Testserver Patch Notes - Rise of Avalon Patch 7

• JikiBoo wrote:

What do you all think about lifesteal foods. Are they going to replace beef stews for example? So far it seems like so and its useless to raise cows anymore. Rather start growing pigs for lifesteal food + pork pies.
      umm not really I think in 5's content and the smaller content other than cd the only wep that truly get the full value of this food is fire axe and curse since they have there dot trigger on one second ticks other than the curse so curse doesn't get as much value but they don't value a ton from stew either since it's low damage numbers the percentage isn't much value compared to getting almost a nature heal when they stack up 5 people and heal from all 5 people cursed stacked.
    • agonyclutch wrote:

JikiBoo wrote:

What do you all think about lifesteal foods. Are they going to replace beef stews for example? So far it seems like so and its useless to raise cows anymore. Rather start growing pigs for lifesteal food + pork pies.
      umm not really I think in 5's content and the smaller content other than cd the only wep that truly get the full value of this food is fire axe and curse since they have there dot trigger on one second ticks other than the curse so curse doesn't get as much value but they don't value a ton from stew either since it's low damage numbers the percentage isn't much value compared to getting almost a nature heal when they stack up 5 people and heal from all 5 people cursed stacked.
      I mean at about the same IP level the health pool of opponents in CD's is about the same.
      12.5% healing from 3k dealt damage is the same number no matter if its dealt with DoTs or direct damage.
      The only place i could see it be useful is in the case that your opponent has sustain and you basically have more HP to leech.
      Otherwise beef stew or omelettes ot the same tier have up to ~3% better impact on the battle.

This is gonna be a banger for solo PvE and ZvZ though.
    • It will be great for fun moments.

1v1 its crap. But for small scale content, or fight of 1 against many will be much more interesting.

I like fighting outnumbered fights, and if its like 1 v 5 or 1 v 10, or 4 v 15 - this lifesteal will really shine there. Now the numbers will not have the ultimate advantage, which is very good.

This might also affect people with better gear - suddenly, 8.3 might put more fight against 4.1 shitters due to lifesteal.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

lifesteal roast + specter jacket = love.
      That seems a bit OP to me. Lifesteal does not cause healing sickness and is not reduced by healing sickness if i recall correctly, and my guess is that specter jacket will be fixed that it wont offer lifesteal, otherwise yep - it would be stronk, way too stronk.
      And stalker jacket might see more play because of this.
      Nerf my jacket again and I will end you.
    • JikiBoo wrote:

Somehow feels like people are saying lifesteal food isnt good just so they can "dominate" market and have less competition making lifesteal food :D i bet they have been stacking materials now. Buying all resources they can cheap now etc. :D
      best part about it is sbi knows the cancer is about to hit but they just want a different meta instead of making a counter now they are gonna wait since guardian helm is so shit they just grinning waiting for all the rage. Then they will rework guardian helm and sell it as a content update haha
    • New

Axxe wrote:

ThirdEyePULSE wrote:

Axxe wrote:

I just don't like that my crossbow is getting nerfed lmao. Just going to stick with auto fire then.
      On a side note, I really hate it that when I kill a cursed staff user I don't get to loot him, since it takes 2 minutes to get back up after you die to his dots. I've had this happen to me a lot now, also against other builds actually.
      Only nerf I see for crossbows is explosive bolt range is going from 15m to 13m and Weeping Repeater E damage is going down by 40. Is there something I'm missing here because it doesn't seem game breaking. Kiting will be a little bit harder and bows will have a upper hand but thats about it.
      It's just something I don't like, as a crossbow user. I know that tweaking ranges on weapons will drastically change weapon interactions between eachother, it's just something with very big implications. It's not just: "oh, it's just 2m how is it that big of a nerf lol stop QQ", when in reality changing the range of weapons and abilities is extremely impactful. I am grateful that they did not nerf anything else, but the nerf to the most used ability on crossbowss is pretty damn significant, and will make it a lot easier to avoid poke for most ranged weapons, and for melee users to get in and do their thing without getting chipped beforehand. It might be annoying at the high levels of corrupted dungeons, I don't know, but from 0-250k infamy, I have not seen any issues with crossbows, except for the people that just run in circles at range not realizing the crossbow is a ranged weapon lol. The weapon will still have zero mobility and now less range to play around. I always found the crossbows to be a tactical weapon where you need to find the right positions to work from, and if you don't you are basically dead without help. I wonder which part of the game this change is meant to be, because crossbows are not even the best CD weapon, and it wouldn't warrant such a nerf. Just reduce the damage on Q by 10%.
      I agree with you. Especially in CD crossbow is such a risky weapon to play. You either kill or be killed. The option to choose your fights is almost nonexistent. Limiting our range is crazy. Bow will almost always win a fight with us now. Especially with their new knockback skill. Melee can get in there and do its dirty work. I'm starting to question the advantage of playing crossbow. Zero mobility. Now not even that good of range. Bow looks a lot better with recent buffs and their range that can literally hit me when I don't even see them on my screen.
    • New

Maybe you crossbow players should play a different weapon, than you wouldn´t be making posts like these. Crossbows are brutally strong.

Like the poster above me is completely delusional. He wants to compete in dps with immobile Turret that is supposed to have one of the highest damage without ANY mobility ? Come on bruh.
      And you know what ? Crossbow obliterates bow Hard. One purge, mage robe, or fiend cowl, and the bow just Dies. Easy.

If you complain how crossbows are weak, why don´t you try playing curse, axes, fire, spears, staffs, bows, maces ? Try it and i doubt you will complain about crossbows afterwards :D

Crossbows are just a joke. Insanely strong aoe Q, absolutely brutall strong single target Q that you can´t even outrun by going away from range, passive that resets your Q. Xbow E that isn´t seen as a debuff ( bug), with high range, zero skillshot, non reflectable, aoe damage - like what the hell mate ?. And boltcasters that now do not even trigger mage robe ( bug ). Weeping damage was nerfed, and no wonder - that thing was way too strong. Non reflectable, super simple weapon to play, and you can just easily boost it afterwards.

Crossbows are so strong to the point that it´s like a spit in faces of players who use different weapons. The amount of skill required to play crossbow is pretty much none, and it´s not fun when you get obliterated because of these weapons. Non skillshots should never deal that much damage.
    • New

Crossbows have really strong Q. both rapid fire and explosive shot. Explosive shot is spammable and has one of highest aoe damage potential in game. Now if you combo it with passive to reset Q. you are basically turret spamming aoe with high damage. Its very easy to hit also. You can shoot it while moving. Basically its all you need on whole crossbow kit to outdamage all other dps in pve / pvp over time.

Now "no mobility". Thats maybe because you are so fixed on Eraser on W... I mean you have knockback shot which is stupidly strong and its used on multiple corrupted dungeon builds. Also caltrops is underrated ability. That slow is strong and its duration isnt short either. Also its semi spammable ability (combos well with Q reset passive too) Also its AOE. has decent DoT on it also. Its underrated. If you drop it on ground when enemy is coming. either the enemy has to waste time avoiding it or become turtle. You can also shoot it up under enemy (has quite good hitbox) and enemy is turtle. you can just run and kite with Q+W then.

Now there is crossbows such as weeping. Its kind of underrated, but i mean those mines are nasty. Nasty damage and it has big hitbox which triggers the mine even if you arent near. You can also trigger it or ally. It has big aoe radius. If you drop it near you. Enemies in pvp for example will most likely just try to avoid it. Buying you quite a lot of extra time. then you drop caltrops again and again. You basically have high damage unreflectable wall between you and enemy.

in pve you can clear everything with explosive shot+ caltrops. E abilities are just bonus like weepings mine or lightcrossbows sticky mine..

i mean if you look at corrupted dungeon builds. one of top 3 weapons is lightcrossbow. that thing is very op. Its all around high damage weapon that fits in any content.

not to mention there are low energy abilities. you wont pretty much be ever out of energy even if you spam like crazy if you got atleast even t6 cape.

So dont moan about crossbows being weak. At the moment they're one of strongest and all-around weapons. You can do everything with them on toptier performance. Heck you can even tank with plates + lightcrossbow. Now with lifesteal food your damage is so high even with plates that you can keep aoe healing yourself to max every 2sec.