Refer One Friend and Claim a Panda Mount Skin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Refer One Friend and Claim a Panda Mount Skin

A new referral season is here! From now until December 1, refer your friends and claim your very own Panda mount skin. This skin transforms your Direbear base mount into a fuzzy, ferocious Giant Panda – and once you've unlocked it, it can be used by all characters on your account forever.

Learn more about referral rewards and how to get them here: albiononline.com/en/news/refer…nd-claim-panda-mount-skin
    • You need to make the Panda bigger in game. It's adorable and I personally prefer smaller skins to larger ones, but if you are going to show us that picture to promote it, you should make it actually look like the picture.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • @PrintsKaspian
      Hi, I have mixed feelings, on the one hand I'm very happy that an animal like a panda got into AO, I like this animal in real life, however I'm disappointed that it's like a direbear skin, since I don't use direbear at all, so panda skin is useless to me.
      I understand that it is probably best suited for direbear (after all, it is such a teddy bear :P ), but on the other hand, how many players in the game riding on direbear?
      I'd rather have this skin on ox or as a mammoth, but I'm saying I understand why you chose direbear.
      I haven't bought this skin yet, and I don't even know if I will do it considering that as I wrote direbear I practically don't use it at all, so I can't judge what a panda looks like in the game, but according to the picture it looks good. :)
      But I'll probably get this skin anyway and I'll hope that in the future SBI will make direbear a cheaper mount and therefore more usable in OW. ;)
      So, on my side, thanks, but on the other hand, a skin that is not yet usable for me(which will change in the future). :)
    • Honestly I would probably buy the skin even if it was worth 20M silver, would have probably forked over some IRL cash for the skin... but I ain't buying a direbear of 35-50M + 10M for skin just to use it now and then, the choice of mount to use it for may have been a bad choice as you will probably get a lot of referrals for this skin BUT once people see what the actual mount costs are they will most likely give up on it.

A better choice may have been to use it as a polar bear skin as that is easily accessible for most of the albion community and people will probably buy the skins and refer a lot more people, the person that thought it out had a good idea for a skin but bad when it came to the mount itself.
    • I have never been so happy to see a refer a friend skin in all my time playing this game
      all i have ever wanted was a panda to go on some adventures with.

but

why did you have to ruin that dream with the fact that we now need, not only a very rare mount but one that costs an arm and leg.
      including the selling of some organs to just afford.

i can't truly describe the disappointment i am feeling at the moment.

there are other bears that could have been used.

thank you for shattering so many people's dreams
    • Indeed, direbear is certainly the most useless mount so far, thus some changes would be nice.

T8 direbear has only like what, 20% more carry weight than t8 ox ? And it´s actually slower than T8 ox by 10%.

If anyone is gonna buy a strong mount, they will either buy t8 ox for decent price, or if they want upgrade - they will go for mammoth.

But who would sacrifice 10% speed for 20% carry capacity, when such mounts 20-30 + milions ? While T8 ox is 1.5m.

Some balance changes would certainly be nice, make the bear - panda great .
    • noxmortus wrote:

SBI missed the mark here. Had it been a Polar Bear skin, the number of people who would buy a months premium would be significantly higher than a direbear. A mount that is never used and few own.
      What? You don’t get it for buying a months premium. You get it for referrals (and self referring is against the ToS remember...)
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

noxmortus wrote:

SBI missed the mark here. Had it been a Polar Bear skin, the number of people who would buy a months premium would be significantly higher than a direbear. A mount that is never used and few own.
      What? You don’t get it for buying a months premium. You get it for referrals (and self referring is against the ToS remember...)

lol, you then fail to understand the value of the silver/gold sink that the monthly referral system is.
    • Please alter the requirements for the use of this skin to a more commonly used 'base mount'... the polar bear or grizzly bear, or an ox.

It is misleading to players to say 'your very own panda mount' when for the majority of players it isn't usable- and therefore, does not represent a reward (or reinforcer).

I know that the fine print clearly states the direbear, but... please. Most players who got excited about the skin stopped reading at that point and worked on earning the achievement.

Think of all the sad, underutilized pandas.

Love your game,

Balrogs

The post was edited 1 time, last by Balrogs ().

• Either way, it's still a good investment (maybe just buy a few pieces from the market, like 10), firstly, mostly these things gain in value over time and secondly, you know SBI and his awesome updates, today expensive direbear, in 3 months update where from direbear will be the commonly used mount in OW (like swiftclaw ..). So .. ;)
    • Midgard wrote:

noxmortus wrote:

lol, you then fail to understand the value of the silver/gold sink that the monthly referral system is.
      Go on then ... explain it to me in detail and remember to show how making the skin applicable to polar bears would increase this gold/silver sink ...
      I will explain it to you as if to a child, as it seems it will be the only way you will understand.

Polarboar mount
      * costs ~500k
      * is a faction-based mount so is obtainable for all players

Direbear mount costs (shall we say 30mil with current inflation)
      * must be lucky to get a drop from direbear in openworld or from breeding. The drop rate is extremely low.
      * very few players have access to the bear even if they have the silver to buy it. There just isn't enough in the game.

If people want a limited addition skin that i must buy with one month's subscription (and you buy it even simply by referring someone else); most people want a skin they can use on a common mount.
      There is little incentive for the majority of the player base to buy the referral, as most will never have the opportunity to use the skin. Therefore keeping 8.5mil in circulation that could otherwise be removed from the game.
    • noxmortus wrote:

I will explain it to you as if to a child, as it seems it will be the only way you will understand.

Polarboar mount
      * costs ~500k
      * is a faction-based mount so is obtainable for all players

Direbear mount costs (shall we say 30mil with current inflation)
      * must be lucky to get a drop from direbear in openworld or from breeding. The drop rate is extremely low.
      * very few players have access to the bear even if they have the silver to buy it. There just isn't enough in the game.

If people want a limited addition skin that i must buy with one month's subscription (and you buy it even simply by referring someone else); most people want a skin they can use on a common mount.
      There is little incentive for the majority of the player base to buy the referral, as most will never have the opportunity to use the skin. Therefore keeping 8.5mil in circulation that could otherwise be removed from the game.
      Yeah .. thats what I though .. not a fucking clue.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Where is the right place to use this link ? The whole system for recruiting isnt working well. Recruited players doesnt recive nothing, before system was much more better. You pay for key, but you get nice rewards. Please, reconsider referral system. Add mentors or option to tag a player who recruited you. You need to imporeve that alot.
    • Sas3bg wrote:

Where is the right place to use this link ? The whole system for recruiting isnt working well. Recruited players doesnt recive nothing, before system was much more better. You pay for key, but you get nice rewards. Please, reconsider referral system. Add mentors or option to tag a player who recruited you. You need to imporeve that alot.
      you can see in your referals if someone nef was refered by you and such. And the person who gave you link can then share the rewards with you i guess