Fix the game for muted players

• Fix the game for muted players

After all these years of supporting this game it's really unfair that I cant even send PMs to people on my friends list or talk in guild chat. I'm a human being too and a paying customer for years, just because the game is peaking right now is not a good reason to treat your long time supporters like they don't matter. You know I have multiple founder accounts & have been posting suggestions for this game 95% of which have since been added to the game, most of these newbs are going to get ganked a few times and quit or just hop to whatever they thing will be the next big thing. I won't go into the details of the moderator decisions, but I will I think I should at least be able to send PMs to my friends some of which I've been playing with since beta.
    • Midgard wrote:

If you can’t do the time .....
      Nobody can do the time. I'm muted for 180 years lol.

Piddle wrote:

You proved you are incapable of handling the responsibility that comes along with it and so your ability to use chat was removed. That isn't "unfair" by any definition.
      You can kiss their ass all day long it doesn't change the fact that it is unfair. Like I said I won't discuss the details of the moderators decision here, but I will say this is the average chat in the middle of the day in Albion Online:

[inappropriate]

Yes they can post this disgusting shit but I can't send messages to my friends, that is unfair any way you want to spin it. And for the record I'm not saying these freaks/weirdos should be muted either, I don't condone muting anyone besides spammers or gold sellers.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Elsa: inappropriate ().

• I think a permanent mute is well warranted after receiving 10 warnings and 31 temporary mutes. I doubt moderators in any other MMORPG would have as much patience ;)

Frog wrote:

but I will say this is the average chat in the middle of the day in Albion Online
      Other players behaving inappropriately or breaking rules is not a justification for you to act the same way. What you should do is right click on their name and report them.
    • Elsa wrote:

I think a permanent mute is well warranted after receiving 10 warnings and 31 temporary mutes. I doubt moderators in any other MMORPG would have as much patience ;)

Other players behaving inappropriately or breaking rules is not a justification for you to act the same way. What you should do is right click on their name and report them.

I don't report people for expressing themselves and you shouldn't be muting people for it either. It's comical that you would delete that screenshot of what goes on all day in chat to try and hide the fact that you allow it literally every single day in-game. Like I said I don't condone muting them, so why would I report them?

And I didn't create this post to say I should be un-muted or dispute how you use your mod privilege. It's a suggestion for us players who have been stripped of our basic inalienable rights to at least be able to send PMs to our friend list and talk to our guild.
    • If I am honest, I think 5 mutes shows enough of a pattern to just permanently mute a person. The fact that they allowed 30+ mutes and an additional 10 other interactions. I am not sure if SBI is soft on crime or if they are just masochistic.

That you are crying foul over it is somewhat comical to me.

Inalienable rights.......
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

He should try the approach of "I'm very sorry, it will not happen again" instead of this whole "well other people are doing it so why can't i?" thing. It's not going to work.
      You should try the approach of learning how to read because you missed the entire point of this thread: I'm suggesting muted players should be able to still talk to their friends and guildmates. That is all I'm saying, I'm not discussing mod actions or trying to get unmuted.

Elsa wrote:

Piddle wrote:

I am not sure if SBI is soft on crime or if they are just masochistic.
      This was back in the good old days. Thanks to players like Frog, we’ve made vast reforms to our moderation practices since.
      I'm trying to be respectful here and just make a suggestion for the game, you bringing up private information publicly and stalking my activity shows a real lack of professionalism. Explain to me why I or any other muted player shouldn't be able to communicate with my friends and guild-mates, because to me that just seems like a slimy tactic to try and brow-beat someone out of the game.
    • I doubt there is a mechanic to allow you to whisper only friends. If you are able to whisper people as a whole, you will probably whisper non-friended people the same insults that got you muted to begin with. I semi-agree you should be able to talk in guild and alliance chat if you weren't banned. If you are offensive in guild or alliance chat, they can just kick you.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

I doubt there is a mechanic to allow you to whisper only friends. If you are able to whisper people as a whole, you will probably whisper the insults that got you muted to begin with. I semi-agree you should be able to talk in guild and alliance chat if you were banned. If you are offensive in guild or alliance chat, they can just kick you.
      Exactly, and it would be easy to make it so you could only whisper friends it would probably take them 5 minutes to program that. It's a legitimate suggestion and they just moved it to rants, what a joke!
    • The ‘rules’ are quite clear. Abuse the in game chat system and you will be banned from using it. That’s what happened. No, ‘well can I not still use parts of it to whisper my friends’ or ‘how about guild chat, can I still use that’. No. You were banned for abusing the privilege (and it is a privilege ... you have no right) and that’s that. There’s nothing unfair about it, it’s working as intended.

Personally I don’t think they go far enough. If you’re so toxic in a game that involves interacting with others that you warrant a lifetime ban from speaking with them they should just perma-ban your entire account.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter

The post was edited 2 times, last by Midgard ().

• Frog wrote:

you bringing up private information publicly and stalking my activity shows a real lack of professionalism.
      What private information did they give out? I know your forum name is Frog and you've been warned and muted a lot of times before due to your behaviour. If Elsa posted that my name is Dave and I'm from New Jersey, that'd be a bit more worrying, but this is just calling you out because you think that

Frog wrote:

After all these years of supporting this game it's really unfair
      that you got muted on all channels because of how you chose to interact with other human beings.