Game Balance: Why I won't choose a weapon yet

• Game Balance: Why I won't choose a weapon yet

Diablo 3 has enough balance between the weapons that you can clear the dungeons in a similar amount of time, regardless of the class of character you pick.

In Albion, players will gladly pay more for a non artifact Greataxe than they would for an artifact Arcane staff, purely because one weapon can speedclear and the other cannot match its dungeon clearing efficiency.

That's one reason I won't choose to focus on one weapon, they are not balanced.

Another clue that Albion Online's weapons are not balanced is the fact that players will never pay the same amount for any Arcane (excluding Avalonian weapons because they all currently have similar prices if I'm not mistaken right now, since they have been added to the game all at once, and are still being tested by players as new metas form) as Deathgivers, because some weapons are better for ZvZ type situations, while others are more suited for 1v1 or 2v2. I'm writing this from general knowledge but I'll check on the prices also to confirm or correct what I'm saying.

The other reason I won't settle on a certain weapon in any rush is because SBI have shown that on a regularity of around 3 months, any weapon could be changed, so much that players who chose to specialize in builds using that weapon as a foundation, end up quitting the game or at least raging about the changes on this forum, and having to respec their destiny board in order to survive the changes.

I understand why the game goes through re-balancing, and this is not even protest against it.

All I am doing is reacting to a clear pattern that will continue as long as this game exists.

I see players asking in the help channel questions that get the response: "focus on 1 weapon so that you can get high spec in it."

That's fine, but you can always get more fame, so why on earth would I care about the time it takes to get high spec in every weapon?

I'm not exactly in a rush to max the destiny board. Founders have been here since 2017. This game takes time.

This isn't even about me, I'm just using my character as an example but it applies to every player.

We can all choose a weapon and then it just so happens to be the one that gets nerfed next. That can happen to ANY of us.

We can all choose a weapon and then a new meta comes up and the weapon we chose either is in that meta and we can benefit from it - or the weapon we chose cannot compete with that meta, and we'll be here asking for nerfs to the other one.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • kheeta wrote:

Do not understand your problem
      This game has one thing that most of MMO doesn’t have - nonstop balancing and meta shifting
      Imagine if devs would not do that
      Imagine stable meta not shifting for years
      Imagine only 2-4 powerful builds everyone using for years

How long you’ll keep your interest to the game?
      Wait a minute.

I'm gonna have to check through my post again, and see if there's a part where I actually asked for change...

If I don't find it, I'll have to edit this post with some flaming.

Brb

Edit:

I re-read my opening post.

I noticed a line, I don't think you noticed the line, so I'll copy & paste it in here.

"I understand why the game goes through re-balancing, and this is not even protest against it.

All I am doing is reacting to a clear pattern that will continue as long as this game exists."

So my question is, considering you started your response to this thread with "Do not understand your problem"

What else do you not understand?

Is a lack of understanding the norm for you?

Do you understand how to wipe your ass, and how to flush the toilet?

What else do you have difficulty comprehending?

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020

The post was edited 2 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

• I understand where you are coming from. I would advise to pick something and stick with it. Your choice should be based on what you primarily want to get out of the game.

Solo dungeons? Corrupted Dungeons? Group Dungeons? HCE? Gathering? GvG? etc.

For me, I enjoy group play the most, so went tank from the get go. Dungeon clear times are slow, but I do not run solo very often so that is not a huge factor for me.

Now that my tank specs are up there, I can afford cheap tank gear and still have that as a baseline for making money/fame/auto-respec. I can also branch out and and experiment with other builds for fun.

I hope that helps.
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

kheeta wrote:

This game has one thing that most of MMO doesn’t have - nonstop balancing and meta shifting

Wait a minute.
      I'm gonna have to check through my post again, and see if there's a part where I actually asked for change...

Brb

Edit:

I noticed a line, I don't think you noticed the line, so I'll copy & paste it in here.

"I understand why the game goes through re-balancing, and this is not even protest against it.

All I am doing is reacting to a clear pattern that will continue as long as this game exists."

So my question is, considering you started your response to this thread with "Do not understand your problem"

You HAVE a problem
      Otherwise you wouldn’t create such topics
      I’m only telling you that this system is a NEEDED feature of this game
      Other way you would lose interest very fast
      Chose your main weapon line what is fun to play for you and that’s all
      After that - create flexible build or use existing one
      No problems and no point to create topics on forum :)
    • kheeta wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

kheeta wrote:

Wait a minute.I'm gonna have to check through my post again, and see if there's a part where I actually asked for change...

Brb

Edit:

You HAVE a problemOtherwise you wouldn’t create such topics
      His problem is he is muted in game
    • If You wanna play with most OP weapon then You need to fame frome time to time difrent wepons...In history of Albion there was a bunch of OP wepons (even was a time when a Helberd was so OP that only good counter to it was to bring more halberd xD They was good on ZVZ, PVE - as a offtank or dps, solo pve/pvp also, after that it was tweak that it is still viable in some situations but You don't need to bring as many as You can).
      After changes on 1h dagger it was obvius that it it new OP wep, and it will be for some time and after that it will be nerfed to "normal" status.

But there are a bunch of good wepon that arn't OP but still playable. So stick to that wep that You like and what is kinda "OKeish" (mby in ffuture it will be a new OP wep) if You don;t like to change builds often and farm for new OP gear.
      With good spec and expertise on using chosen weapon You probably still be beter than mid spec / not experienced OP wepon user in most scenarios. CD / HG / Crystal can be exception from that rule... GvG/Crystal was always dictated by curent meta (i think HG also but i don;t know, it's not my content) due to specific controled enviremental. But OW activites are more resistend to meta changes. So if You are not a designated crystal/HG/CD player it's better to stick on favorite wepon that You know how to use propery.

Also even when You chose underpowered wepon but You like it You can be good. I'm good example of that. In old days of Albion (just after oficial launch of game) i was playing nature healer... Nature was so much worse than holy that most of ppl don;t even consider nature as a healer for end game activity... But i was stubern as hell... I manage to keep party living on very end game dungeon (Mercia dungeons). It was needing a specifick build and gives no room for errors (even small mistake was killing party) but it was doable :) OK after some time i switch to holy and it was... so damn easy... With high spec nature it was hard... With 15speck holy it was a pieace of cake for me... Beacouse i was used to not make any mistakes. Thanks to that adventure with nature i beacome quite good holy healer and i have quite good fun playin nature :) So think about it... Playing an OP wep are not always the right decision... beacouse playing underpower wep can make You a better player and when You finaly change wep to better one You can be a godlike :D

• kheeta wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

kheeta wrote:

Wait a minute.I'm gonna have to check through my post again, and see if there's a part where I actually asked for change...

Brb

Edit:

kheeta wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

kheeta wrote:

Brb

Edit:

Hey kheeta, sorry about my previous rudeness.

I'm trying to tone down the verbal abuse of players on this forum.