Gatherers in the Black Zone are basically criminals, poachers

• Gatherers in the Black Zone are basically criminals, poachers

Unpopular opinion #111

The black zone is an area owned by whoever has a hideout in the location you want to gather in.

If you are gathering there and you are not part of that guild, or an ally, you are basically a poacher.

You are not actually allowed to gather there, and if you do so you are basically breaking the law of the guild that owns that area.

Yes, that basically makes gankers police, and gatherers criminals.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020

• In the game Prototype, you can go to the police precinct and kill everyone there, but that's because you are almost immune to bullets.

If you want to kill someone in real life, you should do it as far away from the police as possible.

You want me to kill a police officer next to the police station.

That's what gathering in the black zone is.

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • When i started playing this game and was mainly just gathering i had very little problems gathering in the RZ or BZ. Just go on a mule and take a look at zones you wanna farm in. Lose 3 mules in the same zone while scouting? Dont go there. And keep an eye on the time. Guilds that are mainly SEA based will not be online at times people sleep. SEA for example has UTC+7 - UTC+9
      Go gathering in their terries when they have like 4oclock in the morning so around 20UTC
      Thats how i managed to farm like crazy while getting ganked only once or twice the whole evening/night
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

Unpopular opinion #111

The black zone is an area owned by whoever has a hideout in the location you want to gather in.

If you are gathering there and you are not part of that guild, or an ally, you are basically a poacher.

You are not actually allowed to gather there, and if you do so you are basically breaking the law of the guild that owns that area.

Well technically the black zones are areas owned by the people who control the territories, not the HO's. But the control is loose and resources don't have 'Property of XXX' on them.

So just no.

Thanks.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • Black zone is the continent without government. If you can't defend an area, you don't own it.

Maybe a hideout is even owned by a ganker / pvp player who doesn't have the gathering skills trained at all. What are you stealing? Stuff they can't touch? The concept of owning a whole area just because you control the hideout is so funny...
    • Tschloerin wrote:

When i started playing this game and was mainly just gathering i had very little problems gathering in the RZ or BZ. Just go on a mule and take a look at zones you wanna farm in. Lose 3 mules in the same zone while scouting? Dont go there. And keep an eye on the time. Guilds that are mainly SEA based will not be online at times people sleep. SEA for example has UTC+7 - UTC+9
      Go gathering in their terries when they have like 4oclock in the morning so around 20UTC
      Thats how i managed to farm like crazy while getting ganked only once or twice the whole evening/night
      You know what? You're a genius.

You're a fucking genius.

That's actually amazing strategy.

Well done for that and also thanks for sharing such a good tip!

• silverbee330 wrote:

Yes, we are criminals. Please post ganking group 24/7 in your HO zone to catch us and pay your gathering slaves minion wages to supply your guild with t4 resources. Maybe even build a wall and entry point so you can tax ppl running through your zone to do solo/group dungeon or trying to sell cabbage in your HO market.
      You know what like, It's disappointing, but I understand.

You have viewed this thread like I was suggesting gatherers are doing something 'bad' by gathering in the black zone

I'm not saying it's BAD, I am saying the way Albion Online functions, effectively replicates the situation in the real world of criminals and law enforcement.

Except in Albion Online, the criminals are the gatherers, and the law enforcers are the gank squads.

This does not mean that I think "Fuck you gatherers! Stop gathering in our zone! I do not want gatherers to gather in the black zone! Leave it to us gankers!!!!"

No, I am not a ganker, I am more likely to be a gatherer, but I realize if I do, it is very similar to breaking some kind of anti-poaching law, and I should expect the LAPDGanksquad to come after me if I try to.

Do you get it now?

I'm not saying they shouldn't gather, I'm just saying the roles are reversed. Or something. I hope that clears the strange point up.

• Hastatus wrote:

All players are illegal squatters. All of Albion, including all territory and resources, belongs to the true rulers of Albion: The Keepers of Albion.
      That's actually a good point.

The keepers, heretics and morgana cults don't like us pesky royals.

• Barathorn wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Unpopular opinion #111

Well technically the black zones are areas owned by the people who control the territories, not the HO's. But the control is loose and resources don't have 'Property of XXX' on them.
      So just no.

Thanks.
      Yeah, that's a fair point.

My post is an observation of the game mechanics, not necessarily a request for change at all though.

• PenguinSniper wrote:

Tschloerin wrote:

When i started playing this game and was mainly just gathering i had very little problems gathering in the RZ or BZ. Just go on a mule and take a look at zones you wanna farm in. Lose 3 mules in the same zone while scouting? Dont go there. And keep an eye on the time. Guilds that are mainly SEA based will not be online at times people sleep. SEA for example has UTC+7 - UTC+9
      You know what? You're a genius.
      You're a fucking genius.

That's actually amazing strategy.

Well done for that and also thanks for sharing such a good tip!
      No problem my dude
      Just dont farm out the zones i am gathering in :p