Support Albion Online Creators via Creator Codes

• Support Albion Online Creators via Creator Codes

Albion Online has been growing at a very quick rate over this past year, with some of the best content updates we've had and that being mixed in with Covid-19 people have been stuck at home looking for a new MMO. Most people turn to YouTuber's to see what they're playing and a great example is 'TheLazyPeon' with THIS video reviewing Albion Online which after a very solid review saw numbers explode. Proving content creators bring in players.

Another great example is Twitch, people browse future games via Twitch before playing, or just after for help on certain things they're stuck on in-game. We have some very dedicated streamers in the Albion community and they put hours upon hours a day into creating content for Albion Online community and potentiality future players looking for a new game.

So why can't SBI support those content creators..?

ALBION ONLINE CREATOR CODES

I am sure many of you have seen creator codes becoming popular in other games such as Call of Duty, Fortnite (and other EPIC Games), etc... these provide a kick-back when items are purchased via the games official in-game store, this is normally around 5% of the purchase overall value. This costs the consumer nothing, but provides a kick-back to their favorite content creator.

So, how would this work for Albion Online? Well, just like any other games... the dev' studio has a form you fill out on their website/forum and if you meet the requirements put in place, which is normally like 1,000 followers on 'X' platform (Twitch, YouTube, etc) and makes content regularly (3 times a month minimum) and if a creator meets the requirements they're given their own personal code which they can promote via their videos/streams.

BENEFITS FROM CREATOR CODES

The benefits for creator codes work for both parties (SBI & Creators) as content creators push their codes on their community it gives the players an incentive to support their favorite content creators and buy premium/gold/skins via the actual in-game store, GOLD being a major thing here... the hope would be more people would buy via the in-game store to support creators and not third party sites (which is ToS).

Also the incentives of kick-back from creating content on Albion Online is boosted, so more videos, more streams = more publicity for the game. More people streaming good content on Twitch means a higher ranking on the Twitch page, which also means more people might be checking out the game which might've not heard of Albion Online before.

The only downside is a 5% loss on purchases for SBI, but if more people are spending money on the real in-game store and more people are advertising the game, is it worth it? :huh:
      Tired of LAGGING in-game? Try ExitLag;
      Use my link & code 'ROBIN' for 20% off any plan!
      exitl.ag/robin
      youtube.com/c/robinhoodrs
    • What would justify an entry for a streamer to enter this ballpark? Image is everything for growth on a public platform such as twitch.

I support this idea fully especially if the developers full force back this up. I would like to add on top of this suggestion of change is good and best for growth of a player base that is rising out of control!

Content creators need more direction and analytics of player retention at all levels. When are they losing activity, what indicators are keeping player retention? Can you see how many times they've been invited to a guild, party in game, etc... HCE? Not HCE? Solo dungeon etc.
      twitch.tv/sohrab

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sohrab ().

• Can someone explain to me how paying streamers a share of game-store purchases doesn't qualify as either RMT or other TOS related issues?

For example: streamers offering in game rewards to viewers to use their code for purchases, etc.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Honestly, it'd be like a partner program. If sbi is cool with you and your content and your account is in good standing, you get a creator code or I dunno maybe even make a cool exclusive club for us streamers to be able to do fun things every month with simple exclusive things... Like a hat skin... Or something..

Obv requires like (for example) 2500 followers/subs or the like. Just a really neat way to recognize the people who are the forefront of showing off and involved in the world of Albion

With a program we could have a Discord with all the folks in it so creators could colab easily with each other or do in game events such as all streamers faction flag up as were all streaming and then we fight the world!.. Ectect stuff like that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by OMFGoddess ().

• Georg51 wrote:

So then wouldn't it count as RMT if a streamer, for example, offers viewers in game silver or items in exchange for using their code?
      It's about as much classified rmt as the subwheel giveaways some streamers do aka every x subs I give away an item - could that be considered rmt too then because the whole "I'm giving away something after getting a certain about of real life money" (cause each sub at a minimum is 2.50 to a streamers pocket)
    • OMFGoddess wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

So then wouldn't it count as RMT if a streamer, for example, offers viewers in game silver or items in exchange for using their code?
      It's about as much classified rmt as the subwheel giveaways some streamers do aka every x subs I give away an item - could that be considered rmt too then because the whole "I'm giving away something after getting a certain about of real life money" (cause each sub at a minimum is 2.50 to a streamers pocket)
      some streamers were told to stop doing the sub for gear or theyll get the hammah
    • LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

OMFGoddess wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

some streamers were told to stop doing the sub for gear or theyll get the hammah
      Really?

I didn't know that

As far as I know, every time I check the directory-- they are all using sub induced giveaways and RNG based activities. They do support the streamers! You just have to do it properly
      twitch.tv/sohrab
    • Late to this convo, but I cannot stress enough how any sort of program to help boost the content creators would be best for every single party. Better supported or funded streamers means better content, which means better higher quality entertainment for viewers which means better advertisement for the game.

To be completely honest I am unsure if Content Creator codes would be the best thing to push as far as what is needed to help push progress with content creation support forward.

A few things which have been widely successful for other games include:
      Twitch drops and partnership programs to help promote the content creators.
      Dev talks with a "round table like discussion" live on stream with the major content creators.
      Highlighted content or creative works made by the community on the launcher everyday.
      Even just retweeting a streamer/youtubers tweet on the launcher when they go live or release a video would be great! (This is also extremely low effort required)

There is honestly great content made everyday by the community and it's free real estate for SBI to simply just say "Hey check out this cool thing/video/livestream". Honestly through this it would greatly encourage more people to stop being lazy and make more creative works in hopes that it gets some attention in the community. The loop feeds back on itself.

I'm not saying Creator codes are a bad idea, but if we're gonna try to push SBI to make efforts to help support our content creation, I feel there might be better areas to focus on.