QOL-UI Improvement

• Hellements wrote:

Hey there, can you give an example of UI elements that feel annoying to you/ that you would want to move or remove?

Reworking the whole UI is lots of effort but changing single elements could be possible.

-Hellements
      The HP UI in the Top Left corner should be movable and customizable . Without the portrait and without your name .
      Don't call me. I call you .
    • Hellements wrote:

Hey there, can you give an example of UI elements that feel annoying to you/ that you would want to move or remove?

Reworking the whole UI is lots of effort but changing single elements could be possible.

-Hellements
      The debuff/buff panel is really lackluster.
      Having the ability to move it around on the screen and split in into the 2 separate categories is appreciated.
      Oh, and remove the stupid 8-buff limit for it, sometimes when you have too much debuffs on you improtant ones like "Death Curse" get hidden behind a "+1" and you cant dodge it correctly with assassin shoes and such.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

Hellements wrote:

-Hellements
      The debuff/buff panel is really lackluster.Having the ability to move it around on the screen and split in into the 2 separate categories is appreciated.
      Oh, and remove the stupid 8-buff limit for it, sometimes when you have too much debuffs on you improtant ones like "Death Curse" get hidden behind a "+1" and you cant dodge it correctly with assassin shoes and such.

Got it. Added these to the list too. Appreciate the feedback!
    • Allow the name plate with health and mana to be moved same with the target plate, Also an option to seprate the buff bars from the name plates and allow the buff bar to show all buffs without the +1 to it to better manage buffs on players and yourself. Example I would like to move my HP bar above my chat box and move my buff bar over my abilities on the left side and move the targeted buff bar above my abilities on the right with there targeted heal and mana bar above my map/ next to it. Allow the chat box to be moved and fullly resized. Allow the mini map to move and an option to collapse. Allow us to move the ability bar anywhere not just the two options we have with also more resizing options then the few we have, Let us control what size we make the ability bar,health/mana,target health/mana and buff bars, and mini map kinda like the chat box is now.. Then the only other thing I could add would be to allow us to collapse the top menu like said above.. Anything like that and I'm happy....

The post was edited 4 times, last by Neef ().

• @Hellements Pardon the ping but I figured you'd appreciate. A lot of UI elements have bothered me for a long time, so I've accumulated a modest list:

Combat and IFF:
      • Buffs and Debuffs are hard to track in a fight; party names could have debuffs visible next to them for easier assessment.
      • The mana bar under party members is too small, dark, and otherwise hard to read (I use mana beam on arcane staves a lot so it's a frequent eyesore).
      • Spotting red names the moment they become visible can be very important, yet many UI elements take up the borders of the screen, and the white name itself can be confusing at first.
      • Friendly spell telegraphs and effects are sometimes hard to distinguish from hostile ones.
      Navigation and Parties:
      • Party dots on regional map should show player name when hovered over
      • Player pings should persist longer
      • Party dots should flash on opening regional map for busy/cluttered areas
      • Areas with high density of deaths over a period of time should have a large faded skull in background of area on minimap for players just entering a heated zone. A blob mechanic for deaths, if you will..
      Players and Progression:
      • The Destiny Board is quite large and the icons rather small and spaced out; a minimap to pan quickly would be an excellent addition.
      • Destiny progression pop-ups are a frequent distraction and annoyance, especially at lower levels. Minimize them into a smaller format and relegate skill progression into its own log in the Destiny Board and Player Stats.
      • Frequently researching and checking items, spells, and equipment as I do is clunky with the Destiny Board as it is. A minimap would help but I figure some kind of expandable tree list with Favorites and Frequently-visited functionality would be ideal.
      • A list to track all skills with auto-learn enabled would be helpful.
      • Make auto-respec and combat fame a more obvious aspect of progression for newer players. Maxing a base skill doesn't take long and I've encountered a non-zero amount of people that had no idea you could train a non-PvE item without having to painfully grind with it.
      The Market UI:
      • Very tedious to sell many different items at once
      • Very tedious to purchase many different items at once; give us loadout slots like in Eve Online
      • Market transactions shunted into the mailbox feels sub-par and spammy; a separate market history log would be neat
      • Please just let us sort through an item's prices by different cities without having to travel to that market. An entire 3rd-party website was developed for this, so it would mostly make the market more accessible and easier to understand for newer players.
      Loot and drops:
      • Any loot belonging to another player can sit on top of mine, making accessing mine nearly impossible without clicking it just right. Prioritize mine first.
      • Having to shift-click to quickly move items around.
      • Picking up silver is common and tedious. I liken it to having to pick up little fame marbles after every mob. In order to preserve the aesthetics of dungeons and the visible action of looting, picking up silver once should sequentially pick up all nearby bits of silver too. With a comical animation of the player greedily scooping up coins as a bonus.
      • Loot-All button for chests (with appropriate party loot setting) please.
      • Use-All button for money pouches
      • Smaller money pouches should automatically fuse into larger money pouches once they reach its value
      Environment and Gathering:
      • Fishing next to swamp/vegetation borders gets crowded with tall willows and leaves. Making spotting fish more difficult. If such vegetation were faded out when the player is behind it, it would be nice.
      • Being able to harvest T1-2 resources anywhere other than the starting area sometimes gets in the way when trying to gather, mount up, or pick up loot.
      • Player-placed items almost solely used to troll with large hitboxes or force players into aggro range of mobs.
      • Party, Trade, Duel, and Guild invitations can interfere with fishing. Instead return to sender with "User is busy"
      Player Interaction:
      • Lots of unsolicited guild, trade, and duel invitations in public areas. Add an option to auto-block all non-guild/alliance/friend-listed players.
      • Include a warning confirmation to duel offers involving money
      • Disallow gear switching during and after duel invite is sent/accepted
      • Include a warning to guild invites with +25% tax rate.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sarolveldruk ().

• Just wanted to let you know that a few of your ideas are ingame, The duel invite when silver added does show a message saying the amount that is requested. Also the disallow gear swap for duels is a thing, Once a duel invite happens you cannot change gear period, I also believe they just fixed the scam problem where people would duel naked then put dank gear on and kill you so this cannot happen anymore. The only other one i really see is the T2 mats, We need the t2 mats in non-starting zones because you need t2 mats to refine t8, In albion every tier of resource is used and matters. Therefor removing t2 from other parts of the world would make vet players come to starting zones which are already farmed a lot by new players and this would only hurt the new players coming in as the resources would become even harder to find. Also I loved when they added t2 mats to the blackzone because that means I don't have to carry out stacks of t2 mats just to craft in the blackzone. I can simply farm them in the corrent zones. Other than that your ideas look great!
    • Hello,

I love the fact that Forum Albion Team really listens to feedbacks and I hope that this post will be really taken into consideration as it is so important and the ideas mentioned above are so useful that made me wanna involve myself too.

For example, you HAVE TO fix this UI problem with the buffs bar as you can't really know what hits you. X/ Maybe you should change it's positions or the way they are appeared. So kick off this "+1" and make easy to read and see what affects you. OR SPERATE buffs and area-buffs like shrine duration, portal protection etc (leave them in the left) FROM fight-effects like slow, stuns, poisons, stacks etc (put them above the skill bar) or not, you know..

I loved all these UI ideas as they make the game easy for players to make it the way they are comfortable with. Also, some other make QoL even better.

My suggestions:
      - To be able to Zoom-Out more the Board so to move faster around and avoid click-and-scroll for many times.

- The idea to see our Skills' Normal Cast without having enabled "Normal Cast Option".

What do you mean?
      For example, if someone hovers over the mouse to a skill to see this:

Exactly as it is in LoL when someone puts the mouse in the skill bar (and presses left click, i think):

Why to do that?
      As a player that plays with Quick Cast, I sometimes want to quick check my Items' range or skill-line etc to new items. So it'd would make my life easier to move my mouse to skills, instead of changing the settings and then revert them back.

- Last but not least, make player-dots in the map a bit bigger & give em color/shape/marks/sign so as to know who is who. It would be really helpful for healers and for the whole team at general! Especially in Arena, HG or small groups in Open World. In ZvZ, it would be a disaster...

Thank you in advance. The above comments really covered my other problems/ideas. :thumbsup:

The post was edited 8 times, last by SayAm3n ().

• what about locking the skills so when you click on them, they don't do anything?

why would anyone want this?

because when you are running/chasing somone who is running down (south) if you click a skill like leap. then try to use it. your icons CAN and sometimes DO get in the way.
      ( but sir you can move the hotbar to the right side of your screen ) yeah. and then accidently hit them on the right side? anyone who tips this suggestion is only admitting the issue still remains and that moving the toolbar to the right can only be a tempoary sollution. and it still has it's flaws therefore the game needs somthing designed for answers.

we need more solutions sbi, stop dragging ass, this has been going on for FAR to long. just another flaw of albion that helps others quit because of lack of quality. read your forums, they have good suggestions everywhere that have almost no negative option once implemented, that being said why wouldn't you add use all button to silver bags for example? why is it taking so long? why when looting items can you go into the crafting details of the item instead of looting it. who actually s ays oh awesome t4 runes, and instead o flooting it, they want to go into the crafting layers? NO ONE, STOP FUCKING ROUND