Already bored by the alpha

• How can you be bored in such an amazing game? Indeed, join a guild bro. The guild fights are really sick stuff! Look at how big the battles are on youtube, that is the most epic thing you will ever find in a game today.

Because a big part of the game is full-loot PVP without criminal system, of course people are going to play as a group. You cannot walk around alone in a red zone, so join a guild, try to organize things yourself in that guild, show initiative, for instance try to organize crafting in group. You will have more fun that you ever had before. Even people can function as a scout to see whether enemies are coming nearby.
  • Wolfsspinne wrote:

It's just a week of alpha and I'm already kind of bored.
    Everything seems so hard to reach and in 3 weeks it's all gone again.

Anyone else feeling that way?

I feel your pain friend, looking at the destiny board there's no point to grind so much for no gain.. but in order to compete/"enjoy" you have to grind... a vicious cycle.. SI have basically abolished smaller guilds this alpha which is killing it for us as never has an alpha been more reliant on a coordinated zerg.

They seem to think when people say "zerg" this applies to combat.

Most of our group are already inactive simply because they're not having fun in the game anymore.., grind grind grind for some shitty weapon that either gets nerfed or is countered by something else...
    • I think the main thing that's killed it for us is the death of "real" open world PvP, we killed 1 zero quality and 1 H&S NW then NE in traitorfell, flagged as is how we always play.. both H&S ganged up with ZQ about 16 players to kill 4 in the red zone, this shouldn't even be possible and is just a sad and sorry state for PvP.. normally the two groups would fight and an FFA would occur but nup... DANCE OF FLAGS FUCKERS
    • "Limited" PvP is care-bear as shit
    • Where we reside, if you are flagged as 5 (maximum team to run or you show on the map) you will die. Hammer and Sickle run smart with groups of 8-13 x 4-8 groups with Ox and farm together so they're always stronger than the 5man red group. Basically by SI trying to add "anti zerg" mechanics they've actually made it much much better for the zergs and have killed it for the likes of us... it's sadly disheartening and we've had enough to bother to tell them how they should "fix" their game.. falls on deaf ears.. we used to be able to snipe their players and run away now we cannot.
    This is my own personal worst alpha so far but also least enjoyable, could just be me but the diminished population 1.5 weeks into this test is indicating it's not me.

So for all of you fan boys on the band wagon, give him a break he's got a valid point.

They've set the game nice n grindy for launch and LP coordinated but I really CBF this time around hahaha. Feel your pain mate

"Developers who try to please EVERYONE end up creating crap. A camel is a horse designed by a committee."-BigJohnny82 13/10/2015

The post was edited 2 times, last by ProtON ().

• ProtON wrote:

Wolfsspinne wrote:

It's just a week of alpha and I'm already kind of bored.
    Everything seems so hard to reach and in 3 weeks it's all gone again.

Anyone else feeling that way?

I feel your pain friend, looking at the destiny board there's no point to grind so much for no gain.. but in order to compete/"enjoy" you have to grind... a vicious cycle.. SI have basically abolished smaller guilds this alpha which is killing it for us as never has an alpha been more reliant on a coordinated zerg.

They seem to think when people say "zerg" this applies to combat.

Most of our group are already inactive simply because they're not having fun in the game anymore.., grind grind grind for some shitty weapon that either gets nerfed or is countered by something else...
    • I think the main thing that's killed it for us is the death of "real" open world PvP, we killed 1 zero quality and 1 H&S NW then NE in traitorfell, flagged as is how we always play.. both H&S ganged up with ZQ about 16 players to kill 4 in the red zone, this shouldn't even be possible and is just a sad and sorry state for PvP.. normally the two groups would fight and an FFA would occur but nup... DANCE OF FLAGS FUCKERS
    • "Limited" PvP is care-bear as shit
    • Where we reside, if you are flagged as 5 (maximum team to run or you show on the map) you will die. Hammer and Sickle run smart with groups of 8-13 x 4-8 groups with Ox and farm together so they're always stronger than the 5man red group. Basically by SI trying to add "anti zerg" mechanics they've actually made it much much better for the zergs and have killed it for the likes of us... it's sadly disheartening and we've had enough to bother to tell them how they should "fix" their game.. falls on deaf ears.. we used to be able to snipe their players and run away now we cannot.
    This is my own personal worst alpha so far but also least enjoyable, could just be me but the diminished population 1.5 weeks into this test is indicating it's not me.

So for all of you fan boys on the band wagon, give him a break he's got a valid point.

They've set the game nice n grindy for launch and LP coordinated but I really CBF this time around hahaha. Feel your pain mate

same, going with melee was the biggest mistake I have made this alpha, amongst a few others but, with LP and a short alpha, it is pointless to give something else a try, because at this stage in the alpha, you need t5+ to compete and I am still in t4.3 due to a busy real life this go around. I mean I can craft t5 but I cant even wear it yet :/ close though. but by the time I can, t6 will be a standard.
  • I find I have the same issue with many games nowadays. If it takes too long to achieve what I want, I get bored. Of course it is the same if it's too easy.
    In all honesty, some games are just not meant for people with busy schedules. It happens and it's okay =]
    However, I will say that for me at least, joining a community helps a lot with that because at that point you aren't just playing for your own level and gear. You are playing because you want to hang out with your friends and share some kind of story with them. Except for Destiny -,..,-' That game let me down so hard... Great gameplay, terrible amount of gear and grinding for similar gear. No ammount of companionship could fix that for me... okay that's not true but still... I got off topic, sorry!
    But yes, try joining a guild or invite a friend or two of yours to play it with you. Unless you are completely sure you hate everything else about the game. Then just turn around and look back when it's been pulled from the depths of alpha lol.
    -Kelev Rah
  • its a big grind to this weapons unlocks thats ture. most problem is that players need to unlock t5.4 or higher gear arent available for gatheres farmer or lower tier gus to just help them out farming famr. after that the need to farm the recoursses for this weaopen. so you habe to gather like 4+ hours aday to set you stock up for gvg´s if you dont have slaves that help you grind the gatherthing..

these level tier items blow out the fun for me
  • Ahhh i see. I actually don't have the early access unfortunately lol so I wouldn't know but honestly, by what you just told me... this is a very guild based game unless you have a tooooonnnnn of time on your hands and want to be a master of all. That actually kinda sucks for me because I don't really like playing with guilds. I have social anxiety and it actually effects my gaming to >~<' But like I was saying, unless you find a guild that is coordinating who crafts what and who gathers what else, it's going to feel like a grind. But at the same time, to me anyways, the idea of not being awesome at everything and depending on everyone around you sounds great... but lets be honest, it almost never ever works out for people like me lol.
    -Kelev Rah
  • WE MUST BECOME OUR OWN ENTERTAINMENT!!

game concepts have all been build, the mechanics are already seen- we must fill this game with the AWSOME CHAOS OF HUMANITY!!

it is time gentle peeps to build a game WITHIN THE GAME...rise up and make this game THIS game awesome because WE DAMN WELL SAID IT WAS!!

and when it isn't...we leave as one and repeat in another game!
  • I dug up this old forum and the only thing that I can say is that this game has so many different little things to do... If you are one of the people who are not happy with the current guilds running the show then you can avoid that part of the game. Or make/join a guild to bring down the '1 guild' who is ruining the game for you. With a true sandbox MMO the goal is to complete the game. Good luck doing that over night. This game is what it says it is. Sandbox MMO.