Feedback on Corrupted Dungeons - Brimstone & Mist

• Feedback on Corrupted Dungeons - Brimstone & Mist

Hi everyone,

Following our Brimstone & Mist Update, we would like to gather your feedback on the new boss, enemies and traps in Corrupted Dungeons! How do you feel about the balancing, rewards and PvP/PvE gameplay within this feature?

This focus thread was set up to collate feedback on the above feature in one place, so that our devs can refer to it more easily. If you have already posted elsewhere, feel free to pen down your thoughts with or without additions and/or link your previous post.

- Mytherceria & Community Team

Mytherceria#3744
    • My opinions is so, bosses and mobs are OK, with traps, it fine from one side, it helps sometimes against kite/rat setups, but it don't help against TOP Kite setups how Frost and Hollow holy, this both Jumps(Holy with E), Blinks(Frost with W) OVER the Traps, and catch them is now even more difficult. So, i thought this patch must little bit nerf top builds, frosts and holys about 70% in Top of Rating.... but it helps them...)

Ohh, nope, forget, new End boss have a little Bug? when it uses his "Charge?" at the corner of circle - it is goes out of agro range(also when u stay after charge in center of circle), and regenerate full HP.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rzebospol ().

• Let´s be real there - the rewards are ... too good.

Solo content shouldn´t be as rewarding as group content.
      Safe content(HCE, dungeons with a scout and hideout when they A out) shouldn´t be as rewarding as risky content.

Corrupted dungeons devaluate rest of the content. Why bother gathering, ganking, fame farming, going open world when you can casually go to corrupted dungeon right from a city ( even while invisible with bz shrine), and you can easily get about 5 milion fame credits and about 3 mil silver +- with barely any risk at all. It´s just too good, and that´s a problem. Either buff everything else ( group content, or 2 v 2 and 5 v 5 hellgates), or nerf CD.

Other thing is gathering gear in corrupted dungeons. Now i am fine with anyone who wants to play the game the way they want, but gathering shoes have nothing to do in corrupted. Especially quarrier boots, as their chase and fight potential is simply far too much, and it´s no suprise they became a meta. I say to simply ban gathering shoes from CD.

Funnily, new mobs and traps make it harder for less mobile builds, as mobile builds can simply evade traps with abilities which only serve to their advantage.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• Hey!
      In my opinion maybe is a better way to introduce new players in PvP content and else, but i think its too much "good"? I don´t now surely, but it need a change to equilibrate more all the activities based on how risky they are.
      Keeping this away all the new improvements are ok!!
      ¡ParguelasSinFronteras re recluta!

Si hablas español y buscas gremio esta es tu oportunidad, solo necesitas tener discord y ganas de pasarlo bien.¡¡ÚNETE!!

https://discord.gg/3TbjsGr

The post was edited 1 time, last by Adrimegaguay ().

• A lot of improvements but still with a lot of problems:

Biggest improvements, imo:
      • More content wich make CDs PVE less boring.
      • Less presence of traps that instead of making you instant die due to your lack of attention. More trap variety is good.
      • Some builds that were complicated to deal with are less effective right now.
      Biggest problems, imo:
      • Rats are still very, very viable, due to the ease of skipping mobs and flying from crystal to crystal. Even with the higher crystal life is still very easy for some builds to destroy it.
        Suggestions: Make the player need to click to "cast" the crystal destruction. The longer the player cast it, less life the crystal have.
      • It is very frustrating to be forced to finish the entire dungeon after you are kicked from the other dungeon.
        Suggestions: Let the player to kill the boss and exit the dungeon after the player is kicked from the dungeon.
      • Matchmaking is still very weird. It sometime seems only a random matchmaking. Not sure if that was intended.
        Suggestions: Better matchmaking algorithm?
      • I still think that would be better if traps were less impactful on the fight result. I don't know what was the real intention behind traps, but for sure It's discouraging ratting, or resetting the fight. It's only making players to die randomly.
      • It's very clear that the IP difference between players on Slayer is not determinant but very impactful on the result of fights. You can easily check that on fight result stats. Would be nice to change a bit that scenario.
      • There are still a lot of builds that are almost unkillable (because the builds that could kill that build are not good enough for the currrent Corrupted Dungeon meta) and some builds that are basically impossible to be used on CDs.
        Suggestions: More combat balancing still need to be done. The stats are there.
      To summerize, the CD content is right now in a very good state, but it can be improved a lot still.

If I remember anything else I will add here later.

Thanks for the attention.
      Creator of AlbionStats.com
      Discord: Mux#5749

The post was edited 5 times, last by muxgg ().

• I think the content is definitely one of the best done to date on Albion Online.

It's fair, it's varied, it's relative depending on what you build against in PvP, many builds are viable some stronger than others but that's common in any game especially in a MMORPG.

The traps generate relativity and variety, the mobs make PvE attractive and fun, the only thing I would add as others have commented is the possibility to advance a little faster in PvE (with less fame reward of course) to look for the next invasion in case you are strictly interested in PvP.
    • Gear balance in 1v1 is completely abyssmal.
      Many items that are considered a direct counter to a certain ability in a 5v5 environment turn out completely useless or borderline unusable in a CD scenario.

Alot of players have been discontent with how powerful Knight armour and Quarrier boots are in a 1v1 environment lately, yet almost all of the complaints are to neft the aformentioned items.
      The appropriate counters for the items above are obviously: Knight helmet and Fiend cowl.
      The problem with the items above is that they dont provide value in every fight unlike more favourite picks for a helmet slot like Hunter hood or Cultist cowl.
      (I.e: Fiend cowl doesnt provide any benefit against an opponent who doesnt utilise buffs).

Most of the gear that is supposed to provide defensive utility can only operate in a specific environment against a specifically geared opponent.
      You should be buffing counters to the overpowered items, not nerfing the overpowered items.
      A quick overlook of how I think it should be working:

Hattenhair wrote:

IMO ideally every defensive ability needs to do either a single thing that is uniform and can be used by everyone (Healing is a good example), or it needs to do 2 or 3 less uniform things (In a perfect world Fiend cowl would also have skill interruption in bonus to the purge).And every attacking ability needs atleast 2-3 ways to be countered, which is usually true for most weapons as of today:
      • 1h Curse E is countered by DoT cleanse, regular cleanse, interrupt and I-Frames. (Close to an ideal example)
      • Claymore E is countered by I-Frames and purge. (One extra way to counter it would be nice)
      • Xbow E is countered only by I-Frames (This is the worst weapon in terms of counterability in the game as of now)
      If the game was to do gear balance by this model it would certainly allow for many mindgames in 1v1 combat, skill baiting and learning of more intricate game mechanics such as stand-time cancelling would become commonplace. And that would be a good thing.

On a second note:
      Casters are slowly becoming obsolete due to the amount of utility you are pumping into melee classes.
      It is now much harder to keep your distance from a melee opponent due to how much mobility they have, and the amount of utility the caster classes have are lackluster at best (Especially firemage).

TL;DR
      Defensive items should be more versatile in their utility (Especially the ones that only have one utility as Fiend cowl)
      Caster classes need more utility.
    • N0Surprises wrote:

the loot is to overpower for the risk :D. U run ratting build and u make big money comparared to the same time u would waste in gathering or any something else. Big loot for the people who fight or buff other content idk
      Yep, and that´s a problem, for it heavily devaluates rest of the content in the game.

Just look at few factors that makes CD so damn GOOD in comparison to others.

When it comes to something being WORTH doing, i consider many factors.
      1) Time spend travelling.
      That´s a big one. It´s no fun running 10- 15 minutes somewhere. Especially with a group. There might also be a risk of being ganked there for those who are clueless about behaviour in RZ/BZ. Even without risk, travelling is a pain and zero fun. CD ? No need to travel at all - that´s a big +.
      Also no need to travel back , wasting again 10- 15 mins.

2) Risk factor.
      How risky it is, and what gear is required.
      With high spec, or max spec, i imagine even t7 would be enough. Few dungeons and you already got the cost of your gear covered if you just do pve. That´s no risk at all pretty much.
      Other thing when it comes to risk is how difficult it is to escape.Well, you just run away from 1 person. If you are used to solo gank or fight big groups, running away tend to be extremely simple - even without toxic items like quarrier shoes, knight armor and such.
      CD is very low risk when it comes to gear, and very low risk when it comes to dying. You can´t be dived by a zerg, so no biggie.

3) Fame / Loot.
      With ava buff ( 10% ), 8.1 satchel, around 1.5 mil infame, i was hitting around 5 milion fame credits per hour in good layout, and about 3 milion silver on average ( never bothered to properly calculate silver though).
      That´s huge.

4) Solo or group content.
      Solo is easy to do. Group is a pain. Solo, you don´t need to deal with anything, no need to wait for anyone, you can just go and do whatever you want.

5+) How much effort is needed to play.
      In CD, it takes zero effort to run through mobs, thus i can just listen to audiobooks and that´s it.

So if we give some numerical values from 1 to 10, while 10 is best, so let´s see.

Corrupted dungeons:
      1) Time spend travelling - 10 points. Right outside of BZ/RZ.
      2) Risk factor - If someone is skilled, i would say 8 - 9. Really good. Even if someone is bad and dies, the gear doesnt cost much with high spec, thus very worth it.
      3) Fame / loot - 10 points. Amazing.
      4) solo content - great.
      5). Effort : 9. Pretty ez with good build.

Group dungeons:
      1) Time spend travelling - 2. Really bad. Gotta travel there and back.
      2) Risk factor - Depends wheter it´s RZ or BZ. With scout and hideout, its zero risk , 10 points. In RZ without a scout, that´s like 1 :D
      3) Fame / loot - 7 i suppose. Maybe less, Never bothered to calculate fame from group dungeons, but it doesn´t seem to be anything special unless one is hitting 8.2 or 8.3 group dungeons, but that cost money.
      4) Group content.
      5) Effort - depends on how good group is, can be rather effortless, so let´s say 9 with good group, 4 with shit group.

Too lazy to calculate other content like ganking, gathering, solo dungeons etc.
      CD are great. HCE are far too good as well.
      • DO NOT match players that have IP difference of 250, i.e do not match 1200s vs high 1450~1500 (slayer)
      OR
      • Make another level which requires 1.5m infamy to join that has 1450 IP limit that does NOT have ip cap, whatsoever.

I record & analyze every loss and if the reason for the loss is the sheer ip (credit card warriors honestly)
      the experience is terrible. Such build includes one shot build such as one shot dagger.

This is less so in stalker and I know it is intentional, but try to match high infamy and high ip players to each other.
      What good would come out from matching 8.3 gear players with 7 flat players?

The post was edited 1 time, last by foo ().

• All I can say is a big thank you for adding solo content.

I myself am a solo player and it's very difficult for me to find groups to do anything as I don't use Discord voice and I mostly play casually due to my work schedule.

Corrupted Dungeons offer me access to solo PVP content and rewards.

It's a big step forward, hope to see more solo content being added to the game in the future.
    • Hattenhair wrote:

Gear balance in 1v1 is completely abyssmal.
      Many items that are considered a direct counter to a certain ability in a 5v5 environment turn out completely useless or borderline unusable in a CD scenario.

Alot of players have been discontent with how powerful Knight armour and Quarrier boots are in a 1v1 environment lately, yet almost all of the complaints are to neft the aformentioned items.
      The appropriate counters for the items above are obviously: Knight helmet and Fiend cowl.

Hattenhair wrote:

• 1h Curse E is countered by DoT cleanse, regular cleanse, interrupt and I-Frames. (Close to an ideal example)
      • Claymore E is countered by I-Frames and purge. (One extra way to counter it would be nice)
      • Xbow E is countered only by I-Frames (This is the worst weapon in terms of counterability in the game as of now)

fiend cowl don't counters quarry boots, it must, but it isn't work, if player makes some steps from u and then press boots, it is already out of range of purge.

Don't touch f*cking xbow, it is one of slowest weapons in game, without mobility, and with useless trap on W(no mobility, no ability to slow enemy's). It already do not play good, or average, it is now without mobility, and with big hit delay, cast time Ws, really hard weapon.. if u can't counter EASIEST E with clear Timing, then u must go farm solo dungeon.
    • Ironically I tend to see more full shard breakers in Slayer after ever change that is suppose to make it more "difficult" to just freely rat. However they build to complete run so anyone built to actually fight will essentially never catch these guys. Also we don't want to chase these guys. Fame and chest loot should be nerfed overall. Balanced in such a way where SRD is about fame and Corrupted is more about PvP. Also if you keep insisting in matching fighters against bear paw shard rats than please let players enter the invade queue again upon shards being broke. To much PvE/time being forced upon players looking for fights.

I appreciate you added a true 1v1 environment for PvP encounters but it seems to much PvE in current state.
    • Rzebospol wrote:

fiend cowl don't counters quarry boots, it must, but it isn't work, if player makes some steps from u and then press boots, it is already out of range of purge.
      Don't touch f*cking xbow, it is one of slowest weapons in game, without mobility, and with useless trap on W(no mobility, no ability to slow enemy's). It already do not play good, or average, it is now without mobility, and with big hit delay, cast time Ws, really hard weapon.. if u can't counter EASIEST E with clear Timing, then u must go farm solo dungeon.
      Play a caster class. Then we'll talk.
    • Stalker IP cap makes kill final boss impossible with any -non meta build, or often builds without healing. even 100-200 ip over cap without healing in your build the bosses may take extra attempts if you lag even a little 1 skill will ruin a build without healing.

Why have a cap on joining slayer? idk how many i have run, but im only halfway there, and they are boring. stalker loot isnt worth it to sit and farm for hours to get to slayer...
    • Please do something about rats in cds, change something about breaking crystals mechanic. Like making just one of all the crystals breakable and after breaking that crystal another one becomes breakable, showing in the map which crystal its the one breakable so at least the pvpers have some chance trying to catch or pinch the rats by knowing where the rat will be heading next. Or give "crystal cooldowns" when someone breaks a crystal give them a cooldown that prevents that person to break a crystal again for X amount of time. IDK but please do something about rats in cds.