Roads are dead. Black zones are dead. SBI chooses to expand Royal Continent.

• SwoleBenji wrote:

As a solo I have zero reason to ever go to the black zone, red zone, or roads unless I'm looking to 1v3+ or "donate sets."

Why should I ever gather in the red or black zone when I can make MORE gathering in yellow zones with less travel time and less time spent running from 15 gankers with catch gear and ravens? Why should I go to roads (Which is a big system of choke points) where every other portal zone is filled with entire guilds also in catch gear?

"But going to black zones is worth it."

No it isn't. Not at all. I spreadsheet everything I do in this game and the time it takes to travel to those zones, the time it takes to run away, time it takes to find dungeons, etc make it so not worth it.

Is it worth it if you're in a guild that dominates the area? Sure.

"Just join a guild then."

No thanks. Every guild I've ever joined in any game has mistreated or used me as a cog in a machine and not as a person. Also, why would I want to give up guild level up rewards to some schmuck? I can make more farm / hr than red / black zones with gathering. I can grind faster fame / hr than HCE players doing solo group dungeons. There's just NO reason for me to ever go there unless I am looking to murder people, and it's always a group of 3 or more. Always.
      can you share your build? I'm interested about that, wanna have chance to do solo group dungeons.
      Thank you :)
    • SwoleBenji wrote:

As a solo I have zero reason to ever go to the black zone, red zone, or roads unless I'm looking to 1v3+ or "donate sets."

Why should I ever gather in the red or black zone when I can make MORE gathering in yellow zones with less travel time and less time spent running from 15 gankers with catch gear and ravens? Why should I go to roads (Which is a big system of choke points) where every other portal zone is filled with entire guilds also in catch gear?

No it isn't. Not at all. I spreadsheet everything I do in this game and the time it takes to travel to those zones, the time it takes to run away, time it takes to find dungeons, etc make it so not worth it.

No thanks. Every guild I've ever joined in any game has mistreated or used me as a cog in a machine and not as a person. Also, why would I want to give up guild level up rewards to some schmuck? I can make more farm / hr than red / black zones with gathering. I can grind faster fame / hr than HCE players doing solo group dungeons. There's just NO reason for me to ever go there unless I am looking to murder people, and it's always a group of 3 or more. Always.
      The part about guilds is so true :(
    • I agree on swole on this one, i once was farming om bz tier 6 to 7 and true enough the drop rate is better butbthere are times i get ganked or be chased while in transit to deposit my loot making me lose silver than gaining it. It trumps yellows and reds by a good margin but it is in no way consistent.i saw his vids on youtube, then decided to give it a try, it does lose a good amount of silver per hour but it is consistent of raising my own bank... Plus i get to wear kitted out gears making for faster runs xD also i noticed thaty the spawn of srds on yellow zones are far more faster or there are less people running em im not sure since i can run 3-5 srds in a span of 30minutes or less.. and mind you its near towns ... Soo less travel times
    • SwoleBenji wrote:

I agreed with everything until you said you earn fame quicker doing yellow five men solo. The amount you'd be spending in silver with an 8.3 bag would be ridiculous without picking any silver up.
    • RiverReign wrote:

I'm fairly new and just starting to get into red zones.

That being said I get why so many avoid full loot pvp, especially newer people that don't have multiple sets of decent gear lying about.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy PvP... but losing all of your gear when you die means you pretty much never get to use decent gear in the "badlands" until you are pretty far along and have multiple extra decent sets lying around.

I remember this from the Ultima Online days... (which I enjoyed a lot). Of course, there it was a simple matter to get to where you could craft a full set of decent gear.

Of course, I preferred the AC darktide method... you drop your X most valuable items... so while dying sucked in pvp you could still run around with solid gear as long as you made sure to carry some valuable loot just in case you got jumped. And, of course, dungeon runs were common because you wanted to make sure and have some shiny items you didn't need on hand at all times in case you ran into trouble.

I guess that is neither here nor there... can't wait to see how red and black zones work. Finally to the point where I can craft a set of throw away t4 or t5 gear to go exploring in. Still... loved how darktide dealt with looting on death a lot more than how UO did.
      sorry, that is bullshit..

Stalker dungeon cost are almost free

T5 let gut crossbow currently 3.5 k silver
      T4.1 torch 1.5 k silver
      Giga boots 2 k
      Guardian helmet 2k
      Cape 1 k
      Pots 10 k
      Horse 12

Total: 32 k

If u cannot create 10 of this sets within 30 mins u do something wrong
    • What if devs could rework whole albion continent and swap royals with outlands, so bigger royals with a lot of low tier resources and smaller outlands with some hight tir resources instead of having that big ass map.High tier resources would rise up and low tier resources would go down, making bz more populated. + high tier resources would rise in market.