EASY ANTI CHEAT DISCONNECTS

• Jaynel wrote:

Ok i fixed my bug and have had a good 5hrs runtime without D/C and i hope 1 of these 2 things can help you all:

2nd (most likely but also ludacris) - in the launcher I changed my video settings from Borderless full screen to Fullscreen and downgraded my quality from ultra to high at the same time - yup thats it. I am 95% percent certain that this was the fix for my 4 day dilema. I really hope that this was it for you all too.
      Thanks for sharing, Jaynel! Sadly this didn't work for me. Still having the same issue.
    • Dagother wrote:

Hey guys, so just a quick update - we've checked current EAC kicks and those are valid ones, it has nothing to do with the patch. With upcoming patch #6, which is already on the test server we've added additional message to EAC disconnect window, which will state the reason for the kick - in general if you're starting the game via launcher and you're getting kicked then there's a specific reason for that, and best way then as I stated before, is to check the guidlines and troubleshooting at easy.ac/en-us/support/ and if nothing helps contact EAC tech support directly at easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/tech/ , for players that were banned via EAC or get disconnected via EAC because of illegal tool you can appeal the ban at easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/appeal/
      It was kicking me for what it suspected was slow loading when it was my ping

but since exit lag it has settled
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      trades- services - artists - land rentals
      join today!

discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN
    • It was OK for like 4 days for me and today it happens again. At least there is a description message "Booting tool detected".

Googling it gives 0 info. Difference in system between yesterday and today is only that my computer was asleep, BUT at the morning I could play. So only after the restart EAC kicks me out as before.

Of course EAC support hasn't respond to my ticket from last Thursday, but I guess our mods will say smth like "go and make another one coz we dont care". I am 100% sure that my system has not any hacks/viruses or things that are messing up with a game. Why can I play for 4 days and then suddenly it kicks me out on 5th? And after some time it will let me play as it was before.

Shame...
    • Yesterday:
      One hour before server restart - everything fine.
      One hour after - also fine.

Today:
      One hour before server restart - everything fine.
      One hour after - YouR SyStem iS wRonG. Booting tool detected.

Yeah ofc, tell me more about my services that are wrong and awesome EAC that is blocking all only cheaters
    • @Shkarpetka I'd recommend checking your running apps - some of auto-clicker/auto-hotkey apps or any type of app that might automate certain activities in-game might be forbidden by EAC and could lead to disconnect via EAC. In such case you would get the "Botting tool detected" message after disconnect. If you cannot find such app on your pc, I'd recommend scanning your PC for viruses/malware but the last restort would be to contact EAC and wait for their assistance since SBI has no access to EAC detection methods.
    • Oh, wow, now I'm getting "Botting tool detected", wow! What a amazing improve...amazing because is stupid! WTF I don't have nothing installed on my pc...btw what is a botting tool? There's nothing in this web, nothing in Google, also nothing in EAC web.
      Well, time to leave this game due to shitty mods that only are saying us we are cheaters lmao
      I don't want to wait 2 weeks for EAC support, I'm officially out of this game, but hey! who cares? At least SBI don't care about me or about anyone having the same problem...thanks!

Good bye y'all, hope you can find a fix to this and continue playing!

P.S: Mods are't answer my post anymore lmao I just left them quiet lol
    • I suggest to shut down all background applications in the windows tray, especially those related to audio video codecs. Only a shield from windows security will remain.
      Computer resource control programs, for example Icue from Corsair, also cause trouble.

EAC little sucks :P :D
    • asshopo wrote:

NaniBot wrote:

asshopo wrote:

NaniBot wrote:

Dagother wrote:

Hey guys, so just a quick update - we've checked current EAC kicks and those are valid ones, it has nothing to do with the patch. With upcoming patch #6, which is already on the test server we've added additional message to EAC disconnect window, which will state the reason for the kick - in general if you're starting the game via launcher and you're getting kicked then there's a specific reason for that, and best way then as I stated before, is to check the guidlines and troubleshooting at easy.ac/en-us/support/ and if nothing helps contact EAC tech support directly at easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/tech/ , for players that were banned via EAC or get disconnected via EAC because of illegal tool you can appeal the ban at easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/appeal/
      Just tested.... Having autohotkey on to bind anything (e.g. volume controls) kicks you with the message of "Botting tool detected"Edit: forums error messages are badly configured too - if I just paste the image in the message body, it wont post saying it has too many characters rofl - so I have to change to attachment, which crops the already little image in both sides.
      See, at least you get a message. I get no message, I just get booted with the top portion of your screen shot. I'm also not running AHK, tho I do have it installed for things unrelated to games.
      I dont want to be rude, but to get the message you need to login into the test server, not the main one. Dagother just stated that in the message you replied yourself.
      No that's 100% fair. I glossed over that part. Next time it starts happening for me, I'll check staging. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does, I have to stop playing for some unknown amount of time before it stops booting me.
      And not a single boot since Saturday night. I know others are still having the issue. But tell me why it was a problem for 3 days straight and then suddenly no more issues? I've changed nothing. EAC is the problem, has been on every game I've played that uses it.
    • Partheas wrote:

Oh, wow, now I'm getting "Botting tool detected", wow! What a amazing improve...amazing because is stupid! WTF I don't have nothing installed on my pc...btw what is a botting tool? There's nothing in this web, nothing in Google, also nothing in EAC web.
      Well, time to leave this game due to shitty mods that only are saying us we are cheaters lmao
      I don't want to wait 2 weeks for EAC support, I'm officially out of this game, but hey! who cares? At least SBI don't care about me or about anyone having the same problem...thanks!

Good bye y'all, hope you can find a fix to this and continue playing!

P.S: Mods are't answer my post anymore lmao I just left them quiet lol
      I am as frustrated as you are that we are experiencing this, but let's not take this out on the moderators. They have zero control over a third party software. Even then, they're not tech support. They're just here to make sure we stay on topic and don't do bad things.

They're doing the best they can. Being rude doesn't solve/help anyone. Just makes you look like a mean person.

My update is that last night I had zero issues while playing, not a single kick-out of game. But today, it has happened a few times. Same "botting" error that everyone seems to be getting. I am really not sure why this is so inconsistent. I suggest we all keep posting here with any updates we have/changes we've noticed to see if we still experience them together -- and let us know if we find any fixes/workarounds. I'm still waiting on the EAC support ticket I opened a few days ago. Patience is a virtue?
    • Update:

A legacy audio codec pack CCCP on my PC was triggering the EAC. This was last loaded on my computer in 2017. I did it to watch mkv files in windows media player. I uninstalled the codec and rebooted my PC. My solution was based on suggestions above about looking for an audio codec from other players. I guess EAC updated their screening. Although, it does draw into question how much does one company decides how you use your own computer. Been logged in for an 30 minutes, used a couple of my characters. Just in time for the latest black screen zone loading bug.

Although SBI says they have no access to what EAC is doing, SBI should ask for more transparency from EAC to better communicate with its customers. The customer care and forum moderators response have been unhelpful. An experience not worth continuing a subscription for, which I have corrected.
    • @Veetus do you have any update for us?

Update from me: I still having no answer from EAC tech support. I uninstalled a lot of things from my pc (codecs, unused programs and games), but doesn't work at all.

I agree with @Delciudad when says that SBI should ask more transparency from EAC, because we all know Mods can't be our tech support, but they can ask transparency to EAC to know what is the problem, why is affecting us, that is the thing that makes me mad, they aren't doing all they can, meanwhile we can even play the game for a week.

We need more information, we need a solution. @Dagother & @Evas_Flarelight, please give us more information about the problem.
    • Rack up yet ANOTHER person this is happening to (ME)! I painstakingly read all 5 pages, hoping there was a resolution somewhere in there for me. Sadly, not...

I DO have to say, to all the people "knocking" the mods, you have NO idea how things work. Moderators are LITERALLY just to *moderate* the forums, they HAVE *nothing* to do with the game/co or this stupid anti cheat crap company either... So all they really CAN do is say "contact support" or "contact EAC support"... If neither one of those two help you (us) then we're EFFED...!

That being said, maybe it's about time the company than runs this game DUMPS "eac"!!! I was about to submit a ticket to EAC too, until I saw the RIDICULOUS 3-14 day response time - that is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable...! From what it looks like on this thread alone, it also doesn't look like contacting Albion Online is doing anything either... By the looks of it you're (we're) getting the notorious department transfers like when you're on phone support: "Oh you need department X, let me transfer you" (department X picks up) "oh you need department Y, let me transfer you" (department Y picks up) ~ RINSE LATHER REPEAT until you're so pissed off you hang up @.@ So that being said, I don't think I'm likely to even waste my time or effort contacting EITHER company!

I may periodically check to see if I can ever play again, but if not, oh well, I was a new player anyway! It'll just be one less game that occupies (read: wastes) my time! Basically, either they fix it or they don't, and I really don't care either way!

DETAILS:
      -getting kicked out of game after some arbitrary time ~ 2-30 seconds seems to be the 'norm'
      -steam user - game launched from steam!
      -with the message: " You were disconnected by Easy Anti-Cheat. Please make sure you launch Albion Online through the game launcher! For more information and troubleshooting, please visit easy.ac/en-us/support/ Message: Botting tool detected " [screenshot included]
      -NO, I don't have any "bots" or AHK installed or running. Game (Albion Online) worked just fine the first THREE DAYS I played it (told you I was new!), all of a sudden I'm having this problem. NOT very re-assured seeing the issue being "rampant" enough to have this thread (any maybe others like it?) going!

• Well, I ultimately decided to send in a ticket to Albion Online, figuring they don't read these forums...! Figured I could at least let them know of the issue, and that would possibly better help them track how many people this is really happening to...! After all, the smaller the number of people it's happening to, the less likely they are to care! The more people it's happening to, the more likely they are to care!

All I know is this does NOT lie on me, I changed absolutely NOTHING about my PC from when I could play the game without problem, to now getting this problem! So *clearly* the problem is Albion and/or EAC... I also got very blunt with them, in my ticket I directly said: " I have ZERO interest in contacting EAC either, with their RIDICULOUS 3-14 DAY period of waiting for a response... Plus, I am not the one who "hired" them (you did). So, to be brutally honest, it's not even MY "job" to contact them, maybe YOU guys should be HOUNDING them about why ANY of YOUR customers are being erroneously kicked out of YOUR game! "
    • Update: it seems like I can play again.

I turn off antivirus (Avast in my case), I close every single program running in background, in my case the program that comes with my RAM (Toughram), a program to stylize windows wallpaper (RainMeter) and Ableton Live Enhacement Suite. That's all I have running in backgorund on my pc.

I don't know if this can work for you guys, but try closing everything till the game works lol
    • Partheas wrote:

let's blame EAC
      EAC may be to blame, indeed. However (and this is a HUGE however): It is NOT my responsibility to contact them, despite the fact that the error message says exactly that...

Put it this way; if I buy a DELL computer and I have a problem with the CPU; it would be VERY unprofessional of DELL to tell me "CALL INTEL". It's like, UHM NO, I bought this from YOU, so I'm calling YOU about a problem with my CPU, YOU take care of it!

Or, it'd be like buying a car, and you take it into the dealership to get your fuel pump fixed/replaced, and they're like "oh sorry we can't do anything about this, why don't you try contacting ACDELCO" LMAO

Like, NO, I didn't chose to use EAC, YOU did; just like I didn't chose INTEL in my DELL, or ACDELCO in my car... That was a decision YOUR COMPANY made, so YOU have to FIX it... or have EAC fix it on your behalf... Because, again, I'm an end user of SBI, NOT EAC...