Draedark's Ultimate Albion Online PvP Challenge!

• Draedark's Ultimate Albion Online PvP Challenge!

To end the circular debate on who is the greatest PvP player in all of Albion online, and who are the rats I present to you my Ultimate Albion Online PvP Challenge!

If ye doubt your strength or your courage, then read no further. For death surely awaits you,with nasty sharp pointy teeth (aka a rat!).

The rules of the challenge are as follows:
      1. Start your favorite screen recording software (Shadow Play, OBS, etc.) and record your Albion Online session.
      2. Create a brand new character. This can be on your main account or on a secondary one, it matters not.
      3. Once the character is created, uncheck "Play Tutorial" and enter the game. You may choose any starting city you want.
      4. You may not duel, group or trade with other players, you may not talk to any NPCs, etc. You must leave the city immediately.
      5. Throughout the challenge, you may not duel, group or trade with any other players. You may not talk to any NPCs. You may not kill any mobs.
      6. Once out, make your way to the nearest Red Zone.
      7. Once you have made it into the nearest Red Zone, you must PvP flag. You may not unflag for any reason from this point forward.
      8. From your current Red Zone, you may only travel to other Red Zones.
      9. The only loot you may pick up is that from any players that you have killed solo with this character.
      10. The only gear you may equip and use is that you loot from any players that you have killed solo with this character.
      11. You may not pick up loot or gear that is dropped by mobs or left by kills other players have made or kills other players have assisted with.
      12. The first time you die, the challenge is over. This is because releasing will take you back into a city / non PvP zone.
      13. Once you release and are back at a city, check your stats. Make sure to record your total infamy, kills, and deaths.
      14. You may stop recording.
      15. Submit your video evidence to a panel of experts (me) for review and final judgement.

The player who can reach the highest score (solo infamy x # of solo kills / # of deaths) will be declared the winner and the greatest Albion Online PvPer of all time!

All submissions must be made prior to the October 21st Brimstone & Mist update

So, are you a PvPer or are you a RAT?!?!?!?!

P.S. Feel free to discuss the rules you like or dislike and the best strategy you think would work in the comments below!
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Draedark: 1. some formatting and words generally have spaces between them 2. added deadline of the October 21st Brimstone & Mist update ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

Sounds like a load of impossible to me. lets say hypnotically you manage to kill someone. how are you going to equip your loot on a brand new character. not to mention you have no mount, cannot kill mobs to gain pve fame to equip stuff nor craft t2 gear.
      show how you do it before you post such a challenge i want to see how u get it done.
      I do as well, or at the very least i would love to hear from others how they would attempt such a feat.

Thanks for the reply!
    • Just a fair warning, the essence of the challenge is to show how far you can advance your character through only full loot PvP. If someone partakes in the challenge but violates the spirit of the challenge by coming up with a loop hole not explicitly covered in the rules, they will be disqualified.

The final judge will be me, so if you are in doubt please feel free to ask first!
    • Draedark wrote:

I do as well, or at the very least i would love to hear from others how they would attempt such a feat.
      Its impossible. Literally. You will arrive in a pvp zone, naked, zero skill, zero gear, and unable to do anything (gain pve fame) or equip any gear, even if you were given it.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

Draedark wrote:

Its impossible. Literally. You will arrive in a pvp zone, naked, zero skill, zero gear, and unable to do anything (gain pve fame) or equip any gear, even if you were given it.
      Is it truly impossible, or just the Ultimate PvP Challenge? (see what I did there). It cannot be labeled a PvP challenge if there is any unecessary non PvP activities being done by the participants!

Thanks for the replies!
    • Cannot be done, Now if you said we could level to atleast t4 and then delete all gear that we got to get to t4 than go to a red zone naked and allowed us to pickup other peoples kills and gear then maybe this could be done but its really kind of a half baked Iron Man challenage without even allowing us to craft or gather or pve. Without some pve there is no pvp in albion. Its a balance in a way.
    • If I knew there was a good reward for this, I would convince a friend to meet me in a red zone with a T2, T3 , T4 set, and 6 tomes of insight in his inventory. I would pay him to go down to mobs, and I would swoop in for the execute. Of course, this would appear in my video as a lucky mishap that I stumbled upon.

Then the real pvp challenge could start.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

If I knew there was a good reward for this, I would convince a friend to meet me in a red zone with a T2, T3 , T4 set, and 6 tomes of insight in his inventory. I would pay him to go down to mobs, and I would swoop in for the execute. Of course, this would appear in my video as a lucky mishap that I stumbled upon.

yeah this is like the only way by the rules given to pull this off.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

If I knew there was a good reward for this, I would convince a friend to meet me in a red zone with a T2, T3 , T4 set, and 6 tomes of insight in his inventory. I would pay him to go down to mobs, and I would swoop in for the execute. Of course, this would appear in my video as a lucky mishap that I stumbled upon.

Good thought, but this would disqualify you from looting him as you did not defeat the player in solo PvP combat if they were first downed by mobs.

I think the best one could do would be to get a group of folks to go out and do this together and have a big naked battle royale in the red zone, but that again would also disqualify all participants for attempting to rig the competition.
    • Neef wrote:

Cannot be done, Now if you said we could level to atleast t4 and then delete all gear that we got to get to t4 than go to a red zone naked and allowed us to pickup other peoples kills and gear then maybe this could be done but its really kind of a half baked Iron Man challenage without even allowing us to craft or gather or pve. Without some pve there is no pvp in albion. Its a balance in a way.
      Those four little words gamers love to hear (and prove wrong) "It cannot be done."

That sounds like a challenge, where are Albion's Ultimate PvPers!?!?!?!?!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Draedark ().

• Draedark wrote:

Those four little words gamers love to hear (and prove wrong) "It cannot be done."
      Seriously. You cant do any pve or kill mobs, therefore can gain zero combat fame. What youre asking is that people go to a full loot zone, and attack people naked, with bare hands, zero fame in any skill and actually kill them. What youre asking isnt hard, or difficult, it literally is impossible, and only an idiot would even try.

Nice try at creating content and I give you credit for that, but seriously, youve not thought it our properly .. go back to the drawing board and come up with something thats actually possible.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Draedark wrote:

Good thought, but this would disqualify you from looting him as you did not defeat the player in solo PvP combat if they were first downed by mobs.
      I would say the ultimate PvPer should be skilled enough to utilize their environment to win their fights. Dragging people through aggro, wolf-howls, exploding bats, etc. All of that can be done without attacking mobs directly... and I would personally consider it as outplaying the opponent.

What about HGs and porting to the Roads? Is the ultimate PvPer supposed to be limited solely to red zones?

T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • Midgard wrote:

What youre asking is that people go to a full loot zone, and attack people naked, with bare hands, zero fame in any skill and actually kill them.
      OP didn't say anything about destroying hidden chests... sometimes there is T2 gear in them. :whistling:

"You may not pick up loot or gear that is dropped by mobs or left by kills other players have made or kills other players have assisted with."

T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec