Demon helmet - Hush delay

• Demon helmet - Hush delay

Hello,
      Silence is not applied immediately after hitting enemy with demon helmet ability hush.

After autoattacking enemy silence occurs after 1 second. But silence is still counting during that time.

So if total silence time in the skill description is 6 seconds it will be 5 seconds instead.

Silence should be applied immediately or silence counter should start after silence is applied.
    • i think its good now like this with a delay, the silence dose scale with IP and CC boosting foods and skills, its not a skill shot there are literally no counter if the opponent is ranged.
      [i]“Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves”[/i]
    • Gaava wrote:

Hello,
      Silence is not applied immediately after hitting enemy with demon helmet ability hush.

After autoattacking enemy silence occurs after 1 second. But silence is still counting during that time.

So if total silence time in the skill description is 6 seconds it will be 5 seconds instead.

Silence should be applied immediately or silence counter should start after silence is applied.
      One more newcomer thinks he know the life

Bro IF that silence would work without delay -that make outplay chance 0%
      You’ll CRY after facing oneshot setups you could not block
      Imagine “all in” hellion shoes-robe-demon helmet-1h curse -cc offhand
      Stack dots, shoes, silence- bomb that you couldn’t block = win
      That’s only the easiest example

You just asking things you don’t understand
    • Orgrum wrote:

Hey everyone :)

I also checked out the bug and there is indeed a 1 second delay after using the hush D from demon helmet.

Ill talk to our Gamedesigners and see if the delay is intended or not.
      OH DUDE COME ON!

The bottom line of the OP: 1 sec delay between buffed auto attack and silence application is INTENDED. Period. It is needed for balance purpose.

The problem described in OP is that silence duration includes 1 second delay before application as a part of general ability CC duration - so it is calculated from buffed auto attack instead of silence application moment as it would make more sense. In other words, whatever duration you have in your ability description - feel free to substract 1 second from it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: Please keep the reports civil. ().

• basically what zumzat said, maybe with less insults

fairly sure the 1s silence delay is intended as that allows iframing it (otherwise it would be super busted) as well as requiring the commitment of other skills if you want it to land (eg. demon helm + stun run)

the fact it counts down during the 'wind up' time might not be intended, but one could also argue that the silence is fine as it is with its reduced length right now. I would definitely suggest just asking @Retroman in regards to the current state, because i believe the entire ability is currently balanced based on it working this way
    • So to conclude:

The 1s delay between hitting an enemy with the buffed autoattack and the silence being applied is intentional. As others have already stated this is due to balancing reasons.

The fact that the displayed silence time in the spell tooltip can be higher than the actual silence time is due to the targets CC reduction. I tested the spell on a target with 0 CC reduction and the silence lasts exactly as long as it is stated in the spelldescription. This means the 1s delay does not have an impact on the ACTUAL duration of the silence. This is also the intended behavior from Gamedesign side.

Thanks for all your input !