Chillhowl hate thread. Nerf chillhowl.

• foo wrote:

Razraffion wrote:

Chillhowl is an Ava weapon lmao. Not to mention the freeze is not instantaneous and you have ample time to jump away if you're an actual decent player.
      Ample time if your gear has an ability suited to jump away.It's pretty easy to bait it out, and worth using your run ability
      It's pretty easy to bait it out and dodge it. The real issue is you can dodge it, catch back up to them, sprint directly ontop of them, and they can fully get away by simply pressing W and not even need to use their boots. Frost Nova is way too good, it should be a root like freezing wind AND get a longer cooldown.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Razraffion wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

What a joke. I want to see you get away from Chillhowl E with majority of builds. I really want to know how you evade it Because majority of builds lack abilites to do so.
      Bro you have enough time frame to blink/evade/jump/walk away from the AoE when you see the frost circle appear. How about try paying attention for starters? Majority of builds? We both know you haven't seen enough to talk about "majority of builds". Please test what I said via dueling first before running your mouth about how "hard" it is to avoid it lmao.Permafrost Prism is an instantaneous AoE stun effect after a base 0.7 cast time which would of course be shorter to almost instant cast with Pork Omelet and Cast Time passives.
      Chillhowl is an instant cast, but you only get frozen if you keep standing in the AoE for 1 second. Not to mention it only stuns 1 player.

If you can't outplay a Chillhowl user and your brain can't send a signal fast enough to tell you to move when you see the frost AoE effect, Chillhowl isn't the problem. You just have 0 reaction time.
      50% movement doesn´t seem to outrun it - unless u got good ping maybe lol70% movement speed can outrun it for sure. But if you get slowed or such, rip.
      Also, frost will hit you when you got no movement abilities generally anyway, simple as that..And i havent tested it when ur slowed and such. Other thing is it can hit you with W and then with E.
      Don´t have much space to deal with a Decent player.

But i get it. You play frost, so you don´t want your stuff to be nerfed. Understandable.Have a nice day newbie.
      I mean isn't Albion about gearing up to counterplay what the other player has? There's like a shitton of equips that give you mobility be it armor or weapon. If you don't even bother equips that don't even have any defensive or mobility, then you're the newbie, not me. There's such a thing as outplaying, if you use all your abilities all at once without thinking about outplaying the opponent's E, then you deserve to get hit, simple as that. An equipment doesn't have to compensate it's strength if the opponent has bad ping. Imagine if Albion took players' ping into consideration when balancing the game. If you can't avoid anything due to having 300 ping, too bad. That's not the equipment's problem.

And no, I mainly go Holy and Arcane, but I know what I'm talking about. But I get it. You want gameplay to be dumbed down, having no need to counterplay and outplay anything. You just want it to be like a plain hack and slash game that you don't want to try to avoid anything and don't pay attention to your use of abilities.

Understandable. Have a nice day, smoothbrain.
    • JonnnyBones wrote:

foo wrote:

Razraffion wrote:

Chillhowl is an Ava weapon lmao. Not to mention the freeze is not instantaneous and you have ample time to jump away if you're an actual decent player.
      Ample time if your gear has an ability suited to jump away.It's pretty easy to bait it out, and worth using your run ability
      It's pretty easy to bait it out and dodge it. The real issue is you can dodge it, catch back up to them, sprint directly ontop of them, and they can fully get away by simply pressing W and not even need to use their boots. Frost Nova is way too good, it should be a root like freezing wind AND get a longer cooldown.
      Or you can dodge back to the Chillhowl user's direction, they can get away for a while after W but since you only used one skill to dodge, you still have the rest of your skills to close an 11m+(1.5s -ish x assumed normal speed) gap, which very easy for melee users.
    • foo wrote:

Razraffion wrote:

Ample time if your gear has an ability suited to jump away.
      You have enough gear slots available to have a mobility skill on. If you chose to go out pure offensive, then you deserve to get punished for not having any mobility skill.
    • Razraffion wrote:

JonnnyBones wrote:

foo wrote:

Razraffion wrote:

Or you can dodge back to the Chillhowl user's direction, they can get away for a while after W but since you only used one skill to dodge, you still have the rest of your skills to close an 11m+(1.5s -ish x assumed normal speed) gap, which very easy for melee users.
      And then you just get frozen again because you used all your skills to close the gap, which as a frost user is exactly what I want you to do. If you burn your mobility abilities and I still have my sprint up you are done son, the fights as good as over.

Also not any melee in the game can easily catch back up to you, that's a crock of shit. The only fuckers that even get near me are pre-stacked swords & daggers with their 22 meter shadows edge. Nobody else can even touch me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JonnnyBones ().

• is not too hard to counter chillhowl E, few builds really can't jump away but can use pressure to make a good damage trade.
      The whole dagger tree is even possible to jump away using the Q ability; the same with sword tree but using the E. Using a crossbow tree u just can use the first Q that the range is absurd (who use that against frost know what i'm talking about). Even a boots can be a counter and everyone is complaining about range
    • the problem with chill how is because its 1 handed its e cooldown is quite low with mist caller and the fact that they can cast just e and use w to run away out of most build's range is ubsurd. it forces people to pop at least 1 mobility or defensive skill and with 2 seconds hard stun frost can have enough space to run away too. i feel bad for melee builds that lacks a hard mobility skill and this is coming from a bow main where i have 13 range to work with for my autos
    • It is actually very hard to avoid the Chill E for majority of builds. Even if you pop run you often cannot get out in time. If you just pop boots immediately to start the fight the frost can as well or simply W you and follow up with E. Either way they get to easily maintain max distance while their E comes up quickly again. I think like many have pointed out the CD ends up being far to short for this weapon since it is 1 hand. Probably should have been a 2 handed weapon. Almost all of these builds barely even ever use Q simply use E and run until E is back. The build is not immortal by any means this range nerf should be a solid initial balance step to observe.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().