Changes for Guild Season 11

    • ReveVersant wrote:

      @Retroman good to hear your response. that makes a lot of sense. I would still love to see the double timers for 20v20 as I am an Australian / SEA player and 16utc is 2-4am for me usually, however I also understand us aussies are not the majority when it comes to SEA players. If you did double timers though you could reduce points slightly per person for the 20v20 and make them more rewarding than 5v5, but still in line. this would also allow guilds to field 2 lvl 3 teams in their timer and hit cap. rather than exceed it.
      I would rather see point caps raised instead of lowering payouts, add 25% more points needed to make silver / gold / crystal
    • @Retroman will these crystal tokens be tradable?

      my thoughts are mostly, come LvL 5-6 people are ill or have to work you will lose teams with 20 people it can be hard to get the same people every time with no substitutes, and if there are only weekly matches that is already a small pool of teams,


      500 teams win Level 2
      250 lvl 3
      125 lvl 4
      63 lvl 5
      32 lvl 6

      this assumes no one salvages crystal for money, or simply doesnt want to field higher tier because they dont want to full loot top tier IP


      which brings me to rewards, will there be books and silver for winners like cgvg?



      AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY

      raise the IP

      LvL 2 should be 1100 at least.
      then lvl 3 1200

      if you dont want to do that, then PLEASE let us buy Level 3 tokens

      The post was edited 1 time, last by blappo ().

    • "Side note:
      We will also have another survey about the Crystal League time slots, which will be sent out specifically to players who have participated in Crystal League battles. Depending on the result, we may adjust Crystal League match times for Season 11 too."

      So the people asking for a 5:00 UTC crystal fight timer (there are 5:00 UTC zone battle timers) who can't currently compete in the Crystal's because they are at work, will not be asked what time they would like to have a new Crystal time added because they are not on a list of people who have fought in a crystal because there are no crystal times for them to fight in currently. Seems like there is a flaw in the logic of asking only the people who have fought in current crystal's what would be a new timer to add.
      OneOfUsIsInvis: a NA PST Guild is recruiting: discord.gg/UCpTbfX
      OneOfUsIsInvis.com
    • Korn wrote:

      Hey there and thanks for all the feedback.

      We'll look into the timers once more. Any suggestions welcome!
      The main timers for the NA player-base is currently 21/0/3/5 UTC with 5 being almost too late for most while 21 is sometimes too early. 0 being the central NA timer in which most can attend.

      We need timers centered around the current NA player-base for both Castles, Outposts, Loot, and Crystals.

      The currently proposed timers are centered on giving EU players a heavy advantage; even if this is not the intended effect.

      I do not live in the SEA region but I'm sure they need atleast one proper timer as well.

      @Retroman @Korn Timer Feedback above.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by ProfessorZee ().

    • This is just killing your growing market right off the bat. Asia/oce timers were happy that you guys added 12 and 15 utc timers for castles. People barely have content for 18 utc which is 1-3 am for most asia/oce players. If you remove the 12 and 15 utc, you are just making us wait for 7-8 hours just to experience zvz content after our irl responsibilities/work.
    • But did anyone notice the elephant in the room?

      Retroman wrote:

      Skip Overcrowded Clusters
      The Cluster Queue was originally designed to deal with the edge case where players were blocking a cluster completely. However, in the recent updates, Cluster Queue fights have become more and more frequent than we intended them to be. With these battles, a lot of players will have to wait in the queue and potentially never even get to participate in the fight, and end up idling as a back-up force.

      That is why we are developing a new feature which allows players to skip through an overcrowded cluster. This allows the players who are queueing at one side, to directly attack the enemy reinforcements on the other side, which could lead to multiple fights at once (i.e. the battle in the main cluster and fights outside the overcrowded clusters).

      However, this feature is still in a very early stage, so we can't go into too many details yet.

      The basic plan would be:


      You can skip through a cluster, while still staying in the queue for it. You would just change the exit you are queueing from.

      You will get a shield bubble on skip-through, similar to a regular cluster change. You will also get a cooldown before you can skip through again.

      We may also have to increase the area you can stand in for the queue, to allow the backup forces to spread out a bit more in the cluster.

      Finally, there will be an option to skip through multiple overcrowded clusters in a row, so you cannot keep your backline safe by overcrowding two clusters.
      Keep in mind some of the details will have to be fleshed out during development. But I think this is a good overview of another big change planned for Season 11.

      Literally the only thing that will matter in this game is having enough numbers to raze 2 or 3 clusters at once and nothing more, whoever does not have this capacity will literally be wiped out from the maps, which in the objective cluster, or in all other surrounding clusters.
      As if the problems regarding large numbers were not big, we are going to make them even bigger. GOOD.
      I believe that now you have solved the cluster queue problem.



      Bosses should be from an hour and a half apart or in a two hours apart.
      I would like to know what you are planning to balance these maps, as they are currently obsolete in the game meta and are easy to be the target of Dungeon Dive even with Scouts.


      CGvGs points up to level 4 should be the same as the ones we currently have
    • Hey everyone,

      after all your feedback and reviewing the expected player numbers we will change the 20v20 Crystal League Timers:
      We will have three time slots per day for all matches up to level 5, similiar to 5v5 Crystal League. Since these matches only happen on the weekends we think we can probably get enough teams in.


      Token LevelMatch FrequencyTime SlotsSilver Cost to buySeason PointsItem Power ThresholdLethality
      Level 1every Saturday and Sunday1 UTC, 14 UTC,
      20 UTC
      150,0005900 (hard-capped)Non-Lethal
      Level 2every Saturday and Sunday1 UTC, 14 UTC,
      20 UTC
      300,00025900Full Loot
      Level 3every Saturday1 UTC, 14 UTC,
      20 UTC
      751,100Full Loot
      Level 4Saturday, every 2 weeks1 UTC, 14 UTC,
      20 UTC
      2501,300Full Loot
      Level 5Saturday, once a month17:00 UTC7501,500Full Loot
      Level 6Last Saturday of the Season17:30 UTC2,5001,700Full Loot



      We will also review the season point limits and scores after this change. We hope to make it more accessible for all players if we go with these 3 time slots. Since we are also waiting for the survey on the 5v5 Crystal League timers, we might shift the time zones a little bit. But I wanted to you already for now, that we are changing to 3 time slots per day.

      Cheers,
      Retro
    • KingJokerz wrote:

      Retroman wrote:

      With the introduction of the 20v20 Crystal League we will also remove the 20v20 city fights. The reason for this change is, we were not happy with the dynamic around city fights and city ownership. Typically one guild, the one with the strongest 20v20 team, would control all cities for a massive passive silver income. This was a very elitist feature where the only entry point was via challenging the current champion. With the new 20v20 Crystal League, we will now be able to keep the exciting high stakes 20v20 matches and link rewards only to matches won, while also allowing for a much more open entry-level experience.
      You can't stay this with a straight face while not using this same argument for big scale ZvZs for territory ownership.
      So when can we expect you to come out with the return of 5v5 territory ownership? It's EXTREMELY bias of you to do this for city ownership and not for territory ownership. 5v5 is WAY less elitist than top tier ZvZ fights. It's growing incredibly old of you guys showing bias in favor of BA, can we get an ETA on when you guys will stop doing this?

      It would be MUCH appreciated, thanks!
      Curious how it's bias, because last time I check when 5v5 territory ownership was a thing, it was may have been more elitist than "top tier" ZVZ fights, I remember high ranking guilds (even to this day) were (still) buying 5v5 groups from other guilds to get points and also territory, which leads into not letting their own teams treated to be serious contender for their own guilds. Also how is ZvZ bias? is it because people are hand holding? Hand holding has been a thing since guilds got serious about this game, it'll never be avoided if you and your guild want to be something in this game.
      If the IP is problem then fame farm, or buy tomes to spec up, train, learn from the loss each time, do better, be political even if you don't want to.

      How are they in favor of BA?

      Is it because they have a strong zvz force? Cuz pretty sure BA is not the only one that has a strong force, they're slowly getting over taken by other guilds, they weren't dominant as a couple season before. They're growing "old" and stagnant.
    • Retroman wrote:

      Hey everyone,

      after all your feedback and reviewing the expected player numbers we will change the 20v20 Crystal League Timers:
      We will have three time slots per day for all matches up to level 5, similiar to 5v5 Crystal League. Since these matches only happen on the weekends we think we can probably get enough teams in.


      Token LevelMatch FrequencyTime SlotsSilver Cost to buySeason PointsItem Power ThresholdLethality
      Level 1every Saturday and Sunday1 UTC, 14 UTC,20 UTC
      150,0005900 (hard-capped)Non-Lethal
      Level 2every Saturday and Sunday1 UTC, 14 UTC,20 UTC
      300,00025900Full Loot
      Level 3every Saturday1 UTC, 14 UTC,20 UTC
      751,100Full Loot
      Level 4Saturday, every 2 weeks1 UTC, 14 UTC,20 UTC
      2501,300Full Loot
      Level 5Saturday, once a month17:00 UTC7501,500Full Loot
      Level 6Last Saturday of the Season17:30 UTC2,5001,700Full Loot


      We will also review the season point limits and scores after this change. We hope to make it more accessible for all players if we go with these 3 time slots. Since we are also waiting for the survey on the 5v5 Crystal League timers, we might shift the time zones a little bit. But I wanted to you already for now, that we are changing to 3 time slots per day.

      Cheers,
      Retro
      @Retroman what about loot timers on big castles? NA players will have to try rat loot? Because they are far from their prime time and masses will be a joke or not even exist.
    • Maldius wrote:

      @Retroman what about loot timers on big castles? NA players will have to try rat loot? Because they are far from their prime time and masses will be a joke or not even exist.
      We will also check the castle loot chest timer again. However if we synchronize all castles to one single time slot globally, we need to pick something in this range because that is the best compromise for a global player base. We will also consider having 2 timers for the chest globally. Similiarly how we had it before Queen.

      The main goal of this change is to put more pressure on the big forces to split up. While also of course trying to have time zones that are as inclusive as possible for our global player base. So, it might be that we end up with two time slots as the best sweet spot for these goals.

      Cheers,
      Retro
    • Retroman wrote:

      Maldius wrote:

      @Retroman what about loot timers on big castles? NA players will have to try rat loot? Because they are far from their prime time and masses will be a joke or not even exist.
      We will also check the castle loot chest timer again. However if we synchronize all castles to one single time slot globally, we need to pick something in this range because that is the best compromise for a global player base. We will also consider having 2 timers for the chest globally. Similiarly how we had it before Queen.
      The main goal of this change is to put more pressure on the big forces to split up. While also of course trying to have time zones that are as inclusive as possible for our global player base. So, it might be that we end up with two time slots as the best sweet spot for these goals.

      Cheers,
      Retro
      why not just have multiple spawns with different rarity levels to avoid people camping "the best"
    • I will once again restate what I have said earlier in this post. With the ability to skip multiple cluster queued zones Logistics in the Outlands, and by extension power projection will become extremely easy with n+1.

      Confused? read my post on page 1 I forgot to quote it here.
    • Cessari wrote:

      I will once again restate what I have said earlier in this post. With the ability to skip multiple cluster queued zones Logistics in the Outlands, and by extension power projection will become extremely easy with n+1.

      Confused? read my post on page 1 I forgot to quote it here.
      No alliance in the game can queue more than 2-3 zones, what you are talking about is possible theory but not practical
      IGN: DungeonRealms
      Founded Elevate
      Won Season 9
      #1 Locus Kill Fame
      Held 6 cities till SBI deleted them :/
    • An observation on the 5v5 cGVG caps @Retroman

      Disclaimer
      The guild I am in (Nullify) will not be overly affected by these changes as we have two 4/5 ish level teams and a couple of 2/3 teams so I can be impartial on this I hope.

      I think the caps as they currently stand are too restrictive,especially at the level 5 and above thresholds. I will do a breakdown of my opinion of each level cap.

      For the reasons stated below I think having the cap at 2.5x the full reward for a guild team at the highest available level is a better starting point. This should still heavily restrict the ability of a guild to 'buy' the season through GvG mercs as this was the original stated reason for this change.

      As it stands there is no point having more than 1 team in a guild that can reliably win a level 5 and runs more than 1 timer. It's even worse having more teams if you have 1 team that can reliably win the higher levels 6+.

      The below is based on the idea that teams are full guild teams.

      Level 3 max day cap (500) is very generous you can have 6 max reward wins on full guild teams and still be 50 points under the cap

      Level 4 day (500) is a little tighter as a max reward level 4 win with full guild team is 200. Quite a few guilds can expect to have two level 4 capable teams and you can overcap with two teams on one timer if level 3 wins contribute to the cap.

      Level 5 day (1000) has the cap at 2 max level 5 victories. Easily achievable by one good team running two timers. Factor in that 50% of these days level 4's are available too and even one good multiple timer team can have whole matches not contributing any season points.

      Level 6 max day (2000) also has the cap at two max reward level 6 wins. Factor in that this is Saturday only so there is ALWAYS level 5's and level 4's too 50% of the time and the level 5 overcap issue is getting progressively worse. One good full guild team running 1 timer (rare on a Saturday most will run two) can make 1700 points on a 4/5/6 day. Not much wriggle room for another half decent team to contribute to the guild.

      Level 7 max day (5000) this is where it gets worse. The cap is less than two max reward level 7 wins for a full guild team (6000) and when you factor in that this is ALWAYS on a Saturday (most teams will do more timers on a weekend) and ALWAYS have 5's and 6's on the same day then it makes no sense to have two teams in the same guild that can reach this level.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by crokey ().

    • @Retroman I only have words of respect for you, thank you once again for not leaving everything just like that and giving a quick turn and immediate response to the community.

      The idea of going back to 3 time zones is great in all points of view the only thing I would like to make super clear is that if you pass the Crystal League towards 03 UTC and the time zones NA from 00/03/05 to 02 UTC its a massive quality of life change as the opposite is more complicated to organize with just the right time for a ZvZ. clap
    • Retroman wrote:

      Maldius wrote:

      @Retroman what about loot timers on big castles? NA players will have to try rat loot? Because they are far from their prime time and masses will be a joke or not even exist.
      We will also check the castle loot chest timer again. However if we synchronize all castles to one single time slot globally, we need to pick something in this range because that is the best compromise for a global player base. We will also consider having 2 timers for the chest globally. Similiarly how we had it before Queen.
      The main goal of this change is to put more pressure on the big forces to split up. While also of course trying to have time zones that are as inclusive as possible for our global player base. So, it might be that we end up with two time slots as the best sweet spot for these goals.

      Cheers,
      Retro
      I can understand the idea but if the timer is so bad that NA guilds dont even have a good mass, they are not receiving any pressure at all, they will just lose their castle loot and outpost in their zones for free. Removing an entire playerbase from the equation is not the way to "put more pressure on big forces",
    • Korn wrote:

      Hey there and thanks for all the feedback.

      We'll look into the timers once more. Any suggestions welcome!

      Retroman wrote:

      Hey everyone,

      after all your feedback and reviewing the expected player numbers we will change the 20v20 Crystal League Timers:
      We will have three time slots per day for all matches up to level 5, similiar to 5v5 Crystal League. Since these matches only happen on the weekends we think we can probably get enough teams in.


      Token LevelMatch FrequencyTime SlotsSilver Cost to buySeason PointsItem Power ThresholdLethality
      Level 1every Saturday and Sunday1 UTC, 14 UTC,20 UTC
      150,0005900 (hard-capped)Non-Lethal
      Level 2every Saturday and Sunday1 UTC, 14 UTC,20 UTC
      300,00025900Full Loot
      Level 3every Saturday1 UTC, 14 UTC,20 UTC
      751,100Full Loot
      Level 4Saturday, every 2 weeks1 UTC, 14 UTC,20 UTC
      2501,300Full Loot
      Level 5Saturday, once a month17:00 UTC7501,500Full Loot
      Level 6Last Saturday of the Season17:30 UTC2,5001,700Full Loot


      We will also review the season point limits and scores after this change. We hope to make it more accessible for all players if we go with these 3 time slots. Since we are also waiting for the survey on the 5v5 Crystal League timers, we might shift the time zones a little bit. But I wanted to you already for now, that we are changing to 3 time slots per day.

      Cheers,
      Retro
      OK so i have a Bone to pick with you guys about these 20 vs 20 and 5 vs 5s..


      I have been with this game since beta 1 and a little bit alpha 1. And i have never seen any major fights being added for time slots after 1 UTC to 8 UTC. Why is this? You say that you dont see a big group of players on line but over crowded cities, zvzs and fame farm groups show other wise.

      The start of last season i tried to make a team but not everyone can show up at 1 utc, but we could all be there around 2:30 or 3, so for us we cant even get a lvl 1 or lvl 2 crystal token for crystal gvgs because we cant make lvl 1 or lvl 2 timers. If you introduce into your system where you can still que and gets fights and get rewards thats fine. But if you have teams that que and get no matches they get the same token and less rewards...

      Can you please provide us with more logistics for your time zones and players online. Not just your say so. Because alot of Later NA players arent being heard.
      @Retroman