The Haunting Pictures of Albion

• OH NO!

The pain you felt was unbearable. It was something you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy.

Trembling knees. Drooling. Tears streaked face. Finally you reached the only Dental clinic in town.

The patient before you pitied you so much that they've let you cut in line.

You waited until finally, what seems like a thousand daily maintenance, you were finally on the dental chair.

"Multiple infected tooth, so we will have to do multiple root canals.

And we have can still save 3 molars, so we will be crowning them.

The wound on the roof of your mouth is beyond healing so we will be

performing a surgery, a gum tissue graft."

There was a pause when the dentist opened the tall white cabinet near you.

"Unfortunately, we just ran out of anesthesia."

THE END!
    • Hello all you haunting pictorial storytellers,

We are finally happy to announce the winners of this contest! Our mysterious benefactor is awfully pleased with the quality of submissions, and thanks you for your efforts.

Our winner is none other than @DeuxVault, who drew up an atmospheric poem of the damned man of Allhallows Keep!

DeuxVault wrote:

The tragedy of Allhollows keep: A bards tale.

Let me tell you a story of old,
      where the night is at its darkest and gust of sheer cold.
      In a place where fiends,witches and horrors sleep,
      also known as Allhollows Keep.

Once there was a man, walking with a burden
      in the land of snow and the damned.
      On his back, a body as pale as snow,
      He had carry his wife's husk wherever he had to go.

After days treading the mountains of Sterling,
      Allhollow's keep was in sight and waiting.
      Outside is nothing but rot and decay
      but inside was bright as day
      Halls of pumpkins light the way.

Pass the great halls and lower he went,
      pass creatures that hell had sent.
      Infront of ominous statues that he seek
      he placed his wife's body on his lap for he was weak.

A screech was heard
      Light streaked
      A ghostly apparition started to speak
      "What you yearn has a cost, for a soul to be awakened, the life of others has to be forsaken."

The man knew what it needs,
      to bring back the time he had with his wife together
      murder was the answer.

The man continued to offer pieces of his victims to the apparition
      he didn't know he was on his own path of damnation
      On one night he had lost all of his humanity,
      forgot what was the reason for his atrocities.

On a cold night on a certain day of year,
      a man resembling he, appears
      but it is only a shadow of the man of who he used to be
      as he wears the pumpkin heads that lines the halls of Allhollows Keep.

Meanwhile, in a forgotten coffin,
      consuming the souls of the forsaken
      his wife slowly awakens.
      The haunting beckons.

Our first runner up goes to @Witfield, with an eerie campfire tale of the creature who haunts Martlock's hills - beware, everyone!

Witfield wrote:

A Father's Embrace

One cold night, in the village of Highland Cross, a tearful father holds his daughter's hand as her last dying breath surrounds the nearby hills. Nobody knew why she died. They buried her in the following morning.

As the coffin was being lowered into the ground, she woke up. Apparently, she was still alive, but the lack of medical expertise in the village could not make the difference between a coma and death.

It was too late for her. She was buried alive.

Later that day, a cemetery worker heard her screams and punches in the wooden coffin. He quickly helped her get out of the coffin and followed her to her father's house.

The father could not believe his eyes. His daughter was alive. In the madness of the moment, he grabbed his lumberjack axe and slashed his beloved daughter and the man. As he was a devout religious man, he believed she became a vampire after death.

Seeing both of them lying dead on the wooden floor, he quickly realized the grave error he made. He then went back to the grave, with her now dead body in his arms.

He started hearing a voice telling him to take a pumpkin near the ground and take it to the cemetery crypt. He could not know if the voices are real or not.

As he took the pumpkin to the crypt, unimaginable horrors started to appear.

The voices were becoming louder and louder, telling him to place the pumpkin on his head. With the blood of his daughter on his axe and the cursed pumpkin on his head, everything went blank.

It is now said, that every year, on Allhollows, he is seen Haunting Martlock's hills, searching for his beloved daughter.

The End

298 words, 1.608 characters

Our second runner up is @Anibus who entertained with his creative comic format of the beginnings of Allhallows in Albion!

Anibus wrote:

The Rise of Evil
      The story of how AllHallows started in Albion.

Finally, we have an honorary mention for @Mishirene's story of Bob's mishap with Linda's costume - poor Bob :(
      As a token of appreciation for your effort, our mysterious benefactor awards you 14-days of Premium Status for a character of your choice!

Mishirene wrote:

A Regretful Gift

The bell tolls, the fog thickens, the air chills, and the sky darkens. It is All Hallows’ Eve, and an eerie delight fills the night!

Our story follows Bob, a man devoted to spreading a spooky cheer throughout Albion. He bakes treats for tonight’s costume party!

He also crafts frightening costumes for partygoers. It wouldn’t be a costume party if people lacked costumes after all!

Hours before the gathering, Bob realizes had forgotten to create a costume for Linda! Last year’s ghost costume won’t cut it. Bob must work quickly, lest Linda goes costumeless tonight!

Bob visits Linda’s friends, and asks if she could join in on their cultist theme.

“We would love to, but we’re going as the THREE sisters, not four!”

Not being one to give up, Bob heads to the party floor for inspiration. Creativity strikes when he spots a sinister pumpkin; Bob has found an answer!

“BEHOLD!” Bob proudly displays the new costume to Linda. Linda unenthusiastically thanks him, but Bob doesn’t notice her disappointment. Feeling content, he joins the party with minutes to spare!

The party is in full swing, people are having the time of their unlives. But Bob notices Linda’s absence! He asks a monstrous partier for her whereabouts, who says Linda mentioned needing fresh air. Bob steps out to find her.

To his horror, he finds Linda’s costume burning in a pyre!

“Linda! Your costume…! It’s burning!” Bob wails.

“Bob, I appreciate the effort, but it lacks creativity.” She says coldly.

“How is it not creative?! It has a pumpkin head!” He reasons.

“That hardly helps.” Linda says bluntly before heading home.

Though everyone left with a smile; Bob felt defeated. “It’s a good costume! And I’ll show everyone next year!” He shouts to a lonely room as he packs the decorations.

The End.

((Author's Note: I really hope the title and "the end" don't count towards my word limit. The story is the exact same without them. I had trouble shrinking it down to 300 words as it is..))

Congratulations to all the winners and participants of this contest!

Please send me a direct message via the forum containing the name of your character to receive your reward.

Mytherceria#3744
    • TADAsX wrote:

CorneliusFudge wrote:

What a disappointment, I'm so happy that a comic that took 5 minutes to create won runner up. What a joke. I won't be wasting my time next year, clearly the judges don't know what they're doing.
      TOTALLY AGREE
      It might feel unfair because you don't know what criteria was used to pick up the winners, but a contest is a contest, few would win, most would lose.

The decision would never please 100% of the participants (unless they gave winner prize to all of us, which would miss the point). Truth is that whatever decision they'd come up with, most would be displeased, since it'd mean the majority would lose.

There's no point in nitpicking now guys. You may feel you created a better entry, or told a better story, or were more original... but it does not matter because some other guy would have the same questioning if you were to have won. It's an endless cycle.

We can only look forward to do better next time (myself included) and hope we have better luck.

And last but not least: congratulations to the winners!
    • Mine was a story of love and tragedy on par with Romeo and Juliet.

Shame I didn't win...

Next time I won't miss the deadline
      (I'll tell myself I would've won otherwise...)

On a serious note:

Congrats to all the winners!
      Good job to everyone! Keep making great community content for this game we love

-B
    • Loholt wrote:

TADAsX wrote:

CorneliusFudge wrote:

What a disappointment, I'm so happy that a comic that took 5 minutes to create won runner up. What a joke. I won't be wasting my time next year, clearly the judges don't know what they're doing.
      TOTALLY AGREE
      It might feel unfair because you don't know what criteria was used to pick up the winners, but a contest is a contest, few would win, most would lose.
      The decision would never please 100% of the participants (unless they gave winner prize to all of us, which would miss the point). Truth is that whatever decision they'd come up with, most would be displeased, since it'd mean the majority would lose.

There's no point in nitpicking now guys. You may feel you created a better entry, or told a better story, or were more original... but it does not matter because some other guy would have the same questioning if you were to have won. It's an endless cycle.

We can only look forward to do better next time (myself included) and hope we have better luck.

Next contest should be voted by albion community, I think there was better stories
    • TADAsX wrote:

Loholt wrote:

TADAsX wrote:

CorneliusFudge wrote:

TOTALLY AGREE
      It might feel unfair because you don't know what criteria was used to pick up the winners, but a contest is a contest, few would win, most would lose.The decision would never please 100% of the participants (unless they gave winner prize to all of us, which would miss the point). Truth is that whatever decision they'd come up with, most would be displeased, since it'd mean the majority would lose.

Next contest should be voted by albion community, I think there was better stories
      Who has more friends and fake accounts would win XD
    • Yiotoo wrote:

TADAsX wrote:

Loholt wrote:

TADAsX wrote:

CorneliusFudge wrote:

TOTALLY AGREE
      It might feel unfair because you don't know what criteria was used to pick up the winners, but a contest is a contest, few would win, most would lose.The decision would never please 100% of the participants (unless they gave winner prize to all of us, which would miss the point). Truth is that whatever decision they'd come up with, most would be displeased, since it'd mean the majority would lose.

Who has more friends and fake accounts would win XD
      So true. This is always a big mistake.