Testserver Patch Notes - Rise of Avalon Patch 9

• Retroman wrote:

KickinMACHINE wrote:

@Retroman, what have u done with this game dude. U are basically removing the best ZvZ mechanic. Why you constantly keep making this game less skill-based and more number-based? I dont even mention "queued map dodge" which is gonna be deadly for smaller forces, just because bigger blobs gonna zone straight into them and wipe them with overwhelming forces. Do you even think about consequences of those changes? Why u let smaller part of community that is advicing u on NDA deciding about the game look? Once u've been making global polls about the disarray, etc. Make another poll for current zvz state and ask WHOLE community if they're fine with aoe escalation nerfs or not...
      Hey, the current changes are stil in testing. And we are still evaluating on them.

If you disagree with this change, it would be helpful if you can explain more detailed why you prefer the current values and in what scenarios you think it is better and how this change will be negatively affect the gameplay. Do you think the new cap is too low? Or do you think the ramp up is too slow with the new values?

The main change we noticed after patch 7 is that the ramp up when hitting 2-4 targets is pretty high right now. Increasing the average damage, which hits a few enemies too much.

Cheers,
      Retro
      I want to say the aoe escalation not only apply to big zvz, but also small scale as well. For veterans players, we enjoy doing small group (3-4) fighting bigger group (5-10) which is possible with the original aoe escalation. The proposed new value significantly decrease the smaller group strength to fight bigger group and will move the pvp content toward N+1 to win instead of skill + ip.

The reason for pushing zvz for terri control is to involve more players into the terri control. After a few seasons, the politics has settled into a lot of handholding and large zvz does not happen as much as the beginning of queen update. Most of the large zvz content involve long rides and waiting on queue which is not very enjoyable but necessary. A lot of players I know tried the zvz content and back out of it because of the bad experience.

I am not going to provide much insight on how to improve the big scale zvz content since I dont do it very often, but I want to point out the impact on small scale zvz with the aoe escalation change.

I dont think the change will solve or improve big zvz issue but negatively impact small scale pvp which is why I think its a bad decision. Aoe escalation should be big to make an impact in any fight, small or large. The clump and clap style is always the model in albion pvp, which is why we have so much cc and aoe skills in the game.
    • prostok01 wrote:

Lolpetijn wrote:

Bud half of them are undodgeable. like i would try to reset and i would die just because 1 was in that area either i get fucked by the mob or i waste 30 minutes moving past it and my enemy catches up
      In most cases they have aggro range slightly less then width of the corridor. If not, you just tap any speed buff and dodge it easily. Go try it on test server.
      with the recent update to corrupteds they added a lot of grappler mobs in spots which make them undodgeable and the thing is i shouldnt need to waste my boots because there is a mob there if im 1v1ing someone i don't wanna have to worry about some shitter mob getting aggro and ruining my fight
    • KickinMACHINE wrote:

@Retroman

I dont see reason why u would cap aoe escalation at 40% on 9 players. Why wouldnt you increase it back up to for example70 - 100% or less when hitting like 15-20man clumps? Please make stacking being punishable and it might be only done by proper AoE escalation numbers.
      It's simple really:

The Round Table members, mostly comprised of large Guild/Alliance GMs, keep crying and whining about how their numbers advantage is destroyed when a small bomb squad can wipe out their zerg.

So instead of doing the right thing, SBI caters to their BA/POE/MG overlords and does what they want.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • KickinMACHINE wrote:

Seems like that, cause i've heard that if u're not the biggest name on Round Table, u're getting overwhelmed by those. Its sad that they let only one or two biggest alliance's leaders in the game decide how's the game gonna look like.
      Congratulations! Albion has now turned into a reality show of 2 big houses fucking over eachother in a video game.
      The regular community of players that gets ignored on every occasion unless they scream for 3 months straight on the forums is definetly not important!
      While we have 3 dead lines of weapons and bunches of useless armour pieces that didnt receive meaningful changes or buffs for over 2 years, instead we have ZvZ escalation and disarray changes every fucking patch!

This shitshow is fucking retarded.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

KickinMACHINE wrote:

Seems like that, cause i've heard that if u're not the biggest name on Round Table, u're getting overwhelmed by those. Its sad that they let only one or two biggest alliance's leaders in the game decide how's the game gonna look like.
      Congratulations! Albion has now turned into a reality show of 2 big houses fucking over eachother in a video game.The regular community of players that gets ignored on every occasion unless they scream for 3 months straight on the forums is definetly not important!
      While we have 3 dead lines of weapons and bunches of useless armour pieces that didnt receive meaningful changes or buffs for over 2 years, instead we have ZvZ escalation and disarray changes every fucking patch!

This shitshow is fucking retarded.
      Big alliances have broken to handholding

The politics work that way

People like syndic rent round table seats to their shitters but make sure in the RT conferences all sing their song to the developer. If not these get excluded from handholding, loose their hideouts and season rankings and get replaced at RT.

Has been like this forever..
    • Yo boys,

Leave the conspiracy it's not how you want to perceive it not even close.

In the RT we fight for the health of the game and we also protest the N+1 issue more than you think the developers still don't find a sweet spot for the Disarray and the SCQ because they are relatively new mechanics in the game consider them important since they dictate the current system of conquest the very core part of the end-game.

@Trial_hard I played in PoE for almost two years at different periods, Syndic never said a word about the RT and in discussions in it I have disagreed and agreed with his feedback plenty of times.
    • Norgannon wrote:

Yo boys,

Leave the conspiracy it's not how you want to perceive it not even close.

In the RT we fight for the health of the game and we also protest the N+1 issue more than you think the developers still don't find a sweet spot for the Disarray and the SCQ because they are relatively new mechanics in the game consider them important since they dictate the current system of conquest the very core part of the end-game.

@Trial_hard I played in PoE for almost two years at different periods, Syndic never said a word about the RT and in discussions in it I have disagreed and agreed with his feedback plenty of times.
      Why cant we see the RT part of the forum?
      Surely there have been brainstorms about how Disarray and Escalation are more important than fixing the balance for the recently released inscentiviser for 1v1 combat?
      Surely there have been brainstorms about why Spears and Arcane received no meaningful changes for the past 2 years? (Excluding the recent spirithunter E rework).

The ability to see how devs are pushing around ideas and what arguments they use to back up their direction of the game is very important for the community.
      All the regular players have access to is slim information pieces like devtalks/roadmaps with an occasional statistics drop.

There is not enough communication from the devs.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • @Retroman People have been complaining about the mega alliances for quite a while now, and between the current patch and the proposed changes in patch 9 to AoE escalation, it seems like mega alliances will become even more oppressive than ever. Could you please explain your thinking with these changes beyond "it feels like a bit much" within the context of smaller guilds/alliances fighting against much larger groups? Right now I think people feel like you're not really hearing them and the proposed changes make very little sense when mega alliances already wield so much might in Albion. Thank you in advance.
    • Gnomead wrote:

@Retroman People have been complaining about the mega alliances for quite a while now, and between the current patch and the proposed changes in patch 9 to AoE escalation, it seems like mega alliances will become even more oppressive than ever. Could you please explain your thinking with these changes beyond "it feels like a bit much" within the context of smaller guilds/alliances fighting against much larger groups? Right now I think people feel like you're not really hearing them and the proposed changes make very little sense when mega alliances already wield so much might in Albion. Thank you in advance.
      Here is the background on the AOE escalation changes:
      • We discovered a long standing bug - probably has been in the game for years - that made AOE escalation only start from 3 players onwards. This has been fixed now, which naturally makes AOE escalation stronger than it was before - hence, we lowered the percentage and adjusted the cap. The reason why we fixed this bug in the first place was that it makes AOE escalation work better in small scale situations.
      • From previous Disarray iterations (there was a time where Disarray increased your damage taken as well, for example) and the resulting data and player feedback we concluded that people generally do not like ZvZ to be too one-shot based. The reason is that players don't like to travel to a fight, possibly sit in queue only to be then potentially wiped out within 2 seconds.
      • Now, the recent Disarray changes (making Disarray values relative based on the count difference between both sides) have, as a side-effect, significantly increased DPS output in ZvZs by up to 50%. By adjusting the AOE escalation capped, we have brought this increase down somewhat. All in all, time to kill in ZvZ currently is probably still faster than it was before the Disarray changes. This is partially off-set by more efficient healing.
      • Note that one of the core reason behind making Disarray relative was to make splitting up / hand-holding outside of your alliance less attractive overall.
    • Korn wrote:

Gnomead wrote:

@Retroman People have been complaining about the mega alliances for quite a while now, and between the current patch and the proposed changes in patch 9 to AoE escalation, it seems like mega alliances will become even more oppressive than ever. Could you please explain your thinking with these changes beyond "it feels like a bit much" within the context of smaller guilds/alliances fighting against much larger groups? Right now I think people feel like you're not really hearing them and the proposed changes make very little sense when mega alliances already wield so much might in Albion. Thank you in advance.
      • We discovered a long standing bug - probably has been in the game for years - that made AOE escalation only start from 3 players onwards. This has been fixed now, which naturally makes AOE escalation stronger than it was before - hence, we lowered the percentage and adjusted the cap. The reason why we fixed this bug in the first place was that it makes AOE escalation work better in small scale situations.
      • From previous Disarray iterations (there was a time where Disarray increased your damage taken as well, for example) and the resulting data and player feedback we concluded that people generally do not like ZvZ to be too one-shot based. The reason is that players don't like to travel to a fight, possibly sit in queue only to be then potentially wiped out within 2 seconds.
      • Now, the recent Disarray changes (making Disarray values relative based on the count difference between both sides) have, as a side-effect, significantly increased DPS output in ZvZs by up to 50%. By adjusting the AOE escalation capped, we have brought this increase down somewhat. All in all, time to kill in ZvZ currently is probably still faster than it was before the Disarray changes. This is partially off-set by more efficient healing.
      • Note that one of the core reason behind making Disarray relative was to make splitting up / hand-holding outside of your alliance less attractive overall.

What about the AOE escalation in non-disarray debuff combats ?

Royal zone doesn't have any debuff, especially talking about faction fights, yet the AOE escalation is effective and way too impactful. Video example of a previously "one shot galatine pair" player doing 900 damage to t4 flats players and other mid tier gear players, while being fully stacked with cleric robe bonus damages, royal hood bonus, royal sandals bonus, high tier food damage bonus and 3 stacks galatines.
      Such risky play should be more rewarded than by doing barely 1/4 HP dmg to decently gear players, and half HP to t4 flats no specs players.
      He obviously died, while not even doing a single kill in a very high risk clap. Where is the risk vs reward that Albion is known for ? Taking risk for 0 reward isn't what Albion Online is all about.

In such combats/ZvZs, that are happening a numerous of times daily, obviously less than the blackzone (and even then, It's probably really close), AOE escalation has been decreased significantly, while the fact of not having any debuff makes clapping, DPS and any outnumbered fight way too powerful.

I would love SBI to take a look at what's being done in the royal zone as well. There is way more content and fights happening that anyone would believe.

To me, blackzone and faction zvzs provides two different types of content. And so two different ZvZs Metas.
      Blackzone being way more hardcore, more "serious", I understand the need of making it last longer and making less one shot build viable.
      But Faction/Royal zone ZvZs shouldn't be that impacted by the AOE escalation nerfes. This is the place where a lot of blackzone players go to have some "fun", without any restrictions, without any cluster queue waiting before getting into a simple fight, without serious objectives, it's a place where, if a "clapper" want to clap, he can do it. At the moment, he can not. Period.

We're all aware you're going to rework the Faction system, soon or not. But again, these combat changes already have an impact that is very very very negative on the faction system.
      https://discord.com/invite/aofaction - Faction Fights ZvZs Daily !
      https://discord.gg/S4JqzWj - Crafting community, get advices, find a crafter, be a proud crafter !

The post was edited 1 time, last by Strafalex ().

• Why my gathering gear is nerved. i am main gatherer so now i cant use quarrier boots as i wish?
      i since the start of the game use greataxe and quarrier boots.

Now i get nerv because some rats?

rats rats who cares about rats? they can rat all day im fine with that. (but some people complain about others all day long not only ingame)

But i have a right to use my quarrier bootsas they are in on play what you like game.

What i have to do with corrupted dungeons. Why you mix up things. Why trash item that is fine. And btw all other gear is 700/ 700 and what is the better IP
      for gathering gear?

No Buff?

Only the loudest people are heared from SBI. So i start crying now too?
    • Korn wrote:

From previous Disarray iterations (there was a time where Disarray increased your damage taken as well, for example) and the resulting data and player feedback we concluded that people generally do not like ZvZ to be too one-shot based. The reason is that players don't like to travel to a fight, possibly sit in queue only to be then potentially wiped out within 2 seconds.
      this +++

1 shot anything is just terrible design, must be fixed. but if players are going to throw a fit about nerfs, just buff HP or resistance per IP if clothies have another 1 HP per IP they wont be 1 shot. so give the noobs the ability to yell "big numbers clap clap" and then fix the issue on the receiving end
    • Korn wrote:

Gnomead wrote:

Is this serious?

You think there is any difference if u die within 2 or 29 seconds if u have queued for long time??

Really?

It really doesn't matter after what time u get steamrolled as long as u get steamrolled

And damage escalation was the only option to prevent getting steamrolled if outnumbered..

Well you are the boss no discussion, but as often said, you are unfortunately wrong.