Changes for Guild Season 11

• Gabumon wrote:

Owen1 wrote:

I think a huge issue will be teams of 20 people having the same 20 people able to play week on week. Also people might make changes to their team throughout the season as X player can't play anymore etc.. you'll be in a situation where you have 20 people that want to play but some of them don't have a token to play with while others who have the token quit or cna't play. I think 20 people all synching tokens will be difficult... Since it's guild based you won't be able to pug for it either right? Or can you? I'm unsure if guild X can play with guild Y in 20v20 crystal league?
      You will be able to add patches since it will be played from the city. Bringinig mercenaries will be viable.
      i think what he wqs tryin to say was about tokens. In 5v5 crystals tokens from lvl4+ cant be traded you know. It would be impossible to find 20 people with same level token to merc. Its even very hard to find for 5v5s on higher levels. Think about it, just 1 person is busy that day, then its over. This is the main concern atm. Its impossible to make it work, if token mechanism is same with 5v5s. Maybe they can make it tradeble within guild or tokens can go to guild leader or smt like that i dont know. Even 1 unique token for party leader may work, dunno it may also cause problems. Making them tradeble is the best option i guess.

Btw can you guys fix the party leader thing in crystals its really frustrating, it always changes when u go in. And impossible to track prigress via website. You cannot use markers etc
    • I was really hyped for these changes. But the times are SO weird. 18 UTC is allready hard to make if you have a job. I have to skip diner sometimes to even be able to make it with winter time.

Now you decide to move outposts/castles to 17 UTC, which is basicly the only zvz objective possible for smaller guilds/alliances. Sometimes i'm not even home before that time during winter time.
      What made you decide this?

Please consider holding on to 18 UTC.
      Looking for a guild with experienced players that choose quality > quantity? Apply here!
    • Retroman wrote:

Token LevelSeason Points per playerTotal per Team
      Level 15100
      Level 225500
      Level 3751500
      Level 42505000
      Level 575015000
      Level 62,50050000

Crystal League Daily Season Point Limit

Daily Limits in Detail:

Matches availableSeason Point Limit PER TIER (20V20)Season Point Limit COMBINED TOTAL OF ALL TIERS (20v20)
      up to (BUT NOT INCLUDING) level 2500500 (= 5x wins at level 1)
      up to (BUT NOT INCLUDING) level 35001000 (= 2x wins at level 2)
      up to (BUT NOT INCLUDING) level 42,0003,000 (= 2x wins at level 3)
      up to (BUT NOT INCLUDING) level 57,00010,000 (= 2x wins at level 4)
      up to (BUT NOT INCLUDING) level 622,00032,000 (= 2x wins at level 5 + 2000 within cap for lower tier teams)
      up to (BUT NOT INCLUDING) level 772,000104,000 (= 2x wins at level 6 + 4000 within cap for lower tier teams)
      up to level 8--
      up to level 9--

At first I was confused by the point caps that are shown for 20v20's in the table from the original post. After playing with the numbers a bit I found that by reading the Matches Available column as "up to but not including level x" and by adding the season point limit of each tier to the ones below you ended up with a much more logical progression of point caps.

I have tried to demonstrate the numbers in the tables above but if it is not clear enough I would be happy to explain further within the comments.

Essentially each tier cap allows for 2 team wins at the highest tier game available that day, or a combination of 1 win at highest tier and several wins at lower tiers. The top 2 tiers (which would typically only be accessible by larger guilds who are likely to have many teams competing) allow for 2 wins at the highest tier and several wins at the lower tiers.

@Retroman can you confirm whether this is the correct way to read the tables?

Bron

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bronicus ().

• @Retroman

I just wished lvl1 20v20 was everyday... Some players won't be able to play on the weekends and we will all play scrims during the weekdays anyway.

If the only reason not to make it everyday is that it requires 20 players or it overlaps with regular calendar, then I see no reason not to. It's lvl1, so largest guilds will simply prioritize other content over this and small guilds will have fun.
    • Dhivine wrote:

I was really hyped for these changes. But the times are SO weird. 18 UTC is allready hard to make if you have a job. I have to skip diner sometimes to even be able to make it with winter time.

Now you decide to move outposts/castles to 17 UTC, which is basicly the only zvz objective possible for smaller guilds/alliances. Sometimes i'm not even home before that time during winter time.

Yes, lets design the game around your schedule. fuck all of SEA players out of content cos you have to work.
    • addidas wrote:

Dhivine wrote:

I was really hyped for these changes. But the times are SO weird. 18 UTC is allready hard to make if you have a job. I have to skip diner sometimes to even be able to make it with winter time.

Yes, lets design the game around your schedule. fuck all of SEA players out of content cos you have to work.
      How would 17 or 18 UTC make a difference for SEA players? Isn't 9 UTC / 13 UTC for SEA players?

I also took myself as example, but the example goes for the average working EU players.
      Looking for a guild with experienced players that choose quality > quantity? Apply here!
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

Dhivine wrote:

Isn't 9 UTC / 13 UTC for SEA players?
      Might I ask what's at 9UTC?

New outpost/castle timers

Castles and Castle Outposts
      And last but not least, we will also adjust Castle and Castle Outpost reward schedules. To improve the meta game around fight size and frequency, we will make all Castles and Castle Outposts become active at the same time, independent of the cluster prime time. With this change we want to have more fights simultaneously, putting more pressure on big power blocks to split their forces if they want to get more than one objective per cycle.
      To have enough fights over the course of the day, Castles will now score every 8 hours and Castle Outposts every 4 hours. With the change to the Castle Outposts, we are encouraging more spontaneous mid-size fights, while keeping the weekly treasure chest for the big castles as an objective for large-scale fights.
      • Castles
        • Season Points score now every day at: 1 UTC, 9 UTC, 17 UTC
        • Daily Season Point value per Castle has been multiplied by 1.5
          Example: An inner ring castle will score 360 season points every 8 hours. This means 1,080 Points per day
        • The Chest spawns every Saturday at 17 UTC (spawns once a week to keep its old loot value)
      • Castle Outposts
        • Season Points score now every day at: 1 UTC, 5 UTC, 9 UTC, 13 UTC, 17 UTC, 21 UTC
        • Daily Season Point value per Castle Outpost has been multiplied by 2
          Example: An inner ring castle outpost will score 60 season points every 4 hours. This means 360 Points per day
        • The chest also spawns in the same 4 hour interval, but the rewards are scaled down to match the high frequency

• Hey, i just wanted to give you an update about some of the adjustments we have made after the community feedback we received:

Castle Season Points
      They score Season points 4 times a day:
      • Daily at 0 UTC
      • Daily at 6 UTC
      • Daily at 12 UTC
      • Daily at 18 UTC
      Season Points are also adjusted to give the same total value daily. So every 6 hours a inner ring castle generates 270 Season Points

Castle Chest
      The Castle Loot chest spawns 3 times a week (with this change we reduce the value of each chest by 1/3)
      It would then spawn every week at the following times:
      • Saturday at 12 UTC
      • Saturday at 18 UTC
      • Sunday at 0 UTC

The proposed timers for the Castle Outposts stay unchanged. They will score every 4 hours.

Increased Distance between Castles
      With Season 11 we will make some changes to World Map to create more distance between castles and objectives in the deep outlands.
      • We will remove some tunnels and various cluster connections in the black zone,
      • Every Castles will have be at least 4 clusters away from the next neighboring castles
      • Especially the connections in the inner ring have been reduced, to make it impossible to contest multiple castles with one force
      This change will put more pressure on massive power blocks to split forces if they want to contest more than one objective.

20v20 Crystal League Tokens
      The tokens up to level 4 are now tradeable and can be sold on the marketplace, to make it easier to get backup players into a team

What we are still reviewing
      • Crystal League time slots for 5v5 and 20v20, this depends a lot on the survey results
      • We will also have another review of the Daily Limit for Crystal League Season Points

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Outter ring castles now only give 80 season points per tick?.. Yet a world boss gives that but every 30 minutes? So what's the point in massing 100 people for a castle that you can get points equal to a world boss that takes 10 people to do?

I think the new values for castles per "tick" will kill off castles now, seems pointless to even go for them.

Also the loot being reduced from an already shit loot table is a meme to me.
      Tired of LAGGING in-game? Try ExitLag;
      Use my link & code 'ROBIN' for 20% off any plan!
      exitl.ag/robin
      youtube.com/c/robinhoodrs
    • ah, i forgot one more change in the post

World Bosses
      We also toned down the Season Points gained from World Bosses a bit. The first proposal would generate a bit too much, when camping the boss spawn.
      • T8 World Boss spawns every 30 minutes and rewards 20 Season Points -> 15 Season Points
      • T7 World Boss spawns every 30 minutes and rewards 15 Season Points -> 12 Season Points

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Outter ring castles now only give 80 season points per tick?.. Yet a world boss gives that but every 30 minutes? So what's the point in massing 100 people for a castle that you can get points equal to a world boss that takes 10 people to do?

I think the new values for castles per "tick" will kill off castles now, seems pointless to even go for them.

Also the loot being reduced from an already shit loot table is a meme to me.
      The value of a castle is dependent on the time it is hold. The more time slots we offer the less value we can provide per time stot. So we are looking for a balance between having enough time slots to be as inclusive as possible for our global player base. While still trying to consolidate time slots as much as possible to keep per Season Poiint tick / chest as high as possible.

But even with the 6 hours cycle, a castle will generate slightly more points each cycle, than a territory over the whole day.
      So if a territory generates 240 points a castle will generate 270 points.

So the daily Season Point value, will increase by 1.5 in Season 11. 1,080 points a day for an inner circle castle.
      And the weekly loot value of a castle stays unchanged form the value it had in Season 10. But instead of getting paid out in 2 chests, it is now getting paid out in 3 chests.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Hello hello

Regarding 20v20 timer slots, while I understand that daily timers like 5v5 is way too often, why limit it to only once per week? It truly seems like complete opposites.

Add Tuesdays and Thursdays for level 1-3(4?) and keep the higher stake levels for the week end. 3 times a week gives more opportunity for teams/guilds to get into the 20v20 content. The once per week is so underwhelming!