Testserver Patch Notes - Rise of Avalon Patch 7

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ThirdEyePULSE wrote:

ySLiink wrote:

I tested the lifesteal food in 1v1 situation with dots and burst builds, it is not that good.
      thats reassuring. Its a very risky thing to implement into game and it would need to be done correctly. I'd rather they introduce it lackluster then tweak it to be on par with other food rather than OP and need to nerf.
      i also did some testing, for 1v1 its just better to have beef stew, the 13:5% damage helps you out a lot more than 10% lifesteal.

however for fights where you have more than 5 people the lifesteal food paired with aoe damage like specter jacket really shines.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Well, lifesteal doesnt damage the enemy right ? So if you get 10% lifesteal and you damage enemy for 2000 hp, you gain 200 HP. That´s like 10% maximum health.

Lifesteal shines with aoe weapons i assume, which is good
      depends on how they make it since it has a 1 sec cd and alot of skills proc on the first target and then goes on cool down. Life steal shines most through dots paired with a nature healing them just extra sustain.
    • LoiensJM wrote:

Hello, I think you should think carefully about what you are doing with hce. Because they are changing the gameplay for some people. There are people who only play albion to do HCE, there are people who have a bad connection so they prefer to do these activities in a safe zone. If you change things so much so that there are no maps, the effects are clear, there will be greater demand for maps, less supply, prices will skyrocket, and it will no longer be as viable for some players, especially imagine For those just starting out, who are going to have to spend 1m to buy a level 8 map? not to mention losing it. So they are creating a real effect here, I think they should be cautious, or a lot of albion players are going to be disappointed. I'm going to try to upload an image to start showing a bit of this effect. This is currently happening. level 1 maps at 200k, level 8 maps at 1m? Save guys, they can lose people. Instead of enriching the HCE game that SO MANY love, you can destroy it, so please be careful in an activity that many of us appreciate.

People only doing HCEs is a good reason to nerf them. This is a player driven economy game and having players farm massive amounts of silver in 100% safety is bad for that.

If we want to accommodate those who only do HCEs, I would be fine with simply nerfing the rewards though. If the rewards are small enough that they aren't impacting the economy, then the current system is fine.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CodeKnight ().

• I created an account just to give a suggestion and opinion. First, i love everything about the update, yes HCE's should be more of a challenge rather than spamming , and yes to fix the map loss, supplies should cover this. That should balance everything. I'd just like to suggest having some HCE's for solo and duo content (I know that there's a solo one but not that encouraging to play at all.) . That would be great, especially to people that only knows HCE and nothing else, and i respect them , its a "sandbox" game afterall. Having more content on HCE (not focusing only in groups) would be awesome. :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Malzard ().

• Malzard wrote:

I created an account just to give a suggestion and an ppinion. First, i love everything about the update, yes HCE's are more of a challenge rather than spamming, and yes to balance the map loss. Supplies should cover this. That should balance everything. I'd just like to suggest having some HCE's for solo and duo content. That would be great, especially. I've seen people that only knows HCE, and i respect them , its a sandbox game afterall. Having more content on HCE (not focusing only in groups) would be awesome. :D
      As long as they make sure the rewards are nowhere near too interesting than actually being in the outlands that should completely be fine, and perhaps offer some new players options as to what to do, they should just revamp the whole "expeditions" system imo, the rewards and perhaps tune up a little bit the fame it offers, but nothing "too good".

And speaking of revamping shit and offering easy content to new players, i seriously believe arenas should be reworked to have a hardcap, just like a level one crystal, AND a map that is a bit similar to crystals if possible , I know it would be redundant with the lvl 1 cgvg, but just make it a scrim area that offer little to no rewards, people need to practice cgvg's and the current arena do NOT offer a teamfight experience, as half the time you have random people in solo builds brawling on other crystals. This would also benefit veteran players as they can basically just "queue" for a scrim, which is great
    • ThirdEyePULSE wrote:

Axxe wrote:

I just don't like that my crossbow is getting nerfed lmao. Just going to stick with auto fire then.
      On a side note, I really hate it that when I kill a cursed staff user I don't get to loot him, since it takes 2 minutes to get back up after you die to his dots. I've had this happen to me a lot now, also against other builds actually.
      Only nerf I see for crossbows is explosive bolt range is going from 15m to 13m and Weeping Repeater E damage is going down by 40. Is there something I'm missing here because it doesn't seem game breaking. Kiting will be a little bit harder and bows will have a upper hand but thats about it.
      It's just something I don't like, as a crossbow user. I know that tweaking ranges on weapons will drastically change weapon interactions between eachother, it's just something with very big implications. It's not just: "oh, it's just 2m how is it that big of a nerf lol stop QQ", when in reality changing the range of weapons and abilities is extremely impactful. I am grateful that they did not nerf anything else, but the nerf to the most used ability on crossbowss is pretty damn significant, and will make it a lot easier to avoid poke for most ranged weapons, and for melee users to get in and do their thing without getting chipped beforehand. It might be annoying at the high levels of corrupted dungeons, I don't know, but from 0-250k infamy, I have not seen any issues with crossbows, except for the people that just run in circles at range not realizing the crossbow is a ranged weapon lol. The weapon will still have zero mobility and now less range to play around. I always found the crossbows to be a tactical weapon where you need to find the right positions to work from, and if you don't you are basically dead without help. I wonder which part of the game this change is meant to be, because crossbows are not even the best CD weapon, and it wouldn't warrant such a nerf. Just reduce the damage on Q by 10%.
    • Axxe wrote:

ThirdEyePULSE wrote:

Axxe wrote:

I just don't like that my crossbow is getting nerfed lmao. Just going to stick with auto fire then.
      On a side note, I really hate it that when I kill a cursed staff user I don't get to loot him, since it takes 2 minutes to get back up after you die to his dots. I've had this happen to me a lot now, also against other builds actually.
      Only nerf I see for crossbows is explosive bolt range is going from 15m to 13m and Weeping Repeater E damage is going down by 40. Is there something I'm missing here because it doesn't seem game breaking. Kiting will be a little bit harder and bows will have a upper hand but thats about it.
      It's just something I don't like, as a crossbow user. I know that tweaking ranges on weapons will drastically change weapon interactions between eachother, it's just something with very big implications. It's not just: "oh, it's just 2m how is it that big of a nerf lol stop QQ", when in reality changing the range of weapons and abilities is extremely impactful. I am grateful that they did not nerf anything else, but the nerf to the most used ability on crossbowss is pretty damn significant, and will make it a lot easier to avoid poke for most ranged weapons, and for melee users to get in and do their thing without getting chipped beforehand. It might be annoying at the high levels of corrupted dungeons, I don't know, but from 0-250k infamy, I have not seen any issues with crossbows, except for the people that just run in circles at range not realizing the crossbow is a ranged weapon lol. The weapon will still have zero mobility and now less range to play around. I always found the crossbows to be a tactical weapon where you need to find the right positions to work from, and if you don't you are basically dead without help. I wonder which part of the game this change is meant to be, because crossbows are not even the best CD weapon, and it wouldn't warrant such a nerf. Just reduce the damage on Q by 10%.
      yea, I am not understand too, how much more can be nerfed xbow, it is really hard to play in this mobility meta, again frosts, avalon holy, badon, daggers, u can damage, but u can't kill, no mobility, and how to play vs. frost or badon after Patch? He hits u with Q, E, and u must use boots to hit him, and was after? Till your boots on cool down - u are free frag. I am playing AO from 2015 CBT, I think I know not bad AO. But after this patch u can trash your xbows, u will not see it more in CDs. Not top dmg, yea now it's mid dmg(or low?), no mobility, no range. Trash.
      @Retroman @PrintsKaspian
      Can u assist with look of Devs, how must play light xbow vs badon/Merc.jacket or vs. avalonian holy?)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rzebospol ().

• Maxuri wrote:

Thanks SBI,

For removing the axes from the goal ..... There will only be 2 weapons in the ZvZ == Galatina and Spear.

Mass testing in server pvp today (300 players), proved that you managed to kill a class in ZvZ.
      Wut´s with axes dude ?

Well, aoe escalation nerfed sure hurts them, but that applies to many other weapons as well

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• I mean there's still gonna be ava bows, xbows, weepings, siege bows, brimmies and perma's in zvz on top of galatines and yes, maybe spears now.

Obviously mass testing on the test server, people would go for the new weapon/spells to test instead of something more normal.
      Doesn't mean that what you experience will be like this once out. Just mean people really wanted to try that shit out.

Just feel like aoe escalation nerf just kills any anti-gank builds that allowed a small chance of fighting that was relying on that to kill 5-10 people as a solo and killing small zergs to fight bigger ones even with the debuffs.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Maxuri wrote:

Thanks SBI,

For removing the axes from the goal ..... There will only be 2 weapons in the ZvZ == Galatina and Spear.

Mass testing in server pvp today (300 players), proved that you managed to kill a class in ZvZ.
      Wut´s with axes dude ?
      Well, aoe escalation nerfed sure hurts them, but that applies to many other weapons as well

I don't need to describe it, simply because the staff is present in the massive test.

But let's go,

*** New patch to come revives massive AOE classes

*** Halberd and Breakthroughs no longer have enough damage to justify their presence in the ZvZ

*** All the guidelines of the large guilds that were in the mass test, have already removed the axes from the goal, accepting with much crying only one out of 40 players.

I can't blame the big guilds, unfortunately they have to focus on winning .... which unfortunately the axes couldn't help.

And to finish a short excerpt from yesterday's test.

One Hit - 6k DMG

Only two classes manage to kill all of them in a zerg.
    • Maxuri wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

Maxuri wrote:

Thanks SBI,

Wut´s with axes dude ?Well, aoe escalation nerfed sure hurts them, but that applies to many other weapons as well

I don't need to describe it, simply because the staff is present in the massive test.

But let's go,

*** New patch to come revives massive AOE classes

*** Halberd and Breakthroughs no longer have enough damage to justify their presence in the ZvZ

*** All the guidelines of the large guilds that were in the mass test, have already removed the axes from the goal, accepting with much crying only one out of 40 players.

I can't blame the big guilds, unfortunately they have to focus on winning .... which unfortunately the axes couldn't help.

And to finish a short excerpt from yesterday's test.

One Hit - 6k DMG

Only two classes manage to kill all of them in a zerg.

Fixed a bug with it's AoE Escalation. (The AoE Escalation was not working correctly on the version of staging and would amplify the damage way too much)