Dev Talk: Development Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dev Talk: Development Update

The Rise of Avalon update went live on August 12, 2020, bringing the Roads of Avalon, Corrupted Dungeons, and much more to the world of Albion. In this Dev Talk, Game Director Robin Henkys gives an update about the current state of the game as well as a preview of what's coming next.

Note: this video includes optional subtitles for all our currently supported Western languages.

No time to watch the video, or prefer a translated summary? Click here: albiononline.com/news/devtalk-development-update
    • Hype!

Will it fix the current small scale & solo poke Meta??

People on super mobility ready to disengage as soon as 20% health dropped, run, heal reset, 20 times till you are bored and finally walk to the crystal your self to end the infinite resets?

Will there be finally a true solo pvp battleground that is not limited to Duells? Right now, I dunno if you read the forum to that level of detail there is a huge discussion who rats whom... Basically pve players meet pvp players in CRD and both claim they belong here, and one doesn't want the other in there..but the reward.. one loves to avoid PvP but wants the pvp reward, one wants to fight and hates the breaking crystals.. either crd gets more pvp focus or the pvp player need a 1 on 1 hg that is really focused on pvp..

What about faster balance reworks? Right now in small scale balance really could be optimized..

Will this update take care of it?
    • Bogul wrote:

I'll say it: Hellgates!

.. but what about them?
      My guess is : Improving fame / loot, possibly adding t8 tier just like in CD, adding more traps etc.

For the logic and reason is simple : 5 v 5 should yield highest fame / loot, 2 v 2 less than that, 1 v 1 less than that.

Due to release of CD and it´s nice rewards and such, it´s much more comfortable doing than 2 v 2, 5 v 5, and it yields i assume better rewards. So either nerf 1 v 1 loot and fame, or buff others or increase difficulity and thus loot and fame.

Of course, then you have HCE, which devaluates pvp content and rest of the content in the game, but that´s how it goes.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Bogul wrote:

.. but what about them?
      My guess is : Improving fame / loot, possibly adding t8 tier just like in CD, adding more traps etc.
      For the logic and reason is simple : 5 v 5 should yield highest fame / loot, 2 v 2 less than that, 1 v 1 less than that.

Due to release of CD and it´s nice rewards and such, it´s much more comfortable doing than 2 v 2, 5 v 5, and it yields i assume better rewards. So either nerf 1 v 1 loot and fame, or buff others or increase difficulity and thus loot and fame.

Of course, then you have HCE, which devaluates pvp content and rest of the content in the game, but that´s how it goes.
      doubt that

5 vs 5 content top is crystal, try hard is 5hg black, and casual is yellow, still full loot

They address in the 5 on 5 maximum 3-5 % of player base. You need 5 people ..these need train..that's no "to go" content for a relatively low player base..

I assume the focus is 2 hg and they add solo gates..as CRD cannot be taken away from pve player without people go bazooka..

The hg will be buffed..fame and drop wise..

Only problem..then SRD is more or less even more dead content as of today..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

Bogul wrote:

.. but what about them?
      My guess is : Improving fame / loot, possibly adding t8 tier just like in CD, adding more traps etc.For the logic and reason is simple : 5 v 5 should yield highest fame / loot, 2 v 2 less than that, 1 v 1 less than that.

doubt that
      5 vs 5 content top is crystal, try hard is 5hg black, and casual is yellow, still full loot

They address in the 5 on 5 maximum 3-5 % of player base. You need 5 people ..these need train..that's no "to go" content for a relatively low player base..

I assume the focus is 2 hg and they add solo gates..as CRD cannot be taken away from pve player without people go bazooka..

The hg will be buffed..fame and drop wise..

Only problem..then SRD is more or less even more dead content as of today..
      Solo random dungeons are dead?! Lol umm I know of a few guild mates who will run flat t7 and make easy 400mil a week lmao there fine. It's a mmo not a moba so I don't think every single bit of content has to be a forced pvp exposer some people just ain't as sweaty as us that live for the pvp. I'd rather not see pve players they tend to turn into rats that just waste time when you want pvp.
    • Hohange wrote:

Stop spreading lias.@agonyclutch there is no way to make 400m fame or 400m siliver with solos in a week!
      I think if u run SRD in the roads it is possible to make 400m silver a week. The think is loot is RNG based so if u open 2 or 3 chest and get nothing that the impression u will get, they are not worth, but the think is that u get more rolls in a SRD than corrupted, loot in roads is 610% so I really think its pretty possible.
    • I hope the devs change the current trend of flagging for each city in a row capturing the outposts and then flagging for a different city to recapture them once again. I know there is barely any lore in this game compared to other mmorpgs but I would appreciate if there was more incentive to truly fight for a city rather than simply switching sides so easily. And caerleon needs some love too!
    • I love the changes made to the disarray, however I'm concerned that now nuke squads won't consist of Brimstone players, but rather a Halberd playing with T8.3 gear running inside an enemy zerg and wrecking havoc. (Similar to how players with Hellion Jacket are abusing the system now)

Since you are making this change, can we finally remove AoE escalation? This has been destroying zvz fights for a long time now.