Feedback on Corrupted Dungeons - Brimstone & Mist

• one suggestion that i am not sure devs would be glad about thinking /implementing is a way to deal with current situation in Corrupted Dungeons, though it doesn´t help with cloth builds.

The issue with being able to equip any gear gives rise to build with Maximum mobility and Maximum tankiness. That means these builds are unkillable, and there is no way around it. You can´t have 100% defense and 100% mobility. That´s pretty much how rogues work - they use leather with low defense for the sake of high mobility and damage. But here, that just doesn´t apply - the mobility remains the same. So making mobility abilities ( apart shoes) less effective while wearing plate would make a lot of sense.

It´s basicly introducing a little penalty to movement abilities to plate armor. 10 % - 20% if it´s with other weapons that aren´t made to be tanks like hammers and maces ( you could say that hammer / maces eliminates the movement penalty ). Aaand that´s about it. One solution to mobility plate armor meta. Of course, it doesn´t solve hallowfall or chillhowl ( though for chillhowl, that can be somwhat fixed by nerfing frost nova - made topic on it long time ago, and since it´s rather relevant now, it´s getting some traction currently)
    • Quitting the game for now.
      In all fairness, I did enjoy and played for about 2 months.

I thought the nerf of hallowfall would be enough but it wasn't.

Here are the three reasons why I'm putting the game aside for now.

1. Missing level between stalker and slayer.
      2. Playing Slayer with reasonable budget (2m) and meeting 8.3
      3. Rats

Hopefully things get fixed and I can come back to it.

p.s. as a single player, there is no other pvp content that I can enjoy. Solo dungeon diving is dead due to 90 seconds rule.
      Open world pvp is hard, near impossible b/c of N v 1. HG does not have party finder...etc

Amazing match making.

The post was edited 2 times, last by foo ().

• Kite builds should have a disadvantage

If you look into top infamy players not only they are overgear but they are always with "safe builds", corrupteds shouldnt be safe for any build.

Lets take an example: Nature healers are strong fighters, but they lack mobility, thus, is very hard to kill someone that dont want to fight it because they understand the risk of matchup and just leave.

The opposite doesnt happen; Frost, Badon, Quarterstaff and any mobile poke build can choose who they will fight, and if they win the matchup they dont let you leave because they have the mobility and you dont, if they dont win the matchup, they simply leave, making safer to go on 8.3 gear and to pubstomp every matchup they can win against

Thats totally unfair and thats why poke builds dominate completely the meta and thats not my personal opinion, there are very very very few fighter builds among the top infamy players. They dont go there to have a "fight", they go there to pubstomp without taking risks, they can reset whenever they want and they can leave whenever they want, while 90% of the other builds that go there to fight, struggle to fit in and have to accept being poked til death by a guy that just throws E and run away, thats the opposite of skillplay and should be the opposite of the corrupted's purpose.

U cant nerf every single mobile build because of the corrupted system. The problem isnt the build, but is how the map works for them, is easy to fix and it will improve the design of it dramatically.

The map should slowly close making poke builds fight against time to take advantage from their purpose, plus, invaders shouldnt be able to destroy the crystals and leave for the next 15 minutes after getting in

Builds that can literally have the luxury of "chosing" who they will fight while giving no chances to scape from the matchups they won are simply broken, this conditions the meta and destroy the content.

We shouldnt blame who abuse this, we should blame the game design for let this happen

The post was edited 8 times, last by haelz1 ().

• That has always been my primary argument as well against kiting builds. It is not that they are OP in general but they get to abuse the shit out of the CD design to only take fights they are 100% comfortable with. That is terribly unbalanced. Most other builds still fight when getting a coin flip or unfavorable matchup which is how it should be. If you get to pick and choose fights where is the risk?
    • Tabor wrote:

That has always been my primary argument as well against kiting builds. It is not that they are OP in general but they get to abuse the shit out of the CD design to only take fights they are 100% comfortable with. That is terribly unbalanced. Most other builds still fight when getting a coin flip or unfavorable matchup which is how it should be. If you get to pick and choose fights where is the risk?
      meeting a same build or other kite build. u are forced to fight ez. :)

otherwise no one forcing u to play no kite builds.
      u are free :)
      PLATES need a closer looks
    • after this update, the problem is still the same, rat, kite and heal, and now that SBI killed the solo dungeon dive, CD are the only option for 1v1 players to do some pvp, when 80% of your enemies are not fighting just to get some silver, i'ts boring as hell. honnestly if it's to tag against cancer build every time, i would prefer an arena type dungeon.

when you enter the CD, you wait, you're tag with someone to fight on an arena type place and you fight until the death, after that the champion of the arena ( simply an actual boss ) fight you and when you kill it, you take the chest. next or escape the arena, if the fight is to long, the arena shrink to force the fight. simple, and every 1v1 pvp players that really want to fight would like it. the actual CD are too adventageous for every mobility based build and when you're not playing one of them, you're dead. instead of adding traps that makes mobility even stronger, please do something against it.

another thing,a healer need to be able to protect his mate, so having a lot of healing power is a must and is normal because most of the time it needs to sustain more than 1 dps, but in 1v1 it's just too much, and i know that having dmgs spells on healing class is meant to be viable in solo pve but dmgs equal to a dps branch is not normal.

If you want to launch a 1v1 content, make sure that your game and your balance have the potential for it.

( and please consider the solo dungeon dive again, it's not fun to be 10v1 by some arch but it's not fun either to be killed by a running, self healing guy, that knock you up every 5 seconds ( even more when it's an arch ), making your dungeon a trampoline park, thx )
    • I know, but i prefer that as have no choice, but to run during 15min each tag.

we can't do the arena type nor the actual one. we need to find something, if they don't want to change the map we need a better balance, because actually it's broken. adding a shit ton of mobility on every weapons ( but it's stupid as hell ), or really nerf the existing builds that use mobility, every plate shit, frost, heal etc... ( btw the nerf of the hallowfall change nothing )

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nisnini ().

• foo wrote:

Here are the three reasons why I'm putting the game aside for now.

1. Missing level between stalker and slayer.
      2. Playing Slayer with reasonable budget (2m) and meeting 8.3
      3. Rats

Hopefully things get fixed and I can come back to it.

p.s. as a single player, there is no other pvp content that I can enjoy. Solo dungeon diving is dead due to 90 seconds rule.
      Open world pvp is hard, near impossible b/c of N v 1. HG does not have party finder...etc
      As a player who always wanted solo content, CDs are great. I don't want to go all "back in my day!" but players now are spoiled. Rats are annoying, because if they aren't stupid you will never kill them, but CDs provide reliable access to fair 1v1 while also giving good rewards and great fame. That's incredible compared to what solo PvP used to involve.

The levels in the CD are fine. There is a soft cap so while someone can bring in 8.3, the benefit is limited. You definitely don't need to also have 8.3 to win, there are countless examples of people beating 8.3 with far less. ALSO 2million is a not a "budget" build, that's an expensive build. ALSO ALSO your example picture's build is way less then 2mil.

If you want budget fights, play stalker. You can compete with anyone in slayer for 500k-1mil, depending on the build you play. Don't pretend you can't fight people after dropping 2mil on a set that's nonsense.

Nisnini wrote:

after this update, the problem is still the same, rat, kite and heal, and now that SBI killed the solo dungeon dive, CD are the only option for 1v1 players to do some pvp, when 80% of your enemies are not fighting just to get some silver, i'ts boring as hell. honnestly if it's to tag against cancer build every time, i would prefer an arena type dungeon...

another thing,a healer need to be able to protect his mate, so having a lot of healing power is a must and is normal because most of the time it needs to sustain more than 1 dps, but in 1v1 it's just too much, and i know that having dmgs spells on healing class is meant to be viable in solo pve but dmgs equal to a dps branch is not normal.

If you want to launch a 1v1 content, make sure that your game and your balance have the potential for it.
      I definitely get a fight in 80%+ of my invasions, and I don't have any mobility to catch people. It could be because of my unorthodox build, maybe people assume I will be an easy kill so they fight more. You really don't get a fight in most of your invasions?

I'd also like to say that I haven't found healers a problem, but I have a high DPS build. Seems to me they are balanced at a point where they are viable, not OP, but like all builds naturally counter some people. If you have a lower-DPS sustain-based build, I imagine you'll never kill a healer. Counters are annoying but part of the game when there are so many different style builds.

Honestly I've been super impressed with balance overall. I've seen everything repeatedly used but mace/hammer/arcane. Sure there are a bit more dagger and bow players then other builds, but it's not egregious.

------------------------------

Okay enough talking about how great CDs are, I do think they have a bit of a problem with how easy it is to rat and endless kiting/running in general. CDs are built as multiple loops, and mobility builds naturally have an advantage running past mobs/traps, which creates this problem. I don't think many players want a small circle arena, but I don't think sets of loops are ideal either.

Proposal: Have a mechanism that opens/closes passages around the CD, on the order of 30s to 1min. This would break some of the loops that are everywhere in CDs, creating dead-end branches (temporarily). It would also mean the layout of the CD would continuously change, which I think is interesting. If it's too annoying for PvE people who are just farming alone, it could only trigger on invasion.

Executed well, this would still provide a decent amount of space to run away from PvP, but would also give opportunities to force fights. Depending on the duration and amount of them, you should be able to balance the ability to just run away.

The post was edited 1 time, last by FriendlyFire ().

• Devs, u have nerfed DD classes, xbow, sword, etc, but when we will see nerf of all kite classes? i really boring to play this shit meta... if u like it, then i don't know who u are... this fucking running, kiting, reset, again running... u have little bit nerfed after 2 mounths holly, and more less chillhowl, when will be nerfed next? Badon with insta HP recover under merc.jacket? other running shit? it is ruin the game for big group of ppls, i want fight, i don't want to run... for them it is too safe, too easy.
    • There is a much better question..

This was an official request for feedback - months old..

What is the conclusion taken out of it? Any dev statement?

My guess was, someone had a 2020 scorecard that says: you need 3 feedbacks on different topics for your yearly bonus - unfortunately it doesn't say you need to communicate on it..

Just guess, could of course be completely wrong..
    • SBI? Holidays? Balance is perfect? Job is Done? Last NDA update 30. Nov., and with each day again more, and more rats/skippers, with Bear paws and MINER WORKBOOTS, if i want to play vs. mobs -> i will go play SINGLEPLAYER game... Maybe u will BALANCE something? Or we will wait again Month to next disbalance patch? Make something, hire more ppls for Balance, one Retroman can nothing to balance, we have like a stone vs. railgun in game in some cases.
      Just patch, patch, patch, is already all the same what u patch, impact will be 0.0001%, but make already something, buff merc. jacket, buff badon, buff miner workboots, something, work...?

Remove fcking shards in Slayer... Miners can skipp in Tier 6.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rzebospol ().

• it's really easy. all CD's need is a timeout. make it 10min, not 25 like HG's, so every kitebuild might have 5 go's with their 2min CD cape or whatever and after that both get booted like crystals got smashed. easy as that. if someones trying to run, run for 10min or smash ur crystals, if someones about the fight they better commit to the fight within a reasonable timeframe not kite for 45min until the other's out of pots, or disconnected, or lagging or made a big mistake. easy as that, not battle royal shit enclosing map or whatever needed. i don't see why this wasn't implemented from the start
    • Again root cause is game design..

You put in crazy rewards and fame and make it possible to reduce your risk to just run and break...
      On top there is an invasion frequency if u not break crystal of 1/20
      Avoid PvP and just run must be a consequence..

Then the first clash starts as pvp players have this left as only serious solo pvp option
      And there is pve players that have no desire to fight..
      So none is satisfied..

Then the unlimited reset which makes reset build a must as it offers unlimited trys and free walkaway if after 20 trys not work

So as mentioned ..in my opinion a really bad game design regarding everything, for all involved parties, but with high acceptance as super profitable and the only remaining serious pvp option..

Fix: remove crystals, let pve players farm it, if u not flag pvp lower rewards, no intrusion if not flagged, battle royal for the flagged after 5 mins no winner after intrusion. And if u don't flag for next cd u cannot chain from inside. Just flagged spawns u next portal after boss..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trial_hard ().

• Rzebospol wrote:

It from other topic, but i want to place one more time here, and adress to Devs. Please make new map like on Picture, and add to game, u can just make like 50%/50% like new map will be or old, and normaly it can help ) on such maps fighter will have more chances vs. runners, on old map runner will have more chanses to run how girls =)

@Mytherceria
      Basically the old HG design they scrapped in favour of the new circular design, which means anyone with even a sliver of movespeed advantage will be able to run in circles forever. Chokepoints existed for a reason for fucks sake.