Gathering Gear buff: 1vX = 0.01% chance of Item Protection

• Gathering Gear buff: 1vX = 0.01% chance of Item Protection

This is a suggestion for an item protection buff, that has an extremely low chance of activation.

I just watched a player in the yellow zone getting attacked by multiple players.

The way I know they were being attacked by multiple players is that I had them selected and saw there was a special buff on them which said 'Attacked by multiple players'.

I'm not sure what this buff is called, but I think it's the Zerg Debuff I've seen on this forum, might not be. Correct me if I'm wrong, thanks.

Anyway, when this buff is triggered, if the player has been wearing a full set of gathering gear long enough for it to reach maximum yield (10 stacks), I would like to see an additional buff with an extremely low chance of triggering.

This new buff would protect all or some of the items the gatherer is carrying, or you can choose to only protect equipped items on death, or you can choose to increase the trashed item rate if that new buff is activated.

It would be graphically similar to 'Everlasting Spirit' from the Cleric Robe, (which is a shield that makes the player invulnerable for 3 seconds), but instead its only effect would be item protection.

In order to not have an overwhelming effect on the economy, I suggest a low chance of activation, and it can only happen to 1 player in 24 hours.

That way it is fair to ALL players, if they are wearing a full set of gathering gear.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020

The post was edited 2 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

• PenguinSniper wrote:

This is a suggestion for an item protection buff, that has an extremely low chance of activation.

I just watched a player in the yellow zone getting attacked by multiple players.

The way I know they were being attacked by multiple players is that I had them selected and saw there was a special buff on them which said 'Attacked by multiple players'.

I'm not sure what this buff is called, but I think it's the Zerg Debuff I've seen on this forum, might not be. Correct me if I'm wrong, thanks.

Anyway, when this buff is triggered, if the player has been wearing a full set of gathering gear long enough for it to reach maximum yield (10 stacks), I would like to see an additional buff with an extremely low chance of triggering.

This new buff would protect all or some of the items the gatherer is carrying, or you can choose to only protect equipped items on death, or you can choose to increase the trashed item rate if that new buff is activated.

It would be graphically similar to 'Everlasting Spirit' from the Cleric Robe, (which is a shield that makes the player invulnerable for 3 seconds), but instead its only effect would be item protection.

In order to not have an overwhelming effect on the economy, I suggest a low chance of activation, and it can only happen to 1 player in 24 hours.

That way it is fair to ALL players, if they are wearing a full set of gathering gear.
      Whats the point of this useless RNG addition?
      This breaks the "full loot" principle and it doesnt accomplish anything rather than add clutter to the games systems and waste devs time.
      N+1 combat is a problem in small scale fights, and not whatever this tries to fix.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Hattenhair ().

• Hattenhair wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Whats the point of this useless RNG addition?This breaks the "full loot" principle and it doesnt accomplish anything rather than add clutter to the games systems and waste devs time.
      N+1 combat is a problem in small scale fights, and not whatever this tries to fix.
      "Noe noe can't have that!111111!!!!!"

I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • I believe the best way to do what you want without removing the rewards that a ganker gets is to make it so that once you have 10 stacks you are designated a non-combatant and when you die your equipped gear does not break but take durability damage as if you were killed (but never breaks) and does not drop for pvp loot. Everything else in your inventory however will drop. With this change you give incentive for ganking still but reduce the impact of being ganked as a gatherer.

This change would still risk the gatherers tool unless they decided to equip it while out gathering making them easier to kill but saving their avalonian tools.