Testserver Patch Notes - Rise of Avalon Patch 7

• Finally!

Can't wait to play this new-old ZvZ,
      I suggested 'dynamic disarray' some time ago, but to be honest I did not believe it's possible to code that in a way that its calculated in fly while not impacting performance too much. If it doesn't kill servers, I'm impressed.

So there's one more thing to do -> fix hideout system as we are on the brink of 'Red vs Blue' war on the server. I'm not sure how many maps gets clustered with prime time battle, but it's no longer uncommon that server disconnects players when all the surrounding zones are clustered as well.

So I made professional drawing of this situation, it's also shown in that video:

IMO solution is extending time needed to 'regear' so if cluster queue is really flooded few maps around main-objective zone, the only way to deal with that is increasing time needed to regear and reappear in the battle.
      Trust me, it's way way better to just die and ride a horse few maps instead of waiting in cluster queue (as per above picture - TWICE!, that's minimum 5 minutes of waiting, similar time to regear from the city in the old map layout). To achieve this we should restrict hideout perms to ally only, so we control how big 'unofficial naps' grow, thus limiting possibilities of red vs blue being a thing.

This combined with the patch 7 changes, which will make ZvZ more dynamic and deadly should enable cluster queue to actually do its job well. You may also have different solutions, but I believe we all agree regear time is a major factor leading to these over-numbered wars.

The post was edited 1 time, last by glokz ().

• MuitoVelho wrote:

I agree with the coment that the map owner of a 18 map should or receive a 18 map and no chest or at least receive a 10+ random map. The HCE content demands good gameplay and hours of dedication. Also, and i say that as a tank main, i started with like the cheapiest set and work my way around to get a full M.P set so i spend days playing this to became a better player/tank.

Dont kill a content that is loved.
      You dont know the loot of lvl 18 chest. It might be more broken than anything else.

I think this change is good. Now you can brainlessly spam one map over and over and over and over. Now there is more to it. Is it annoying if you are used to it ? Probably yeah. But if you want to have some other content, that´s always the way - travellin, going through BZ, going back etc. HCE being safe, zero risk, high reward, just getting on it and boom going - that´s far too much. Making it a bit more complicated, bit more difficult , makes it more fair to other people who don´t just stay in safe zones for the rest of their lives.

After all, isn´t it kind of a joke that if you want to do let´s say T8 group dungeon, you have to travel allll the way, you might get ganked, dived or anything. It takes time to get there, time to go back. And HCE ? You pop the map and you go. Ez clap. That´s just unfair, since it´s safe on top of that.

Then again, maybe the loot from lvl 18 will be absolutely brutal, so then all i this said will mean nothing lol
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Olysja wrote:

Ithislen wrote:

And for those who will say "just farm the lower levels", that completely defeats the point of HCEs being one of the highest fame, you could do avalon dungeons instead and get much better fame than trying to level up lvl.5s
      oh really? maybe they want you to do this? that you stop playing 100% safe from city getting one of the best fame/silver ratio of the game? the point of HCE was to do a full 1-15 challenge content , not to spam the 14-15 as a bot 24/7
      Well, if that was the point then why do you get another lvl 15 map after you manage to finish one in time? And if they wanted to kill HCE, they would just nerf the fame/silver again, like they did in the past. So far it seems they want to do the opposite, but the way SBI did it now is not good.

Georg51 wrote:

Man the HCE fratboys are really losing their minds that their precious risk-free uncapped gold mine will actually require some work now.

LOL.

Just look at their responses to this - how much more entitled and spoiled are these people?
      By your profile picture I suppose you run avas a lot, thats another form of end game PvE. Is it safer? Def not, its in the black zone. Is it better? Honestly depends on the group. Is it cheaper? Yes, and here is why HCEs arent that easy "precious risk-free uncapped gold mine". For the new maps you will need 8.3 MP items, which arent cheap. So the main cap for this "precious risk-free uncapped gold mine" is high cost of entry (for the high levels) and even higher for the new ones. Not counting several swaps you want to use.

Borbarad wrote:

After all, isn´t it kind of a joke that if you want to do let´s say T8 group dungeon, you have to travel allll the way, you might get ganked, dived or anything. It takes time to get there, time to go back. And HCE ? You pop the map and you go. Ez clap. That´s just unfair, since it´s safe on top of that.
      If you are playing with a good guild, that has hideouts in t7/t8 zones (or guilds from your alliance/coalition), even group dungeons can be pretty safe. Just run a set out there with a group, then make the groups out of the hideout. But that depends on if you are in some guild or not.
    • Hey, everyone just a little update for those of you who are worried about the Life Steal food.

We are right now testing to adjust the mechanic to work like this:
      Every 1s you get x% of the damage you dealt but with a cap of y% of your max health

Which keeps it in line with a hardcap for large scale fights, while also allowing the life leech value to be high enough to keep it as an option for builds in small scale fights.

We are of course also iterating and monitoring the amount of life leech possible, and may make more adjustments before the food goes live.
      The general goal from our side is to add a new food that is impactful on different builds. And it needs to be able to compete with the already existing strong options in the food slot.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • I dont think lifesteal food is overpowered and don't even think its a good choice for small scale/solo fights to be honest.

About the HCE, i'm used to spam hce maps and I'm happy with the chance, with higher tier maps we have more challenges and the lvl.18 seems good with the loot chest at the end. The problem is that we can't see how valuable the chest will be since the bm doesnt work in test server. If I could change anything about that it would be the design of lvl. 18.
      Maybe change the icon to something fancy, and the lvl18 dungeon will always be the same, but from a different faction. Like an avalonian map or a corrupted map with a super hard boss. It would be great.

So far I really liked this update, I was already excited about the combat changes in the nda but oh boy! I wanst expecting that amount of good stuff.

Gj SBI!
    • About HCE, i liked the ideia to make maps higher them 15 and giving a new reward on the 18 so people just dont keep spaming the same map, but i think it should be revisited the ideia about the maps from the lower end (1-9), they are maps that just dont really make sense to make it after you get pass a point on the game and you will need to waste more or less 4h just to prepare the map so you can make some decent fame and silver starting from the 9.

As the higher tier maps will dissapier as the time passes, people will have no other option them to make this really low tier maps, i think maybe a good idea of a way to still have a wave of new maps, will be make a second bonus time, so if you make a map o an even shorter time (that will happen on the low tier maps) you instead of getting a map one lvl higher you get one map two or three maps higher.

This way you can create a new kind of HCE player that will focus on speed run maps to get silver after reselling them, creating a new waves off meta base speed run builds, and make people that start to playing "for real" the lower tier maps and not just trolling around, so they can get this extra bonus.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aata ().

• Aata wrote:

Sobre o HCE, gostei da ideia de fazer mapas acima de 15 e dar uma nova recompensa no 18 para que as pessoas não continuem enviando spam no mesmo mapa, mas acho que deveria ser revisitada a ideia sobre os mapas de baixo (1- 9), são mapas que realmente não fazem sentido depois que você passa um ponto no jogo e você vai precisar gastar mais ou menos 4h apenas para preparar o mapa para que você possa ganhar fama decente e prata a partir de o 9.

Como os mapas de camada mais alta irão desaparecer com o passar do tempo, as pessoas não terão outra opção para fazer esses mapas de camada realmente baixa, acho que talvez uma boa ideia de uma maneira de ainda ter uma onda de novos mapas, será fazer um segundo tempo de bônus, então se você fizer um mapa com um tempo ainda mais curto (isso acontecerá nos mapas de nível inferior), ao invés de obter um mapa um nível mais alto, você obterá um mapa dois ou três mapas acima.

Desta forma, você pode criar um novo tipo de jogador HCE que se concentrará em mapas de speed run para obter prata após revendê-los, criando novas ondas de compilações de velocidade de meta-base e fazer com que as pessoas comecem a jogar "de verdade" no nível inferior mapas e não apenas vagando, para que possam obter esse bônus extra.
      Lançou a braba rapaz!!!
    • MuitoVelho wrote:

I agree with the coment that the map owner of a 18 map should or receive a 18 map and no chest or at least receive a 10+ random map. The HCE content demands good gameplay and hours of dedication. Also, and i say that as a tank main, i started with like the cheapiest set and work my way around to get a full M.P set so i spend days playing this to became a better player/tank.

I don't get my map back when using maps in the blackzone and some of theses maps arn't cheap at all, Why should your totally safe map content give you loot and your maps back too, Seems alittle like you HCE PVE'ers have had it to easy for far to long. You go buy an 8.3 map and see if you get another 8.3 after running and don't forget you still have to get to a BLACKZONE t8 zone and get back with your loot before your safe and even the dungs arn't 100% safe either. Yes 90 seconds isnt long but people still get dove in that short timers. Also our maps can give us super small dungs sometimes like that 8.3 that I just dropped like 1m on could only end up with 1 floor which is even worse. Boo hoo you have to buy another map so what. buy after level 10 or level 15 and gride it back to level 18, You shouldnt get free maps everytime......... You already can buy a lower tier and upgrade it through doing the HCE's atleast. I wish I could buy a flat t8 blackzone map and it would turn 8.1 then 8.2 then 8.3 and I lose it, You HCE boys have it way better than you think. AND ontop of that I'm only talking about SOLO maps don't get my started on group maps..... thats even worse.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

MuitoVelho wrote:

I don't get my map back when using maps in the blackzone and some of theses maps arn't cheap at all, Why should your totally safe map content give you loot and your maps back too, Seems alittle like you HCE PVE'ers have had it to easy for far to long. You go buy an 8.3 map and see if you get another 8.3 after running and don't forget you still have to get to a BLACKZONE t8 zone and get back with your loot before your safe and even the dungs arn't 100% safe either. Yes 90 seconds isnt long but people still get dove in that short timers. Also our maps can give us super small dungs sometimes like that 8.3 that I just dropped like 1m on could only end up with 1 floor which is even worse. Boo hoo you have to buy another map so what. buy after level 10 or level 15 and gride it back to level 18, You shouldnt get free maps everytime......... You already can buy a lower tier and upgrade it through doing the HCE's atleast. I wish I could buy a flat t8 blackzone map and it would turn 8.1 then 8.2 then 8.3 and I lose it, You HCE boys have it way better than you think. AND ontop of that I'm only talking about SOLO maps don't get my started on group maps..... thats even worse.
      well, if you are so angry that HCEs are safe fame and silver and complain that dungeons are so unfair
      why dont you just get a set and do HCEs then? If its so much better than running group maps, whats holding you back?
    • I understand imbalance with HCE

I think you are right on the point that with the 15 spam HCE got back on being little op for a pvpe content as you could just stay making the highest tier maps if you got a good party, so it is the same as if you got a 8.3 group map and not lose it.

But still you need to understand that in any map any death from any member will cost 150k-200k silver and it is kind of normal to have at least one or two deaths per map (20-40 min), with the new 16,17,18 maps it will be even easier to die, with that i think the "safe zone benefice" from being a content that you will not lose your set will be kind of balance with the BZ content.

The problem that I fear is that the way to get at least decent maps is really different from the solo or group dungeon, imagine if you would need at least 4 hours preparation just to create a t4 dungeon (around 9 map) and you would need lvl up a t4 for more 2h until you get a lvl near t8 flat dungeon.

And during this entire time if anyone of your party get a internet problem, or any problem happen on the map you will lose all your work, and remember that during all this time the cost for any deaths stay the same 150k-200k.

My biggest fear is that with this change it would be too difficult to start making this content, because there would be no maps available.

What i am suggesting up there is just a chance that if you work hard enough creating build and comps to speed run you can at least lower the time to prepare a map, rewarding the player that do the same as pvp players, and stay hours and hours discussing new builds and new metas so we can make a better job at our content.

Another good option that people are talking about is to increase the drop rate from higher HCE maps (10+) on the solo and group dungeon so we could supply this new demand for maps, but i still like the ideia of creating a new objective for HCE players.
    • Ithislen wrote:

Neef wrote:

MuitoVelho wrote:

well, if you are so angry that HCEs are safe fame and silver and complain that dungeons are so unfairwhy dont you just get a set and do HCEs then? If its so much better than running group maps, whats holding you back?
      People play a FULL LOOT MMORPG to... surprise... PVP!

HCE's shouldn't be good fame after you hit Tier 6.
      Tired of LAGGING in-game? Try ExitLag;
      Use my link & code 'ROBIN' for 20% off any plan!
      exitl.ag/robin
      youtube.com/c/robinhoodrs
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

People play a full loot sandbox mmorpg to ... surprise .. do that they want to do

HCEs are in the game for a long time, I joined with steam release and they were in the game already, so SBI had a pretty long time to balance it with random dungeons and other "full loot PvP content", dont you think
    • I don't get it why so much hate for Hardcore Pve content that don't involve PVP, i am not a huge fun of pvp, I found on HCE a way to play the game that i like, and for real any other content in BZ that say that is "Hardcore Pve" i don't fell that it is really hard, the only hard thing is that you got the extra pvp to worry, and if you pay some scouts you will not even have that risk.

This game is a sandbox mmorpg, i got some friend that just like to play on the island farms the entire day, and it is ok, i got some friends that stay fishing on safe zone the entire day and it is ok, and both of them got a good reward/time/risk balance depending on who much they put at stake on each task.

I don't get it pvp people just spamming that the only content that can be rewarded is the game is the one that you expose yourself in pvp, as i told before there are other risks that you can expose yourself that can be rewarding too.

I am not asking for much I just hope that with the increase on maps lost we got a new wave that supply it so we don't break the content apart.

There are a lot of options to supply that from making higher tier maps drop increase on the solo and group dungeon, making possible to exchange maps for royal sygil (as the demand for will go down with the new update), or making it proposition of the "extra bonus".

I just hope to keep being able to play the content that for me is the best part of the game.
    • Ithislen wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

People play a full loot sandbox mmorpg to ... surprise .. do that they want to do
      HCEs are in the game for a long time, I joined with steam release and they were in the game already, so SBI had a pretty long time to balance it with random dungeons and other "full loot PvP content", dont you think
      Credit card swipers = not going to nerf it. :whistling:
      Tired of LAGGING in-game? Try ExitLag;
      Use my link & code 'ROBIN' for 20% off any plan!
      exitl.ag/robin
      youtube.com/c/robinhoodrs
    • Ithislen wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

and are still balancing them. they gave u guys 3 more levels of maps. people were bitching about wanting more hce content well here u go u got 3 more levels of maps and now actually have to level maps instaead of sitting at 15
    • cool balance changes. Again u nerf aoe escalation which is the best zvz mechanic that helps ur idea of smaller zergs still being able to compete vs bigger ones. U can nerf all those op clapping weapons but why the hell would u touch mechanic that was punishing stacking up retards? U gonna have braindead meta melee again. @Retroman i don't know with who are you testing those new changes, but would be nice if u started doing this with people who are actually playing zvzs.