IMO: Corrupted dungeons are not what the community needed

• IMO: Corrupted dungeons are not what the community needed

Since reddit mods seemingly think this topic is too controversial for reddit i will just post it here too.

I think that when the community saw the first impression of "1v1 dungeons" everybody was hyped to finally have the chance of having a "fair 1v1" experience. But the current state of 1v1 is grindy af.
      Dont get me wrong, i enjoy the new dungeons but from my point of view this is not the kind of 1v1 the community really wished for because of 2 factors.

1st: It is not forced to go for the fight. Rats for example use these dungeons solely for farming and they will always outrun you and destroy the crystals. I get that the crystals are a mechanic to avoid bad matchups but it still gives every player the opinion to not care about the enemy at all and just keep grinding the dungeon. 1v(1/2)? Surely you will run with your 4.1 gear when seeing someone rocking 8.1 and it is not my intention to condemn people running, but the ability to just outrun every fight is something that kills the idea of 1v1 dungeons.

2nd: If you actually want to 1v1, wait 2-3 mins for an invasion and just get outrun you spawn back in your dungeon and have to clear it first before having the chance to 1v1 again. I know that having invaded "increases your chance of beeing invaded" but tbh i didnt get invaded once after i invaded and got teleported back to my dungeon. I tried to play 1v1 for 2h straight and just had 1 real fight. 90% of time i was running around the invaded dungeon or i was doing my own dungeon to get another chance at invading. It is grindy, and i get that it kind of has to be but going for 1v1s and not getting 1v1s in a more or less 1v1 oriented enviroment maked me think if this is what the community wanted when asking for "1v1 content".

I think that SBI could have just done some game mode like "The Colloseum" where people queue up from the cities arena area, fight in a trap and/or wild animal riddled small arena where the winner takes it all. Also this could give players Faction points for the city they queue for or there is a seasonly competition on which city has the most glorious and successfull gladiators. And maybe even give out a small reward for participants of the winners city?
      Or maybe even port their ghosts in a completly random piece of map where everyone around could spectate it but no1 but mobs could interact with the 2 gladiators. This would make the surroundings random each new fight and it would give a chance in every possible matchup.
      The most important thing IMO though is that there should be something like an MMR for corrupteds or this "Colloseum" and that MMR should mainly be based on your effective IP, not your gear level but your actuall IP. That way new players with maybe 0 spec and 4 flat gear would not get teared down by 6.2 guys and can have a much more exciting fight, cause beeing honest there is no excitement i get when i see an 8.3 1h dagger when i try to fight in 6.1. Cause i know i can either run or die, maybe be extremly lucky and trick him into trap/minions but 99.9% of 8.3 players are not that braindead, sadly.

Whats your opinion on this? Do you guys think Corrupted dungeons are what this game needed/wanted? Or is there any major flaw in my thoughts? Excited to see a discussion
    • The current Corrupted design is not at all what most PvPers I know wanted. The extensive PvE associated and overly large design makes little sense in an intended solo encounter. Solo PvE dungeons already exist 75% of people with infamy quite honestly should be in green dungeons instead. Chasing kids bashing Crystals or these cancer knight armor reset builds is not very enjoyable content. At the very least it would be appreciated if they added the option for players to reup their PvP queue after each invasion ends if they so choose to limit the gap between fight chances.
    • Tschloerin wrote:

Since reddit mods seemingly think this topic is too controversial for reddit i will just post it here too.

I think that when the community saw the first impression of "1v1 dungeons" everybody was hyped to finally have the chance of having a "fair 1v1" experience. But the current state of 1v1 is grindy af.
      Dont get me wrong, i enjoy the new dungeons but from my point of view this is not the kind of 1v1 the community really wished for because of 2 factors.

1st: It is not forced to go for the fight. Rats for example use these dungeons solely for farming and they will always outrun you and destroy the crystals. I get that the crystals are a mechanic to avoid bad matchups but it still gives every player the opinion to not care about the enemy at all and just keep grinding the dungeon. 1v(1/2)? Surely you will run with your 4.1 gear when seeing someone rocking 8.1 and it is not my intention to condemn people running, but the ability to just outrun every fight is something that kills the idea of 1v1 dungeons.

2nd: If you actually want to 1v1, wait 2-3 mins for an invasion and just get outrun you spawn back in your dungeon and have to clear it first before having the chance to 1v1 again. I know that having invaded "increases your chance of beeing invaded" but tbh i didnt get invaded once after i invaded and got teleported back to my dungeon. I tried to play 1v1 for 2h straight and just had 1 real fight. 90% of time i was running around the invaded dungeon or i was doing my own dungeon to get another chance at invading. It is grindy, and i get that it kind of has to be but going for 1v1s and not getting 1v1s in a more or less 1v1 oriented enviroment maked me think if this is what the community wanted when asking for "1v1 content".

I think that SBI could have just done some game mode like "The Colloseum" where people queue up from the cities arena area, fight in a trap and/or wild animal riddled small arena where the winner takes it all. Also this could give players Faction points for the city they queue for or there is a seasonly competition on which city has the most glorious and successfull gladiators. And maybe even give out a small reward for participants of the winners city?
      Or maybe even port their ghosts in a completly random piece of map where everyone around could spectate it but no1 but mobs could interact with the 2 gladiators. This would make the surroundings random each new fight and it would give a chance in every possible matchup.
      The most important thing IMO though is that there should be something like an MMR for corrupteds or this "Colloseum" and that MMR should mainly be based on your effective IP, not your gear level but your actuall IP. That way new players with maybe 0 spec and 4 flat gear would not get teared down by 6.2 guys and can have a much more exciting fight, cause beeing honest there is no excitement i get when i see an 8.3 1h dagger when i try to fight in 6.1. Cause i know i can either run or die, maybe be extremly lucky and trick him into trap/minions but 99.9% of 8.3 players are not that braindead, sadly.

Whats your opinion on this? Do you guys think Corrupted dungeons are what this game needed/wanted? Or is there any major flaw in my thoughts? Excited to see a discussion
      I agree with colloseum thing and with MMR. Those two are very good ideas.

I think we could think to create another kind of content like colloseum, or we can brainstorming ideas for the atual corrupted dungeon.

Some ideas:

1) If no people die in a determined time in a invaded corrupted dungeon, the dungeon could be invaded again, to have 3 people inside. And if it takes too much to die, another people could join, to have 4 people, recursively.

2) Put a time limit for the dungeon, since the crystal's life was risen, the chased will be more likely to run in loop and do not break the crystal.

3) The map becoming smaller after some time, with poison or others stuffs, like usual battle royale style
      (another idea for albion is a battle royale with many people)

4) The traps helps the chased, it could have some traps that will help the stalker and others trap that will mess with the chased. Like wall that closed path, places with lower speed moviment, if someone passes thought a ground after 3s the next players will get a buff of speed.

5) the mobs could respawn stronger

6) or go to the oposite way, less health for crystal, faster a out, and real fast match find for who wants to fight, everyone will be happy, chased and the stalker, the downside is the corrupted dungeon will be less risky

The post was edited 3 times, last by Yiotoo ().

• Yiotoo wrote:

1) If no people die in a determined time in a invaded corrupted dungeon, the dungeon could be invaded again, to have 3 people inside. And if it takes too much to die, another people could join, to have 4 people, recursively.
      2) Put a time limit for the dungeon, since the crystal's life was risen, the chased will be more likely to run in loop and do not break the crystal.
      3) The map becoming smaller after some time, with poison or others stuffs, like usual battle royale style
      (another idea for albion is a battle royale with many people)
      4) The traps helps the chased, it could have some traps that will help the stalker and others trap that will mess with the chased. Like wall that closed path, places with lower speed moviment, if someone passes thought a ground after 3s the next players will get a buff of speed.
      5) the mobs could respawn stronger
      6) or go to the oposite way, less health for crystal, faster a out, and real fast match find for who wants to fight, everyone will be happy, chased and the stalker, the downside is the corrupted dungeon will be less risky
      1) I think that idea is a bit too far. If you play a 1v1 build and suddenly have to play 1v1v1v1 could be less entertaining but i really really like the idea of mobs becoming stronger as the invasion goes on. If 1 player just keeps running and suddenly his "cleared" path is not so clear anymore and monsters eff him over that would be a nice reason to stop running and start fighting.
      2) i guess that only would work in addition with things like your #4
      3) I think that would really disadvantage ranged roles, depending on how fast you want that circle of death.
      4) Thats and AWESOME idea. Although SBI has to be carefull to not overload dungeons with those traps
      5) 100% supported
      6) but then it is so shizophrenic to make 1v1 content if it is that easily dodgeable.
      Maybe we are lucky and SBI reads this, seemingly there is not much interest from the community, sadly
    • I don't know what you're talking about. SBI know what they are doing.

It's been 3 years they are removing POI of the game where you had to fight for.
      It's been 3 years they are sticking to the same old bugs they don't care about.
      It's been 3 years the latency is a huge issue for "fair" pvp.
      It's been 3 years they are favoring fleeing over fighting.
      It's been 3 years they are pissing on there own moto "high risk high reward" after each update.
      It's been 3 years they are just making the game annoying for no reason, make people loose time playing the game for no reason, it just feels like oldschool corean MMORPG where they had to stalk people for time because subscription was hour based.
      Melaween
    • Shevarage wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about. SBI know what they are doing.

It's been 3 years they are removing POI of the game where you had to fight for.
      It's been 3 years they are sticking to the same old bugs they don't care about.
      It's been 3 years the latency is a huge issue for "fair" pvp.
      It's been 3 years they are favoring fleeing over fighting.
      It's been 3 years they are pissing on there own moto "high risk high reward" after each update.
      It's been 3 years they are just making the game annoying for no reason, make people loose time playing the game for no reason, it just feels like oldschool corean MMORPG where they had to stalk people for time because subscription was hour based.
      Havent they added more POI the last patch? More towers/castles/camps?
      To be fair , fixing bugs is always easier said than done. Maybe it is even a problem of unity like the bad asset snap that occurs from time to time. SBI cannot fix these without doing the whole project all over again.
      I live in germany and never had a ping problem. 100ms is not optimal but far from unplayable. SEA region has problems though, but how do you think they could erridicate those latency issues? Do you know how such networks work?
      Why do you mean they favor it? Having good possibilities to run is crutial in this game or should every gatherer be auto death once he gets ganked by 3+ people? Then the economy would crumble like dry cake.
      Ok cant argue with the motto though, Corrupteds effed this doctrine as well as ganking bug exploitation-
    • Tschloerin wrote:

CassX wrote:

Guys, if you're going to quit, can I have your stuff?
      You could at least have tried to read the whole thread...
      Well I read something in a quick but..You know..
      But the effort was! ;)

And to the CD, I don't call them that, to me it's a content called "run Forest, run" and what I was hoping for is something different than what's in game now, but you get used to it after a few updates, so I personally don't deal with it..
    • I dunno what is your problem

1) I think it is super thrilling to do 15 min pve for 29 secs pvp
      2) I think it is super cool to see crystal one gone..run there.. crystal two gone..and finally get to see your opponent on crystal 3..
      3) I really love the permanent practice if u win a fight and your enemy just resets the fight and you can do it again..that's so great!

And the best is, this exciting thing happens in 90% of corrupted dungeons for me..

YaY, exactly what I was looking for..

I thought this is the solo PvP patch but I am so lucky that I can play more pve now and don't get disturbed or even have a chance to find more pvp for me..

Hype!!!?
    • Tschloerin wrote:

I think the point of corrupted dungeons was replacing an old diving content that almost not available anymore.
    • Tabor wrote:

The current Corrupted design is not at all what most PvPers I know wanted. The extensive PvE associated and overly large design makes little sense in an intended solo encounter. Solo PvE dungeons already exist 75% of people with infamy quite honestly should be in green dungeons instead. Chasing kids bashing Crystals or these cancer knight armor reset builds is not very enjoyable content. At the very least it would be appreciated if they added the option for players to reup their PvP queue after each invasion ends if they so choose to limit the gap between fight chances.
      100% agreed.

too much dead time between fights, these corrupted dg also serve for kids that go full pve skiping all pvp forcing me to go pve too... thats just plain bull... why not use the hg desing but just for 1v1 and adding infamy. thats wht i tought corrupted dg would be and i am very disapointed with the amount of PVE (dead time for me) found on these corrupted dgs.
    • Another idea is you can only get infame by killing people inside corrupted dungeon, not the mobs. This will incentivate people to fight.

Input of infame:
      When you kill someone in dungeon, you will get more infame than the dead guy will lose
      (eg: if you kill you will get 10k infame, if you die you will lose 5k)

Output of infame:
      So, will we have inflation? No, cause each time you kill and loot the boss you spend infame to get a good loot with the bonus,If you dont have enough infame to loot final boss, you will not get the bonus for the loot or maybe no loot!
      (eg: To get the bonus, from infame, for the loot in the final chest, you must spend like 2k infame)

It was only an example, adjustment must be done.

The post was edited 18 times, last by Yiotoo ().

• There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding in what Corrupted Dungeons are intended to be.

I am pretty sure the Corrupted Dungeons were billed as being a solo experience with the chance for fair 1v1 PvP. I should probably go back through the dev posts and review the exact verbiage, but that is the jist of it as I recall.

The key term to me here being "fair."

Fair 1v1 PvP is subjective and up to the opinion of both parties involved. I do not run much CD at all, but it seems to be set up in such a manner that if either party deems the encounter not fair or not ideal, they have the option to terminate it.

This end goal as I see it was to give an alternative to solo random dungeon diving to those truly seeking fair 1v1 PvP, since legacy solo random dungeon diving was "nerfed."
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Draedark ().

• This is something i posted not long ago and i still think this is how CDs should be. Basically when i first heard of them i thought "okay 1v1 hellgates r coming".

Guilefulwolf wrote:

I expected it to be a contest where 2 players would be spawned at 2 different corners of the DG at the same time and that the PvE would only be optional if players wanted to clean their way while looking for the other player.

The size of the DG would be slowly colapsing and reduced in size until there was only a central area alike to a duel size open field, so it was possible to retreat and heal up for some time but not forever.

Of course i didnt expect any way to vanish the other players or urself but to be in a fight or die situation.

After one of the players died a final boss would appear to get some loot and thats it.