2 x Nature & Holy Staff in Arena

• 2 x Nature & Holy Staff in Arena

The above image is for illustration purposes only, the subject has nothing to do with (ShiroNeko47 or Papfaka) the players duelling.

I once asked mods what the rules are on using Nature & Holy staffs in arena are, if you only choose to play DPS.

They told me it's allowed if you choose fighter role.

No problem, right?

Well, there IS a problem.

Choosing Fighter role... doesn't change the way the weapon works... so what difference does it make if a player chooses fighter role or not?

That won't affect the way the match goes.

The only justification I can see for having to have players choose Healer or Fighter role is so that there is at least 1 healer on each team.

But other than that, it makes no real difference.

But here's the problem.

Nature & Holy staff users can heal themselves while doing damage. That is possible whether they choose Healer or Fighter role.

I have been thinking of trying some Nature & Holy staff builds myself, for a long time, but I chose not to after one match I brought in a Holy staff and I had my teammates saying "wtf? 2 healers?" So I decided to not bring it next time so I don't get reported even if I chose fighter role, and that's why I decided to ask 2 mods to find out for sure what the actual rules about it are.

Okay so now I just had an arena match, did about 20 matches today, but there was 1 match that really stood out as a problem. I've already won the 3 daily matches but Arena is my fave content so I do it for fun.

There were 2 Nature staffs on the other team.

They were able to sit next to each other healing each other, cancelling out any damage you do to 1 of them.

It was basically pointless to attack either one of them if the other was nearby or paying attention.

I could do it too... but I personally think it should not be allowed.

This situation (going up against a team in Arena that has 2 healing staffs) should NEVER happen to any player. It's stupid.

Demonicxxx's Thorns hits you...
      LEOgi's Thorns hits you...

And they can heal each other?

No ****ing way.

Should I just do it too?
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020

The post was edited 4 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

• I suggest you understand, how great nature works?

And healing sickness..

And I suggest you run full dps builds and not heal builds your self?

Now look: the nature have 2 heals..one is the nature shield one is the heal beam..

If you just attack one nature, the other one will heal..
      So u need to attack both same time even a dot from your curse on both is sufficient and the W is nullified

Now purge the one you target and it is GG..

An arena is a preparation for GvG.. having no purges is just stupidity.. any normal bow would go havoc on your team..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

I suggest you understand, how great nature works?

And healing sickness..

And I suggest you run full dps builds and not heal builds your self?

Now look: the nature have 2 heals..one is the nature shield one is the heal beam..

If you just attack one nature, the other one will heal..
      So u need to attack both same time even a dot from your curse on both is sufficient and the W is nullified

Now purge the one you target and it is GG..

An arena is a preparation for GvG.. having no purges is just stupidity.. any normal bow would go havoc on your team..
      I understand that you can either purge using the Fiend Cowl, or the Mage Robe.

The cooldown on a fiend cowl is 30 seconds. The cooldown on a mage robe is 45 seconds.

You can purge thorns, but what happens next? Will the nature staff user re-cast thorns? of course they will.

The second time, would you say that the solution is to purge it?

I hope not, because your purge is currently on cooldown.

I have a Fiend Cowl & Mage Robe in my inventory in every Arena match.

Your suggestion does not justify there being two nature staffs on 1 team, while the other team has 1 healing/dps weapon (in this case Holy staff).

Edit: By the way, I did just remember you can purge with a Daybreaker, and the cooldown matches Living Armor.

But that doesn't solve the problem of Thorns, and also that would be bringing a build with a very high chance you won't be going 1v1 against a Living Armor Nature Staff in the majority of Arena matches anyway.

Also, please don't mistake this thread as saying "Nature staff is overpowered" - <- That's not what this is.

This is about Arena, and there being more than 1 Holy or Nature staff on 1 team, and there not being equal amounts of heal/dps weapons on the other team.

Specifically THAT issue.

I don't think Nature staff is overpowered. Let's not get this confused.

Also I didn't want to post a stat sheet showing things going well, since I prefer to avoid boasting, but I don't agree with your suggestion that I 'run full dps builds and not heal builds myself'.

Not EVERY match I have goes badly, this one I posted about today was the odd one out, it went very badly, but that isn't the typical outcome. It happens, and I enjoy Arena because it allows me to meet the flaws in my builds and strategies and refine them. I value both wins & losses since I learn from both.

Anyway so bringing this back on topic, I don't think we should be allowed to *bring in a holy or nature staff if we aren't the Healer role in Arena specifically.

And if we ARE, I don't EVER want to be reported if I choose to do it* (see hash above).

I don't think it's fair to do it*, but if things will stay exactly the way they are, I would be obliged to do it*, even if I choose not to.

Right now I'm considering to just forfeit the match if I see there are 2 healers on the other team. To be fair I should forfeit the match if there are 2 healers on my team also.

Would I be reported for that?

I'm not really sure the solution to this.

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020

The post was edited 6 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

• I've figured it out.

I get it.

At the end of an Arena match we can check how much Healing was done, and that would show if the player who queued as a Fighter role but used a Nature or Holy staff was doing healing over a certain threshold, and if they were it proves they were abusing the system, cheating by having 2 healers.

It's different if a player is using a Nature of Holy staff specifically for the Damage dealing abilities, but if they are mostly using it for Damage & Healing, this is unfair and unbalanced.

I just learned something, if I say 'unfair' nobody cares, but if I say 'unbalanced' that's a problem that might need to be taken seriously.

I'm telling you now, if SBI won't stop players from using Nature or Holy staff in Arena, I'm going to start making builds that do it abusively and players will be just as annoyed with it as I am.

I won't do it because I want to play unfairly, but out of protest I would be willing to.

There is currently nothing stopping an entire team from using Nature or Holy staffs, as long as 4 out of 5 of them select 'Fighter' role, like that changes anything about the actual use of the weapons.

Should I do it? This is FIGHTER role, not HEALER... I've already had TWO mods confirm it's allowed

The post was edited 2 times, last by PenguinSniper ().