DO ANYTHING WITH RATS IN CORRUPTED

• Devs have no interest on 1vs1 PVP, they added corrupted, while a lot of peoples wanted some "clear" 1v1 PVP, and they tryied to balance it first 2 weeks. And now i see they try to "balance" it with traps, traps and more mobs)) really nice balance))) i dont understand really why they make so easy escape ways in corrupted, in HG's for example is TIMER with time u cannot leave HG) and here - nothing, go kill shard... i dont understand why they make "second"version of solo random dungeons... peoples who don't want to fight can go in solo RDs, why this ability to avoid fight - i am not understand. It is PVP 1x1 without PVP ) lol
    • Its to avoid stupid Nature or Hallowfall Rats who will just outsustain you if you cant leave.
      Or if you build gets hard countered.
      There is no interest in loosing gear.

And dont forget its PvE with a chance of PvP. Nothing more.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Search for yourself. Even if entering there is the PvE with possibility of PvP announcement.
      And if you cant catch rats, than you are just bad. Its easy now. I had 8 fights today, 2 rats and catched/killed all of them.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Good morning,

its very frustrating with this Rats. Corrupted should be for PVP noch for PVE and run. They should buff the Solo Dungeons for those who dont want PVP (in a full loot PVP game lol).
      Its still way to easy to rat. Yes the doubled the traps but that makes the catch more difficult. I want to play the gear i want not the gear whats best for catching this shit rats.
      And the people who say "mimimi dont play corrupted" mostly are rats i think. Thats bullshit guys.
      Corrupted Dungeons are great for people like me without a guild who look for small scale pvp. But i think they should force pvp. 2 get in 1 get out. All who are crying about pvp should run solos or play Minecraft.
      I mean this is Albion!
    • It is at best amusing..if not sadly dissapointing

2 months people yell at each other about the purpose of crd / SRD, yet sbi could align all these people..

We see CRD as a place for .... And try adapt it to be... Content

It would end the fights in forum and move the discussion to Problem solving, though silence on sbi side..

Are they afraid to loose player if they share their vision / intention?

For me, it doesn't even make sense to give any f edback or proposal to adapt this content unless you know the intention of this content...and obviously a lot of people are struggling, too

PVE rat race area?
      PVP with small chance to dodge?
      Full pvp with intention 90% one dead?

What is the design goal of that content?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• I think they can't balance it. And this is reason to make mobs, traps, shards, other shit. Example, yesterday, I am xbow vs grave hammer, he can't kill me, have not enough damage, was about 15 attempts. I can't catch him, he dashes with W at 5% HP, regenerate, and from start) we have both soldier boots, but I have no mobility, and I tried with Trap on W, it is also shit) so 30 mins running, and I go to killing shards, and on one shard with mobs, I had loosed too much hp vs. mobs, comes hammer and kills me) balance done.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

It is at best amusing..if not sadly dissapointing

2 months people yell at each other about the purpose of crd / SRD, yet sbi could align all these people..

It would end the fights in forum and move the discussion to Problem solving, though silence on sbi side..

Are they afraid to loose player if they share their vision / intention

All those that complain about corrupted dungeons - it´s just hillarious.

Sbi made their stance already ages ago, you can just read news or whatever " The all-new Corrupted Dungeons arriving with the next update are a response to those players who have been asking for more solo PvE and PvP content for Albion Online ".

And you are suprised they aren´t saying anything ? It´s because there is nothing need to be said. Not to mention, it doesn´t matter what SBI says what is something intended for, as people will just play however they want - that´s the sandbox.

What they released are CORRUPTED DUNGEONS, which are DUNGEONS with optionable PvP. It´s not 1 v 1 arena match to death in a limited space, but rather a different solo dungeons with optionable more high level pvp.If SBI wanted 1 v 1 arena with limited space, they would have created that.

There is no need to adress majority of complains, as it´s just people who want to play their way and are salty about it.

1) Some people want fight to the death and complain when someone runs from a fight - yet they play crappy builds like Thorns or Bow which are immobile turrets. And yeah, they are salty when people run - well no wonder, nobody wants to fight those unless you have a purge. And they can´t catch people and thus they complain and cry. Well guess what ? You can just play a mobile build to catch someone, and you usually trade fight power for mobility.

2) Some people just want PVE safe experience and are salty when someone dives them. And guess what they do ? They resort to using knight armor or quarrier boots ( which are something i would ban from corrupted ) that have insane escaping potential. Then it´s pretty boring, for they are unkillable pretty much unless they are 0 head.

3) Some people complain about highly mobile builds - well yeah, those are meta. Why ? Well, fight build has no chase potential, meaning the mobile build can simply choose to fight of withdraw, which makes him superior. If the fight build is weak to mobile build, the fight build DIES. Why ? Because he can´t escape from the mobile build, while the mobile build can withdraw whenever he wants. That gives him way too high advantange and makes the game rather boring, for there is no way anyone can win against that.
      Look at bloodletter knight armor rat. Insane chase and escape potential. Often paired with 8.3 or something to overwhelm oponnents with sheer IP. Now you could make an argument " Well, anyone can bring 8.3, right ? ". No. The thing is that due to it´s insane mobility,tankiness and CC, the bloodletter rat is nearly unkillable. As long as he wishes, he can safely disengage from battle and give it a shot once he regenerates HP. Even if the oponnent does not make a mistake, the bloodletter can still often finish him - meaning the fight build has essentially next to 0% chance to win against a good bloodletter. And if the bloodletter counters the enemy, the enemy cannot do ANYTHING. For he cannot escape. And bloodletter can simply run away when he wants in case he messes up - he can simply play it safe.
      Frost is a bit similar, as it´s just kiting around and fishing for mistakes.

There is no way you can satisfy everyone. Meta right now are highly mobile builds for easy disengage and such. The safer build, the better. The riskier build, the higher chance of dying. Why bother playing risky when you can play safe and sound ? Risk does not give reward, while safety does. Well, that´s how it goes - even with HCE and such.

+ Quarrier boots issue. Those just makes CD unfun. Their insane chasing and escape potential made them a bit of meta. Soon nobody will play anything but that. Please SBI, just ban them from CD. Nothing can compare to them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• Borbarad wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

It is at best amusing..if not sadly dissapointing

Are they afraid to loose player if they share their vision / intention
      All those that complain about corrupted dungeons - it´s just hillarious.

Sbi made their stance already ages ago, you can just read news or whatever " The all-new Corrupted Dungeons arriving with the next update are a response to those players who have been asking for more solo PvE and PvP content for Albion Online ".

And you are suprised they aren´t saying anything ? It´s because there is nothing need to be said. Not to mention, it doesn´t matter what SBI says what is something intended for, as people will just play however they want - that´s the sandbox.

What they released are CORRUPTED DUNGEONS, which are DUNGEONS with optionable PvP. It´s not 1 v 1 arena match to death in a limited space, but rather a different solo dungeons with optionable more high level pvp.If SBI wanted 1 v 1 arena with limited space, they would have created that.

There is no need to adress majority of complains, as it´s just people who want to play their way and are salty about it.

1) Some people want fight to the death and complain when someone runs from a fight - yet they play crappy builds like Thorns or Bow which are immobile turrets. And yeah, they are salty when people run - well no wonder, nobody wants to fight those unless you have a purge. And they can´t catch people and thus they complain and cry. Well guess what ? You can just play a mobile build to catch someone, and you usually trade fight power for mobility.

2) Some people just want PVE safe experience and are salty when someone dives them. And guess what they do ? They resort to using knight armor or quarrier boots ( which are something i would ban from corrupted ) that have insane escaping potential. Then it´s pretty boring, for they are unkillable pretty much unless they are 0 head.

3) Some people complain about highly mobile builds - well yeah, those are meta. Why ? Well, fight build has no chase potential, meaning the mobile build can simply choose to fight of withdraw, which makes him superior. If the fight build is weak to mobile build, the fight build DIES. Why ? Because he can´t escape from the mobile build, while the mobile build can withdraw whenever he wants. That gives him way too high advantange and makes the game rather boring, for there is no way anyone can win against that.
      Look at bloodletter knight armor rat. Insane chase and escape potential. Often paired with 8.3 or something to overwhelm oponnents with sheer IP. Now you could make an argument " Well, anyone can bring 8.3, right ? ". No. The thing is that due to it´s insane mobility,tankiness and CC, the bloodletter rat is nearly unkillable. As long as he wishes, he can safely disengage from battle and give it a shot once he regenerates HP. Even if the oponnent does not make a mistake, the bloodletter can still often finish him - meaning the fight build has essentially next to 0% chance to win against a good bloodletter. And if the bloodletter counters the enemy, the enemy cannot do ANYTHING. For he cannot escape. And bloodletter can simply run away when he wants in case he messes up - he can simply play it safe.
      Frost is a bit similar, as it´s just kiting around and fishing for mistakes.

There is no way you can satisfy everyone. Meta right now are highly mobile builds for easy disengage and such. The safer build, the better. The riskier build, the higher chance of dying. Why bother playing risky when you can play safe and sound ? Risk does not give reward, while safety does. Well, that´s how it goes - even with HCE and such.

+ Quarrier boots issue. Those just makes CD unfun. Their insane chasing and escape potential made them a bit of meta. Soon nobody will play anything but that. Please SBI, just ban them from CD. Nothing can compare to them.
      good comment, to mention at start.

Well, yesterday I watched a 8.3 streamer ..

Fire vs quaterstaff demon cape windwall

Classic, I put u in demon cape and then throw u in mobs or traps in case u still alive

The fire did win, 8.3 did it, though none died.
      After the 20. Reset of the quaterstaff I stopped count and watched something else..
      I did not see final result but it was hilarious...

That Meta has to stop or - these crd need an objective u need win. Right now, there is just an escape objective, and 5 of them, that's why there is no showdown..

It's basically an alternative version of plate letter..

And I doubt, plate letter can be fixed by balance but by mission / dungeon design.. if there is a chest u need win, just fight reset doesn't give u everything..
    • Saccavirano wrote:

Scope wrote:

I mean this is Albion!
      You got the point, this is Albion.Have you checked the Albion official trailer?
      "In Albion, you can be anything you want to be"
      Yes you are completly right. The Problem are not the people who rat. CRD are great content and ratting people would be stupid not using this mechanic. In my opinion its the actuall mechanik of the dungeons. I love Albion and i getting started in PVP activity, first time since the beta version of albion. But i am not the big guild guy and was happy to get some mostly fair 1v1 PVP action. You know how hard it is to find fair 1v1 fights in albion. Even in "Solo" dungeons u mostly got dived 2+ people. But at all it doesnt matter. I`ll grab a big piece of chocolate cake and all is fine ;)
    • Lucky for you, there is OneNote. Thanks Mr. Gates!

Here we go again....

Myth:
      Corrupted Dungeons are made for only 1v1 PvP content, PvE is not welcome.
      Busted:
      CORRUPTED DUNGEONS
      Corrupted Dungeons are new single-player dungeons found throughout the open world. After choosing a difficulty level, players enter and begin cleansing corrupted creatures,which grant Infamy points.
      Players can also invade or be invaded, with the invaded player given a choice between fighting the invader or destroying demonic shards to banish them. Killing another player grants a portion of their Infamy; higher Infamy levels give access to higher-level dungeons and overall better rewards.
      [12.August 2020] Rise of Avalon Update
      The dev description of Corrupted Dungeons clearly lists both PvE and PvP as viable intended uses.Both activities can be used to gain infamy. Your interpretation may differ from mine, but I would summarize the above description as the intent of Corrupted Dungeons is for solo PvE content, with the risk of possible 1v1 PvP.

Myth:
      There are only rats/runners in Corrupted Dungeons. Nobody wants to PvP!
      Busted:
      According to the dev's, …"Currently, more than 75% of invasions in Stalker and Slayer result in the death of either the defender or the invader…" (e.g. in 1v1PvP), so it would seem that crystal breaking is not as widespread of an issue as some claim and the content is mostly working as intended. Corrupted Dungeons are generating PvP for folks. If on average more or less than 1 in 4 dungeon owners escape you as an invader, your experience is outside the"norm."
      Corrupted Dungeon Patch 2 Changes

Myth:
      PvE players get maximum rewards in Corrupted Dungeons with zero risk!
      Busted:
      Maximum rewards on Corrupted Dungeons includes the extra infamy and loot gained from killing other players. PvE players get none of that.

Myth:
      Albion Online is an open world/sandbox game and sandbox = PvP anytime anywhere.
      Busted:
      Actively avoiding PvP is just as sandbox as actively seeking PvP.

Myth:
      Albion Online is a hard core PvP only game, all other activities are secondary and do not matter.
      Busted:
      This post details SBI's stance on how to handle ganking (i.e. non-consensual PvP). Once this is understood, things should start to make more sense. Or at the very least,expectations can be tempered and feedback can be more constructive.
      "Hardcore"vs "Casual" Debate - Our Stance

TLDR: It must be more common for those who wish to avoid PvP to be able to do so, than for those who wish to force PvP to be able to do so. If that ratio flips, the game as a whole will begin to breakdown and that is bad for all players in the long run.

I should just make a thread and link to it, to be honest.
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Draedark ().