Solo dungeons in yellow zones have become extremely hard to find

• Solo dungeons in yellow zones have become extremely hard to find

Ever since the introduction of Corrupted Dungeons, normal solo dungeons have become very scarse in yellow zones. The zones are literally packed with corrupted dungeons, but since they only allow Hunter level PvP very few people do them. The vast majority of players do normal dugeons in yellow zones which leads to them being increasingly difficult to find.

This behavior is only getting worse with the decling interest in corrupted dungeons, which I've noticed lately not only with AO streamers, but in normal players as well. My current "record" is finding 24 consecutive corrupted dungeons entrances before I was able to find a normal one. I pretty much know exactly where the spawn locations are for a few yellow zones and sometimes it still takes me a couple of loops around the zone in order to find one.

Is it possible to either limit the total amount of corrupted duneons being spawned at once in one zone or just allow Stalker level PvP in addition to Hunter for yellow zones? Of course, I welcome any other suggestions that could lead to the resolution of this issue.
    • gmatagmis wrote:

Why don't you farm hunter corrupted instead of T5 YSD?
      When I have spare time, I do and I enjoy them quite a bit, however that's rarely the case. I don't have time for playing games as much as I would like and usually I'm trying to squeeze some dungeons while I'm doing other stuff. This often means that I spend 10 minutes playing and 20+ minutes being ALT+TAB-ed. I trust you can see how this playstyle does not line up with corrupteds very well.

Additionally, in times when I'm traveling, when I want to relax with an audio book or just unwind for an hour after another 14 hour shift, solo dungeons are very appealing. They are the one thing I can do while having my mind occupied with other things.

All that said, I believe you're missing the point. I believe there is a problem with the current system - one that can be fixed with minor adjustments. I just wanted to hear other players' opinions on the matter.
    • Zarek wrote:

This often means that I spend 10 minutes playing and 20+ minutes being ALT+TAB-ed. I trust you can see how this playstyle does not line up with corrupteds very well.
      Not really.
      Once you clear the counter to final boss (5 min) you can AFK as much as you want, since no invasion would happen anymore.
      Then you have an option to chill in full clearing, or jump directly to other one without search.
      Try it.
      WTB skill

The post was edited 1 time, last by gmatagmis ().

• I had this experience too, it is frustrating. And no, CD doesnt fill the chill time doing SDs on yellow zone. SBI must let us choose between SD or CD when picking a dungeon. I dont like corrupted dungeons as a main source of farm, but i had to move to it because solo dungeons are rare now(tried buying maps, but the maps spawns sometimes in another region and it is annoying.)
    • Try going a zone or two away from a major city. The closer the zones are to the city the more likely they are crowded.

I also do not jump into a CD when I find I am trying to squeeze some game time in quick. The 5 minutes to A out is enough of a barrier to me. I understand why it is there, I am just saying it keeps me from going into CD unless I am confident that I have the time to commit to one.
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!
    • You must be joking.
      1. It takes 5 minutes to clear gap to the boss in hunter corrupted.
      2. After boss spawn dungeon cannot be invaded.
      3. No one ever really invading hunter corrupted because there is no point to do so, because it's literally waste of time.
      4. You can find dungeon enter in 2-3 screens of town.
      5. You can proceed to next dungeon after completion without search infinitely.
      ATM it's the most careberean, chill and safe instanced fame farm in the game with sensible, growing over time FPH and profit.
      You did not even check it, yes?
      WTB skill

The post was edited 3 times, last by gmatagmis ().

• In your case it would be a lovely tweak if they increased spawn rates of solo dungeons, but for the game it would mean more faction points on the table + less players in redzones.
      With the dungeon entrance closing thingie, they've already done enough for casual side of players. Better solo dungeon spawnrate means less running around for faction farmers, which makes their experience even more safe than it is right now.

The speed at which faction points are earned has to be limited somehow otherwise it will crash the cityheart and cape economy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pawney ().

• gmatagmis wrote:

You must be joking.
      3. No one ever really invading hunter corrupted because there is no point to do so, because it's literally waste of time.
      ATM it's the most careberean, chill and safe instanced fame farm in the game with sensible, growing over time FPH and profit.
      Still missing the point by a mile.
      It does not matter how "carebear" one activity is to your standards.

It's a matter of personal preference. If you like to drink Cola, but all of a sudden most of the Cola drinks in your shop's vending machines are replaced by Fantas, that nobody ever wants, wouldn't you think it's probably prudent for the owner to rethink their decision?

It's also a matter of situational convenience. Imagine yourself playing at work and then you get a customer call or a client walks in. Do you ask them to wait 3-4 minutes for you to complete your dungeon?

I can give you a lot more reasons but do I really need to do that?

@Pawney
      I didn't see any problems with the faction rewards "crashing" the economy before the corrupted dungeons were introduced.

Why is it so hard to understand that having a ratio of 2-20 corrupted dungeons for each normal dungeon on a map is far from perfect and I seriously doubt this was the developer's intention.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zarek ().

• Zarek wrote:

I didn't see any problems with the faction rewards "crashing" the economy before the corrupted dungeons were introduced.

Why is it so hard to understand that having a ratio of 2-20 corrupted dungeons for each normal dungeon on a map is far from perfect and I seriously doubt this was the developer's intention.
      Alright then we can cross the faction point argument. How about:
      Gankers will have harder time finding people because solo dungeons keep spawning on top of fame farmers so they don't run around searching for dungeons, but stay in one place.

For example: I had access to roads hideout T7 zone, meaning I'm getting around 1.4k fame per mob + loot. If dungeons kept spawning on top of me it'd be too easy to farm fame. Meaning I wouldn't have to move out of my safe corner for a while.
      Same for bz, if dungeons are gonna close behind you, there should at least be a mechanic to stop a solo player from re entering the same dungeon too many times.
    • I've rarely been ganked in the side-skirts or the corners of a map. When I go to the BZ I usually die at the hands of stealthed gate campers or ones that are stacking on top of each other at some junction, bridge ..etc. Hoever, this is not the point. The problem I outlined affects to a greater degree only the yellow zones.
      Quite frankly I believe gankers are healthy for the game and I don't believe the same measures are required in the full loot PvP zones. On the contrary, it appears that there is deficit of corrupted dungeons in the BZ zones with portals to the major cities and the zones surrounding Caerleon.
    • gmatagmis wrote:

You must be joking.
      Do you play cd in Hunter? I played sometimes Ive got a Lot of invades. I have more than 100k infamy, i dont wanna risk 10% of It against someone who have less than 10k infamy. Have to kill more than 10 people to recover one lose. For me It is Far from chill
    • Zarek wrote:

Ever since the introduction of Corrupted Dungeons, normal solo dungeons have become very scarse in yellow zones. The zones are literally packed with corrupted dungeons, but since they only allow Hunter level PvP very few people do them. The vast majority of players do normal dugeons in yellow zones which leads to them being increasingly difficult to find.

This behavior is only getting worse with the decling interest in corrupted dungeons, which I've noticed lately not only with AO streamers, but in normal players as well. My current "record" is finding 24 consecutive corrupted dungeons entrances before I was able to find a normal one. I pretty much know exactly where the spawn locations are for a few yellow zones and sometimes it still takes me a couple of loops around the zone in order to find one.

Is it possible to either limit the total amount of corrupted duneons being spawned at once in one zone or just allow Stalker level PvP in addition to Hunter for yellow zones? Of course, I welcome any other suggestions that could lead to the resolution of this issue.
      you should move up to better dungeons. yellow zones are meant to be a transition period for people who are learning the basics of the game.

this game is all pvp in the end, if you are looking to mindlessly grind dungeons why dont you play wow or diablo or something of the like? albions PVE is hot garbage tbh.
      generic signature