Black Market

• Patch Log 4 for 9/9/2020:

Other Changes

• With the Rise of Avalon update we‘ve seen a significant increase in both player numbers and player activity. This has resulted in a corresponding increase to the amount of Silver flowing into the game. As we want to combat inflation to preserve the value and buying power of existing player and guild Silver reserves, we‘ve reduced the Silver output and Black Market order generation in a number of extremely valuable areas to compensate and bring them more in line with projected values. The resulting variance is roughly only 5%, which applies to black zone cluster bonuses and bonuses derived from black zone cluster bonuses such as Hellgates and some difficulties of Corrupted Dungeons.
    • 5% guys, Thats not the problem, The main reason is more players are using the BM. 5% isn't going to change your sell time from 1 min to 1 day. Also with more players playing the 5% will makeup its self because more players will be picking up silver which some goes toward the BM for buy orders on the BM. So really the change shouldn't effect much. Also more people looting chests and shit like that meaning the BM needs to fill more orders also. Its a balance, But more players = longer sell items period. Roads change the amount of players A lot. There are tons of roads that lead you right to caerleon from almost anywhere.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• I believe I understand what Luis is saying and I believe he is correct. SBI lowered the buy rates and price increments, so something that would be sold at 100k every hour now takes almost 8 to 10 hours to hit that 100k value. Alongside these nerfs they also nerfed dungeon loot across the board for all dungeons. Also since price increments are lower, loot drops are lower, and buy rates are lower this means that only a select few players will actually make decent silver from the black market. There is only a shortage of loot and less profit margin being made because of outside manipulation. None of these nerfs make sense if they are trying to stop inflation since its literally causing inflation. Less loot at lower frequency means higher prices= inflation. This is basic economics. What it seems they are actually trying to do is prevent deflation, which would actually be beneficial to the majority of players but hurt SBI themselves since they rely on the value of the silver to be high due to their in-game purchases of gold. The loot and black market will only get worse, trying to manipulate the player based economy is exactly what's hurting the economy. Capitalism is good for the consumer and the producer as long as their is balance. Right now the balance is tilted in the favor of the rich players. If prices drop then more players can afford to pvp, more PvP means more items get trashed, more items get trashed prices go up. Its a natural wave and flow that occurs, just like real life some builds become more expensive some builds drop in price, but forcing the entire economy into a stalemate by fucking with the loot will ruin this game. You have to be blind to not see the current trend. The more players that join Albion, the more they nerf the loot to "preserve the economy". That's total b's. What happens when Albion hit 500k players daily, 1 million? To "preserve the economy" you would cause the black market to come to a stand still. In reality you should be increasing buy rates, price increments, and loot drops across the board so that YES PRICES DROP. After the drop they will rise and then they will drop and then they will rise. This would be true balance. Flow like a river, not a stagnant pond.

The post was edited 1 time, last by YUJlR0 ().

• tabooshka wrote:

please, just stop and read how BM works

Exactly the issue.
      The 5% change behind the scenes is a minor issue, the problem is that the number of ignorants using the BM has increased 500%. Before, there were a handful of morons who did not care to properly learn about the game mechanics, now the game is flooded with idiots who do not care to know how things work.
      Some clown posting a stack of 20 items for a slow moving item and then modifying his price of the stack several times a day is harmless as he only kills his own profitability with market fees and he will leave the BM when he realizes it is not profitable (for him).
      But, it only takes one or two morons to lower the price with tens of thousands silver to ruin the profitability for themselves and everybody else on an individual item. Most likely, they belong to the same group of idiots who think that materials they gather themselves have no cost!
      Earlier, you could just ignore the item with no profitability and then you could sell your item at a reasonable price a few days later.
      Back then, the price of a few items were messed up for a day or two at the time while you had many alternatives. Now there are so many morons, that a lot more items are unprofitable and the wait for the market to correct itself is much much longer.
      I know SBI cannot introduce an IQ test to give players access to the BM, but maybe they could do a compulsory tutorial or require that you have to qualify as Grandmaster or Elder Adventurer to use the BM.
      It could seem that stupidity is contagious like Covid, but the percentage of stupidos is constant. The problem is that with the high influx of new players, there is a natural increase in the number of stupid players ruining the BM for themselves and everybody else.
    • TSkebee wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

Exactly the issue.
      The 5% change behind the scenes is a minor issue, the problem is that the number of ignorants using the BM has increased 500%. Before, there were a handful of morons who did not care to properly learn about the game mechanics, now the game is flooded with idiots who do not care to know how things work.
      Some clown posting a stack of 20 items for a slow moving item and then modifying his price of the stack several times a day is harmless as he only kills his own profitability with market fees and he will leave the BM when he realizes it is not profitable (for him).
      But, it only takes one or two morons to lower the price with tens of thousands silver to ruin the profitability for themselves and everybody else on an individual item. Most likely, they belong to the same group of idiots who think that materials they gather themselves have no cost!
      Earlier, you could just ignore the item with no profitability and then you could sell your item at a reasonable price a few days later.
      Back then, the price of a few items were messed up for a day or two at the time while you had many alternatives. Now there are so many morons, that a lot more items are unprofitable and the wait for the market to correct itself is much much longer.
      I know SBI cannot introduce an IQ test to give players access to the BM, but maybe they could do a compulsory tutorial or require that you have to qualify as Grandmaster or Elder Adventurer to use the BM.
      It could seem that stupidity is contagious like Covid, but the percentage of stupidos is constant. The problem is that with the high influx of new players, there is a natural increase in the number of stupid players ruining the BM for themselves and everybody else.
      You just sound very salty.
      I'm not using the BM myself and I am not exactly sure how the economics behind this work but I think part of the problem is that there is not much information about how to efficently use the BM. The new people are maybe just trying to get into BM trading but need to learn everything on their own. Of course you make mistakes when you start but I bet you made mistakes, too when you started this.
      Maybe you should just transition to another way of making silver.
    • tabooshka wrote:

YUJlR0 wrote:

Less loot at lower frequency means higher prices= inflation
      ummm.... I think you should buddy. Yall can say it just 5 percent but do you even know what that 5 percent pertains too? Prior to nerfs the BM would place a buy order with lets say a 10 percent price increase every 5 minutes. So in a relatively short time the item would reach its optimal sell price around an hour of its existence. Now reduce price increments by 5 percent, time to increment, and rate orders are placed by 5 percent. Now a buy order which would be created and finished within an hour now takes 5 hours. Couple this with a 5 percent decrease in loot drops and you can now see how massive a nerf this really was.
    • ntwws wrote:

previous patches I made profit form black market 1-2 m per hour but now it takes 6-10 hours or overnight. it sad but all almost items sold out
      So you bitching because instead of making the money in 1 or 2 minutes it now takes 6 to 10 hours to make the same amount? And all your items sold? Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, Its simple more people using the BM the longer the sell timers. If you stood there updating your sell orders it prob would sell faster than that 6 to 10 hours. The roads made access to the BM much easier, Why can't people seem to understand this. People just mad because they have to share the BM now instead of milking it all to yourselfs. You should have been here when caerleon had its own portal then you would understand. I'm sorry I don't feel for you, The roads was a needed addition to bring more players access to the BM. Also I have noticed the loot has gotten better since the roads were added because there are more and better items being added by all different players now using the BM because of the access roads give. Instead of the few that would run through the red zones.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().