blackzone design and timeslot arrangements

• blackzone design and timeslot arrangements

is there a reason that the timers look like someone threw up on the blackzone after a night of partying and nothing seems to make sense? by that i mean there are patches for 4-5 same tz zones, then theres 1 and there are two extreme timezones next to it being 12 utc and 5 utc ? are people even playing those times in the bz?
    • Yes, there are reasons, like different time zones for different countries to have a chance of owning and fighting over territory, making it difficult for a single guild to hold a lot of territories in the same place with different timezones (so it'd be very time consuming to attend every single defense), or even forcing alliances in order to be able to defend them.

Just because you have a time preference in your play session doesn't mean everyone is the same. Imagine if all of the players in Albion played everyday at the exact same time. The server issues would be way worse than they already are.
    • Loholt wrote:

Yes, there are reasons, like different time zones for different countries to have a chance of owning and fighting over territory, making it difficult for a single guild to hold a lot of territories in the same place with different timezones (so it'd be very time consuming to attend every single defense), or even forcing alliances in order to be able to defend them.

Just because you have a time preference in your play session doesn't mean everyone is the same. Imagine if all of the players in Albion played everyday at the exact same time. The server issues would be way worse than they already are.
      a random single 12 utc and a random 5 utc that nobody fights for doesnt seem like really good design
    • LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

Loholt wrote:

Yes, there are reasons, like different time zones for different countries to have a chance of owning and fighting over territory, making it difficult for a single guild to hold a lot of territories in the same place with different timezones (so it'd be very time consuming to attend every single defense), or even forcing alliances in order to be able to defend them.

a random single 12 utc and a random 5 utc that nobody fights for doesnt seem like really good design
      I can agree to the 12 UTC as I don't see many battles at that time but 5 UTC is late NA and is very much used I would say almost as much as the 3 UTC.
    • Neef wrote:

LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

Loholt wrote:

I can agree to the 12 UTC as I don't see many battles at that time but 5 UTC is late NA and is very much used I would say almost as much as the 3 UTC.
      however there is almost no top battleboards at 5 utc in a week, might be more interesting for guilds that are in that timezone to fight for it at one place

The post was edited 1 time, last by LoganSilkCheeks ().

• LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

Neef wrote:

LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

Loholt wrote:

however there is almost no top battleboards at 5 utc in a week, might be more interesting for guilds that are in that timezone to fight for it at one place
      what do you mean one place?