Announcing the Season 10 Crystal League Championship

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Announcing the Season 10 Crystal League Championship

Last month, Albion's best 5v5 teams faced off in the first-ever offseason tournament. We're very excited to announce the return of this high-stakes Crystal League competition with the Season 10 Crystal League Championship. Read more here: albiononline.com/en/news/annou…ystal-league-championship
    • This time around, we've updated the entry requirements to include more teams while still representing Albion's highest-tier 5v5 players: the Crystal League Championship will be open to any team who wins one Level 9 match or two or more Level 8 matches.

We would like to make a clarification on the above requirement:

In order to qualify, you must either win one Level 9 match or two or more Level 8 matches with the same team. Players cannot switch teams and try to qualify for the Championship with multiple teams.

Mytherceria#3744
    • You did not lower the entry barrier to playing this tournement at all. yet again next season you will have 30 participants. out of a possible 125,000. Besides making to 2 level 8 wins, or 1 level 9 win; you also have to have enough money for about 25 sets of 8.3 gear? and this is on top of the barriers to playing this tournament such as forming a 5v5 team and being available at the 3 very limited times a day one can even play Crystal League.

I have no idea why you would make the rarest mount in the game only available to the top .00000001% of the people in this game.

I don't consider anybody playing in this tournament to be the best of the best, mearly those who have the most time and in game or real world money to participate.

i mean at least this event didn't burn down in flames, but i doubt when Halloween gets here you will put even 1/100th of the effort in to make an actually good mule race.
    • Gonna have to agree with Saab on this, theres legit no point in playing Crystal League. The idea of a pay to win game mode where you lose everything is just plain stupid, you'd have to be an idiot or rich to risk so much for nothing. Why would not focus your energy on Arena. Arena has real potential to be a great game mode, with real rewards and actual fair play. Make an MMR system, and IP system to put player against each other. The fact that I can play a competitive game and not lose everything is what makes it fun. Crystal League is a dick measuring contest to see who has the most money to win the game.
    • I am in no way criticizing crystal league, I like Full Loot PvP, I didn't say that at all. I am criticizing the entry level into this tournament. i agree with the Arena stuff though. because the arena is mostly what i do because Crystal league is always at a bad time for me to play.

My problem with this is the Reward is one of the best in the game. but to get to even have a chance to participate for it you have to:
      1. A Cgvg team (finding 5 total people who can play at the 3 specific times of day a gvg is held, not to mention the higher level Crystal league matches are all held on the weekends, some of us have to work for a living.)
      2. Be good enough to win 2 Level 8 matches, or 1 level 9 match.
      3. Have the in game silver to provide all the gear for the entire season.

and thats before even the torunament starts then your team will need at least 25 sets of 8.3 gear for each of them.

their are to many barriers and the barriers are to high for 99% of the people who play this game to even consider this tournament. I know 1 person in game wealthy enough to sponsor a team, and they wouldnt do that just to throw silver away.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Saabotage: to be more clearly understood. ().

• How many players who currently have the Sabretooth Rex skin will win that mount again?
      I believe that none of those who won this mount in the past, will repeat it again.

I love these types of tournaments and they are an excellent form of entertainment for the whole community and not just for the participating players,
      however I would like to see the range of participants increased so that the tournament can bring some last minute surprises.
    • I watched the last few matches of the season 9 tourney, and one thing I thought would make the entire experience better for the viewers is if, instead of playing the entire match between two teams sequentially, you instead staggered the games between two matches.

Old Way: R1:G1, 10 minute delay to let the teams rest, R1:G2. 10 minutes to let the teams rest, R1:G3, R2:G1, 10 minutes, R2:G2, 10 minutes, R2:G3

New Way: R1:G1, R2:G1, R1:G2, R2:G2, R1:G3. R2:G3

The downside is that you will probably need another caster or two to give the others breaks from the constant content.

This gets rid of a lot of the delays in game play that come up, which cause viewers to leave. It will also cut down the entire length of the production.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • I look the last one , it was entertaining. But it would be a lot more with lower ip cap. It seem like they are not really the best 5v5 team , just the best among those who can afford to invest in dozens of 8.3 full gear ( 0.0001 %% of albion population ) . Imo it would be more entertaining if the tournament was more about skill and less about money. We probably would have the chance to see better team and play .
    • Headquake wrote:

I look the last one , it was entertaining. But it would be a lot more with lower ip cap. It seem like they are not really the best 5v5 team , just the best among those who can afford to invest in dozens of 8.3 full gear ( 0.0001 %% of albion population ) . Imo it would be more entertaining if the tournament was more about skill and less about money. We probably would have the chance to see better team and play .
      You forgot how those teams won hundreds of matches with lower ip cap before the tournament