Concerns regarding upcoming axe changes

• Concerns regarding upcoming axe changes

Upcoming change is this : "
      • Removed Rending Swing (all Axes)
      • Added a new Q-Slot Ability: Rending Rage (all Axes)
        • A series of attacks hitting enemies up to 3 times in in a cone in front of you. Each hit deals 50 physical damage. On the third hit you will leap up to 9m forward and additionally enemies hit will be rooted for 1s. After the third hit the ability will go on cooldown, If you wait for 3s between attacks the Rage times out and begins with the first hit again, in this case the ability doesn't go on cooldown.
        • Each hit also inflicts a Rending Bleed. / Cooldown: 7s / Energycost: 2 (per hit)
      • Rending Bleed Duration: 5s -> 6s"

And the current Q ( which is now being removed for who knows why ) is this :

• Rending Swing (all Axes)

• Hit Delay: 0.3s

• Energycost: 3

• Healing Reduction per stack: 7% -> 5%
        • Damage: 144.60

• Cooldown: 3 seconds
      Not sure if the damage on this old Q is correct, for balance changes aren´t too clear there. But if it is true, then this change seems it will reduce the damage of axes a lot, and make them somewhat opposite of what avalonian dagger is. This will make stacking bleed much faster, but the overall damage will be lower.

For PVE, this seems really bad - not only the overall damage will be lower, jumping 9m forward might make it a bit awkward as well.

For PVP: If it is really fast and it leaps you forward, it could be somewhat interesting - though it´s hard to imagine it. If it´s slow, anyone can just evade it ? What good is root for 1 seconds if people can simply evade it even without movement speed ? And it´s not like axes have any CC anyway. + If you root someone and then you leap forward, then you have to run back, wasting time to damage ? Eh ?

For anything: Energy cost. So energy cost is 2 per hit. Three hits = 6 energy cost. The cooldown is essentially 3 seconds and if the channel is under 1 second, we can say the energy consumption is 6 every +- 4 seconds. That´s a LOT. Axes can´t keep up with energy as it is already. If axe is down on energy, even the previous Q can be barely kept up. If axe runs out of mana now, it won´t even be able to cast Q on cooldown, making it useless in any prolonged fight. If lymhurst cape gets purged, axe becomes a sitting duck. And forcing axe users to wear scholar cowls makes them less viable for other kinds of contents for scholar cowl is 1 slot wasted ( head piece ).

One other concern: " If you wait for 3s between attacks the Rage times out and begins with the first hit again, in this case the ability doesn't go on cooldown. " ---- Does this mean autoattacks won´t be a thing anymore ? Well, it´s not like axe have any good passive. Either way, to punish using autoattacks by increasing cooldown on Q seems a bit awkward and is bound to reduce damage of axes a lot. With previous Q, rotating autoattacks between skills and such was a matter of rather high skill - it was basically a difference between a skilled user and a bad user, the ability to dish out autoattacks between skills and rotate them properly.
      Now with axe being punished for hitting autoattacks, this matter of skill is gone now. That also means damage of axe will be reduced. What about adding some passive to make autoattacks more viable, rather than autoattacks to just be damage, and also a damage that increases cooldown of your Q ?

Also, why not just keep the current Q ? Many weapons have 3 Q, axes have only two Q so far. And it´s not like axes are OP or anything with the current Q.

Well,i guess we will see how it goes. Though axes being extremely mana hungry, this will make them mana hungry even more, which is a bit concern.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • KayOneDee wrote:

i hope they don't remove old aoe q this sounds like it might be clunky for zvz
      What, you don´t want to leap forward into enemy zerg ? :D

Yeah this could be clunky and completely unusable in pvp. Anything that isn´t instantenous or almost instantenous is absolutely easy to counter, and this could be a huge problem - not to mention if it´s stationary ( which i assume it is ), what´s gonna happen then ? It will make you leap forward and then you have to run back to character ?

And what if character will just run into opposite direction while ur leaping ? Well that´s gonna screw you over.

And what about it being extremely mana hungry while axes already have mana issues ? Is it possible this will make axes even worse than they are ? I hope not. We will see.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Wait I think they listened....or did I misunderstand? And upped the damage from it i think? Maybe the bleeds won't be put on as often though.
      • Removed Rending Swing (all Axes)
      • Rending Swing (all Axes)
        • Damage: 50.02 -> 62.00
        • The Bleed is now only applied if the outer blade hits an enemy.
        • The ability is now called Rending Spin
      • Added a new Q-Slot Ability: Rending Rage (all Axes)
        • A series of attacks hitting enemies up to 3 times in in a cone in front of you. Each hit deals 50 physical damage. On the third hit you will leap up to 9m forward and additionally enemies hit will be rooted for 1s. After the third hit the ability will go on cooldown, If you wait for 3s between attacks the Rage times out and begins with the first hit again, in this case the ability doesn't go on cooldown.
        • Each hit also inflicts a Rending Bleed. / Cooldown: 7s / Energycost: 2 (per hit)
        • Jump Time on 3rd Q: 0.75s -> 0.5s

The post was edited 4 times, last by ViLEuo ().

• oh yeah, this seems rather nice. Keeping the old Q and buffing it´s damage is very good - after all, the Q was very weak. Question is how the bleed will be applied with the old Q, can´t imagine it now. We will see.

The jump being too slow and this making it faster is good, it was what i was afraid earlier - so we will see how it works when it´s up. And the damage on this new Q seems alright, so ... let´s see.

Axes being mana hungry is a thing as always, but any buff for axes is good