Dev Talk: Development Update November 2020

• New

stkmro wrote:

Even though steam charts do not fully represent the full population, but it is good enough to see an indication of population trend. More instanced activities and more retreat in pvp seems to be the way for Albion Online to grow
      Yes the game will grow but after awhile it will die because the diehard fans will find out that there's nothing left to do but HCE or CD for them. It's a quick way to make fast money for any mmo to introduce more and more instanced non threatening game modes, but that isn't the reason why I play this game. That isn't how the game is advertised and there are people out there that don't want a handholding game where there's actual consequences to going out into the world. Now they're removing full loot from yellow zone if you flag while keeping the zergs in their status quo of ganging up on 1 guy in literally any other zone haha oh man. The numbers will keep dropping because the diehard fans, the ones that hate this hce garbage crap are gonna go play something else eventually. I already know that the only reason hg players play hce is to get very fast silver to keep regearing, but what about when they get bored with hg? What the hell is left for them?

It only takes 1 game, one good game that looks and plays like AO to completely kill off your game devs. While currently I'm still finding enjoyment as a solo player as I've speced enough to go ganking in bz but if that one game emerges, the game that stays with the principles of how AO used to be then they only did it to themselves.

It's such a bad introduction for new players to start out in this game as /lfg is useless for them if they want to simply find another other player new or old to go play dungeons with them. If anything just to have some company or someone to talk to. So maybe they keep doing solos until they can gear up enough to get out into redzone/blackzone only to find out there is nothing left for them besides either joining a guild to ff group dungeons or solos out in the outldands. Not everyone wants to join a guild let alone join a discord first then be able to join a guild, nah it's the reason I just solo and made my own guild. Thing is I have tired recruiting new players into it and I was relatively successful for the first week or 2 of them starting out in the game, but they just keep quitting once reaching bz gear and spec - there is nothing left for them to do! I don't have enough active members where we can group up and do group dungeons with, I can't even go to chat to find more random people for them as again /lfg is completely pointless just rename it to /hce already. They can just go play WoW or ffxiv or the million other mmos that are focused around dungeon party finding, why play this when their character in another mmo is already experienced? For real why keep playing AO as a new player if you do actively play other mmos?

The post was edited 1 time, last by rottencheese ().

• New

@rottencheese is right sadly. Back in the days albion was fun. less safe zones, no Ho, no 90 closing solos. Pve was a stepping stone to get Strong in Pve, the map was smaller more pvp encounters. I am playing this game only waiting for a game that brings back full loot hardcore pvp. I talked over the years with many people and they thinking the same or already left the Game. If i want to play a safe pve game i would play it but i want to play a hardcore pvp game and albion its slowly moving away from it.

In the future this Game will be a PVE game with the chance of pvp mark my words :)
    • New

Yep back in the day you'd even find random people to go out into the bz with you didn't need to join a guild AT ALL. I see why the devs are changing how this game was my man and that's money. Money that will stop flowing because like you said this game will become a pve game I'm really seeing that direction after playing this game for some time now. Path of exile, wow, ffxiv, skyrim, guilds wars 2, maplestory (1 and 2), what other mmos can I list here that are already much better if you only want to do risk free pve content?

And the best thing about my complaints as that I am a pve focused player! I just really enjoy how currently the pvp is in this game, I mean yeah sure the hideouts were an awful addition to the game so good job there devs, but I can still find enjoyment ganking those groups. Sometimes ill get ganged up by fucking 10 people LMAO but it can still be fun, whatever high spec flat t4-t6 I'm not losing much. I could even flag up in bluezone/yz and defend my main city, while being exposed to full loot pvp, it's great! Bro they're taking away that function to obviously focus on pve non risk gameplay, to give an even bigger buff if you are in those big guilds in bigger alliances (which tbh are mainly full of pve fame farm players), did SBI just forget what this game was about? Did they get shareholders that they need to please now?
    • New

I do hope the devs continue to keep listening to the community but not basing everything on loud forum posts. Population has only continued to go up with the last few big patches which clearly means they are going in the right direction. The same people saying how amazing the game was "back in the day" are the same people who were happy seeing 100 people in a city and calling the game alive. Definitely thankful devs don't just blindly listen to people who type random shit on here with no actual thought behind it.
    • New

My posts come from a point of view of actually trying to help new players into this game, by doing solo dungeons with them, by explaining how some things work, and by getting them past the fear of going into rz/bz. But I've kinda stopped trying for the most part because most of them simply stop playing the game unless they enjoy gathering or they play mobile. Most are from dota/league/wow/ffxiv so once they get to this point and its usually around the time they get to t5 possibly t6 gear, they just stop playing. Why play hce/cd when they can basically do that in any of the other game that they're already familiar with? That's my question bud and I really don't have an answer for them so they stop playing, yeah guess I would too if I found out cd/hce is now the way to make silver, the way to play the game. Personally I don't "main" mmos because that's all most of them are just instanced lobby finding dungeons. The only game that actually encouraged me to explore the world was gw2, but then again there wasn't much to do once I got to a certain point unlike albion with its total open world sandbox. Pretty sad that they're slowly encouraging less solo play and more group play, guess if they wanna be like any other mmo there we go.

I actually try to look for pvp fights in open world but all I get are groups that come at me, no one wants to 1v1 anymore, everyone is too afraid to lose their precious 100k gear. As a new player coming into AO this game doesn't encourage pvp at all tbh unless you actually enjoy repetitive tasks like cd or if you're lucky enough to find someone chill to hg with otherwise why continue playing it? Or I guess if all u wanna do is join a big guild and not try real pvp just group up and blitzkrieg anyone near your guilds territory just so you can oh right do more pve.

The post was edited 1 time, last by rottencheese ().

• New

Karu wrote:

I do hope the devs continue to keep listening to the community but not basing everything on loud forum posts. Population has only continued to go up with the last few big patches which clearly means they are going in the right direction. The same people saying how amazing the game was "back in the day" are the same people who were happy seeing 100 people in a city and calling the game alive. Definitely thankful devs don't just blindly listen to people who type random shit on here with no actual thought behind it.
      They killed the blackzone
      they refuse to touch HCE .. content that kills the game
    • New

@Karu is this typ of guy where i get the feeling he is not rly playing this Game. Like @xTalx is not wrong. The BZ is way to Big and with Ho everywhere its hard to gank or even find people and that is sad. The most PVP content you can find right now is in the royals. And if you cant see that this game goes in lightning speed away from full loot hardcore pvp to safe heaven pve you are out of your mind.
    • New

Funny that the guys that keep asking for PVP, or blaming the BZ being so huge that there is no possible PVP really DO NOT wanna PVP, they wanna GANGBANG SOLO PLAYERS while on a PT of 30 man.
      If you wanna REAL PVP, there are PLENTY of content, you can go CDG, HG 2x2, HG 5x5, ZVZ Faction Warfare, Crystals, and there you can find a good amount of PVP, and actually do the PVP, but its a FAIR content, not a Gangbang as gankers are used to do.
    • New

its not only about ganking but ganking is a big part of a game like this. Sure that scared and whining pve players this things not unterstand. Will never understand why pve players joining a game, written in the description "full loot pvp" and "risk v reward " and then crying that pvp is in the game. If you want safe pvp without a risk play wow or something like that @Anonxinho @tabooshka
    • New

I am not a PVE player, i've done very little PVE stuff, most of it because i have to do (see PVE side of CDG's and HG's), i know what full loot pvp means, the risk and rewards, and i know that ganking side is also important (not much on the BZ, most on the reds around Caerleon IMO).
      I am not crying about the PVP on the game, i really like the PVP, it's all i do on the Albion, but ive NEVER HAD TO GANK to do PVP, simple because the most ganking part is extremely ridiculous to me, i dont see any excitement on gangbang transporters or gatherers with shit gear and HEAVENLY outnumbered, its barely can be considered PVP, because most of them cant do absolutely NOTHING against gankers.

The thing is, you dont like FAIR PVP, because if you like it you wouldn't be complaining about this kind stuff, you would be complaining about balances on HG's, CDG's or Crystal, but let me see, you are crying on the forum because there is no people on BZ to you gangbang with your 30 man PT.

Ive already said this to you, but i will repeat: IF YOU LIKE PVP, AND WANNA FIND PEOPLE ALL THE TIME, STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON OPEN WORLD WAITING SOMEONE PASSING BY TO GET SOME PVP AND JOIN A CDG, HG OR CRYSTAL, THERE YOU WILL SURE FIND PEOPLE TO DO ACTUALLY PVP (Not that gangbang 30 man PT BZ joke that you care so much about)

At least admit it @Valon001 , the fact that you DONT WANNA FAIR PVP, you just wanna MORE PEOPLE on BZ that HAVE NO CHANCE to retaliate you on PVP, because you can easily outnumber them and the only choice they have is to run away or die to a group of gankers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Anonxinho ().

• New

Notice that the FULL LOOT HARDCORE MMORPG still the same on the FAIR PVP encounters at the CDG's, HG's and Crystals, and even on the Open World at Faction Warfare, but on that occasions you will have to do ACTUALLY PVP, where you ALSO have the risk to die where are NO FREE KILLS as happens while gangbang ganking transporter's or solo players on the BZ.

So stop crying, the game STILL FULL LOOT MMORPG being easily or not to you kill solo players with 30man party on the BZ, and iam glad that is more difficult now to absolutely SHIT PLAYERS (sorry if the ONLY WAY you can kill someone is when you outnumber they, you are definitively a shit player) than before. Maybe being hard to do such a ridiculous thing you get motivated to do REAL PVP, with REAL risk and reward and play without the OUTNUMBER part, i will be more than glad to encounter you @Valon001 on HG's, where you can enter only with a few of you mates.
    • New

are you stupied ? i like pvp and i like ganking, cds, hgs and so on. You dont unterstand that this is a sandbox game you should do whatever you want but you cant. And ganking was never pointless or not worth doing it. Ganked people with over 100m in them, Naked on a mamouth.

This game do not have to be fair or anythings else otherwise scamming would be bannable but it is not. Why ? because you can dicide of you want to be a bad criminel in this game or a fair player that is was make it sandbox. But with all the people crying you can see that this game is moving away from pure sandbox and full loot pvp. You guys bring always the same "fair fights" argument. Its not about that.

Think pls again what this Game ist " FULL LOOT PVP SANDBOX GAME " where you can be whatever you want. But you @Anonxinho want a second wow where you have to be the Good guy and everything has to be Fair. You rly should not play a Sandbox game
    • New

I honestly struggle to understand why you're not trying to talk with the community before planning such important changes.
      You made changes on the HCEs, huge changes, without even asking the biggests HCE discord servers their opinion on the HCE balance changes.
      You're making a very huge faction change without asking to the faction community their opinion. You guys even featured the faction-server a few weeks ago and still have community managers and devs inside this server.
      Yet this server hasn't been asked anything, while they're the one living the faction content on a daily basis, and keeping it alive.

That was my small rant.

Now the changes sounds awesome, on paper.
      I highly doubt a lot of members that are actively playing faction nowadays will be interested in a blackzone launch system between cities.
      But it could create a brand new type of content, It's very hard to imagine smaller non blackzoned guilds going back to royals only for the faction content, such as It feels like you hope for, in the video.

For your information, the most actives faction players, at the moment, are using the faction system to get a very quick non-cluster queued ZvZ content. This is the best way to get a fight within the next 15 minutes.
      The faction event held recently is pretty unique and doesn't occur on a daily basis, it was specially made for the AO TV show this day. Please do not consider it "the daily faction" content.

You will find below a few details that seems important.
      • Outposts wise, It feels like they need to be "buffed" loot-wise, points-wise...something-wise to be more attractive. Or at least be given a more important meaning. That's about it. No rework required.
      • Changing blue/yellow zones to non-lethal feels a bit too much :Blue zone I could agree, it's a beginner zone. Yellow zone still needs more than knockdown, as yellow zones maps are the ones where most battle occurs. You can even notice that all the clips used at the beginning of your video are clips from a faction city attacking the yellow zone right in front, at the gate, of another city. It's not faction zergs running around the maps, it's a faction at a city, provocating a battle. PvEing in yellow zones (group or solo dungeon) will be too safe while having pretty decent rewards for players being faction flagged, in my opinion.
      • Even though you're adding more red zones, I hope you'll think about faction transport, make sure it's not too easy and too safe to do faction transport, especially if both yellow and blue zones are safe...Otherwise the market of the faction related items will crash. Hard. It will already crash due to the more accessible way to get faction points, please consider it as well.
      • Faction campaign is absolutely AWESOME. Nothing to say, PvP fame counting towards that campaign/towards faction points is absolutely AMAZING. I believe it's something that is being asked since....launch, day 1, season 1. Making PvP fame being meaningful. Couldn't ask for more !
      • Although, I hope the PvP fame reward on factions isn't only for the "defenders" of these zones, such as it sounds like in the video, but also for "attackers". Or else there is no incentive to attack, except the possible bonuses (but even then, is it worth to risk the fight for a small bonus faction-wise on a royal zone map ?).

-------
      Not a HG player at all, it looks awesome, more content, more mid-scale, but I can't really give an opinion.
      https://discord.com/invite/aofaction - Faction Fights ZvZs Daily !
      https://discord.gg/S4JqzWj - Crafting community, get advices, find a crafter, be a proud crafter !

The post was edited 2 times, last by Strafalex ().

• New

Strafalex wrote:

I honestly struggle to understand why you're not trying to talk with the community before planning such important changes.
      You made changes on the HCEs, huge changes, without even asking the biggests HCE discord servers their opinion on the HCE balance changes.
      You're making a very huge faction change without asking to the faction community their opinion. You guys even featured the faction-server a few weeks ago and still have community managers and devs inside this server.
      Yet this server hasn't been asked anything, while they're the one living the faction content on a daily basis, and keeping it alive.

That was my small rant.

I highly doubt a lot of members that are actively playing faction nowadays will be interested in a blackzone launch system between cities.
      But it could create a brand new type of content, It's very hard to imagine smaller non blackzoned guilds going back to royals only for the faction content, such as It feels like you hope for, in the video.

For your information, the most actives faction players, at the moment, are using the faction system to get a very quick non-cluster queued ZvZ content. This is the best way to get a fight within the next 15 minutes.
      The faction event held recently is pretty unique and doesn't occur on a daily basis, it was specially made for the AO TV show this day. Please do not consider it "the daily faction" content.

• Outposts wise, It feels like they need to be "buffed" loot-wise, points-wise...something-wise to be more attractive. Or at least be given a more important meaning. That's about it. No rework required.
      • Changing blue/yellow zones to non-lethal feels a bit too much :Blue zone I could agree, it's a beginner zone. Yellow zone still needs more than knockdown, as yellow zones maps are the ones where most battle occurs. You can even notice that all the clips used at the beginning of your video are clips from a faction city attacking the yellow zone right in front, at the gate, of another city. It's not faction zergs running around the maps, it's a faction at a city, provocating a battle. PvEing in yellow zones (group or solo dungeon) will be too safe while having pretty decent rewards for players being faction flagged, in my opinion.
      • Even though you're adding more red zones, I hope you'll think about faction transport, make sure it's not too easy and too safe to do faction transport, especially if both yellow and blue zones are safe...Otherwise the market of the faction related items will crash. Hard. It will already crash due to the more accessible way to get faction points, please consider it as well.
      • Faction campaign is absolutely AWESOME. Nothing to say, PvP fame counting towards that campaign/towards faction points is absolutely AMAZING. I believe it's something that is being asked since....launch, day 1, season 1. Making PvP fame being meaningful. Couldn't ask for more !
      • Although, I hope the PvP fame reward on factions isn't only for the "defenders" of these zones, such as it sounds like in the video, but also for "attackers". Or else there is no incentive to attack, except the possible bonuses (but even then, is it worth to risk the fight for a small bonus faction-wise on a royal zone map ?).

-------
      Not a HG player at all, it looks awesome, more content, more mid-scale, but I can't really give an opinion.
      There's nothing important about HCE players they are a dredge on this games economy. Albion Online is all about risk vs reward so if you aren't risking anything guess what your reward deserves to be...

Frankly I'm surprised that a hardcore full-loot PVP game would even have people playing it who are even interested in doing instanced safe-zone PvE content... The PVE in Albion sucks and is not fun, aren't there like hundreds if not thousands of other MMOs with better PVE? I'm starting to think PVE players in Albion only do it because they've had their asses kicked in so many games that they get their rocks off coming over here and ruining the economy.

The post was edited 2 times, last by JonnnyBones ().

• New

JonnnyBones wrote:

Strafalex wrote:

That was my small rant.

-------
      There's nothing important about HCE players they are a dredge on this games economy. Albion Online is all about risk vs reward so if you aren't risking anything guess what your reward deserves to be...
      Frankly I'm surprised that a hardcore full-loot PVP game would even have people playing it who are even interested in doing instanced safe-zone PvE content... The PVE in Albion sucks and is not fun, aren't there like hundreds if not thousands of other MMOs with better PVE? I'm starting to think PVE players in Albion only do it because they've had their asses kicked in so many games that they get their rocks off coming over here and ruining the economy.
      I'm not a HCE player, I won't play HCE, ever. But they still made huge changes without asking to the community that is playing it daily, a community that could have found ideas to make HCE more balanced.

SBI is simply making the game more casual, easier to play for the whole lot of beginners that joined due to the lockdowns / covid situation.
      https://discord.com/invite/aofaction - Faction Fights ZvZs Daily !
      https://discord.gg/S4JqzWj - Crafting community, get advices, find a crafter, be a proud crafter !

The post was edited 1 time, last by Strafalex ().