Battleaxe

• Can we talk a little about that crippled item?

Edit1: According to article aimed at Oct. 21 updat "This balance patch mainly focuses on Crystal League and ZvZ fights, and especially on improving various abilities and items which have been underperforming recently". Where does the Battleaxe perform?

Edit2: Suggestion: make Baxe's heal flat, not based on damage, reduce cd to ~10.

The post was edited 5 times, last by vomax ().

• Well, it´s just useless. It has no place in any kind of content.

And here is the copy paste

Battleaxe:
      415 damage,
      100% lifesteal if 3 bleeds on target.. So if target is wearing plate, that´s not much hp.
      15 seconds CD
      Melee range.
      Costs 55 energy

Broadsword:
      918 damage with 3 stacks.
      70 resistances increased 3 seconds after E is used
      Interrupts enemy spell casting
      10 seconds CD
      10 M range
      Deals damage even through windwall / fire wall and such
      Costs 35 energy

So making a bit more detailed comparison, both weapons are 1 hand.
      Axe has 50% less damage
      Axe has 50% higher Cooldown
      Axe has 58% higher energy consumption
      Axe has no resistances gained unlike sword which has 70 resistances for 3 seconds after E is used
      Axe is melee range unlike sword that has 10m range and deals damage upon pressing E, before the target even arrives to player, thus dealing damage through windwalls etc.
      Axes does not interrupt enemy casting, it has no utility.
      Axe has no movement ability, lacks gap closer, unlike sword.

What is good about axe over sword ? It has lifesteal which is dependant on damage done, and it won´t lost bleed stacks upon hitting the enemy. That is all. Useless

Also, what is wrong with energy consumptions of axes ?
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7

The post was edited 3 times, last by Borbarad ().

• I think a lot in battleaxe possible changes for the E spell, here are a few options.

1- Bonus movespeed of 4s (20~30%)
      2- Slow enemie (20-30%)
      3- Additional True Damage based on max HP (3~6%)
      4- fixed healing value, but CD reducing based on bleeding stacks.
      .0 stacks = 15 sec CD
      .1 stack = 13.5 sec CD
      .2 stacks = 12 sec CD
      .3 stacks = 10.5 sec CD
      5- Jump, with a faster animation than broadsword, but less distance (8m)
      6- A buff that gives you a good amount of CC resistance for 5s after the E spell.

All of that could work nice, with a cd and energy cost reduction also.
    • They could make it pretty awesome with a little tweek. As it is right now I can't find a use for it, tried it with attack speed and tanking. It's just not very good.

I could see it being pretty awesome if they changed the ability just a little bit.

Battleaxe:
      230 damage
      100% lifesteal
      No CD
      Requires three bleed stacks to cast
      Purges bleed stacks on cast
      Melee range.
      Cost 20 energy

No cooldown, activate on enemy with three bleed stacks. Removes bleed stacks to get healing buff and deal extra damage. Probably would need to drop the damage from 415 to 230 or so.

What do you all think? I'd use it. Could be fun to chain on mobs to get extra sustain. Wouldn't be great for single target.
    • Sock wrote:

They could make it pretty awesome with a little tweek. As it is right now I can't find a use for it, tried it with attack speed and tanking. It's just not very good.

I could see it being pretty awesome if they changed the ability just a little bit.

Battleaxe:
      230 damage
      100% lifesteal
      No CD
      Requires three bleed stacks to cast
      Purges bleed stacks on cast
      Melee range.
      Cost 20 energy

No cooldown, activate on enemy with three bleed stacks. Removes bleed stacks to get healing buff and deal extra damage. Probably would need to drop the damage from 415 to 230 or so.

What do you all think? I'd use it. Could be fun to chain on mobs to get extra sustain. Wouldn't be great for single target.
      I liked the idea, but i think this could be bugged when 1 or more axes are hitting an enemy.
    • I put in another thread if battleaxe "E" left a DOT "Gushing wound" or something that caused a bit of damage that would be good, or yes like broadsword lept to the target and did the damage it did now.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • I would agree that this is one of the biggest weapon buffs I have ever seen proposed. A massive CD reduction with a damage increase which both of those by default also provide a major healing increase. I do think the battle axe needs some love but this might be a little strong. Maybe just tweak the damage up slight more than proposed but keep the CD at 15 for starters? Something of that nature.
    • vomax wrote:

DaarioNaharis wrote:

I think this buff it's "too much".

With that, this will be the best 1v1 weapon for melee players.
      Good luck vs black hands, 1h daggers and stuff. You will be lucky if you will get a chance to touch them
      u just see the numbers

Mechanic of axe is, u need 3 stacks applied ..

Axe has a severe issue to stay on target

Claymore will runaround axe, hit this hit that get stacks..and will jump in your face..then dance around while axe trolls behind waiting for E-CD

This is no sides roller where 2 exchange blows..
    • DaarioNaharis wrote:

I think this buff it's "too much".

With that, this will be the best 1v1 weapon for melee players.
      Too much ? Guess you didn´t see the comparison of let´s say battleaxe and broadsword. This picture below is before this Buff, so as you see, this buffs goes in right direction, but it definitely isn´t " too much". It just makes it a Bit more viable than before.
      This is good. Rather than insanely buffing weapons, just buff them a bit here and there and see how it goes.

My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7