Testserver Patch Notes - Rise of Avalon Patch 9

    • Just look who is on the round table and that explains why the Devs are so clueless to what actual fixes are needed to fight power projection in zvz, or to make small-scale content better.

      Its no surprise considering SBI has been in bed with big alliance GMs for so long.

      But nothing will change as long as more people keep playing the game.

      Its such a shame too, because this game is so close to being great, but the tough changes that need to be made are not only being ignored, SBI keeps doing the opposite.

      The 20v20 crystals sound great. The new castle and outpost timers changes nothing, and changing aoe escalation makes power projection worse.

      Honestly don't know if I have patience for it anymore.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Georg51 wrote:

      Just look who is on the round table and that explains why the Devs are so clueless to what actual fixes are needed to fight power projection in zvz, or to make small-scale content better.
      Im honestly more concerned as to why the round table part of the forum is completely invisible to everyone else.
      Having a group of experienced players help curate balance isnt bad in any way, but having no clue what kind of ideas are getting shuffled around is no different to oligopolies in real life. Atleast people can revolt on the other forum sections incase something really stupid is offered, but as of now we have nothing.
      Normal players dont even know where the development is headed and what arguments are made to back up the direction, excluding some slim information pieces like the roadmap half of which ends up undone anyways and moved to the next major patch.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

      Im honestly more concerned as to why the round table part of the forum is completely invisible to everyone else.
      Because SBI doesn't want you to see that they are asking here how what is to be implemented in the game, what RT members things think about the upcoming changes etc..
      In the time when I was a member of RT, I was quite surprised by how much SBI asks what the game should look like, they asked about cluster queue, dissaray and other things, what values should have, etc.., if you remember the "emergency fix" in the specter jacket, it was practically at the request of RT, it seemed that they practically have no idea about their own game and have to ask RT members. And all this they don't want other players to know. What would you think of developers who ask about such things as if they had no idea about their own game .. Here, too, there is sometimes a "focused thread" where they ask for the opinions of players, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.
      However, there are only a handful of active people in RT, although the list of members is larger.
      However, these people you don't see much here, they actively give their opinions in RT, what it should look like, etc., but here you can hardly see their reactions on an ordinary forum (with a few exceptions).
      Why? Because they don't need to discuss here and wasted time,when they just need to push for changes in the game what they want in the RT forum, where they directly affect developers.
      Probably as someone has written in the past, SBI is a small company, they probably do not have their testers, who knows, but the RT forum is not optimal, just from the point of view of "ordinary players", I would compare RT to something like the CIA, etc.(something classified, hidden from the public, or as I would say ..), something about what the public doesn't have a very good opinion ..
      But AO it's still just a game, if we enjoy it, we play it, if we stop enjoy it, so easily we can stop playing it .. :)
    • Hattenhair wrote:

      Georg51 wrote:

      Just look who is on the round table and that explains why the Devs are so clueless to what actual fixes are needed to fight power projection in zvz, or to make small-scale content better.
      Im honestly more concerned as to why the round table part of the forum is completely invisible to everyone else.Having a group of experienced players help curate balance isnt bad in any way, but having no clue what kind of ideas are getting shuffled around is no different to oligopolies in real life. Atleast people can revolt on the other forum sections incase something really stupid is offered, but as of now we have nothing.
      Normal players dont even know where the development is headed and what arguments are made to back up the direction, excluding some slim information pieces like the roadmap half of which ends up undone anyways and moved to the next major patch.
      I don't know if this is reducing your concerns or even increasing

      My experience of RT is, your have access to more information and it brings you money but unless you are one big guild leader ..your influence and their listening bro you is rather limited.. at least that's my experience
    • prostok01 wrote:

      Lolpetijn wrote:

      So still no nerf to the grapple mobs in corrupteds... ok cool whatever only about 50% of my losses in corrupteds we're attributed to them so its fine who needs a 1v1 without getting pulled into a horrible position and losing half your health anyways.
      Why do you run into them?
      Bud half of them are undodgeable. like i would try to reset and i would die just because 1 was in that area either i get fucked by the mob or i waste 30 minutes moving past it and my enemy catches up
    • Lolpetijn wrote:

      Bud half of them are undodgeable. like i would try to reset and i would die just because 1 was in that area either i get fucked by the mob or i waste 30 minutes moving past it and my enemy catches up
      In most cases they have aggro range slightly less then width of the corridor. If not, you just tap any speed buff and dodge it easily. Go try it on test server.
    • @Retroman I have been playing this game from the beginning. What you are doing with Albion is sad. Within a year, you changed everything that was cool about this game. You've hidden everyone in Instances, Hideouts, Dungeons, Avalonian Paths. The open world is even Dead at times. You only see players on railroads or zerg or zerg Gankers. The rest are hidden everywhere. Lots of help for the brainless. You are destroying ZvZ now. Bravo. Do you have any idea what ZvZ looks like now? It is so that if you do not come to 5 blobs T5, no one will fight you. Now it's hard to fight for bigger numbers and you still want to nerf Aoe esc ???? I'm slowly getting tired of it all. You destroy what was beautiful in this game. Improve static dungeons, boss world. Stop helping the brainless. Albion has always been a game for trihards and don't change your assumptions at the beginning of this game. Heard you guys wanna do something with Royal? For what? Do you want to enlarge them even more? You're fed up with Dead Maps. Make people go to black zones because 80% of these maps are dead. We don't need any more maps etc. Etc. Regards, King of the Open World Sigos
    • I like when avalonian roads connect to heavily populated zones with hideouts like Arch zones - redtree etc. That´s really nice and provides lot of content, but rarely such nice roads appears.

      But if it´s like from 2 zones from a town to such zones - oh, that´s nice content.But again, that rarely appears. Would be nice if it was more frequent
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • @Retroman

      One of the reasons people are upset with ZvZ right now is because of the simple fact that there is no ZvZ content outside of CTAs. Large scale ZvZs used to be messy and chaotic back in the day as well, that isn't new.

      People are upset now, because CTAs are the ONLY ZvZ we have now.


      Back in the day, Albion used to be a true open world full-loot PvP game. You can hardly call it that now. Everyone is fame farming in HCE or small, random dungeons..

      Back in the day, if you wanted to fame farm you had to go to the open world boss zones in groups of 10-20.. the inside large static dungeons. It's good that you're bringing back the relevance of world boss zones again, but it's not enough.

      It's too easy to hide away in your little, isolated world now. People don't take part in the world anymore.

      You need to transition this game away from small-scale instanced PvE into large scale, large-instance PvE instead. Large open statics or large world boss zones... and HCEs need to go away.


      Put the player back in the world, so that conflicts may happen organically instead of only at specific timers where the entire server decides to handhold.




      It's a sandbox game. It's time to start treating it like one. Stop trying to make a WoW clone. If we wanted to play WoW we would go play WoW. We don't.

      Create a game world where conflict is easy to find and happens organically. Remove HCEs. Bring back open world boss locations and STATICS (without its random dungeons) as main fame farm locations.

      Remove the new random dungeons from the statics, and instead make new static dungeons that are much larger and can host more players in them (on the same floor, same instance).



      Ideally you want more zones like Circling Vultures, Blighted Bog and so on like they were back in the day. But you can also create new, large static dungeons that serve the same purpose.

      Give people more organically created ZvZs. Transition the game away from tiny instanced PvE rooms and put the player back in the world.


      It's really not that hard to be a dev and fix this. I don't really have any sympathy. Random dungeons and HCE is a super lazy band-aid fix. You can easily create large statics (without random dungeons in them) that can host multiple fame parties.. or create entire zones (without roads) dedicated to fame farm and monsters, large and small.. where multiple groups can fame farm.

      You don't need HCEs. You don't need random dungeons. You're lazy and rely on band-aid fixes that's that.

      You're taking the world away from Albion (a game that is supposed to be an open world full loot pvp sandbox) and then you're surprised people are upset about ZvZ when all the ZvZ they can get is related to scheduled CTAs?

      Come on bro.

      The post was edited 5 times, last by Phosphia ().

    • Gabumon wrote:

      "Back in the day the game X".
      This arguments will never help a game my friends. Don't use it. After all, things change and evolve and nostalgia is never useful for design.

      None of my arguments are based on nostalgia, but you would know that if you cared to read.

      It's a fact that putting players into the open world created more organic ZvZ content.

      It's a fact that this type of ZvZ is less influenced by handholding given its organic nature.

      It's a fact that HCE and random dungeons have lessened the incentive to be in the open world, or protect it through ZvZ if contested.

      It's a fact that people are overwhelmingly upset with having to deal with ZvZs conditioned strongly by handholding at every turn.

      "Back in the day" is a time reference, not an argument.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Phosphia ().

    • Lolpetijn wrote:

      prostok01 wrote:

      Lolpetijn wrote:

      So still no nerf to the grapple mobs in corrupteds... ok cool whatever only about 50% of my losses in corrupteds we're attributed to them so its fine who needs a 1v1 without getting pulled into a horrible position and losing half your health anyways.
      Why do you run into them?
      Bud half of them are undodgeable. like i would try to reset and i would die just because 1 was in that area either i get fucked by the mob or i waste 30 minutes moving past it and my enemy catches up
      They are there exactly to catch the "reseters" and rats.
    • I'm happy) Finally, the whining PVP 5 vs 1 fans who are always whining about the removal of HCE will be completely deprived of content. I hope now it will come to them how unpleasant it is when they take away content that interests you. Solo players have gone to the damned and solo dungeons. And groups that don't want to die join the zerg. It's really nice to watch this. Cut the AOE even harder so they don't even have a chance.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

      Lolpetijn wrote:

      prostok01 wrote:

      Lolpetijn wrote:

      So still no nerf to the grapple mobs in corrupteds... ok cool whatever only about 50% of my losses in corrupteds we're attributed to them so its fine who needs a 1v1 without getting pulled into a horrible position and losing half your health anyways.
      Why do you run into them?
      Bud half of them are undodgeable. like i would try to reset and i would die just because 1 was in that area either i get fucked by the mob or i waste 30 minutes moving past it and my enemy catches up
      They are there exactly to catch the "reseters" and rats.
      haha - no way

      I recommend you one thing - dress quarier boots, get 3 stacks and run though the hooker and dogs..these will not touch you - response of these mobs is way too late to grab a rat on speedbuf

      In theory this looks good but people simply are not like Excelsheet and theory crafting

      If devs would test it they realize these mobs even help the rats as it catches the normal move speed not rat speed..
    • Phosphia wrote:

      Gabumon wrote:

      "Back in the day the game X".
      This arguments will never help a game my friends. Don't use it. After all, things change and evolve and nostalgia is never useful for design.
      None of my arguments are based on nostalgia, but you would know that if you cared to read.

      It's a fact that putting players into the open world created more organic ZvZ content.

      It's a fact that this type of ZvZ is less influenced by handholding given its organic nature.

      It's a fact that HCE and random dungeons have lessened the incentive to be in the open world, or protect it through ZvZ if contested.

      It's a fact that people are overwhelmingly upset with having to deal with ZvZs conditioned strongly by handholding at every turn.

      "Back in the day" is a time reference, not an argument.
      Imagine thinking every answer to this thread is directed to you. Imagine
    • Dead content as of today:

      Gabumon wrote:

      Phosphia wrote:

      None of my arguments are based on nostalgia, but you would know that if you cared to read.
      It's a fact that putting players into the open world created more organic ZvZ content.

      It's a fact that this type of ZvZ is less influenced by handholding given its organic nature.

      It's a fact that HCE and random dungeons have lessened the incentive to be in the open world, or protect it through ZvZ if contested.

      It's a fact that people are overwhelmingly upset with having to deal with ZvZs conditioned strongly by handholding at every turn.

      "Back in the day" is a time reference, not an argument.
      Imagine thinking every answer to this thread is directed to you. Imagine
      Imagine you can give feedback on forums.
      Although all these forums are good for are getting ignored by staff and getting shat on by elitist scum who think their opinion is worth more than of other people by regurgitating second grade humour.

      Ugh, my bad, you got caught in the crossfire.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Gabumon wrote:

      Phosphia wrote:

      Gabumon wrote:

      "Back in the day the game X".
      This arguments will never help a game my friends. Don't use it. After all, things change and evolve and nostalgia is never useful for design.
      None of my arguments are based on nostalgia, but you would know that if you cared to read.
      It's a fact that putting players into the open world created more organic ZvZ content.

      It's a fact that this type of ZvZ is less influenced by handholding given its organic nature.

      It's a fact that HCE and random dungeons have lessened the incentive to be in the open world, or protect it through ZvZ if contested.

      It's a fact that people are overwhelmingly upset with having to deal with ZvZs conditioned strongly by handholding at every turn.

      "Back in the day" is a time reference, not an argument.
      Imagine thinking every answer to this thread is directed to you. Imagine
      You literally quoted me. I hope you're only pretending to be this stupid.
    • I do not understand that wish to absolutely destroy the bombing meta.
      I mean, yes, making bomb and clapping useless prevents newer player (that may lack experience, or players that have a poor/bad ZvZ positionning) to be killed early, and so will make fights longer.

      But clapping/bombing is the most enjoyable and exciting content for long time players. You're taking out the content that, quite a whole lot of players, are playing for.


      First of all, the current meta, as far as I can see and be a part of, is already heavily towards MDPS. It's a mdps specter jacket clown fiesta right now. And you're going to nerf Icicle, which is the most used anti-mdps meta weapon, while also removing the possibility to bomb/clap those mdps during a fight.
      ZvZs will either be :
      • 1 absolutely giant clump with every dps of the damn world onto that clump, making the fight too one-sided
      • Run over the over zerg with your hundred of MDPS on Specter jacket, while they lose no HP thanks to the new food. And burn people down, while having axes bleed stacks or bloodletters executing over and over again.


      Secondly, It seems like you're forgetting a, indeed, smaller but still relevant part of albion. Which is the royal zone ZvZs, including the Faction ZvZs.

      Faction ZvZs are happening daily, on mid to very large scale. There is no debuff (which, imo, is a great thing, these large scale ZvZs are different from the BlackZone one, for multiple reasons) but yet, the AOE Escalation is taken into account.
      So the meta is even more affected, bombing, clapping in the royal does legitimately at best a quarter of HPs of a giant clump. We went from galas; weeping, brimstones.... having a lot of fun in the royals, being able to oneshot, or almost one shot, to not being able to deal more than 25% of the ennemy zerg HP. Just watch the recent Faction event and you'll quickly notice that clapping does nothing already. And you're nerfing it more, and more, and more.

      Thirdly, SBI has been trying to find ways to generate silver sinks. Clapping = risky = most of the time, you die. Or you kill. -> Requires gear to regear those deaths.
      While after the patch, it will be a melee heavy meta, with melee pressure, the zerg will just fly away if they feel like they can't win. There won't be enough pure one shot damage to kill anyone, unless, again, you find giant clumps with every AOE damage of your zerg falling onto in.
      https://discord.com/invite/aofaction - Faction Fights ZvZs Daily !
      https://discord.gg/S4JqzWj - Crafting community, get advices, find a crafter, be a proud crafter !

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Strafalex ().