Twitch Drops would bring Albion to the next level

• Twitch Drops would bring Albion to the next level

I have seen some posts on here lately that have talked about how SBI can support content creators and also support and grow the game. One such post suggested that SBI implement "creator codes" so when people purchased in-game gold a small percentage of the profits would go to the streamer/youtuber similar to games like Fortnite. This could be a good idea but most creators would only get a few dollars at most and this doesn't really do anything to help grow the player base.

What I would suggest is SBI utilizing Twitch Drops. What are Twitch Drops? "Twitch Drops enables you to grant in-game rewards to the Twitch community when streamers play your game". So basically by watching a streamer play the game you have a chance to score some in-game loot. SBI has a ton of options when deciding what to give away, anything from rare items, to unique skins to small amounts of gold or tomes of insight. This would not only help streamers immensely by driving tons of new viewers to twitch, but it would also attract new curious players when they are browsing Twitch for a new game to play and see Albion Online close to the top instead of sitting at the bottom with about 2k viewers.

This has worked in the past for relatively obscure games and can work for Albion too! Just look at Escape from Tarkov. Before Twitch Drops were enabled EFT was only pulling in a few thousand viewers at any given time. Once they decided to enable Twitch Drops viewership shot up to 270,000 making it the most-viewed game on Twitch at that time! This would be massive for the community and would drive thousands of interested viewers to check out what the game has to offer. Reference

In conclusion, I believe that Twitch Drops could be one of the best things for Albion moving forward. It would drive tons of new players to the game. It would also most likely be very easy to implement for SBI. I would love to hear what you guys think and if you think this is a good idea upvote this post for visibility. If enough people upvote SBI may consider doing this!
    • Most streamers, especially Albion Streamers, do not make a lot of money streaming. Sponsors like Raid provide streamers with a good boost in income usually about 3-4x more than that streamer makes in a month of streaming to play their game for 2 hours. So I do think it is a good idea. Many streamers dedicate 100s of hours a month to streaming and video making, they deserve to be paid for their work.

And to reiterate point #3 It would benefit SBI more than it benefits any individual streamer so I think it would be stupid not to. It would lead to tremendous player growth.
    • FlaccidBaron wrote:

I have seen some posts on here lately that have talked about how SBI can support content creators and also support and grow the game.
      Cool, you posted this on reddit too, I haven't seen any posts to this effect, could you provide some sources?

Also SBI has enough trouble getting people to watch their streams of Crystal League and AlbionTV what makes you think people would rather watch someone search for someone to gank for three hours?
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher

The post was edited 1 time, last by RenKatal ().

• RenKatal wrote:

FlaccidBaron wrote:

I have seen some posts on here lately that have talked about how SBI can support content creators and also support and grow the game.
      Cool, you posted this on reddit too, I haven't seen any posts to this effect, could you provide some sources?
      Also SBI has enough trouble getting people to watch their streams of Crystal League and AlbionTV what makes you think people would rather watch someone search for someone to gank for three hours?

Piraterer wrote:

Or the usual CD Ratting. Albion is just fun to watch ZvZ. Sadly these guys arent supported.
      I just relised u guys like commenting negative Sh*t on all Forums posts Lmfao. Interesting. :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :D
      Trigris is Recruiting Ultimate Big Dick Chads for Season 14!
    • ZvZ is fun to watch? That is hysterical. ZvZ's are massive shit show cluster fucks which you cannot even tell what is happening most of the time. Corrupted would have huge viewing potential if they created an environment for more consistent fighting. Increased contact rates and limit easy ratting and Corrupted stream views would take off.
    • Tabor wrote:

ZvZ is fun to watch? That is hysterical. ZvZ's are massive shit show cluster fucks which you cannot even tell what is happening most of the time. Corrupted would have huge viewing potential if they created an environment for more consistent fighting. Increased contact rates and limit easy ratting and Corrupted stream views would take off.
      well it could be solved easy:

As soon as one breaks your crystal (flees) the winner gets teleported to its boss, boss is dead u loot the chest an requeue for PvP..done

And regarding ZvZ ..I am always supporting the green..I am their fan!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• RenKatal wrote:

No offence , but who cares about Crystals

Tabor wrote:

ZvZ is fun to watch? That is hysterical. ZvZ's are massive shit show cluster fucks which you cannot even tell what is happening most of the time. Corrupted would have huge viewing potential if they created an environment for more consistent fighting. Increased contact rates and limit easy ratting and Corrupted stream views would take off.
      True, small scale fights in open world/solo pvp that's the thing of Albion. Again no offence to people who like ZvZ , this content must exist in Albion , since it is mmorpg. But lets be honest - it sucks to watch in most of the cases. View analytics (YT/Twitch) during last years proved it thousands of times.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• Equart wrote:

RenKatal wrote:

No offence , but who cares about Crystals
      My point exactly, if no one cares about the ACTUAL competitive scene in this game, who is going to care about random streamers.
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
    • Wolfestainn wrote:

RenKatal wrote:

FlaccidBaron wrote:

Cool, you posted this on reddit too, I haven't seen any posts to this effect, could you provide some sources?Also SBI has enough trouble getting people to watch their streams of Crystal League and AlbionTV what makes you think people would rather watch someone search for someone to gank for three hours?
      I just relised u guys like commenting negative Sh*t on all Forums posts Lmfao. Interesting. :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :D
      So are you actually going to provide sources, and answers to the questions?
      I prefer well reasoned arguments and evidence to people dodging questions.
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
    • @RenKatal Actually people cares, due to how much new Twitch Streamers appear in Albion with pretty good view count for a such specific game , during the last year. Stats actually not bad.
      Also now there are much more new Albion YT channels that are keep growing and growing. And all of them , in most of the cases , focused on guides/solo/small scale gameplay.

So i think implementing such thing as Twitch Drops could be a nice idea. And about why people are not interested about "actual" competitive scene , is only because how it is working.

The reason why such scene was popular in DOTA/LOL is because of solo and random players, basically "pub". SBI is trying to represent it as something "elite" , without taking into account regular/casual players. And this is the main mistake , and the reason why it will never be successful and popular type of content. People can say - " just gather even with 5 random guys (via discord/chat/Guild/Friends) , and participate in this content , it is ez to do" . Well , unfortunately such logic is not working if you want to make such content viable for everyone. People are lazy, they want to do it now , without putting extra efforts in communication and have some fun.
      ---
      But since i'm criticizing SBI , here is simple solution.

1. Make que for everyone like in Arena , but this will be full loot PvP content. Let it be even separate event, in certain time , but it will work. And yeah , keep old crystals!

Yes, there will be chaos/problems/exploits/communication problems and other problems. But without it you will not build community that is interested in such content.

---
      And it would be the first step. Second step is to implement in-game party voice/better pings (commands, like chat wheel) etc.
      ---
      This is basics , that should be implemented to get into this content more people. And you will see how in future people will find teams/gather into groups and will participate in actual "Crystal Fights" . But the most important thing is that this content would be interesting for all people.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• Piraterer wrote:

Albion is just fun to watch ZvZ.
      That is individual.

For example, I only look at a few streamers, equart, sohrab, nazory, flaccidbaron, missloco and jerry, these are the ones I look at when they are ON, not for some crystal fights or zvz but for free riding in OW, gankink or CD or exploring avalon roads, that it's what I personally enjoy the most, it's also important to have a webcam + communication with viewers, it definitely better watching someone who I see and responds to me or other viewers in the chat than to someone who doesn't talk, doesn't have a webcam and background just playing music .. ;)
    • RenKatal wrote:

I prefer well reasoned arguments and evidence to people dodging questions.
      Thank you @Equart

I feel that you might be slightly biased, the fact being, you are the #2 Youtube Albion content creator.

I agree with your stance on the Albion competitive environment.

What I am trying to get at is the statement has been made that giving stream watchers in game rewards will help boost Albion to the next level.
      What next level? Albion has been exploding in population and popularity since the beginning of the Covid 19 outbreak.
      What good dose it do giving rewards to people who are watching people play the game, as opposed to them, you know, playing the game, and earning things for themselves?
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
    • Im sure I mentioned it to you already @FlaccidBaron , maybe I missed it. I actually already had a conversation, and a few calls both with the previous and now current community manager at SBI. These talks started initially when I was trying to help arrange better interaction between SBI and the Content Creators, given the positive impact this has on a game's reach and popularity/playerbase. These actually started with the initial come around of the streamer spotlights which have now featured many of the games prominent streamers, but also included discussion on twitch drops, and how to go about implementing them, examples of what should work well as drops, and potential formats on sustainably releasing them.

They were some really interesting talks, but all I can say is that they have confirmed they are discussing this internally. Past that there is not a great deal we can do, as i'm sure they have a lot on their plate with the royals and faction warfare rework (something I imagine they would want to have released before even thinking about releasing something like drops, to make sure the space for new players is more refined, and more functional).
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • tabooshka wrote:

this is literally rmt

I dont know if you know how drops work, but these are nothing to do with the streamer as such, other than being a conduit to channel the drops, it is all done by linking your Albion account, to twitch, and simply by watching you gain the chance of reward. It has nothing to do with the streamer in terms of if you are subbed, or followed, or talking in chat, nothing. SBI sets the terms of drop chance based on length of viewership within a given period, and which streamers have it enabled.

That being said, personal giveaways with any bonus chance to subs, can be considered rmt, and in fact twitch is tightening and has tightened the rules on this. Any giveaway with real cash value cannot and should not be restricted to sub only or sub chance modifiers, as this can be seen as a lottery of sorts, with the sub being the ticket. SBI have yet to clarify their stance on this, but I do agree that this is a problem overall.

Again though, with how twitch drops are formatted, it is not RMT because there is no Real Money involved in the Trade. The "trade" is you sitting in a stream with drops enabled by SBI (if you want to) for free stuff, either exclusively gained through twitch drops, or as non-tradable vanity items in game. SBI would definitely not do drops for any item with economic or in game value such as crafted gear or tradable skins.

Twitch drops are just a system to help them advertise their game better by getting more people from the game, over to the twitch. It works really well as boosted advertisement for them (increased viewership provided brings more viewers and streamers in which boosts the game population overall, exactly as we have seen in other examples such as EFT). More population is just good for us all, more people to play with, fight, craft, gather and trade.

I hope this helps clear it up slightly.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Equart wrote:

@RenKatal Actually people cares, due to how much new Twitch Streamers appear in Albion with pretty good view count for a such specific game , during the last year. Stats actually not bad.
      Also now there are much more new Albion YT channels that are keep growing and growing. And all of them , in most of the cases , focused on guides/solo/small scale gameplay.

So i think implementing such thing as Twitch Drops could be a nice idea. And about why people are not interested about "actual" competitive scene , is only because how it is working.

The reason why such scene was popular in DOTA/LOL is because of solo and random players, basically "pub". SBI is trying to represent it as something "elite" , without taking into account regular/casual players. And this is the main mistake , and the reason why it will never be successful and popular type of content. People can say - " just gather even with 5 random guys (via discord/chat/Guild/Friends) , and participate in this content , it is ez to do" . Well , unfortunately such logic is not working if you want to make such content viable for everyone. People are lazy, they want to do it now , without putting extra efforts in communication and have some fun.
      ---
      But since i'm criticizing SBI , here is simple solution.

1. Make que for everyone like in Arena , but this will be full loot PvP content. Let it be even separate event, in certain time , but it will work. And yeah , keep old crystals!

Yes, there will be chaos/problems/exploits/communication problems and other problems. But without it you will not build community that is interested in such content.

---
      And it would be the first step. Second step is to implement in-game party voice/better pings (commands, like chat wheel) etc.
      ---
      This is basics , that should be implemented to get into this content more people. And you will see how in future people will find teams/gather into groups and will participate in actual "Crystal Fights" . But the most important thing is that this content would be interesting for all people.
      I agree with you on a lot of levels. I agree with you that people are lazy and there should be a system in place that easily allows people to PUB crystal teams. Maybe another reason why high level crystals aren't really viewed or generally is because a lot of new players I talk to think that the PVP in this game is too hard to get into without being in a guild, or just get disheartened because their playstyle doesn't work in the open world like they hoped it would. I think adding full loot arenas and PUB crystals can solve this issue by making that sort of full loot content more accessible. But maybe I'm only saying that because I felt that corrupted dungeons wasn't quite the PVP experience I hoped it would be.