Testserver Patch Notes - Rise of Avalon Patch 7

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I just don't like that my crossbow is getting nerfed lmao. Just going to stick with auto fire then.
      On a side note, I really hate it that when I kill a cursed staff user I don't get to loot him, since it takes 2 minutes to get back up after you die to his dots. I've had this happen to me a lot now, also against other builds actually.
    • One thing I noticed

"Avalonian Wizard spell updates:
      • Avalonian Wizard's bomb now gives more warning time to leave its damage area

• Bomb damage reduced by 20%

• Pause after casting a bomb increased from 5 to 7 seconds"

Can we take this moment to also nerf the damage of the Archmage Boss? This is by far the toughest boss in Avalonian Dungeons and a single laser can kill players.
    • KickinMACHINE wrote:

cool balance changes. Again u nerf aoe escalation which is the best zvz mechanic that helps ur idea of smaller zergs still being able to compete vs bigger ones. U can nerf all those op clapping weapons but why the hell would u touch mechanic that was punishing stacking up retards? U gonna have braindead meta melee again. @Retroman i don't know with who are you testing those new changes, but would be nice if u started doing this with people who are actually playing zvzs.
      I agree with Kickin,

With already in-place nerf of AOE escalation / dmg multiplier and two clap weapons, we could really test the new changes for some time before nerfing aoe escalation further. This game is best when ZvZ is full of action and kills. This not only makes game fun and look great but also reduces queue times, which is least fun mechanic in the game rn.

So my advice would be to remove this part of the NDA for now, test how the game plays out in reality and then react. If we change too much at once we will not be able to judge how the new version of debuff plays out.. Just sayin..
    • tabooshka wrote:

Lifesteal is too strong of a mechanic to be a food buff, rethink and rework the concept imo and come up with different buff than lifesteal.

Lifesteal potion could be a thing with similar value to health pot, but having food with lifesteal is just too much
      ohh now it's to much LMFAO spoke to soon didnt you bud haha

Yes life steal food is ment for that 1v1 content they care so much about and there gonna break the game over that dumb shit haha

New 5's meta 2 axes two curses life steal food let's go
    • Hello, I think you should think carefully about what you are doing with hce. Because they are changing the gameplay for some people. There are people who only play albion to do HCE, there are people who have a bad connection so they prefer to do these activities in a safe zone. If you change things so much so that there are no maps, the effects are clear, there will be greater demand for maps, less supply, prices will skyrocket, and it will no longer be as viable for some players, especially imagine For those just starting out, who are going to have to spend 1m to buy a level 8 map? not to mention losing it. So they are creating a real effect here, I think they should be cautious, or a lot of albion players are going to be disappointed. I'm going to try to upload an image to start showing a bit of this effect. This is currently happening. level 1 maps at 200k, level 8 maps at 1m? Save guys, they can lose people. Instead of enriching the HCE game that SO MANY love, you can destroy it, so please be careful in an activity that many of us appreciate.

• LoiensJM wrote:

Hello, I think you should think carefully about what you are doing with hce. Because they are changing the gameplay for some people. There are people who only play albion to do HCE, there are people who have a bad connection so they prefer to do these activities in a safe zone. If you change things so much so that there are no maps, the effects are clear, there will be greater demand for maps, less supply, prices will skyrocket, and it will no longer be as viable for some players, especially imagine For those just starting out, who are going to have to spend 1m to buy a level 8 map? not to mention losing it. So they are creating a real effect here, I think they should be cautious, or a lot of albion players are going to be disappointed. I'm going to try to upload an image to start showing a bit of this effect. This is currently happening. level 1 maps at 200k, level 8 maps at 1m? Save guys, they can lose people. Instead of enriching the HCE game that SO MANY love, you can destroy it, so please be careful in an activity that many of us appreciate.

Good, there are plenty of PVE focused MMO's to play, i dont understand why people cry about these things when its an offer and demand thing, if maps are so expensive that you can't do HCE's anymore, what about boosting maps and selling them ? Oh you dont think the fame is enough through just boostings maps ? What about buying them with silver then ? Or do you guys just want it all ? Do you want a guaranteed 8.3 item at the end of every HCE to thank you as well ? I swear to god this playerbase is mindblowing. HCE's were fine back when people were still trying in 6.3 and lost 10% durability through every death, but in the current state of the game where everyone can afford good gear and you have more IP with the new destiny board, and more IP with the new mastery modifiers system, its mindblowingly easy to just spam high level HCE's with almost zero risk, so be a little bit fair, accept the already very fair rewards that are in place, and stop complaining, or perhaps start to explore the 95% other activities that the game has to offer. Otherwise, shadowlands is up soon, if you do like PVE that much it 100% has better Pve than albion, nothing wrong with admitting that.
    • Rangerrrr wrote:

LoiensJM wrote:

Hello, I think you should think carefully about what you are doing with hce. Because they are changing the gameplay for some people. There are people who only play albion to do HCE, there are people who have a bad connection so they prefer to do these activities in a safe zone. If you change things so much so that there are no maps, the effects are clear, there will be greater demand for maps, less supply, prices will skyrocket, and it will no longer be as viable for some players, especially imagine For those just starting out, who are going to have to spend 1m to buy a level 8 map? not to mention losing it. So they are creating a real effect here, I think they should be cautious, or a lot of albion players are going to be disappointed. I'm going to try to upload an image to start showing a bit of this effect. This is currently happening. level 1 maps at 200k, level 8 maps at 1m? Save guys, they can lose people. Instead of enriching the HCE game that SO MANY love, you can destroy it, so please be careful in an activity that many of us appreciate.

Good, there are plenty of PVE focused MMO's to play, i dont understand why people cry about these things when its an offer and demand thing, if maps are so expensive that you can't do HCE's anymore, what about boosting maps and selling them ? Oh you dont think the fame is enough through just boostings maps ? What about buying them with silver then ? Or do you guys just want it all ? Do you want a guaranteed 8.3 item at the end of every HCE to thank you as well ? I swear to god this playerbase is mindblowing. HCE's were fine back when people were still trying in 6.3 and lost 10% durability through every death, but in the current state of the game where everyone can afford good gear and you have more IP with the new destiny board, and more IP with the new mastery modifiers system, its mindblowingly easy to just spam high level HCE's with almost zero risk, so be a little bit fair, accept the already very fair rewards that are in place, and stop complaining, or perhaps start to explore the 95% other activities that the game has to offer. Otherwise, shadowlands is up soon, if you do like PVE that much it 100% has better Pve than albion, nothing wrong with admitting that.
      I think your answer is totally coercive and negative. You don't even focus on the problem I'm raising. If you don't like making HCE content, I have no problem, but no, please don't give your opinion. because it is not constructive, because obviously you have something personal against people who do hce, then your answer is totally biased and I think it is totally subjective. You are not raising the problems that we who do our part of content have, you are referring with hatred to the people who enjoy this activity. If you don't like it, I have no problem, it is part of the game that I downloaded and started playing and wanted to progress. I decide myself if I'm going to play something else or not. So, I ask you please, if it is none of your concern, at least, do not make negative comments. You didn't say ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE. Learn to respect please.
      [/quote]

The post was edited 1 time, last by LoiensJM ().

• HCE are a problem in a game that is full loot mmorpg.

Safe zones should be " low reward " - like blue and yellow zones. It´s like tutorial. There shouldn´t be completely safe content in a full loot game. It makes no sense. If it´s too good, then it´s a big problem on developers´s plate.

Why ? Well if it´s too good, people will simply not go outside to black zone and red zone. They will go there, die few times, will be scared and might end up doing just HCE. They will never go outside to black and red zone. And in the end - why should they ? Silver is fine, fame is excelent, no need to travel a long distance to T8 zone, no need to buy expensive dungeon maps that will disappear. There really is not enough reward with such risk to go to BZ - it´s just not worth it.

This also leads to people like that generating a lot of silver, but no silver sink - since they dont die. They risk nothing, and the gear they bought for doing HCE can be simply sold, thus no losses at all.

These people end up playing a different game. They just do HCE and safe content, not touching the full loot portion of the game. It´s like they play 10% of the game. It´s really sad, but also a problem for the whole population. Because it devaluates the risky content. Why bother doing something risky if there is something completely safe with great rewards ?

If this is a nerf, it´s been about time
    • Borbarad wrote:

HCE are a problem in a game that is full loot mmorpg.

Safe zones should be " low reward " - like blue and yellow zones. It´s like tutorial. There shouldn´t be completely safe content in a full loot game. It makes no sense. If it´s too good, then it´s a big problem on developers´s plate.

Why ? Well if it´s too good, people will simply not go outside to black zone and red zone. They will go there, die few times, will be scared and might end up doing just HCE. They will never go outside to black and red zone. And in the end - why should they ? Silver is fine, fame is excelent, no need to travel a long distance to T8 zone, no need to buy expensive dungeon maps that will disappear. There really is not enough reward with such risk to go to BZ - it´s just not worth it.

This also leads to people like that generating a lot of silver, but no silver sink - since they dont die. They risk nothing, and the gear they bought for doing HCE can be simply sold, thus no losses at all.

These people end up playing a different game. They just do HCE and safe content, not touching the full loot portion of the game. It´s like they play 10% of the game. It´s really sad, but also a problem for the whole population. Because it devaluates the risky content. Why bother doing something risky if there is something completely safe with great rewards ?

If this is a nerf, it´s been about time
      I lost 200k for dead, in one day i die... 10 times easy, is 2m in repair. is like die 2 times on bz, so, what is ur problem? Why don't people like others doing well doing their content? did we bother them with something? Learning to do hce is something for difficult, because it requires great dexterity and coordination and I spend a lot of time and money learning to do them, I had to overcome a barrier at the beginning, it took me months. So if you don't like it, that's fine with me, albion luckily is very broad, but why does it bother you that others make our content? I don't understand that philosophy that we should all focus on an activity that is to your liking. I like more to be free and choose my content, that's why what you think seems very ugly to me, since somehow they want us to adapt to the content that you prefer, instead of respecting each other. And just so you know, I really like PVP activity, but I also really enjoy HCE. I think in PVE is the only thing that is worth it, because they are challenging. You should try to do high levels, you are going to find yourself a challenge. have fun
    • 2 things about those changes

first the life steal food, I saw a game designer reply that says it will not be % life steal per all damage, instead it will be more balanced, so I think thats good because just the thinking of this makes me wanna quit the game, seriously.. lets buff more auto-attack dps weapons and kill the skill-shot based which actully needs skills and timing, just think about druid with that food.

second, for the HCE, this "nerf" is far from enough, I see those little babies crying about it, I mean are you kidding me? what game are you even playing ? arent you sick of doing the same thing over and over? and albion is already has poor and repetitive dungeons, I mean, there are like 5 mobs in the entire game, the rest are freaking reskins lol, albion is not for you, go play a diablo or something...
      But for real now, the rewards are to high, this "inside town portal dungeon" should be removed completly from the game, I died tons of times, I farmed solo, guildeless on t8 solo dungeons, getting dived every dungeon, transporting my loot with full t3 ox trough 7-8 black zone maps, alone, multiple times, just to get a few millions, and you bank 100-150million a week, 0 risk, outrages, and no, your 160mill silver set is nothing, you can sell it and get your silver back.
      thing is, they dont realize how theyre killing the game, I mean the blackzones are EMPTY , I can walk multiple maps without seeing 1 person, tons of resources, not a single gatherer to collect, I even think that mass hide-outs thing is lame, the BZ is controlled by groups of cheesy players which you will never find alone, so a solo player in black zone has 0 chance of getting something besides death, and this is because? HCE players, go out there, fill the huge outlands, farm safely on far maps, group up, the game is big enough, you even been given black chests to store your loot.
      Also , Dare you to try and use the LFG chat to find a group for, perhaps, faction flagged blue dungeon in red-zone, good luck with finding people, or even the dreaded empty and 95% safe black zone group dungeons (why safe? because you guys busy staying in yellow zone) good luck with that, people so scared to risk its pathetic.
      and lastly, you ruin the game, you dry the black market, which feeds on deaths and people selling their loot in there, and you think an HCE player will sell his loot on the black market? nice joke, like he will dare leaving the yellow zone all the way to carleon, I see 100-150 million fame players with 0 pvp fame i mean wtf? I saw a guy with 1.27 billion fame and 6k pvp fame, thats a complete joke, I also met the biggest prick, he had 150+ mill fame, he flamed me with broken english for over an hour via PMs because I laughed at him scared to leave the yellow zone and having no pvp fame, and he was standing there near the red-zone entrance not daring to cross, that was pathetic.

The post was edited 5 times, last by xTalx ().