Roads are dead. Black zones are dead. SBI chooses to expand Royal Continent.

• BZ in general is trash. If you go solo you are guaranteed to be ganked at some point by a group of 3 - 10 players or sometimes more when certain alliances decide they are going to camp a chain of zones entrances and exits so if you get away from 1 group you are running into another. If you bring a larger group you are likely to attract some of the top alliances who will gank you in 8.3 gear and all gear specs maxed. So even then it is not even a fair fight. No matter what any player is KOS.

This is a horrible system as it never incentivizes people to go to the BZ to just be killed. People act like BZ is the best place to be but in fact you can make infinite guaranteed income with 0 losses in yellow zones, especially from corrupted dungeons which easily net you over 1m /hr on average, even more if you get lucky with insight bag drops.

What this game needs is a punishment system for unconsented pvp.

• If a player attacks another player who never fights back they should receive a penalty for killing someone who did not fight back.
      • This penalty is in the form of a bounty + debuff upon killing t0o many players who did not fight back, which is not time limited (ie if they kill 5 players who do not fight back they get a penalty, no matter what duration it took to kill those 5 players).
      • As such a player who has a bounty is shown on the map at all times until they are killed or farm enough fame to remove the bounty. However entry into corrupted dungeons, hideouts, and towns also becomes blocked (as well as access to any chests in BZ) to prevent hiding from players, safely grinding out the fame, or swapping gear on your character so you can be killed with 0 actual penalty.
      • Players who die from unconsented pvp only lose half of the items they have on death, meaning it is potentially possible to be killed and not lose any of the gear they are wearing, if they are carrying a large amount of varying items.
      • Likewise players killed in unconsented pvp should reward the PKer with less combat fame than if the player was killed in consented pvp
      • Players who kill someone with a bounty not only get the rewards of the gear they are wearing, but also tokens which can be exchanged with bounty hunters in the royal continent cities for rewards, which can be dropped upon death.
      This is a far better system, and makes consented pvp in the BZ a far better option rather than KOS anyone who enters the zone your alliance is camping in. All players can benefit from irregular non-consented pvp with a surplus of consented pvp. If the BZ is just going to be about mindless murder of anyone you see with 0 repercussions then statistically very few players are ever going to go there, and a larger portion who do will be gathering cause its easier to escape and the profit potential is much higher than ganking.

• Now with this change making consensual pvp the desired result, it is also probably a good idea to nerf mobility across the board so that if a player engages in pvp, it is very unlikely they will be able to run away
      • To prevent zerging or outnumbered pvp apply a penalty reducing damage done to any alliance members in a zone whose member count is greater than the amount of opposing players who are not in the same alliance
      • If Alliance 1 bring 5 people into a zone, and there are 4 people of different alliances in the zone, Alliance 1 will receive a nerf to the damage they do because they outnumber all other alliances present.
      • Likewise if alliance 1 brings 5 and Alliance 2 in the zone also has 5, there will be no penalty, but if Alliance 2 only has 4 people, then Alliance 1 will receive a damage penalty.
      • A player who is dismounted should have all their skills available instantly, instead of having to wait 5 seconds to actually fight the people ganking them. 5 Seconds is so long that you will be dead before you can even attempt to escape.
      • Poison Potions should not reveal players who go into stealth / are invisible. This removes an entire source of escape from players as poison potions are used instantly to prevent you from going invisible.
      • Stun Immunity should be granted to players upon recovering from a stun automatically with subsequent stuns after having less duration (ie increase the players cc resistance). It is not uncommon for a player to be chain stunned after being dismounted.
      • Claws disembowel should not be able to be chained by different players in a group indefinitely in order to permanently root a player in place. Change claws Disembowel to give the player they attack 5 second root immunity.
      When full loot pvp is essentially the only thing driving this entire game, the goal is to encourage as many players as possible to participate in said activity. However the reality is that most players stay in blue or yellow zones cause realistically there is no reason to venture further. It doesn't matter how good the rewards are in BZ, technically a lot of the BZ zones have been nerfed compared to when the game first came out. I remember when Mercia had zones with over 30% chance for higher tier resources, and people actually wanted to go to the BZ for those. Now it is only really worth doing bz in 4.1 or 5.1 gear to counter losses if you die, or instead just gathering and making greater profit. Even better to do BZ CD's right outside of the BZ towns cause it is almost 0 risk if you run a rat build, which will not be nerfed in any way by increasing the hp of the crystals. In fact it is more beneficial, cause regardless of whether or not players will still destroy the crystals in 6 or less hits, the invaders will be rushing to the person destroying the crystal and be getting hit by mobs on the way, actually making it easier to kill the invader even with a pve based set.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Shiroken ().

• @Georg51 It would seem that your philosophy of living 100% on the roads is playing an equal part in keeping yourself segregated from the other players. May I suggest that having too much focus on only one aspect of the game may not be able to sustain your fun factor for long, and that consideration to participate in some the other content would seem appropriate.
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!
    • OP wants more content aka suckers. He wants to have it all on a silver plate. Why there are no n00bz there for him to have his content? That’s the real question.

@SBI have all your items trash if you have to pvp vs more than 2. Problem solved. Items trashed, economy is ok. Big brave 10 vs 1 pvpers have to really work for silver? Problem solved.
      Ezekiel 25:17
    • We got dived today by 7 Newbys in group dungeon today. Easy Kills.
      Later we wiped 7 Guys, than 3 Sloths and again the 7 guys.
      Also killed some gankers on our way from A to B.
      Loot was very good in roads for 4 guys. We enjoyed and totally not dead.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Did roads with my group since it was released and had some good fights in it but most of the time its really hit or miss like everything in albion.

Forcing royal players into full loot pvp wont change anything. This was talked about so much in the past i think we can move on.

Fokus right now seems to be corrupted dung you can clearly see it in the patchnotes. The only thing road players get is fishing "yikes".

They have created a good base for small scale pvp i hope they realize it and expand on this.
    • Draedark wrote:

@Georg51 It would seem that your philosophy of living 100% on the roads is playing an equal part in keeping yourself segregated from the other players. May I suggest that having too much focus on only one aspect of the game may not be able to sustain your fun factor for long, and that consideration to participate in some the other content would seem appropriate.
      We've actually moved our operations largely outside of the roads now, focusing on rz and bz ganking and bomb squads.

Its kinda disheartening for us how the small scale pvp content in the roads is so scarce and hard to find. Most of the time were just running through zones and finding no more than the occasional solo gatherer.

I think the roads offer the best opportunities for small scale but it needs tweaking.

The black zones are 90% dead though. Hideouts pretty much ruined open world BZ content.
      Evil is Good

https://discord.gg/SUYJyeC
    • Georg51 wrote:

Draedark wrote:

@Georg51 It would seem that your philosophy of living 100% on the roads is playing an equal part in keeping yourself segregated from the other players. May I suggest that having too much focus on only one aspect of the game may not be able to sustain your fun factor for long, and that consideration to participate in some the other content would seem appropriate.
      We've actually moved our operations largely outside of the roads now, focusing on rz and bz ganking and bomb squads.
      Its kinda disheartening for us how the small scale pvp content in the roads is so scarce and hard to find. Most of the time were just running through zones and finding no more than the occasional solo gatherer.

I think the roads offer the best opportunities for small scale but it needs tweaking.

The black zones are 90% dead though. Hideouts pretty much ruined open world BZ content.
      There are guilds that live on the roads and have hideouts in the roads. So if there is no content around them they simply do not play in the roads at all, or log onto alts who are not in the roads and play them instead. It is essentially the same as BZ hence why PvP in BZ or Roads is hit or miss. You either find solo gatherers, or you find and army.

It's whatever. This game will be dead when Ashes of Creation releases, since they actually know how to do a game around full loot pvp.
    • what to say.
      gathering are dead..
      new map sucks
      roads make caravans 0 risk.
      too many HO
      terri has 0 value
      ZVZ que fiesta
      solo dungeons ? dead you added dumb 90 sec protection then you cant dive. another aspect of pvp are dead.
      corupted and crystals are only good things.
      ALBION BECOME TOO MUCH NOOB FRIENDLY.
      maybe if will be there 1 ho per cluster per guild. not 1 ho on whole server..

The post was edited 2 times, last by deenne ().

• Shiroken wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

Draedark wrote:

We've actually moved our operations largely outside of the roads now, focusing on rz and bz ganking and bomb squads.Its kinda disheartening for us how the small scale pvp content in the roads is so scarce and hard to find. Most of the time were just running through zones and finding no more than the occasional solo gatherer.

There are guilds that live on the roads and have hideouts in the roads. So if there is no content around them they simply do not play in the roads at all, or log onto alts who are not in the roads and play them instead. It is essentially the same as BZ hence why PvP in BZ or Roads is hit or miss. You either find solo gatherers, or you find and army.
      It's whatever. This game will be dead when Ashes of Creation releases, since they actually know how to do a game around full loot pvp.
      Well, I usually just do solo content and play corrupted. But it bored me off as 80% no fight not even name tag - just crystal gone..well nevermind different design issue..

Now to roads..

So I travelled roads and went from one portal to next, looking for solo content in the roads, not gathering though...

4 hours I did this from 2 hours after reboot to 6 hours. I used a t3 horse ..

2 gank trys, during that time. One 5 man group arch alliance and a duo that did Avalonian camps..

None catched me, I passed like 50 maps..

Then I looked for solo content as roads, that's for solo player or small guilds right?

So I did some Avalonian camps.. boring AF, fame medium at best, the chests ..medium loot..

Bottom line, corrupted much better and much easier to consume..

Then I found some SRD, that content was good, these don't lock. In each I found a player, had a fight ..I used 4.1 and quarier boots.. killed him easy geared up to 8.0 in some parts..

Found 2 other are, killed players inside too.. was actually good, so made a quest from t4.1 to t8 in roads. Worked almost, except weapon. Didn't find one with a useful weapon, but could update my quarier boots from 4.1 to 6.2..

Long story short, the best part and solo content in roads was diving SRD.

No the big issue, it feels like just 1% of the roads has an SRD, and this is often not even there..

People play this content as they life obviously there, but it is too less

My proposal to make roads better: More SRD or on Top give people the option to seed their roads map where their hide is with SRDs. Create items u put in the map that spawns at the map for 48 hours SRDs..
    • you jsut need to find hideout zone in roads and u can camp ppl there. WHats the problem? Imo black zones and roads are balanced now. If you need content just use portals that are connected iwth royal continent most of them are busy. Dont forget that most road runenrs are rich so they will be running with sets worth over 500k+ if its not enough for you, you just should try to gank in red zones instead. Its not that hard to teleport to royal city and re-gear for ganks.
    • i personally run with sets worth 600k t8 Bow set for solo clear speed or 1 mil t6.2 nature healing set for group content in the roads.
      and i can honestly say that since there is no IP cap in the roads so running better gear is a must to take on ava t8 chests (solo and group)

and this is considered cheap considering i make on average of 400k if i am unlucky or more than 2 mil per hour on good days.

running in groups is even better with us clocking in on average of 12 mil per hour as 5 man doing blue chests and getting t6 ava relics left right and center

pretty sure larger guilds has better efficiency strategy but being able to replace your whole sets in a matter of 2 hours and possibly getting those juicy pvp kills is just icing on top of the cake

and trust me roads help build confidence in pvp too because unlike black zone reinforcements are not infinite (looking at you arch)
    • The_Support_God wrote:

i personally run with sets worth 600k t8 Bow set for solo clear speed or 1 mil t6.2 nature healing set for group content in the roads.
      and i can honestly say that since there is no IP cap in the roads so running better gear is a must to take on ava t8 chests (solo and group)

and this is considered cheap considering i make on average of 400k if i am unlucky or more than 2 mil per hour on good days.

running in groups is even better with us clocking in on average of 12 mil per hour as 5 man doing blue chests and getting t6 ava relics left right and center

pretty sure larger guilds has better efficiency strategy but being able to replace your whole sets in a matter of 2 hours and possibly getting those juicy pvp kills is just icing on top of the cake

and trust me roads help build confidence in pvp too because unlike black zone reinforcements are not infinite (looking at you arch)
      Totally true. I love the juicy Road Guys. Last time we catched one on a T7 Armored Horse :D
      Roads are very nice content. And as also mentioned multiple times you will need more royal zones if Albion hits PlayStore.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Georg51 wrote:

This is exactly the opposite of what we are finding. We have no issues finding fights from 11:00 UTC to 21:00 UTC. You must be looking in all the wrong places.

The roads are great for 4-7 player content. They don't need tweaking for PvP.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.