Dev Talk: Development Update November 2020

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• We started playing this game because of full loot PvP.

Ever since then, you've slowly moved the game toward safe PvP and instanced PvE...

Please SBI. Think.

The game can be summerised in two things now: HCE and Random Dungeons.

Gone are the days of open world, full loot PvP.

RIP.

If the devs can't figure out how to not use band-aid fixes like random dungeons, HCE and safe-PvP... then hire devs who can.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Phosphia ().

• This looks super exciting! I'm very optimistic for most of this, but there are a couple bits I'm warry of.

I want to reinforce what a couple players have said about Hellgates: we're happy with the amount of PvE! Hellgaters don't want Hellgates to be group-corrupteds. Greater map variety, anti-rat mechanics, ranking system, visual reworks, and a map system for more accessibility all sound like great things!

It is a little unclear from the video: are Hellgates still going to be accessible from the overworld for players? Or will we only be able to access them through maps? And if the former, will 10v10s specifically be available in a certain kind of zone?

As someone who doesn't currently participate in faction warfare actively, I'm excited for the faction changes, but I do think that a lot of the concerns people have about reducing the full-loot aspect is legitimate. It seems to me like you're trying to kill faction city camping and move those players into the red zone, which I personally don't mind, but I can absolutely see being a problem if those players don't end up enjoying the new content/it takes them too long to find fights.
    • ExoDrazos wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

Very nice plans.
      But please make IP Cap in Open World for Blue and Yellow. New players killed by 8.3 Elevate will ruin their fun.
      hopefully not.
      There used to be a IP cap and it has been long removed. it was not fun at all having a IP cap.
      1200 would be enough. Otherwise new players wont have fun. And blue/yellow is for new players ;)
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

So I see Thetford is flagged as a RED ZONE, shouldn't it be a BLUE ZONE? Unless the cities can be launched on via the Faction Warfare system by another faction? 8o

Also Nightcreek Marsh currently is a Yellow Zone, but on the map it's showing as Red. Is this the Royal Zone rework you were talking about Robin?
      except that malag crevasse is yellow, really made me think they maybe would move all yellow and blue zones outside of the inner circle of royals cities... would be a nice change.

I wanna know about that part blue and purple bar... is there more than just taking the outposts to secure a territory? or is that a measure of forces in zone such as stumprot having a t3 of martlocks, and a t2 of thetford...

and what does controlling the cluster bring to that faction.......... i hope it isnt just cosmetic and points on capture, we really need a reason to hold a cluster or fights wont happen.
    • I thought the IP cap for open world was removed because it made x.3 maps in the royals too hard to do?

I wouldn't mind then reinstituting an ip cap for open world blue/yellow zone PvP. Gives people a chance to try out builds they're not specced in to see very roughly how they feel.
    • For faction : if Faction Warfare in blue/yellow zones become non-lethal, it will kill the faction city fight because city defender can't travel though 1-2 zone to defend their faction control zone in red zone.
      For hell gate, why sbi keep adding highest profit in city content in an open world sandbox game.
    • I honestly don't think that any zone should be non-lethal for faction warfare, but at the very least make it so that yellow zones remain lethal or else you'd put a big dent on faction wars and yet ANOTHER constraint on the pvp side of the game (you've been adding a few over the last few months, even though this is mostly a pvp oriented game).
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

So I see Thetford is flagged as a RED ZONE, shouldn't it be a BLUE ZONE? Unless the cities can be launched on via the Faction Warfare system by another faction? 8o

Also Nightcreek Marsh currently is a Yellow Zone, but on the map it's showing as Red. Is this the Royal Zone rework you were talking about Robin?
      Hi @Robinhoodrs,
      what you see in this image is my VERY WIP visual Mockup for the Faction Warfare worldmap that I am currently working on. This does not reflect the exact state of what is planned. Some of the things you see here might end up in the game, some things wont.
      Hope that clarfies some of your concerns.
      Cheers!
      -Mo
    • GrayMo wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Hi @Robinhoodrs, what you see in this image is my VERY WIP visual Mockup for the Faction Warfare worldmap that I am currently working on. This does not reflect the exact state of what is planned. Some of the things you see here might end up in the game, some things wont.
      Hope that clarfies some of your concerns.
      Cheers!
      -Mo
      Thanks for the reply Mo, when can we expect to see the new royal map layout?

So many questions to be asked from this announcement.
      Tired of LAGGING in-game? Try ExitLag;
      Use my link & code 'ROBIN' for 20% off any plan!
      exitl.ag/robin
      youtube.com/c/robinhoodrs