IMO: Corrupted dungeons are not what the community needed

• CORRUPTED DUNGEONS
      Corrupted Dungeons are new single-player dungeons found
      throughout the open world. After choosing a difficulty level, players
      enter and begin cleansing corrupted creatures, which grant Infamy points.
      Players can also invade or be invaded, with the invaded player given a
      choice between fighting the invader or destroying demonic shards to
      banish them. Killing another player grants a portion of their Infamy;
      higher Infamy levels give access to higher-level dungeons and overall
      better rewards.

[12. August 2020] Rise of Avalon Update

This is what I meant by folks misunderstanding the mechanics of Corrupted Dungeons. To be fair, I do not see the word fair used as I recall. That must be my interpretation but either way. CD are very clearly not 1v1 HG or some sort of forced 1v1 arena.
    • Draedark wrote:

CORRUPTED DUNGEONS
      Corrupted Dungeons are new single-player dungeons found
      throughout the open world. After choosing a difficulty level, players
      enter and begin cleansing corrupted creatures, which grant Infamy points.
      Players can also invade or be invaded, with the invaded player given a
      choice between fighting the invader or destroying demonic shards to
      banish them. Killing another player grants a portion of their Infamy;
      higher Infamy levels give access to higher-level dungeons and overall
      better rewards.

[12. August 2020] Rise of Avalon Update

This is what I meant by folks misunderstanding the mechanics of Corrupted Dungeons. To be fair, I do not see the word fair used as I recall. That must be my interpretation but either way. CD are very clearly not 1v1 HG or some sort of forced 1v1 arena.
      if the price of leaving by crystal would be to pay your amount of infamy as of death as exit fee - all good

You keep u gear but u pay with infamy..
    • I don't do much Corrupted Dungeons, but what if there was a mechanic that tracked how often you fought players vs. how often you "dodged" player fights.

The more the player "dodges" the fights, the more health and more spread out the demon crystals are.

This means that a player that tries to avoid every fight will have a significantly harder time trying to rat dungeons while players who dodge once in a while from bad match-ups will be minutely affected.
    • I am still unclear on the term "rat" in the context of Albion Online. There seems to be a couple of different definitions of the term.
      Since the option to avoid the PvP in Corrupted Dungeons is intentionally baked in, I am unclear as to how completing objectives as laid out by the developers could be called "ratting."

Can anyone kindly elaborate? Or is "rat" just a term that gets thrown at anyone who does anything someone disapproves of?
    • Ratting are people who go in with no intention of fighting from the start. The shard breaking should really only exist in terms of running across a hard counter build to yourself where you have no chance to win. While yes the design "allows" for people to just pure PvE in Corrupted it is frowned upon since these players were given safe SRDs to grind in. Hence they are called rats.
    • Draedark wrote:

I am still unclear on the term "rat" in the context of Albion Online. There seems to be a couple of different definitions of the term.
      Since the option to avoid the PvP in Corrupted Dungeons is intentionally baked in, I am unclear as to how completing objectives as laid out by the developers could be called "ratting."

Can anyone kindly elaborate? Or is "rat" just a term that gets thrown at anyone who does anything someone disapproves of?
      Rat is a term used in 2 players HGs for players that used to go in alone with escape builds to steal the loot of the central chest and run away without fighting. In that case it made sense since it was someone going in just to steal the loot and run but in corrupted DGs the so called rats r not going in any other player´s DG. It is the invader the one going in "the rat´s" DG to kill him/her. So the "rat" is just a pve player avoiding the fight in order to continue his/her DG to take his/her DG´s loot.
    • @Draedark
      Hey, a rat, it's something nasty, long tail, it breeds astronomically fast, scientists kill them in the labs for thousands and still in nature are milions.
      In AO it's the same thing, The SBI can fight the rats all they want but they never get rid of them, they always find a way.
      So that's why a rat, it's a comparison, something nasty, something like that if you see it, you using poison (at least 8.1!) on it and no one likes them (like at home).

But i like dogs, my one has name Jessy!
      :)
    • I don't know if i'm playing the same corrupted dungeons that you guys play. But in stalker level i have faced only people that want to fight. Of course, big part of that people was wearing bloodletter and when they are losing fight, they run to reset, which is a annoying mechanic. But people are fighting. A little amount of players are only destroying crystals. SBI reported, 2 patches ago that 75% of invasions was resulting in death of some part, this is a good amount, i think.
    • Tabor wrote:

Darrio that is probably true in Stalker. With the low IP and in general lower loot rewards people tend to fight more there. In Slayer with higher infamy and better fame you see more pure rat players who make a build with 100% mobility. They just break shards with no intention of ever fighting another player.
      That’s not a problem of corrupted itself
      It’s the problem of bad balancing or “high risk-high reward” scheme
      To high ip soft cap
      To high drop rewards
      To high risk of losing 10mil set vs that rewards
    • CD is not what the community 'needed' or not what YOU wanted?

Nowhere does it say they are supposed to be a 1v1 HG type of event.

For what it's worth the only 'fair' PvP in any game is either the FPS style shooters where everyone has the same equipment and abilities or 'agreed upon' duels. Which are already in AO.
      I'm a bomb technician...… If you see me running, try to keep up!
    • Madrax573 wrote:

CD is not what the community 'needed' or not what YOU wanted?

Nowhere does it say they are supposed to be a 1v1 HG type of event.

For what it's worth the only 'fair' PvP in any game is either the FPS style shooters where everyone has the same equipment and abilities or 'agreed upon' duels. Which are already in AO.
      What i ment by this is that this community ( not just me ) mainly seeked a way to have the possibility of beeing a solo player without beeing effed by large groups/hordes of enemies when doing content. Also a lot of the new players that came into the game will need some kind of winnable pvp experience. Right now if you are new and guildless you will get killed by a gank group of 8 veterans with full specced weapons which makes new players avoid pvp zones. How would one ever get into pvp when all other players are running around in groups and are specced up? You try it 3 or 4 times with gear the same level as your enemies but you will die 99% of the time since they got 200ip more on their gear than a new player does. New players dont stick around, older ones go because they burn out of this game and thats how you hollow out an online community. As much as you dont like it , the game has to adapt to its new player base if it wants to keep a healthier playerbase. And 1v1 HG are something a huge part of the community wished for but as @Guilefulwolf and @Draedark already pointed out, CD are not like HG since HG provide you with the possibility of PvE and are mainly PvP. CD are mainly PvE with a chance of PvP. CD seem like a more balanced kind of solo dng dives. SBI knew that the old dungeon diving was dying because there were like 10 gankers per red zone and only 1 or 2 people actually doing the dungeons.

Yiotoo wrote:

Another idea: There could be an item with the skill similar of the Bloodseeker

"If the unit moves, it takes damage based on the distance moved. The damage is dealt through spell immunity."

of couse the damage should be balanced.

Another skill could be if the an enemy leaves a radius of x, he gets stunned or silenced...
      The idea is nice but if guardian helmet could purge that it would be useless right away. I like the idea of a the Puck skill but what weapon/gear piece could have that without beeing abused/overused in zvzs? The item would have a huuge pricetag if it wasnt limited in affected players.
      But i think you shouldnt mention other games on this forum before some veterans start crying
    • There are: Hunter, Stalker and Slayer.
      There could be another one: Duel Hardcore. (A smaller map, without mobs, without ip cap, better final loot than others difficults, that you can't loop or escape, only fight for death)

So the people that want to fight, will be happy. They will have duel with who wants to duel. And it will be faster to find the battles.
      And the people, who wants to do CD for farming, will also be happy, since there will be less people wanting to dive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      After sometime reading the forum

I just realized my idea was very similar from yours Tschloerin(The Colloseum). lol

The post was edited 3 times, last by Yiotoo ().

• Yiotoo wrote:

Another idea: There could be an item with the skill similar of the Bloodseeker

"If the unit moves, it takes damage based on the distance moved. The damage is dealt through spell immunity."

of couse the damage should be balanced.

Another skill could be if the an enemy leaves a radius of x, he gets stunned or silenced...
      Heh, reminds me of "Gork sez stop." There is a head skill that triggers on skill use, but one based on movement also sound nice. Good thought!
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

So nobody has anything to say about the ability to completely run away in Corrupted Dungeon to get out of aggro range, and get full health back?

Nobody?!

What the fuck :D well, I guess resetting the fight is acceptable in Albion Online's community.
      let me turn your question around

Who of the developer plays competitive successfull corrupted or 2HG?

Just list one or two that are good and known for pvp skill..

In an ideal world people like balance guys would be good in 1 or 2 hg (or corrupted) and are forced to play each day on work 2 hours their own game..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().