[October 22nd] Android Update Fix (Update: November 4th)

• [October 22nd] Android Update Fix (Update: November 4th)

Update (November 4th, 14:05 UTC):

Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify that with this [3. November 2020] Android Hotfix, the previous issues with downloading the game, as well as crashes or freezes mentioned in this thread should be resolved now.

This means that there is no need to download the Content.zip file in the OP anymore. Please install a new apk from our website.

If you have any further issues with the new apk, please post this in the Bugs forum and our QA team will look into it as a new report.

Thank you,

- Mytherceria & Dev Team

Update (October 23rd, 17:25 UTC):

Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

Our devs are still working on the issue to bring you a fix version as soon as we can. For the moment, we can offer a workaround, where you can download and extract a content file to your devices.

Instructions:
    1. Download file: live.albiononline.com/autoupdate/Content.zip
    2. Extract 'Content.zip' to: \Android\data\com.sandboxinteractive.albiononline\files\content - please note that if you can't see this folder you need to start the game if you haven't already - it will create the folders and you can extract the content there
    3. Start the game
    Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

- Mytherceria & Dev Team

Update (October 23rd, 13:34 UTC):

Amoebius76 wrote:

Hey, we've got an update!

There were some changes done regarding the routing to our servers, which, for PC players, should let you update the client now without much hassle!

So please, check if you can update it properly now, without having to press Retry all the time.

We currently can not confirm if this also fixed it for Android, thus are very thankful for any feedback on this. It seems that the downloading issue on Android is caused by a bad connection to the servers, which we are currently trying to fix, too

Update (October 22nd, 14:00 UTC):

Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

I spoke with the devs about your issues with downloading the patch. They are currently working on a potential fix, but it would be great if you could DM me which location you are based, so that I can get this info over to assist them.

Thank you!

- Mytherceria & Dev Team

Hi everyone,

We received reports that Android players were encountering a version mismatch error following yesterday evening's hotfix.

The issue has been resolved and you will need to restart the client for it to work.

- Mytherceria & Dev Team

Mytherceria#3744
  • Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

We received reports that Android players were encountering a version mismatch error following yesterday evening's hotfix.

The issue has been resolved and you will need to restart the client for it to work.

- Mytherceria & Dev Team
    what do you mean by restarting the client... mobile users are still stuck downloading the whole patch....it pauses and never continue in a certain point if we decide to restart the game its gonna put us back at 200-300mb drawback from our download or worst restart from scratch...............
  • IniiTB wrote:

hey albion i've been trying for 2 hour and still getting error i got stucked at 700mb download bruh, please fix it i dont have a time moreee
    i had been fighting the uphill battle with their client ....i had screwed my monthly data limit already and decided to purchase further gigs to try again. after over 16+ hours of reinstalling uninstalling downloading and almost 20gb of data wasted for this darn game....i still havent seen the log in screen xD
  • DeuxVault wrote:

IniiTB wrote:

hey albion i've been trying for 2 hour and still getting error i got stucked at 700mb download bruh, please fix it i dont have a time moreee
    i had been fighting the uphill battle with their client ....i had screwed my monthly data limit already and decided to purchase further gigs to try again. after over 16+ hours of reinstalling uninstalling downloading and almost 20gb of data wasted for this darn game....i still havent seen the log in screen xD
    dang bro you just spent 20gb wtf, ya i know so many effort that we spent for this game but this is crazy I just waiting the download and try it like 20x time And still not seeing log in screen
  • IniiTB wrote:

DeuxVault wrote:

IniiTB wrote:

dang bro you just spent 20gb wtf, ya i know so many effort that we spent for this game but this is crazy I just waiting the download and try it like 20x time And still not seeing log in screen
    I mean what can I do, i do like the game.. but it is currently making my patience run laps..it is wearing thin. and i purchased a one month prem before the update happened leaving me unable to use it atm. if this continues, and use up another net plan, i might just browse other more stable games. Not only that this update cost me more irl money and time.....but frustrations as well.. i cant say that i am not disappointed with their management
  • What about the problem of additional data download being frozen for hours ?

Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

- Mytherceria & Dev Team

The post was edited 1 time, last by Send69Nukes ().