Give incentive for people to go to BZ, or nerf HCE and CD, otherwise BZ and RZ will die

    • Borbarad wrote:

      What´s the point of going deep into BZ? It takes too much time travelling, you gotta go back, you gotta bank, you might be ganked if ur new - and what for ? For T8 solo dungeons or T8 group dungeons ?

      What´s the point in going to BZ, when you can just go to CD and gain SUPERIOR FAME AND LOOT than from T8 solo dungeons.

      What´s the point in going to BZ, when you can just go to HCE and gain SUPERIOR FAME AND LOOT than from T8 group dungeons.

      What´s the point in doing GATHERING when you can gain SUPERIOR FAME AND LOOT from HCE and CD ?
      What´s the point in doing GANKING when you can gain SUPERIOR FAME AND LOOT from HCE and CD ?

      I like to have fun in BZ. I like to solo gank. I like to dive group dungeons. But guess what ? Few people go to BZ anymore. Group dungeons have scouts and even if i dive them alone, they will still A out. I want to have some fun, but i can´t blame the players for not going to BZ. After all, who wouldn´t do what´s more safe, faster, efficient, and worthwhile ?

      Save the game SBI, please. Nerf HCE or CD, or heavily buff BZ - give people some incentive to go to BZ.
      I am ready to remind you why most small groups and solo players practically stopped going to BZ. MONOPOLY OF ALLIANCES. You cannot calmly go to BZ as before and see the confrontation of 5-10 different guilds. Now the Alliances control the territories and rent shelters, while those who rent shelters do not attack each other. So the request to cut down on loot / experience in HCE / CD / Solo dungeons is not entirely clear, do you want to finally get rid of small groups and solo players?
    • As some posts have mentioned and I feel strongly about - buff group dungeons for low party 4-5 groups to want to do them again. And not just guilds, not just alliances, not even friends that know each other, but some how make random strangers want to wait for a group leader to find more people to go out into bz together and do the group dungeons. But I'll be honest I'm not 100% familiar with how these alliances work. I've seen zerg parties from other mega guilds try to gank me or my friend when we try to do the solos so wouldn't they just put a hideout close to the dungeon entrance & if a scout sees a party of 5 people go in he'd call his boys and make it a 10v5 at the very least? How do you go about fixing that kind of cancer?

      These hideouts seem to be ruining the game for a lot of people, how did the devs not realize this would happen?

      Hideouts in a black zone territory? You'd be laughed at for the entire idea 2 years ago. Was this really necessary to grow the game?
      Don't forget capes are purge-able, this means if you're using martlock cape for example against a black hands that he may simply purge the capes ability. Also keeper cape is purgeable etc.
    • rottencheese wrote:

      Hideouts in a black zone territory? You'd be laughed at for the entire idea 2 years ago. Was this really necessary to grow the game?
      Yes, and it was a brilliant idea... executed extremely poorly. I can only assume the reason why they haven't changed/fixed it is because they realize that they'd have to bust down and move massive amounts of players and loot, which is my main concern on why this will never be fixed.
    • for sujre HCE need nerf.. it should be FUN MODE. not money making stuff..
      Albion Online RISK = REWARD
      where is risk in HCE ?
      bilions of silver in grinded every months from there.
      people are siting in city 24/7 and grinding silver.
      3/4 people in albion are scared to PVP and lose gear.. F2P ZOOMERS
    • HCE fame is probably ok but yes the silver profit needs a massive nerf. From my understanding the intent of city expeditions and later HCE was always to give a casual place for quick fame for players not having time to organize an OW group etc. It is now morphed into this live in city and spam for hours crap for massive amounts of silver. Again HCEs should be about fame not making money.
    • You forget about chests inside Roads and HOs. A few teammates do a green chest that is close to our HO, they almost don't do anything else.

      They don't risk equipment and they do more fame and profit than doing map T7 dungeons.

      And the rewards... One got a 40millon item. You can easily make 10millons in a couple of hours.
    • TioJuance wrote:

      You forget about chests inside Roads and HOs. A few teammates do a green chest that is close to our HO, they almost don't do anything else.

      They don't risk equipment and they do more fame and profit than doing map T7 dungeons.

      And the rewards... One got a 40millon item. You can easily make 10millons in a couple of hours.

      The problem is the 30-45 minute respawn wait for those chests and the fact that they usually only have 15-20 total mobs.

      Where with HCEs and CDs, players can run them over and over and over and over again and get way more fame and loot per hour than can be matched literally ANYWHERE else in the game.

      Fact is, the best fame/hour and silver/hour in the game SHOULD NOT BE IN AN INSTANCED AND INFINITELY REPEATABLE CONTENT AREA!

      Why can't SBI understand this!!!!
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • The opportunity cost in traveling to the black zones is another cost tacked onto the potential risk in going there. As far as I can tell, all of the red zones have some high reputation player camped outside the entrance to every red zone ready to alert a group of 5+ minimum. I can run past and try to shake them but they are posted at each entrance. Its not exactly a quiet activity taking out animals to skin so its kind of a loud and obvious when I'm there.

      This makes the BZ more appealing but the massive map of alliances and guilds suggests there are overarching politics that would put an additional target on my back. Given I know so little about it, I would be entering an unknown situation all to get resources I'll probably never find a way to bring back home.

      Honestly, I've come to respect solo gankers a lot more at least they have the guts to take you on face to face instead of waiting on a mob of friends to protect them. It seems like more and more ganking is just large groups camping near entrances.

      At the end of the day, unless I can gather more than my gear costs the risk is far greater than the reward. The obvious solution would be to wear cheaper gear but actually gearing up has allowed me to escape ganking and fight back if there is no way out and I'm outnumbered. I'm never not outnumbered when gathering. Went in a duo once and eight people zoned in and started chasing us down not five minutes later. My current strategy is to just tour the yellow zones around Albion one by one.

      I check in on red zones but they always have someone posted at the door that chases me down. Why waste time escaping and risk my gear? I still check the entrances but I get the impression there are more gankers than gatherers to "feed" them.

      I don't find the black zone that enticing as it still has the same risk of being ganked with the added risk of someone who "owns" that area killing you and the fact that its not exactly a cake walk getting in and out is just enough it make the whole thing sound like a lot more of a headache than a resource haven.
    • synicsine wrote:

      The opportunity cost in traveling to the black zones is another cost tacked onto the potential risk in going there. As far as I can tell, all of the red zones have some high reputation player camped outside the entrance to every red zone ready to alert a group of 5+ minimum. I can run past and try to shake them but they are posted at each entrance. Its not exactly a quiet activity taking out animals to skin so its kind of a loud and obvious when I'm there.

      This makes the BZ more appealing but the massive map of alliances and guilds suggests there are overarching politics that would put an additional target on my back. Given I know so little about it, I would be entering an unknown situation all to get resources I'll probably never find a way to bring back home.

      Honestly, I've come to respect solo gankers a lot more at least they have the guts to take you on face to face instead of waiting on a mob of friends to protect them. It seems like more and more ganking is just large groups camping near entrances.

      At the end of the day, unless I can gather more than my gear costs the risk is far greater than the reward. The obvious solution would be to wear cheaper gear but actually gearing up has allowed me to escape ganking and fight back if there is no way out and I'm outnumbered. I'm never not outnumbered when gathering. Went in a duo once and eight people zoned in and started chasing us down not five minutes later. My current strategy is to just tour the yellow zones around Albion one by one.

      I check in on red zones but they always have someone posted at the door that chases me down. Why waste time escaping and risk my gear? I still check the entrances but I get the impression there are more gankers than gatherers to "feed" them.

      I don't find the black zone that enticing as it still has the same risk of being ganked with the added risk of someone who "owns" that area killing you and the fact that its not exactly a cake walk getting in and out is just enough it make the whole thing sound like a lot more of a headache than a resource haven.
      Blue scouting should absolutly 100% be against the rules. SBI even put provisions in the terms and conditions making it against the rules for you to blue scout for yourself. Blue scouting is blue scouting there is no distinction IMO. It breaks the flagging system.
    • Remember the times before queen ?

      When there was actually a feel of progress ?

      Blue and yellow zones for newbies, only to move to RZ as more experienced - or even to BZ, where was best loot, fame, gathering and such.

      When you wanted to hit T8 zones, you had to travel through x zones, risking being ganked, and then risking when travelling back with the loot. It was fun. Black zone felt like it was Something, it was a bit like having some prestige to be there.

      Now, why even bother going to BZ ? You get all the best loot and fame in instanced areas. Why even bother gathering when you can just simply and easily get way better loot and fame on top of that in CD or HCE. You dont need to travel.

      And you want to gather? Go to blue zone, find a road, and look at that - tons of gathering mats, aspects, great loot etc.

      I am just salty that black zone is dead and i can´t solo gank anymore, because it´s just so darn empty.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • This is quite disheartening. I just started (casually) playing a few weeks ago after a 2 year break. Didn't get too far into BZ last time. My small family/friends guild kept getting zerged each time we dipped a toe into BZs and lost interest. However, it's sad to hear that this game is straying away from it's identity, and that this is the current state of BZs. I appreciate the roads, and RSDs. CDs are alright. Haven't done a HCE yet, but it sounded like a good way to spend a casual weekend getting a bit of safe loot. I didn't realize that they wer THE way to get loot. I did notice that CDs give way too much fame for what they were. I'll take everyone's word on the loot, as I 've seen that just about everywhere. Hopefully, this will be addressed at some point. If I wanted to play LFG dungeon simulator, I'd play WoW. Though I suppose I should see the state of BZs for myself.
    • I fame farm in CD, can't say I really make much bank because I use both a satchel and auto respect but I sometimes break even.

      When I wan to have more PvP fun though I just go out to the black zone with some friends, we recently have been going green lock and we sometimes gank people in the tier 7 and tier 8 zones since those are the best areas to go. Occasionally we find newer players roaming about in the lesser zones and more times then not we pick fights with another gank group and get stomped because we are a bunch of noobs but its all fun.

      Right now the black zone from what I see is a fair place to go to gather as its not as heavily zerged down as it was before the corrupted dungeons and mists of avalon were added, but to say its dead is kind of false.

      Before the Mists we were running into those larger portal gank groups that roam in packs of 8-20 using panthers, ravens and whatever broken gank mount they could. It actually got a bit frustrating when you are just ganking with 1-3 people and only find these large groups that you stand no chance against.

      This is a long ramble I know but I feel right now its a bit more balanced in the black zone. You can find small groups or solo players to kill if you know where and how to look and at the same time you can sometimes run into larger groups too. If you hit the black zone during the zone timers then you can get into ZvZ fights.

      I wouldn't mind seeing some new things added to the black zone to attract more people there but I can say that simply nerfing the hell out of corrupted dungeons, HCE and royal contentant stuff isn't exactly going to make things better. I am enjoying the black zone way more now then I did before the Mists of Avalon.
    • Vertos wrote:

      This is quite disheartening. I just started (casually) playing a few weeks ago after a 2 year break. Didn't get too far into BZ last time. My small family/friends guild kept getting zerged each time we dipped a toe into BZs and lost interest. However, it's sad to hear that this game is straying away from it's identity, and that this is the current state of BZs. I appreciate the roads, and RSDs. CDs are alright. Haven't done a HCE yet, but it sounded like a good way to spend a casual weekend getting a bit of safe loot. I didn't realize that they wer THE way to get loot. I did notice that CDs give way too much fame for what they were. I'll take everyone's word on the loot, as I 've seen that just about everywhere. Hopefully, this will be addressed at some point. If I wanted to play LFG dungeon simulator, I'd play WoW. Though I suppose I should see the state of BZs for myself.
      I've tried multiple times to farm in BZ. I got ganked by zergs each time trying to reach high tier maps.

      I'm T8, 70 spec, what I'm supposed to do right now? Farm in Ava roads? Yeah, that's even worse. My only good option is to farm in a T7 red zone, and I'm getting so bored of it. This is a monopoly game, it's so rigged.