I want to talk about Game Flaws

  • I want to talk about Game Flaws

    1.

    If you find an exceptional resource it can be worth more than higher tier non exceptionals, so it makes sense to camp it.

    You can stay by the node and wait for it to respawn.

    That makes some good money, but it is boring.

    My workaround is to open up Microsoft Solitaire and play that while waiting for the exceptional node to respawn.

    That in my opinion exposes a game flaw.

    2.



    I really hate the /en channel, most of the time it is disgusting and I don't want to look at it, but I often choose to go into it anyway.

    99% of the time is is full of trolling and obscenity, but 1% of the time it's a funny and nice place to be in.

    Really funny. Really nice.

    99% of the time? Disgusting.

    But, compared to the Help Channel, which is moderated and so doesn't have all the trolling that's expected in /en, it is less boring because it has a lot of randomness and unpredictable things being said all the time.

    Help Channel when you aren't a beginner to Albion Online anymore, can be a bit boring because you've seen 80% of the questions over and over again.

    So I asked myself, why did I choose to go into /en even though I mostly hate it?

    Am I just masochistic? No, it's like this.

    Unpredictability is a very effective way to make a grind less monotonous.

    That's the same reason I would open up Microsoft Solitaire.

    That's the same reason I put both these situations into the same forum post.

    There is some boring situations that can be improved by simple addition of unpredictability, like having a different but simpler game running at the same time to break up the boredom.

    Or having a chatbox full of disgusting obscenity, but real-time unpredictability that takes your mind off the grind, allowing you to grind for longer and when you check your inventory it is full of resources or dungeon loot.

    Then I remember what people used to say in defence of solo random dungeons being dived, they wanted the unpredictability.

    You get that semi-unexpected content in Corrupted Dungeons, so I wouldn't expect it to be boring, but the fact that this is a common theme occurring in different places in playing Albion Online, in my opinion is a game flaw which we have been generally overlooking and just putting up with.
    » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

    Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020

    The post was edited 2 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

  • K9Tvz wrote:

    You missed the biggest game flaw of all time IMO. Everyone from all over the world on an american server. its a serious issue. Servers need to be located within their own regions. Nothing better than my magic arrow from my bow going clean through someone 4 times and they jajaja. Its so fun
    They’re not making new servers, for all the same reasons as have been mentioned when someone brings this up. Deal with it.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

    K9Tvz wrote:

    You missed the biggest game flaw of all time IMO. Everyone from all over the world on an american server. its a serious issue. Servers need to be located within their own regions. Nothing better than my magic arrow from my bow going clean through someone 4 times and they jajaja. Its so fun
    They’re not making new servers, for all the same reasons as have been mentioned when someone brings this up. Deal with it.
    i am dealing with it. Don't mean I won't speak up on the issue though when it's a clear almost game breaking issue.
  • K9Tvz wrote:

    i am dealing with it. Don't mean I won't speak up on the issue though when it's a clear almost game breaking issue.
    Its an 'issue' that has existed since the games inception, and the playerbase keeps on increasing so its quite obviously not game breaking. Creating a bunch of new servers would however be game breaking.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

    K9Tvz wrote:

    i am dealing with it. Don't mean I won't speak up on the issue though when it's a clear almost game breaking issue.
    Its an 'issue' that has existed since the games inception, and the playerbase keeps on increasing so its quite obviously not game breaking. Creating a bunch of new servers would however be game breaking.
    people play in zergs because they lag so bad. So they Zerg small groups of players to make up for the lag. Why would seperating players into their respective location be game breaking? The economy would break for a bit. And it would rebuilt. Guilds would need reformed I'm sure but is that really a bad thing? No one likes playing against someone with 900 ping teleporting all over the map. Idk why people get so up right when this issue is brought up. Why are people so against playing with their own region?
  • K9Tvz wrote:

    Midgard wrote:

    K9Tvz wrote:

    i am dealing with it. Don't mean I won't speak up on the issue though when it's a clear almost game breaking issue.
    Its an 'issue' that has existed since the games inception, and the playerbase keeps on increasing so its quite obviously not game breaking. Creating a bunch of new servers would however be game breaking.
    people play in zergs because they lag so bad. So they Zerg small groups of players to make up for the lag. Why would seperating players into their respective location be game breaking? The economy would break for a bit. And it would rebuilt. Guilds would need reformed I'm sure but is that really a bad thing? No one likes playing against someone with 900 ping teleporting all over the map. Idk why people get so up right when this issue is brought up. Why are people so against playing with their own region?
    You know that's a good point! You're making some good points.

    To be honest though, as much as I agree with you that it would be better for players if they were playing on a region specific server, but I recognise that it's been a foundation of Albion Online like Midgard is saying, so it is super unlikely to change.

    Having said that Population Update: September 2020 shows how much Albion Online's population is growing, and how SBI decide to manage and compensate for that is only known by the game developers.

    Personally I think the only solutions realistically for the degradation of ping and lag issues, is either adding another, (different game) to your personal gaming time, or accepting the sub-optimal circumstances in Albion until SBI decide to overhaul it.
    » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

    Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
  • PenguinSniper wrote:

    K9Tvz wrote:

    Midgard wrote:

    K9Tvz wrote:

    i am dealing with it. Don't mean I won't speak up on the issue though when it's a clear almost game breaking issue.
    Its an 'issue' that has existed since the games inception, and the playerbase keeps on increasing so its quite obviously not game breaking. Creating a bunch of new servers would however be game breaking.
    people play in zergs because they lag so bad. So they Zerg small groups of players to make up for the lag. Why would seperating players into their respective location be game breaking? The economy would break for a bit. And it would rebuilt. Guilds would need reformed I'm sure but is that really a bad thing? No one likes playing against someone with 900 ping teleporting all over the map. Idk why people get so up right when this issue is brought up. Why are people so against playing with their own region?
    You know that's a good point! You're making some good points.
    To be honest though, as much as I agree with you that it would be better for players if they were playing on a region specific server, but I recognise that it's been a foundation of Albion Online like Midgard is saying, so it is super unlikely to change.

    Having said that Population Update: September 2020 shows how much Albion Online's population is growing, and how SBI decide to manage and compensate for that is only known by the game developers.

    Personally I think the only solutions realistically for the degradation of ping and lag issues, is either adding another, (different game) to your personal gaming time, or accepting the sub-optimal circumstances in Albion until SBI decide to overhaul it.
    Sadly you're probably right. Albion is beginning to fall off my daily play time. Due to the ping issues only. There's no reason I should be running into 50 people from Brazil on an american server with 500 ping teleporting from place to place. I am basically casually playing for just shits and giggles at this point. High hopes crowfall will pull their shit together and get on the grind lol
  • PenguinSniper wrote:

    1.

    If you find an exceptional resource it can be worth more than higher tier non exceptionals, so it makes sense to camp it.

    You can stay by the node and wait for it to respawn.

    That makes some good money, but it is boring.

    My workaround is to open up Microsoft Solitaire and play that while waiting for the exceptional node to respawn.

    That in my opinion exposes a game flaw.
    Camping resources is super smooth brain noob gatherer behavior. It's what we in the super short term equity analysis industry refer to as negative estimated value behavior. That is by taking part in it you are effectively reducing the amount of money you will earn.
    Discord: Piddle#7413
    Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
  • PenguinSniper wrote:

    K9Tvz wrote:

    Midgard wrote:

    K9Tvz wrote:

    i am dealing with it. Don't mean I won't speak up on the issue though when it's a clear almost game breaking issue.
    Its an 'issue' that has existed since the games inception, and the playerbase keeps on increasing so its quite obviously not game breaking. Creating a bunch of new servers would however be game breaking.
    people play in zergs because they lag so bad. So they Zerg small groups of players to make up for the lag. Why would seperating players into their respective location be game breaking? The economy would break for a bit. And it would rebuilt. Guilds would need reformed I'm sure but is that really a bad thing? No one likes playing against someone with 900 ping teleporting all over the map. Idk why people get so up right when this issue is brought up. Why are people so against playing with their own region?
    You know that's a good point! You're making some good points.
    To be honest though, as much as I agree with you that it would be better for players if they were playing on a region specific server, but I recognise that it's been a foundation of Albion Online like Midgard is saying, so it is super unlikely to change.

    Having said that Population Update: September 2020 shows how much Albion Online's population is growing, and how SBI decide to manage and compensate for that is only known by the game developers.

    Personally I think the only solutions realistically for the degradation of ping and lag issues, is either adding another, (different game) to your personal gaming time, or accepting the sub-optimal circumstances in Albion until SBI decide to overhaul it.
    But hamster people as a playable race. (And in a game where hit boxes will seem to matter).
    That is a hard pass for me.
    Thank you for reading.
    Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!
  • Piddle wrote:

    PenguinSniper wrote:

    1.

    If you find an exceptional resource it can be worth more than higher tier non exceptionals, so it makes sense to camp it.

    You can stay by the node and wait for it to respawn.

    That makes some good money, but it is boring.

    My workaround is to open up Microsoft Solitaire and play that while waiting for the exceptional node to respawn.

    That in my opinion exposes a game flaw.
    Camping resources is super smooth brain noob gatherer behavior. It's what we in the super short term equity analysis industry refer to as negative estimated value behavior. That is by taking part in it you are effectively reducing the amount of money you will earn.
    Funnily enough, I don't actually camp the resource of recent even though I have done in the past, because I feel like I'd rather go get other resources and keep moving, since by camping that Exceptional Hemp would mean I miss out on the 50-80 Skyflower nodes on the map that might have respawned and not been claimed by anyone. It really depends on which one would make more money, which can be hard to calculate considering I don't know when it will de-spawn, and I also don't know if a Skyflower has turned Exceptional at the opposite corner of the cluster.

    So yeah I do see your point on that Piddle. Thanks for pointing it out.
    » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

    Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
  • Midgard wrote:

    K9Tvz wrote:

    i am dealing with it. Don't mean I won't speak up on the issue though when it's a clear almost game breaking issue.
    Its an 'issue' that has existed since the games inception, and the playerbase keeps on increasing so its quite obviously not game breaking. Creating a bunch of new servers would however be game breaking.
    You mean they made it teletubby friendly so new players are overcrowding the royal teletubby continent and black zone is either dead or littered with 20 man gank squads. Just wait until all of those new players drop off because they either want to leave the safe zones or their unemployment runs out.
  • K9Tvz wrote:

    You missed the biggest game flaw of all time IMO. Everyone from all over the world on an american server. its a serious issue. Servers need to be located within their own regions. Nothing better than my magic arrow from my bow going clean through someone 4 times and they jajaja. Its so fun
    This cannot really be changed , sadly. Server structure is a huuuuuge thing in online games and trying to split 1 Server across multiple countries is just impossible for a real time game. I am afraid they will never do something about it as long as noone finds a super method for decentralised synchronisation in real time. This would raise everybodys ping to at least 200 without making it better for anyone. This would only be possible if USA had a server only USA players could play on and the same was there for EU

    PenguinSniper wrote:

    1.

    If you find an exceptional resource it can be worth more than higher tier non exceptionals, so it makes sense to camp it.

    You can stay by the node and wait for it to respawn.

    That makes some good money, but it is boring.

    My workaround is to open up Microsoft Solitaire and play that while waiting for the exceptional node to respawn.

    That in my opinion exposes a game flaw.
    I agree and disagree with that.
    I dont think it is worth waiting for a .3 node to respawn when you can do the same amount of fame and money by just contunuing to harvest. Sure every .3 looks juicy af but it is not that worth to wait 10 mins for 1 more 6.3 when i can gather 40 6.0 in that time or even more
    and regarding /en chat
    just delete that window. I only have 1 alliance/guild window, one for party and whisper, one for say chat and lastly the loot/combat window
    everything else can be turned on when i really need it
  • Tschloerin wrote:

    K9Tvz wrote:

    You missed the biggest game flaw of all time IMO. Everyone from all over the world on an american server. its a serious issue. Servers need to be located within their own regions. Nothing better than my magic arrow from my bow going clean through someone 4 times and they jajaja. Its so fun
    This cannot really be changed , sadly. Server structure is a huuuuuge thing in online games and trying to split 1 Server across multiple countries is just impossible for a real time game. I am afraid they will never do something about it as long as noone finds a super method for decentralised synchronisation in real time. This would raise everybodys ping to at least 200 without making it better for anyone. This would only be possible if USA had a server only USA players could play on and the same was there for EU

    PenguinSniper wrote:

    1.

    If you find an exceptional resource it can be worth more than higher tier non exceptionals, so it makes sense to camp it.

    You can stay by the node and wait for it to respawn.

    That makes some good money, but it is boring.

    My workaround is to open up Microsoft Solitaire and play that while waiting for the exceptional node to respawn.

    That in my opinion exposes a game flaw.
    I agree and disagree with that.I dont think it is worth waiting for a .3 node to respawn when you can do the same amount of fame and money by just contunuing to harvest. Sure every .3 looks juicy af but it is not that worth to wait 10 mins for 1 more 6.3 when i can gather 40 6.0 in that time or even more
    and regarding /en chat
    just delete that window. I only have 1 alliance/guild window, one for party and whisper, one for say chat and lastly the loot/combat window
    everything else can be turned on when i really need it
    Yeah, fair enough I agree with these points about both the server and the exceptional nodes, also /en

    I finally took the plunge and deleted that channel from my chatbox.

    Actually I also realized something else, it's not necessarily a game flame, since I have started changing the way I play to operate in short windows of time, so I am always doing something different, nd nothing gets boring.

    So it's not necessarily SBI's fault if I find something boring, there are ways to control how long something is done for.
    » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

    Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020

    The post was edited 1 time, last by PenguinSniper ().

  • Draedark wrote:

    The biggest flaw in my opinion is that you can only (feasibly) gain combat fame via PvE. Yes you can gain a small amount per day in Arena via the tomes, but that does not seem to be a viable way to level up a character.

    This is in a game where PvP seems to be one of the most touted features. Interesting.
    You can get insane combat from PvP what do you mean? Go out solo in bz and just gank gatherers lol
  • K9Tvz wrote:

    Draedark wrote:

    The biggest flaw in my opinion is that you can only (feasibly) gain combat fame via PvE. Yes you can gain a small amount per day in Arena via the tomes, but that does not seem to be a viable way to level up a character.

    This is in a game where PvP seems to be one of the most touted features. Interesting.
    You can get insane combat from PvP what do you mean? Go out solo in bz and just gank gatherers lol
    Just to be clear, we are both talking about combat fame correct?

    The fame you use to level up your weapon and armor skills.

    Maybe I am calling it by the wrong name, please let me know thanks.
    Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!
  • seizethetaco wrote:

    Midgard wrote:

    K9Tvz wrote:

    i am dealing with it. Don't mean I won't speak up on the issue though when it's a clear almost game breaking issue.
    Its an 'issue' that has existed since the games inception, and the playerbase keeps on increasing so its quite obviously not game breaking. Creating a bunch of new servers would however be game breaking.
    You mean they made it teletubby friendly so new players are overcrowding the royal teletubby continent and black zone is either dead or littered with 20 man gank squads. Just wait until all of those new players drop off because they either want to leave the safe zones or their unemployment runs out.
    Oh so these coward new players should just YOLO Leroy Jenkins out into the red and black zones and feed sweaty try-hards right? I'm sure you'd love that.
  • Piract wrote:

    seizethetaco wrote:

    Midgard wrote:

    K9Tvz wrote:

    i am dealing with it. Don't mean I won't speak up on the issue though when it's a clear almost game breaking issue.
    Its an 'issue' that has existed since the games inception, and the playerbase keeps on increasing so its quite obviously not game breaking. Creating a bunch of new servers would however be game breaking.
    You mean they made it teletubby friendly so new players are overcrowding the royal teletubby continent and black zone is either dead or littered with 20 man gank squads. Just wait until all of those new players drop off because they either want to leave the safe zones or their unemployment runs out.
    Oh so these coward new players should just YOLO Leroy Jenkins out into the red and black zones and feed sweaty try-hards right? I'm sure you'd love that.
    At least I have chicken