Can you gain combat fame via PvP only?

• Can you gain combat fame via PvP only?

Is there anyway in this game to "level up" via PvP?

In Albion Online terms, can you gain combat fame purely via PvP. This of course would be above and beyond the couple of tomes you can get per day from Arena as that seems like progression that was would be very slow.
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!
    • Piddle wrote:

1. Kill Person
      2. Loot Person
      3. Sell Loot
      4. Buy Tomes of Insight

The PvE fame for PvP activities, like hell gates, is also much higher and the activities tend to pay out in more Tomes.
      This is probably feasible, but one could make the silver to purchase tomes by many other means, or even just purchase a satchel and grind solo dungeons. This method also relies on getting back to town with your loot without being killed yourself.

To be more specific, my inquiry was if combat fame could be gained purely via PvP. e.g. You kill someone, you gain combat fame directly. Basically in the same way you gain combat fame from PvE.

Thank you for the reply!
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!
    • Midgard wrote:

And the reason that you cannot gain fame to raise skills through PvP is that it would be very easy to abuse using an alt or a friend.
      Really? There have been plenty of games where you could level up through pvp. Sometimes paranoia is the killer.

Why don't I play AO anymore? Because you have to do crappy pve to level up. Why could I not recruit me friends to play AO? Because you have to do crappy pve to level up.
    • Piddle wrote:

1. Kill Person
      2. Loot Person
      3. Sell Loot
      4. Buy Tomes of Insight

The PvE fame for PvP activities, like hell gates, is also much higher and the activities tend to pay out in more Tomes.
      Exactly, I don't understand why people don't do this more often.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]