PvP is no longer rewarding.

• Then again, one PvP ranking for open world and one for corrupted lair league would solve it All. I mean, why not make 1v1 a thing, like crystal GvG? That way, you could see who's the badass and make off season tournament too. I mean, it's just more juice to the game and most of the players who does open world would be happy ... But you guys see this thread negatively, while we just want to improve it ...
    • I always felt it would be cool to break out PvP fame in a sub set by category between OW, HG, GvG, and Corrupted. That way totals stay in tact but you could see the driving force categories at the same time.

On a complete random note you can see how much 8.3 resources were stock piled for so long by the absurd amount of death happening in giant gear the past few weeks. I imagine that will balance out soon with the supply diminished.
    • Man.. All you people bitching about being killed by Gankers is just funny. Doesn't matter if its 1v1, 1v10, or 1v20.. You still die, and lose your loot.

In a game where the is no real winning, you decide what winning is. For some its killing as many people as possible to get the most loot/kill fame.
      Some people want to be #1 Gatherer, #1 this or that...
      The real question is.. ARE U HAVING FUN? Is the game ENJOYABLE? Right now, I am not, and it is not.

I literally only play this game for PVP.

PVP is being phased out and watered down so SBI can make more money off of casual players. I don't blame them, but its pushing players like me (PVP players) to find another game. Eventually there will be no wolves in the forest to hunt the sheep. The sheep will get fat and die of diabetes.

What will you guys do when there is no more PVP? Gather and Craft so you can.. PVE?
    • jaredxsimpson wrote:

Man.. All you people bitching about being killed by Gankers is just funny. Doesn't matter if its 1v1, 1v10, or 1v20.. You still die, and lose your loot.

In a game where the is no real winning, you decide what winning is. For some its killing as many people as possible to get the most loot/kill fame.
      The real question is.. ARE U HAVING FUN? Is the game ENJOYABLE? Right now, I am not, and it is not.

PVP is being phased out and watered down so SBI can make more money off of casual players. I don't blame them, but its pushing players like me (PVP players) to find another game. Eventually there will be no wolves in the forest to hunt the sheep. The sheep will get fat and die of diabetes.

What will you guys do when there is no more PVP? Gather and Craft so you can.. PVE?
      i dont get it are you the only one allowed to itch about things ? i mean you reduce your risk constantly by going in a 5-8 man parties and ganking people. high risk if youd run into a zvz group of 60-90 and trying to get out of that, but then thats no longer fun cause you constantly lose; same for low level players solo players, also the zvz groups have a harder time catching people due builds.
      secondly people here kill gatherers with 8 people that carry t5 rocks and shit, in corrupteds people are fighting 8.3s, why would you get equal fame fighting a person with worse gear; newer to the game and are less numbered fights in general than playing vs people who are there in highest level item gear, got maxed specs and are generally more experienced players on *as even footing as it could be*?
      it sounds like you want high risk high reward by lowering your risk and still take the high rewards; i mean run a full 8.3 team in 5v5 hgs eventually someone else will come with one.
    • jaredxsimpson wrote:

Man.. All you people bitching about being killed by Gankers is just funny. Doesn't matter if its 1v1, 1v10, or 1v20.. You still die, and lose your loot.

This post is the literal definiton of those forums. Every single discussion ends up being about people that feel they are some kind of predator of the weak, but at the same time can't be bothered to actually fight people.

"I want PvP. I love PvP. But a mode where people are prepared to fight me? No sir. Absolutely disgusting. SBI is taking away that lovely PvP in which i'd go around fighting people mid-life in dungeons with 5 of my mates. How dare they. I only PvP if i'm highly favored to win, you see. And how dare SBI actually take away my enjoyment of such a fun and engaging pvp for both parties and only gives me back an actual pvp mode? You PvE people are killing the game by not dying by my hands as easily"

Seriously people, get over yourselves. If your favored "PvP" is killing people who can't fairly fight back, then, you know, go portal camp at BZ. If you actually want to PvP, risk reward and all the jazz go run slayer mode CD. Plenty of risking and rewarding of 8.3 gears. What? Rats? People running? Imbalanced builds, you say? Kinda like people being group ganked mid dungeon, huh?

Also, for god's sake stop hijacking every thread to make your self congratulatory rant. OP has actually a good point of discussion that has jack all to do with your distate of no-Dungeon Diving, PvE people or whatever. Try to keep it at the point.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ziz0 ().

• PvP fame will always get easier to achieve as the game get more popular and ppl get richer (higher tier gears). I remember in older days weekly top fame was 10-15m.... nothing wrong with ppl getting fame in corrupted IMO the game is just evolving and thats coming from some1 who also grinded pvp fame for fun (top4) and will keep doing but in the end its just a number :D
      I agree that Evilz shoulda get t8 double bladed staff named after him or something tho since he grinded hard and is known for his double bladed staff...Lots of ppl will reach 1b pvp fame in the next weeks but thats not a big concern to me as i think the game is doing well beside the ZvZ clusterf*ks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lewke ().

• Corrupted dungeon patch was worst allbion staff idea and f4ked up most contents and slowly killing this game right now, dive dungs not exist, black zones are empty, doing pvp or zvz or gvg is pointless when u can reach more pvp fame in solo 1vs1, even hg 2vs2 is pointless right now, doing drop dungeons or static right now is pointless because u can gain more fame pve in corrupted dung in 30min than u obrain in 4-5 people group in dung by 25-30min each. Farming silver from solo dungeons in bz top tier map is pointless because u can find corrupted dungeon next to carleon gate and jump there in without even mount and back in to black market with easy faster money without risking your transport from bz. Many people quited and many guilds have problem to find any group content right now because everyone in farming fame pve or pvp or silver inside corruption dung. For guild who not doing zvz game is over right now and for people who was focused on pvp fame from zvz groups, going for zvz right now is only for fun not to get far with pvp fame from others. Ganking also almost died in red zones and in black as well. Game is right now too easy, too easy to make silver as solo player, too easy to make decent fame without even your guild help, too easy to end with 100 specs in everything. We all knew that corrupted dungeons meta will be controled by only few builds but they are dominated by 10m silver sets 8.3 who farming free silver and free pve/pvp fame so easy. I dont know what kind of frusstration have see newbie guy who have hit 5.16.0 set almost 0 specs trying to do any pvp there and finding nerd with full of 8.3 who have next 1b silver in for next sets if he fail anyday...

The post was edited 1 time, last by MerliN1st ().

• What I don't get is people complain about pvp fame being useless. The fact is you are right there is no benefit in having a high pvp fame amount beside flexing.
      If you are having this big of issue with it you are not playing albion for enjoyingment. pvp is a big part of Albion people leave because it does not suit them, some peope play because it what they enjoy about the game.
    • Lewke wrote:

its good streaming content...
      Not really much, I don't look at a few streamers anymore because either they talk in CDs when they meet an equivalent opponent and they don't want to risk death and or I'm tired of watching "run Forest, run" for 20 minutes where it ends up destroying crystals anyway..
      So..
    • evilz wrote:

Open world PvP fame is dead.
      Let's hug and cry my old friend.

Sadly guys the most fun pvp game "albion" we remember; is gone. And I don't think they will fix it from now on. cuz of the new carebear community. they like to cry everything. and finally as we can see hardcore side of the game is gone. like every f%?king way with every f%?king update little by little they ruined open world solo/small scale pvp.

When the 2vs2 hellgates arrived, open world pvp had a massive injury. and then 1vs1 corrupteds came to kill it.

i am gonna miss those good old days. i quit.

ps: before i go i have to say evilz deserved what he want.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zulmer ().

• Just some updates since the patch.

Goof died like 10 times yesterday in 8.3 and lost over 50% of his Infamy.

Muhabelli died like 4 times yesterday in 8.3 and lost a good chunk of his Infamy.

I doubt Braash will even play with the dagger changes or be a viable corrupted dungeon player. Anyhow, the rats have been patched out.

Dagger rats are no longer forgiving builds, if you make a mistake you die. This is how it should be with most all builds unless you have a hard counter on your opponent. I am encountering builds of all types and everything has a counter. No one has an unforgiving build so far. Claymore is strong, so is crossbow, spear will be stronger soon, there are just so many viable builds.

Good job and thank you everyone for your attention! SBI listened!

• Sounds good parallel. The more forgiving build, the more room for mistake - it´s unforgiveable that such build is as strong or even stronger than builds you are require to execute perfectly otherwise you are dead meat.

The bloodletter knight armor rat is probably still going strong i imagine. That´s the most forgiving build. You just keep hitting the enemy - if you see you are winning, he is dead meat. If you see you aren´t doing good, you just easily escape. That´s just disgusting.

+off topic : Playing axe is really sad. Even if you execture it properly, it´s just not enough if you encounter someone with a brain - how sad is that :D
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• Yeah axe is still not viable :( I tried bear paws and did okay in stalker but that will not work in slayer. I don't know what would make it work? I tried a few battle axe builds but that needs a rework to be viable. Maybe we could make some suggestions for changing the battle axe E like giving it a channel and movement speed and you get X amount of hits that restore damage so it's like a mini mercenary jacket? Something in line with the current dagger dps/life steal.

I wonder how to make every build more balanced for 1v1 while making it balanced for everything else at the same time.

For bloodletter I think the issue is it is strong with 3 q stacks. It turns plate to leather damage on paper at that point. How can they change plate to not kill all the other builds that rely on that damage while only nerfing this build? Anyone have any ideas?
    • The problem with axes apart the insane energy reduction cost is that axes are supposed to be one of the " High damage low mobility " type of weapons. However, they are low mobility and average damage without any CC´s, thus they are crap.

No clue how to balance bloodletter. That thing is just broken anyway. What kind of joke is that you can rather easily reduce your oponnents to 40% health even without E. And chain slash: Invulnerability, strong aoe damage and movement ability which can be used to evade skillshots. Like come on bruh.
      The idea of solo playing bloodletter just doesn´t fit to that weapon. It shouldn´t work like that. How the hell is a weapon that is used for finishing off oponents so strong that it can dominate in 1 v 1 and demolish groups ?
      And what if you go fight and have a group of 3-4 people with bloodletters ? It´s a damn joke. They just instantly obliterate groups with W and E.
      As for plate, i would just ban knight armor in corrupted - ez. But the bloodletter would still be strong anyway. That thing just needs to be changed
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7