• Cooldown: 8 → 9.5
      • Groundsmash:
        • Cast time: 1.3 → 1.4
        • Time between double attacks: 1.6 → 1.8
      Infernal Horror:
      • Adjusted spell area to better match visual effects
      Other Changes
      • Added a new Marketplace subcategory for Battle Mounts
      • Satchels of Insight on the Black Market are now closer to their previous value, and their prices will increase more quickly
      • Adjusted behavior of Pathfinder Great Mage (Roads of Avalon boss) to better fit the terrain
      • Enchanted Stone added to Adventurer's Challenge weekly chests, bringing stone in line with other resources in these chests
      Combat Balance Changes

Frost Staffs
      • Frozen Hell (Icicle Staff):
        • Slow Strength: 75% → 50%
      Holy Staffs
      • Sacred Pulse (all Holy Staffs)
        • Cooldown: 8s -> 12s
        • Heal Value: 56 -> 40
      • Divine Intervention (Hallowfall)
        • Cooldown: 18s -> 25s
        • If you heal at least one other ally the cooldown is decreases by 40%
      Armor
      • Self Igniton (Spectre Jacket)
        • True Damage vs Players: 50 -> 45
      Helmets
      • Force Field (all cloth helmets):
        • Knockback no longer scales with IP
        • Instead, the ability now always knocks targets 16m away (ignoring crowd control resistance)
      Shoes
      • Motivating Pain (Quarrier Worknoots)
        • Cooldown: 50s -> 150s
      Miscellaneous
      • AoE Escalation:
        • 2 Targets = 8% → 5%
        • 3 Targets = 16% → 10%
        • 4 Targets = 24% → 15%
        • 5 Targets = 32% → 20%
        • 6 Targets = 40% → 25%
        • 7 Targets = 40% → 30%
        • 8 Targets = 40% → 35%
        • 9+ Targets = 40% → 40%
      Fixes
      • All tiers of Snapper (new Roads of Avalon fish) now give the correct Fame when eaten raw, and can now also be made into Chopped Fish as intended
      • Fixed missing minimap information showing water and ability to fish in Caerleon Underway
      • Various dungeon and open-world terrain fixes
      • Additional minor graphical, animation, and localization fixes

The post was edited 3 times, last by Retroman ().

• AoE Escalation:
      • 2 Targets = 8% → 5%
      • 3 Targets = 16% → 10%
      • 4 Targets = 24% → 15%
      • 5 Targets = 32% → 20%
      • 6 Targets = 40% → 25%
      • 7+ Targets = 40% → 30%

@Retroman, what have u done with this game dude. U are basically removing the best ZvZ mechanic. Why you constantly keep making this game less skill-based and more number-based? I dont even mention "queued map dodge" which is gonna be deadly for smaller forces, just because bigger blobs gonna zone straight into them and wipe them with overwhelming forces. Do you even think about consequences of those changes? Why u let smaller part of community that is advicing u on NDA deciding about the game look? Once u've been making global polls about the disarray, etc. Make another poll for current zvz state and ask WHOLE community if they're fine with aoe escalation nerfs or not...
    • KickinMACHINE wrote:

AoE Escalation:
      • 2 Targets = 8% → 5%
      • 3 Targets = 16% → 10%
      • 4 Targets = 24% → 15%
      • 5 Targets = 32% → 20%
      • 6 Targets = 40% → 25%
      • 7+ Targets = 40% → 30%
      @Retroman, what have u done with this game dude. U are basically removing the best ZvZ mechanic. Why you constantly keep making this game less skill-based and more number-based? I dont even mention "queued map dodge" which is gonna be deadly for smaller forces, just because bigger blobs gonna zone straight into them and wipe them with overwhelming forces. Do you even think about consequences of those changes? Why u let smaller part of community that is advicing u on NDA deciding about the game look? Once u've been making global polls about the disarray, etc. Make another poll for current zvz state and ask WHOLE community if they're fine with aoe escalation nerfs or not...
      Have to agree.
    • KickinMACHINE wrote:

Hey, the current changes are stil in testing. And we are still evaluating on them.

If you disagree with this change, it would be helpful if you can explain more detailed why you prefer the current values and in what scenarios you think it is better and how this change will be negatively affect the gameplay. Do you think the new cap is too low? Or do you think the ramp up is too slow with the new values?

The main change we noticed after patch 7 is that the ramp up when hitting 2-4 targets is pretty high right now. Increasing the average damage, which hits a few enemies too much.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Already Albion zvz is dying slowly due to big alliances for win battle, take outpost and castle capping maps without fights.
      Now you guys want to nerf even more aoe escalation to benefit even more large numbers, preferring quantity over quality.
      The number of daily zvz content can be count on two hands. No one want more wait and waste an hour of their time waiting in queue.

As king of handholding said: no matter how you win, the important thing is win
      I think he has serious problems in real life btw this is only a game

The post was edited 1 time, last by Luxor ().

• Retroman wrote:

KickinMACHINE wrote:

Hey, the current changes are stil in testing. And we are still evaluating on them.

If you disagree with this change, it would be helpful if you can explain more detailed why you prefer the current values and in what scenarios you think it is better and how this change will be negatively affect the gameplay. Do you think the new cap is too low? Or do you think the ramp up is too slow with the new values?

The main change we noticed after patch 7 is that the ramp up when hitting 2-4 targets is pretty high right now. Increasing the average damage, which hits a few enemies too much.

Cheers,
      Retro
      to be fair at start, I am not a fan of your work Retro. I don't want to rate it, that would not be beneficial for you and would have consequences for me in the end.

So let's keep it constructive.

It is very tricky to give you feedback on this, because you never share with all your changes including nda what you try to achieve.

If the design goal of this change is, numbers get more power and outnumbering is good for the casual player and increases game revenue.. good change is my feedback.
      If your design goal is, give bigger numbers more power, all correct.

If your design goal is, smaller groups should have a chance, I mean, literally, you are reducing AOE escalation, which was the only chance of the outnumbered party, then this is a step in the wrong direction. But it is no rocket science, I am sure this is obvious to you, too.

So my feedback is:
      Step 1: define what you want to achieve
      Step 2: discuss this goal, get feedback if your customer want this
      Step 3: If yes, then put proposal in how you want do that
      Step 4: get feedback on this

Then go for it..

This would be a customer centric approach. For me it seems you are on a developer centric approach, which works as long there is no good competition. But this situation might not last forever..so maybe consider the proposal?
    • Luxor wrote:

Already Albion zvz is dying slowly due to big alliances for win battle, take outpost and castle capping maps without fights.
      Now you guys want to nerf even more aoe escalation to benefit even more large numbers, preferring quantity over quality.
      The number of daily zvz content can be count on two hands. No one want more wait and waste an hour of their time waiting in queue.
      this game is already dead. Big alliances several guildies in one alliance (I mean different alliances in a mega alliance like POE) will kill the game. There is no more reason to fight. Map cluster queue and lock the map with their own mega alliance and who is attacking or defending cannot even stay in the map! This game is bullshit.
    • Retroman wrote:

KickinMACHINE wrote:

Cheers,
      Retro
      I dont know if my feedback can have any sort of value as I am just a solo/small scale player, but i strongly disagree with nerfing the AOE escalation mechanic, it makes total sense in zvz but not everything in the game revolves around zvz's, this heavily punishes small scale fights, where one party is often outnumbered and has to pull off very good coordination and knowledge to kill the other party. AOE escalation is one of our main damage sources in that situation and i'm just saddened to see it nerfed over and over just because "that's what we need to do for zvz's". What about open world and small scale :/. Is there any way to make so the ramp up for 1-5 players is untouched ? To at least keep the fun in small scale and outnumbered fights ? I can't claim I have any zvz experience so you guys know best, i'm just sad that we're almost losing a legit mechanic in the game, stuff like Nomasti's 1v8 heron spear videos etc relied on aoe escalation alone and was extremely rewarding (And not easy ) to pull off, not claiming that what you're doing is not the right choice or not. Anyway these were just random thoughts, good luck :P
    • AOE Escalation use to be a counter to Focus Fire. Spreading out and creating and bombing clumps was the strategy.

Now it's the opposite? Focus fire defensive is nearly double AOE escalation even at low numbers of around 5 people?

Clump up to get a defensives from focus fire, dont camlann enemies, try hit the minimum number of people to reduce focus fire, run multiple 1 shot crossbows.
    • Retroman wrote:

KickinMACHINE wrote:

Cheers,
      Retro
      @Retroman Sure. In my opinion it is too hard right now to delete a clump of for example 10,15+ enemies. Stacking should be punished in ZvZ and what was helping that, was AoE Escalation mechanic. What you do by nerfing aoe escalation is just buffing leather/plate armor users, mostly melees, whose are already super strong. Cloth users are being melted right now by specter jacket/hellion jacket melees with lifesteal food. Its already almost impossible to land a single channeled spell with all the random interrupts (judi helms, snare charges etc.). Shouldnt cloth damage dealers be the ones dealing the biggest dmg output on zvzs? Think about that and if u still wont change ur thoughts about aoe escalation, maybe think about adding resilience penetration on ranged weapons? So this way aoe pressure from siegebows or other channeled spells would be still big, but without slowing down ur "public enemy" which is low TTK.

Edit: U already see posts in this thread written by unsatisfied people. It shouldnt be hard to make a global poll asking people if they liked new aoe escalation changes or not. Cause personally I dont know anyone (srsly none) who would like those.
    • addidas wrote:

AOE Escalation use to be a counter to Focus Fire. Spreading out and creating and bombing clumps was the strategy.

Now it's the opposite? Focus fire defensive is nearly double AOE escalation even at low numbers of around 5 people?

Clump up to get a defensives from focus fire, dont camlann enemies, try hit the minimum number of people to reduce focus fire, run multiple 1 shot crossbows.
      That sounds like a neat strategy tbh hahahaha
    • Regarding huge numbers - well, that´s how it goes.

Unless one is no.1 or no.2 alliance, there is nothing that can be done.

Look at destroying hideouts - if you try to destroy hideout of a big alliance, they don´t even need to do anything for few days. When it´s last HP of hideout, they just mass whole alliance and ez clap. Or to take terri, they can mess up 400 people against 100 and it´s ez clap.

Beating enemies with numbers is pretty boring imo.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Regarding huge numbers - well, that´s how it goes.

Unless one is no.1 or no.2 alliance, there is nothing that can be done.

Look at destroying hideouts - if you try to destroy hideout of a big alliance, they don´t even need to do anything for few days. When it´s last HP of hideout, they just mass whole alliance and ez clap. Or to take terri, they can mess up 400 people against 100 and it´s ez clap.

Beating enemies with numbers is pretty boring imo.
      that's what I am saying, which puzzles me..

There is interview and dev talk which sounds like.. we create mists.. and tweak things that small guilds have a chance

On the other hand

So much changes like the AOE escalation go exactly different direction. Increasing power projection of huge zergs..

And the effect is so obvious to everyone band their dog, and also so many people like in this thread point to it. And even with a potential huge language barrier, it is so clear what people say, that there is no excuse not to know it from reading feedback...

And at this point, I am lost - do we all understand design goals wrong? Have these changed? Something else wrong in the process - honestly no clue..

Long time I thought it is a knowledge issue or too far away from playing, but that's simply impossible..

So I am lost..

My only imagination is, feedback is expected to confirm, as maybe a rule says.. hey! Go! Ask them for feedback ... And the feedback is simply wrong..

Well anyway ..just guessing
    • So still no nerf to the grapple mobs in corrupteds... ok cool whatever only about 50% of my losses in corrupteds we're attributed to them so its fine who needs a 1v1 without getting pulled into a horrible position and losing half your health anyways.
      Please just slow down the animation or lower the range lower the cc duration or damage just do something.
      2v2 meta is incredibly boring, clapping is dead, zvz is just a numbers game and these mobs are singlehandedly ruining corrupteds for me.
      Guess ill just become a gatherer