What to do about crafting cartel?

• You do absolutly nothing. DEVs are like mafia themselfs profiting from broken economy. For years around 5-10 ppl control every single craft station in all cities. You caneasly find topics about it on forum or youtube. There were some ppl who tried to destroy that cartlen but when you have guilds protecting it + DEVs then you cant do shit.

Black market is patched every single time you actualy start doing some cash there - there was a news about it patched once again to 'balance inflation".

Effect is simple you who are new are in shit hole cant doing any real silver while old establishment mafia cash billions.

Check how expensive is auctioning for 1 spot and they buy ALL !! Literally billions of cash and since they control it their bidding is getting bonus.

What is strange that AO is marketing as "gamers economy" sandbox but DEVs do everythign they can to implement rules for mafia style control. They are either VERY VERY bad in economy and understanding own game crafting or they profit from it themself.

But really very long topic to discuss and there are many, many hours of content about it

AlbionTV even make itnervieew with cartel boss giving him chance to lie and bullshit us about it. But then Bogul himself was suddenly controling buildings in Carleon, fascinating.
    • Don’t craft at city stations if you can. Craft on your island. When shit is going to hit and it will sooner or later... the devs will have two choices: 1. Do nothing and let the game economy die; 2. Regulate the plot auctions and tax rates.

But then I might be wrong, I just started crafting. I craft on island or in BZ HOs, low tier so far and sell also in BZ.

Also, being a sandbox it mimics real life. Yeah, you guessed it nothing new to see here, move on.
      Ezekiel 25:17
    • Draedark wrote:

I craft on my own island, and I think a lot of people do. The profit margin may not be as high, but it is net positive.

In fairness I have never run the math to see how much difference it would make to use a city, so if someone has those numbers and would be willing to share I think that would be greatly appreciated.
      I find that up to T5 it generally makes sense to craft in your island. I use this method to determine which is best:

Go to the auction house and find what your product is going to be worth. Unless this is at least 6-7 times the fee then do it on your island.

Here is the reasoning for this:

If you make say 100 items, returned mats will make 15 more But.. You have to pay for making them also so ratio is about nearly 7 times you have to pay fee to get each extra. If the extra is not worth these 7 fees you have paid you lose money. If it is worth more you make money.
      Learn something new every day.
    • New

Forstrom wrote:

this should be regulated tbh, there should be a maximum of 1 station or 2 stations in different cities per account, the funniest part is that the ones that cash from this might be the ones that are the most suitable to start RMT and seems like sbi doesnt give a fuck
      Very easy to work around with alt accounts. It would change nothing.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • New

Nowdays you can only get a land plot with silver, the game could provide many others different ways too to get a land plot.

Eg.

1) If you help the faction of the city too much/ if you are in top tier of faction farm of week
      2) by lottery
      3) by winning some tier of gvg/arena or other kind of arena to fight for the city with faction
      4) by quests
      5) by killing many world bosses
      5) If you are in the top 1000 in leaderboards in week in something (like faction or others points), there will be a lottery to you get a land plot, with higher chance if you are on top.
      6) With system with a probability depending of donation, eg, 3 people donated for the city, person A donated 100k, Person B 50k, and Person C 50k, The person A will have a chance to get a land plot of 50%, and B and C will have a chance of 25%.
      7) by conquesting outposts
      8 )by transporting hearts
      9) If you find a letter inside a golden chest in a random dungeon, or in avalonian dungeon, giving the right to that land land plot.
      10) a mix of all/some ideas above. eg 3 land plots in martlock will have the mechanics of number "1" above, 5 land plots in martlock will have the number "2", 3 will have number "3",...

*the land plot adquired by thoses means should not be transfeable for others players, and must stay with a person for a limited time, if the player wants a land plot he must accept and pay some tax, if he does not, he can pass to the other person in the list.

and many others ideas we can think, that work different from only pay with silver.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Yiotoo ().

• New

Midgard wrote:

Forstrom wrote:

this should be regulated tbh, there should be a maximum of 1 station or 2 stations in different cities per account, the funniest part is that the ones that cash from this might be the ones that are the most suitable to start RMT and seems like sbi doesnt give a fuck
      >if it doesnt work easily then lets ignore it

fuck off lol, that mindsetting fucks up everything
    • New

Forstrom wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Forstrom wrote:

fuck off lol, that mindsetting fucks up everything
      he was just stating, as I did, that limiting per account would solve jack shit - on to the next idea is what I mean and I assume him too
    • New

Draedark wrote:

I craft on my own island, and I think a lot of people do. The profit margin may not be as high, but it is net positive.

In fairness I have never run the math to see how much difference it would make to use a city, so if someone has those numbers and would be willing to share I think that would be greatly appreciated.
      I did some calculations. If someone could confirm the calculations would be nice, maybe i made some mistake, if anyone knows math we could get the right calculation :)

Prices:
      T6 raw resource 1156 silver (used for craft)
      T5 refined resource 1494 silver (used for craft)
      T6 refined resource 3994 silver (to sell)

In the island, tax 0% and 50% return of resources. We will get 1870 silver per piece
      In city, tax 50% and 54% return of resources. We will get 2409 silver per piece
      In city, tax 224% and 54% return of resources. We will get 1870 silver per piece
      *I DID NOT PUT ON CALCULATION THE FOOD CONSUMED ON THE ISLAND!!!

Formula used:

It uses the formula of the sum of infinite geometric series while the ration are between 0 and 1
      mathsisfun.com/algebra/sequences-sums-geometric.html

there are 3 terms.

(summing) The first is the sum of geometric series for the resources being crafting in loop
      (subtracting) second are the prices of resources used, 1 refined T5 and 4 raw resources
      (subtracting) third is the tax, maybe it is wrong, the tax should be calculated with the production

The post was edited 7 times, last by Yiotoo ().

• New

Draedark wrote:

I have been doing something similar, but reverse engineering the numbers found in game. Silver cost of 4191 at 97% ~ 4320.

It would be nice to know where it come from though, ty!
      I did that also, for some refining, to confirm what I found in albion 2d. It was accurate. It think it is a table that de dev did by themself (with rusty calculations to not be unbalanced), the numbers are too round ending with zero

The post was edited 4 times, last by Yiotoo ().

• New

Forstrom wrote:

I didnt ignore your suggestion, i dismissed it out of hand because not only does it not work easily, it does not work at all.

There may be other solutions (thats if there is really a problem at all .. devs would probably say its working as intended in a player driven game)
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter