PvP is no longer rewarding.

    • Yeah I think most of these people hating on Evilz are just non pvpers who couldn't make it in World of Warcraft, Eve Online, or League of Legends for some reason or another so they chose to play a full loot PvP game and forgot that is what they are playing. For some reason they can not embrace this genre of a game, so they want the genre to change. It's a full loot PvP game. The #1 feature advertised is a PvP game with full loot. It makes 0 sense.

      I will restate what I said in another post, if ganking was so easy, why isn't everyone ganking and hitting 1B fame? Everyone is doing corrupted dungeons right now with dagger line and I guarantee you if something doesnt change in 6-8 weeks 50+ people will all hit 1B fame. Which means Corrupted Dungeons have created a new evolution in rat: the super, mega rat.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Parallel ().

    • Cool, more opinions and insults on a forum where I am seeking ideas and suggestions for change. Why don't you have any ideas sir? Here are some ideas!

      I've seen too many games lose their player base in the long game to get a quick payout and I will always try to fight to prevent history from repeating itself.

      Ultima Online made this same mistake, they created Trammel and saw their numbers spike initially. Some will argue that UO saw its peak of 350k subscriptions during Trammel, but the core players that embraced non consensual PvP, non instanced combat, and full loot left. Those players migrated to player run servers that used old rule sets and other games based on the pre-Trammel MMO genre like Shadowbane, Runescape, Dark Age of Camelot, Asheron's Call Darktide Server, Eve Online, Mortal Online, Darkfall, Crowfall, etc. An audenience of millions of players. An entire genre of PvP, full loot, non consentual PvP was created that this game is distancing itself from. If Albion Online stayed true to it's genre, they could capture a larger, long term audience that is true to their core genre and not be positioning themselves to be competing with games like World of Warcraft due to a spike in population due to COVID.

      Never forget your core audience, the people who pledged on Kickstarter and supported this project or they are going to forget about you for a new game. This genre of game was created because other games appealed to the audience you are talking about, there was a mass exodus from one game into an entire genre that this game is supposed to be a part of. Once you destroy the foundation population that SBI built this game on and the COVID population dwindles, will the developers listen then?

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Parallel ().

    • You're on some sort of unfounded god complex, parallel.

      First of all, why don't more people hit 1b kf? cuz its a meaningless number. No one cares. easy as that.

      Its ironic that you are claiming you need a participation trophy for something, but if there was a real competition you wouldn't even be in the top 1000. I know this because I watched ur guild disband after trying for a week to take a teri. Then you claim, "oh diversity in leader boards." like anyone cares.

      You're playing the game in your own head. competing with yourself over nothing.


      This whole thread is you trying to make excuses why people should think you're good and people are just rolling their eyes at you saying "ok buddy, time to go home." xd

      If you want to be rewarded for pvp, there is already a little competition going on, its called the season. come play with the big boys and earn your rewards, stop asking for hand outs. its sad.
    • Gurotesuku wrote:

      evilz wrote:

      Open world PvP fame is dead.
      But I was the first at 1 billion PVP fame. Where's my achievement? , where's my reward? , where's my named double blade? , where's my interview?
      I wrote to SBI that I would be streaming that specific day and that they could make it an event. Never got any answer or publicity...
      SBI never cared for ganking, they never will. All good though, it's would be really easy to make an infamy pvp fame board, but why even try?

      Fun fact, they interviewed one guy who had his first billion silver a couple weeks after I reached the pvp fame milestone. Guess what, I had my first billion silver few months after the release of the game ...
      Some peoples have more than 100 billions, why interview someone who got 1 billion silver 3 years after the game came out?

      The truth is simple, they reward streamer and ganking isn't really streamable and it made a lot of players quit the game over the years, so they won't reward it.
      So, do you want to be praised, rewarded, interviewed and become some sort of celebrity for having ganked the poor gatherer thousands of times with a group of friends?
      That is not an achievement, mate, it is quite lame, to be honest, but it does say a lot about the personality of those who continually engage in such activity, even though you are an anecdotal - and rather extreme - case.

      All I did is show a proof of why I'm thinking that ganking in open world is not praised by the game developers. The truth about me is : I'm just awesome! Always will be, and I praise on your hatred and the salt that come with it.

      But this post is not about me, it's bigger, it's will affect the future of the game. So maybe stop seasoning my days and give some fact about how PvP in a PVP game isn't important .... Because to me, I don't care how many deers you killed, I don't play World of Warcraft. I play Albion Online (also known as World of Bubbles and Hideouts). If you want PvE, go to the right place son.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by evilz ().

    • Hate to agree with evilz but him and Parallel are right.

      Yall carebears just want another theme-park mmo where everyone is safe and you never lose anything because it would hurt your precious feelings.

      On topic though: SBI needs to sharply curve the PvP fame rewarded in slayer CD's because it makes pvp fame earned elsewhere irrelevant.

      And before the hipsters argue that PvP fame is worthless to begin with.... try telling that to SBI who offer round table seats to pvp fame leaders, or guilds who use it as a metric for recruiting. It doesnt mean anything in a vacuum but to say its totally pointless is ignorant.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Parallel wrote:

      Yeah I think most of these people hating on Evilz are just non pvpers who couldn't make it in World of Warcraft, Eve Online, or League of Legends for some reason or another so they chose to play a full loot PvP game and forgot that is what they are playing. For some reason they can not embrace this genre of a game, so they want the genre to change. It's a full loot PvP game. The #1 feature advertised is a PvP game with full loot. It makes 0 sense.
      I got top 0.1% on the leaderboard in league on euw which is a game all about pvp cause all it has is a 5v5, and was eligible to play qualifiers for the pro league but our teammates were underage.

      And bullying low level gatherers when youve been playing for 3+ years and pretending youre good from that is kinda laughable, its akin to a d4 hardstuck shitter buying a low level account and stroking his ego by playing in silver getting good scores.

      Bunch of pvpers started by ratting HGs then cried about rats being in HGs after they farmed up specs, which is kinda a two faced way to play the game and of being in general but people seems to be fine with it.

      However there was a 5v5 competition for the best team in albion in off season, none of you here participated, so why cry?
    • Rosalia, thanks for trolling my thread. It's great they admit people like you to the round table who apparently don't play the game or even care about the integrity of a forum? Maybe in the future when you post on my threads you can contribute something other than negativity. I am reporting you and I urge others to do the same.

      I am going to go ahead and reiterate my message since a lot of you keep getting in the way and are not posting ideas but are insulting PvPers:

      Georg51 Just said this. If PvP fame means nothing, then why does highest monthly PvP Fame = seat on the Round Table. If it means nothing, why does SBI categorize it as a prize for those of us are end game?
    • Tomperon wrote:

      Well..changes are needed to make the game survive, core audience like you Said dont pay the Bills alone... Btw most of them pay Premium with silver. I prefer a carebear albion than no albion, Sad but It is the truth
      Well I disagree. A carebear Albion = I dont play anymore. Im here to compete in a high risk full loot environment.

      One of the things you snowflakes dont seem to understand is that those of us that want fights and go looking for them are taking equal risks of our own. Not only our gear, but also our livlihood since our game income is based on what we kill. But we accept that risk because it adds to the excitement of the game. Its the reason I play. Anything less would be boring, and frankly, stupid.

      Im not surprised that my prey want the easy way out, but honestly just go play Path of Exile or do HCE's all day if you cant stomach the hardcore nature that this game was built on.

      SBI's current path is so familiar to what happened to UO its giving me a sickening form of nastaulgia.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Pvp fame chart broke thread

      Georg51 wrote:

      Yall carebears just want another theme-park mmo where everyone is safe and you never lose anything because it would hurt your precious feelings.
      What this refers to?


      I agree that pvp fame chart should be segregated for clarity at least, the logic "pvp fame chart broke = pvp is no more rewarding" is strange idk.
      Maybe im not so hArDcOrE pvper to understand.
    • Tomperon wrote:

      Well..changes are needed to make the game survive, core audience like you Said dont pay the Bills alone... Btw most of them pay Premium with silver. I prefer a carebear albion than no albion, Sad but It is the truth
      Carebear albion = no albion.

      In a game where you cannot lose, nobody is a winner.

      This game economy and everything stands on full loot. Remove it or chip it away, and you will chip away at what this game is or was.

      Look at world of warcraft now, catering to average casual joe to the point where you can just que for a raid and you dont have to interact with people anymore. How nice , since even casuals can enjoy this game, right ? Well, it also leads to devaluating raids and what people do in the game. Why bother even playing then ? It´s no wonder so many people left that game, since it isn´t what it was anymore.

      Hopefully SBI won´t go in a wrong direction. Recent nerfs to be ganking seemed a bit unnecessary ( apart raven nerf - that one is fine ) for they change nothing. If they were meant to help newbies, well - newbies die , since they will run into dismounted gankers anyway. It seemed to be extremely helpful for people who run into hideouts, since you can´t even cc them there anymore - making hideouts even more OP than they are, oh well.

      Catering to people who cry about ganking won´t change a thing. There are two scenarios that can happen when it comes to nerfing ganking.

      1) Nerf ganking a bit. That leads to gankers adapting, either by going in more people or whatever. Newbie still dies, because he doesn´t understand the game - and if more gankers are there due to nerfs, then that´s even worse outcome to a newbie. No matter how much you keep nerfing, this scenario will always be there, until scenario 2 happens.

      2) Nerf ganking to the point that even newbie can easily escape. This will lead to ganking being dead. That will end up in people being bored and economy taking a big hit, because it´s the gankers that are the silver sink - those who keep prices of resources and items high. Remove ganking, and oh boy it´s not gonna be fun. Other thing is that since it is impossible to gank, it also means its extremely simple to escape - so fi you want to have some open world, good luck, because that is not gonna happen since it´s easy to escape.

      Carebears in albion are people who dont play the game. They stay in yellow or blue zones, doing everything safe, and playing HCE. They dont want to play the game, they want to play it safe. It´s like PVE players who wants to remove PVP from the game. They don´t care at all about the game, they just care about having it a safe pve experience. That´s all there is to it. Cater to them, and they will be happy for a while, until they will realise there is nothing to do, nothing to strive towards, since everything is safe. They will get their 8.3 masterpiece set and it´s done. And people who like pvp will just stop playing. The risk is what makes this game fun. No risk, no fun.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • I agree with evilz and parallel.

      People saying no one else got to 1b pvp fame first because there was no competition / announced reward must be joking. I bet this same people, if there was competition, would be killing each other voluntarily, converting silver into pvp fame just to be the first.

      Try to farm yourself pvp fame and you will see how hard it is to get lol.
    • This thread is wild. I've rarely seems something as self absorbed as trying to get an interview for yourself over a goal you made for yourself. Wild.

      That said, it's not the point of the thread. @Parallelel, i think you make a very good point. If the top of the ladder is dominated by people rolling over others through money (and poorly balanced weapons) it sure feels bad for the competition (not saying there's an official one, but still). But let me ask some question about two points that you raised:

      Is there an inherent problem in a game mode with higher level of gear dominating the fame board, when killing people with higher class gear is designed to bring more fame? And was there a time when higher freedom to spend on equipment sets and using the newest unbalanced thing didn't dominate the boards? In summary:

      Do you think there's any difference between what's happening now compared to how things were before, when the imbalance and gear problem already existed but was "spread" through game modes?
    • Ziz0 wrote:

      This thread is wild. I've rarely seems something as self absorbed as trying to get an interview for yourself over a goal you made for yourself. Wild.

      That said, it's not the point of the thread. @Parallelel, i think you make a very good point. If the top of the ladder is dominated by people rolling over others through money (and poorly balanced weapons) it sure feels bad for the competition (not saying there's an official one, but still). But let me ask some question about two points that you raised:

      Is there an inherent problem in a game mode with higher level of gear dominating the fame board, when killing people with higher class gear is designed to bring more fame? And was there a time when higher freedom to spend on equipment sets and using the newest unbalanced thing didn't dominate the boards? In summary:

      Do you think there's any difference between what's happening now compared to how things were before, when the imbalance and gear problem already existed but was "spread" through game modes?

      If the top of the boards were not dominated by dagger rats, there would not be a problem. There is little diversity. A dagger or bloodletter can make 100m-150m fame per week. In the past, these builds stole chests in 2v2 hellgates and enough people complained and SBI patched the chests.

      Usually SBI tends to balance or nerf things after enough people complain, I just wanted to get the ball running early so we don't have to deal with this for a year. There is no difference between the 2v2 rat builds they patched out of the 2v2 dungeons other than the boots and maybe the cape.
    • Georg51 wrote:

      Hate to agree with evilz but him and Parallel are right.

      Yall carebears just want another theme-park mmo where everyone is safe and you never lose anything because it would hurt your precious feelings.

      On topic though: SBI needs to sharply curve the PvP fame rewarded in slayer CD's because it makes pvp fame earned elsewhere irrelevant.

      And before the hipsters argue that PvP fame is worthless to begin with.... try telling that to SBI who offer round table seats to pvp fame leaders, or guilds who use it as a metric for recruiting. It doesnt mean anything in a vacuum but to say its totally pointless is ignorant.
      Only that is not at all what is happening, and the numbers bear that out. PVP fame is directly attributable to losing something. The fact that people are earning massive amounts of PVP fame in Corrupted Dungeons is because someone is dying and lots of people are dying with very expensive sets and loot unlike any time before.

      But, why is that? It's because for once solos, like myself, have a PVP environment that gives them a fair fight and does so with great regularity. I respect the hell out of any GVGers, HGers, or solo gankers. I have zero respect for anyone that gang bangs, and I bet that the vast majority of the fame from top fame earners prior to CDs was obtained via this method, and so who gives a shit if those people fall of the face of the ranks.

      PS - Those that probably gained the majority of their fame from the respected methods above are likely to excel in the new CD world. Those who are struggling are people who were either getting carried by their teammates or can only kill in gang bangs.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Calesvol: Added PS ().

    • Parallel wrote:

      Ziz0 wrote:

      This thread is wild. I've rarely seems something as self absorbed as trying to get an interview for yourself over a goal you made for yourself. Wild.

      That said, it's not the point of the thread. @Parallelel, i think you make a very good point. If the top of the ladder is dominated by people rolling over others through money (and poorly balanced weapons) it sure feels bad for the competition (not saying there's an official one, but still). But let me ask some question about two points that you raised:

      Is there an inherent problem in a game mode with higher level of gear dominating the fame board, when killing people with higher class gear is designed to bring more fame? And was there a time when higher freedom to spend on equipment sets and using the newest unbalanced thing didn't dominate the boards? In summary:

      Do you think there's any difference between what's happening now compared to how things were before, when the imbalance and gear problem already existed but was "spread" through game modes?
      If the top of the boards were not dominated by dagger rats, there would not be a problem. There is little diversity. A dagger or bloodletter can make 100m-150m fame per week. In the past, these builds stole chests in 2v2 hellgates and enough people complained and SBI patched the chests.

      Usually SBI tends to balance or nerf things after enough people complain, I just wanted to get the ball running early so we don't have to deal with this for a year. There is no difference between the 2v2 rat builds they patched out of the 2v2 dungeons other than the boots and maybe the cape.
      This impression is super sad and I can just recommend SBI to get some people boarded to their ranks
      One to play Corrupted
      One to play 2HG
      One to play 5Hg / crystal

      At least 3-4 days a week.

      The balancing and patching based on newspaper propaganda & biased RT influence needs go

      I just remember a talk with syndic about RT seats where he stated his opinion on economic value of this..It was a tremendous amount of money..