still too much rats in corrupteds... a simple solution.

• Hmm maybe ..just maybe..the solution is what community suggest for years?

After intrusion, shrink the area by time? Force pvp by time?

E.g. after 3 mins the area starts to collapse and after 5 there is just boss room left..

You can break crystal - loose infamy if countered hard
      You can kite and distance try kill for 4-5 mins
      But then it is showtime..

The pvp players keep telling the devs this for years. We started it in 2hg.. we continue here..

Welp!
    • This is turning into circle conversation in many of these threads. The bottom line is since SRDs already exist for solo fame farming purposes players should not be using Corrupted for this same purpose. Shards exist for players to attempt to escape after identifying they got matched up against a super counter build not just to blatant PvE run.
    • The current setting of CD give the space for ratting which create negative experience for everyone else. pve player will be harrassed by the rat and pvp player will hate to chase rat for 30 mins. Also, the reset from regen food when you get out of combat can be abused as well. This come down to the design issue for 1v1 content.

ratting itself is a playstyle since the beginning of the game, but it was not such a big issue back then because it did not have a big impact on other ppl's experience. Most of the ratting was in static dn and they go for the chest, also 2v2 hg rat can raid the chest, but it require certain skills and a lot of time will fail if the other team have build to conter them. however, the rats in CD right now can abuse the reset from regen food to kill other player in certain situation. This will cause the meta to change the game play into a lot of running/chasing which is boring for a lot of players.

There is nothing wrong with ratting CD as a playstyle because the current setting allows it and the risk is lower than actual fighting build. But this play style is creating negative experience for other players which is why a lot of complain go on this topic. SBI need to either limit the reset potential for running or add mechanic for banished player to invade another CD without clearing the full CD.
    • Tabor wrote:

This is turning into circle conversation in many of these threads. The bottom line is since SRDs already exist for solo fame farming purposes players should not be using Corrupted for this same purpose. Shards exist for players to attempt to escape after identifying they got matched up against a super counter build not just to blatant PvE run.
      if SBI adopt this design for CD, then there is no need for clearing mob in CD. Just port into a small map with trap and stuff, then wait for a match for pvp like arena. you can inspect gear by holding tab. If you see a bad match up, break crystal (maybe take a hit on infame) will be a fair design.
    • Tabor wrote:

This is turning into circle conversation in many of these threads. The bottom line is since SRDs already exist for solo fame farming purposes players should not be using Corrupted for this same purpose. Shards exist for players to attempt to escape after identifying they got matched up against a super counter build not just to blatant PvE run.

CORRUPTED DUNGEONS
      Corrupted Dungeons are new single-player dungeons found
      throughout the open world. After choosing a difficulty level, players
      enter and begin cleansing corrupted creatures, which grant Infamy points.
      Players can also invade or be invaded, with the invaded player given a
      choice between fighting the invader or destroying demonic shards to
      banish them. Killing another player grants a portion of their Infamy;
      higher Infamy levels give access to higher-level dungeons and overall
      better rewards.

forum.albiononline.com/index.p…20-Rise-of-Avalon-Update/

...with the invaded player given a choice between fighting the invader or destroying demonic shards to banish them...

Since one persons valid reason for braking a shard may not be shared by everyone, the individual choice is given. Also, technically both players are able to choose to destroy the shards.

The dev description of Corrupted Dungeons clearly lists both PvE and PvP as viable intended uses. Both activities can be used to gain the player infamy. Your interpretation may differ from mine, but I would summarize the above description as the intent of Corrupted Dungeons is for solo PvE content, with optional 1v1 PvP.
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!
    • CigNus wrote:

You could also... stop trying to force everyone into your playstyle as well.
      (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

People like CD's for the pve/fame/convenience and fairness of 1v1 divers (invaders)

So pve players should get all of the rewards with non of the risk? Is that what you think is fair?

And you have SoloRandom dungeon with ZERO RISK EVEN NOW! since they fucking close after 90seconds....

Draedark wrote:

>The dev description of Corrupted Dungeons clearly lists both PvE and PvP as viable intended uses. Both activities can be used to gain the player infamy. Your interpretation may differ from mine, but I would summarize the above description as the intent of Corrupted Dungeons is for solo PvE content, with optional 1v1 PvP.
      Sounds like you also want pve players to get free dungeons with top fame for free with no risk, thats balanced?
    • Alysandra wrote:

CigNus wrote:

You could also... stop trying to force everyone into your playstyle as well.
      (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

People like CD's for the pve/fame/convenience and fairness of 1v1 divers (invaders)
      So pve players should get all of the rewards with non of the risk? Is that what you think is fair?

And you have SoloRandom dungeon with ZERO RISK EVEN NOW! since they fucking close after 90seconds....

Draedark wrote:

>The dev description of Corrupted Dungeons clearly lists both PvE and PvP as viable intended uses. Both activities can be used to gain the player infamy. Your interpretation may differ from mine, but I would summarize the above description as the intent of Corrupted Dungeons is for solo PvE content, with optional 1v1 PvP.
      Sounds like you also want pve players to get free dungeons with top fame for free with no risk, thats balanced?
      I am unsure as to what I or you want applies to what the dev descriptions of Corrupted Dungeons is. Can you please elaborate? Would you be willing to also share your interpretation of the dev's description?
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!
    • Yeah, most of you are full of shit. You just wanna beat up noobs. I rat in corrupted dungeons and IDGAF. Wanna know why, I been playing for about 8 weeks, just recently started corrupted, Im still at hunter level. I got 30k infamy, and most players that invade and try to beat my ass, have over 1million infamy with 6.3 gear or higher. I've only tried once to go to a red zone and do a corrupted and wont do it again. On that one attempt in a t6 red zone, the invader had full t8 gear and 14 million infamy. So yeah, I'm gonna keep ratting, cause theirs no fairness whatsoever when it comes to corrupted dungeons. If they had a real matchmaking system that compared infamy and IP to find suitable opponents then yeah most of you would have a valid argument but thats not how it is. As it stands, most people complaining are just assholes mad about new players running away from your over powered asses.
    • YUJlR0 wrote:

Yeah, most of you are full of shit. You just wanna beat up noobs. I rat in corrupted dungeons and IDGAF. Wanna know why, I been playing for about 8 weeks, just recently started corrupted, Im still at hunter level. I got 30k infamy, and most players that invade and try to beat my ass, have over 1million infamy with 6.3 gear or higher. I've only tried once to go to a red zone and do a corrupted and wont do it again. On that one attempt in a t6 red zone, the invader had full t8 gear and 14 million infamy. So yeah, I'm gonna keep ratting, cause theirs no fairness whatsoever when it comes to corrupted dungeons. If they had a real matchmaking system that compared infamy and IP to find suitable opponents then yeah most of you would have a valid argument but thats not how it is. As it stands, most people complaining are just assholes mad about new players running away from your over powered asses.
      You know, other then the fact that on Stalker there is a pretty harsh IP cap so players going in 6,3 gear are the real idiots and you can beat them with T6 gear and decent spec.

I'm conflicted, you are new to the game, and you get upsett that you lose in pvp, when i started the game, i lost countless games, but you know what, i diden't give up, improved, and pushed on, thats how you get better and get more fame and experience.
    • CigNus wrote:

Alysandra wrote:

So pve players should get all of the rewards with non of the risk?
      Nah that's what HCE's are for.... to say that there is 0 risk in CD's is laughable.

The "fairness" level comes into play where 1 player invades and not 5+ dive

HCE are more risky then CD if you are a rat.

You can get downed in HCE and lose 100k+ in repair bill.

Dying as a rat in CD, well that happens how often? Once in a blue moon, unless you play like shit, and if you die then, well you deserved it, welcome to learning how to pvp, or in your case, welcome to learning how to not be a nugget and running away.

I was watching a streamer the other day, and on so many of the invades, he was kicked out before even spotting the other guy because it's such a joke killing crystals.

So yes, CD = Zero risk with 100% rewards, and thats what you guys push for and want, greedy assholes is what i think of that.