The Hell Gate problems - Please fix it, Hell Gates are the most fun content in the game imo

• The Hell Gate problems - Please fix it, Hell Gates are the most fun content in the game imo

I think that Hell Gates have to be remastered in somehow to catch up with the corrupted Dungeons.

HG's used to be good, but with the recent nerfs against rats, its really annoying to do because a serie of reasons.

1- The fame/loot is really bad at 2x2, compared to pre nerf, the nerf is really severe with HG only because RATS that synchronize HG's, but the synchronization is gone and we still with the huge nerf on the loots and fame, even that now days there is no more syncs. Beside that factor the fame obtained alone on Corrupted is higher than the loot and fame from HG's. It's a Duo content, both the experience and loot should be a lot better.

2- The HG entrances are beign HARD FOCUSED now for gankers, that the Divers cant dive properly anymore. Me and my duo cant stop being ZERGED everytime around the HG's, and we have tried many different locations, seems that all the gankers have recurred to that strategy to easy kills now that dive is more hard, and the black zone territories are less crowded.

3- The infinite reset is the worst thing to deal with, there is several comps that runs only around this, beign impossible to chase them so they keeping reseting over and over and over and over and is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to catch them on one of those resets, knight armor is a hell and dagger and quarterstaff are broke as fuck with them and keeping restarting nonstop.

4- There is no progression on loot or the matches, the totally random factor is kinda of boring, should be a criteria to try to balance the IP's from the different duos to match them. There is no bonus at the chests for any reason, even if you do a lot of hellgates there is no grantee of a better loot to keep doing them, like there is in corrupted.

5 - With the reset problem come the resets rats that always try to cancel the zoning out when the chest have being looted, if they cant cancel it, they resets and keeps around to try again, for like 30 long minutes, that is really annoying and isn't fair.

6- Not having crystals on the HG's the confront is inevitable, so the map should closes to the center forcing combat like battle royales games.

7- Create a leaderboard like the Infamy one for Hell Gate players too, so they can compete on duo.

8- Streams from Albion from HG's players have beign kinda of frustrating because all those ganks on the Hellgates, is really frustrating see a real deal duo losing to 15 guys on shit gear after kiking so many asses on the HG's.
    • I agree the HG entrance around portal zone are a pain in the ass to access and there's way more gankers roaming for free loots. If you moove farther the HG are used by ppl owning the territory or dudes with acess to a hideout next to the hg. So when you're not in a big guild/alliance you really have a hard and unpleasant time to just get inside a hg.
      I don't think you should access from town but there should be way more portals/bats spawning everywere in oppen world like srd. As for now i don't like to give free loot to lazy gankers so i'm not doing a lot of hg...i used to love this content :/ .
    • Bada wrote:

I agree the HG entrance around portal zone are a pain in the ass to access and there's way more gankers roaming for free loots. If you moove farther the HG are used by ppl owning the territory or dudes with acess to a hideout next to the hg. So when you're not in a big guild/alliance you really have a hard and unpleasant time to just get inside a hg.
      I don't think you should access from town but there should be way more portals/bats spawning everywere in oppen world like srd. As for now i don't like to give free loot to lazy gankers so i'm not doing a lot of hg...i used to love this content :/ .
      Yea, there is a real limited number of HG portals, most of them not worth to enter from if you dont have a hideout from alliance, cuz gonna take so long to do the transport.
      The most worth way to go is the Portal maps, but those are full of gankers alldaylong lurking to gank 2 guys with a Zerg.
    • Totally agreed, in special the part of people running and reseting. Quarterstaff + bows and dagger are so damn OP, they just keep reseting and trying until you make a mistake and die.

And, when you kill the dagger/quarterstaff, the other runs, switch to full run build and its impossible to kill.

And we are not even talking about the robe of purity...
    • NBKilla wrote:

If we could get like Stalker/Slayer level HG it would be crazy good. I'm kinda new to PvP and get paired against hardcore, seasoned, gucci geared seasoned players just make getting into this kind of content a shitstorm.
      Me and my mate have the same problem. We can not afford to buy 800k+ gear every time we die and with 200k gear you just feel like you are beeing free loot. They should add some scaling like salyer and stalker from CDs where IP caps at 900 or 800 and not at 1000
    • NBKilla wrote:

If we could get like Stalker/Slayer level HG it would be crazy good. I'm kinda new to PvP and get paired against hardcore, seasoned, gucci geared seasoned players just make getting into this kind of content a shitstorm.
      same. very in support of this.
      i recently returned to the game after playing beta and got an old friend to play with me, and even though both being quite pvp experienced (played many of 5s HGs in beta, high elo/mmr in league and wow arenas together), we 90% got the shit beaten out of us in the about 100-120 2s Gates we tried using the youtube acclaimed ''you do not need specs for dis build, i swear'' builds.

So we farmed the dorky new pve corrupted dungeons content to get to about 1k IP/ 1.1k overcharged and still get the shit beaten out of us by people using super high tier+spec or just plain overtuned items we can't yet afford to donate over and over, like ironroot staff, purity robes etc. you name it.

i do not want this to be a cry reply, and i am very okay with dying and losing, because you always can learn something from dying but my issue is, that most fights are flat out idiotic to the point where you can not even really learn from them.

also these fights can not be fun for the opposing team either, given that they're not interesting even matched fights and with our lootable items and the general 2v2 gates loots being rather dog it's not even profitable at all.
    • NBKilla wrote:

To all of you, who want an IP Cap on 2 HG..

this will change nothing..

.3 Food, 8 Potions, & the power of Avalonian gear is NOT affected by IP Cap. These are, but the power is withing these items itself...You will see the same as of today, people will be in Purity robe, Ironroot staff, etc..just because they want to win..

It is the same on CD, what does your stalker help, if several streamers that are not good enough for Slayer play in full 8.x gear, with food, that costs more than my entire set, and ress purity boots etc for unlimited resets and runs in case...

First of, this game needs balance in small scale, and i stick to the point, currently we have the worse balance and meta since Alpha in my eyes..

Look at the changes:

Spear W - does this do anything? does it synergies for anything? only in group fights or in ganks...
      Arcane Q from 5 to 3 to 4 ..i don't even feel a difference in small scale
      Claymore - the beloved 1 shot, cleric robe, damage boost robe, 3 stacks boom ..still works like a charm, root cause heroic charges being insane persists like 2 years
      Dagger 1 h - now with life steal food, even better...really?
      Curse, 1 h on mobility passive, now plays like a former nature with permanent hot in PvP ..lol..

Rats in CD - well, i feel no difference, people switch to no CC boots, like scholar or purity..and GG, I still get less than 1 out of 6 good fights. Standard is poke poke..RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

But to be fair, maybe these changes wasn't ment to adress small scale issues?
      Maybe 1h dagger was felt to weak? maybe 1h curse needed another buff? maybe spear is OP and we just don't see it???

As we don't know what is the plan behind..and what the change is for..i can just judge from my point of view, which is small scale..and that is at least for me, except for BOWs dissapointing..