Cant seem to oneshot with dagger pairs

• Cant seem to oneshot with dagger pairs

Hi I have been playing for awhile now and decided to level up my dagger pairs for a fun one-shot build, but no matter what I do I cant seem to do enough damage (even if they don't have any defensives up), it usually just leaves me at half hp with all abilities on cool down.

I have tried

Dagger pair - Royal hood - Mage robe - Hellion shoes (1)

and

Dagger pair - Stalker hood - Assassin Jacket - Hellion shoes

And considering the build I have now (1) I should do:

(288 (Forbidden Stab) * 1.18 (Assassin Spirit) * 1.4 (Mark of Sacrifice) + 1512 (Slit Throat) * 1.18 (Assassin Spirit) * 1.4 (Mark of Sacrifice))/(1 + (1.5 (50 Armor) * 0.6 (Forbidden Stab)/100)) = 2947

(288 * 1.18 * 1.4 + 1512 * 1.18 * 1.4)/(1 + (1.5*0.6/100)) = 2947

But I always do like 1000-1500, and I don't know why.

(Would also love some insight into how I can counter play defensives since it seems like I just have to hope they don't have it, maybe trying to bait them out before going into a fight? But then they just kill me because I loose 1v1 without my buff and slit throat. Purge maybe?)

Thanks in advance!
    • Full leather would be about 60 if I am correct. Which means that the reduction would be (if my calculations are correct)
      (1 + (1.6 (50 Armor) * 0.6 (Forbidden Stab)/100)) = 1.0096 = 0.0096% reduction

I should be able to one-shot someone without defensives since I have seen people talking about it online (maybe my build is incorrect?)
    • Bro can i ask is this in corrupted dungeons or open world?. in open world with no ip cap one shotting seems fine but in corrupted one shoting has been nerfed to some extent with IP soft caps.
      brimstone still works fine *wink wink*
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Hyteel wrote:

Full leather would be about 60 if I am correct. Which means that the reduction would be (if my calculations are correct)
      (1 + (1.6 (50 Armor) * 0.6 (Forbidden Stab)/100)) = 1.0096 = 0.0096% reduction

I should be able to one-shot someone without defensives since I have seen people talking about it online (maybe my build is incorrect?)
      I'm not sure what that formula is, but armor is calculated as such:
      Actual Damage = Damage / (1 + (armor / 100))

Hence for example if you have 180 armor (Moderate spec leather jacket, roughly 64-65% damage reduction), a 2500 damage hit would be reduced to 892. Stalker hood cuts back somewhere in the ballpark of half of this reduction.

On the topic of oneshotting, it generally doesn't happen in practice unless you well outgear your target. You'll probably also need higher spec, 1.5k IP on a dagger pair gets a little over 2k base damage on slit throat, which with modifiers goes to well over 3k damage.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dredi: Adding stuff ().

• This is in corrupted dungeons (I am under 900 IP)
      And would it not be:

I did not know that moderate armor was 180...

Then that would mean that my combo does:

2947/(1 + (180*0.6)/100) = 1416 dmg

Are the dual daggers useless in corrupted dungeons then?
    • Dagger pairs are average at best, not because the damage is low, but because it's very predictable and very easy to counter. Especially in corrupted dungeons, almost everyone will have some form of answer to it. They're best used as a surprise, rather than in a closed arena format. Black hands work in a similar way, but it purges the target, making them far more effective, despite the lower damage.
    • You can try some of these:
      albionstats.com/solo/top-builds/2H_IRONGAUNTLETS_HELL

You'll wanna spec 700/700 eventually anyway if you're running daggers so you'll need that dagger pair spec either way.

By the way, bloodletters and 1h daggers are also very good if not better than both black hands and dagger pairs. They have a different playstyle, but something you'll probably wanna check out too.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dredi ().